A type of boat ride commonly found in carnivals and amusement parks that is mostly geared towards couples. A major theme for the Tunnel of Love is that it features rowboats or most commonly Swan Boats for riders to sit on as they float through a dark tunnel. It would either be a relaxing romantic ride that will encourage couples to get intimate, or a spooky themed ride that will encourage couples to cling to each other. A Comedic turn of "Tunnel of Love" occurs where after emerging from the dark tunnel, a person discovers they are embracing or kissing the wrong person. A sad version can occur if a person is riding by themselves or with someone other than the person they desire.
While this type of ride is rare to find nowadays in any amusement park, it is often used in media that features characters going to a carnival or amusement park, allowing the characters romantically interested in each other a chance to get some alone time.
- This 1970s TV commercial for Bic butane lighters. 
- One episode of Ranma ½ sees Ryōga and Ukyō hatch a scheme to send Ranma and Akane through a haunted Tunnel of Love that supposedly causes any couple who goes through it to break up.
- In Horrors of the Black Museum, Rick and Angela take a ride on the Tunnel of Love at the funfair. While they are in the tunnel, Rick tranforms into the killer and stabs Angela just as the boat emerges.
- In Strangers on a Train, one half of the "Strangers on a Train"-Plot Murder is Bruno killing Miriam, the flagrantly unfaithful wife of Guy. When Miriam goes on a date to an amusement park with two men, Bruno stalks her with the intent of killing her there. Miriam notices and starts flirting with Bruno, and he follows her when she rides in the Tunnel of Love with her "friends".
- Left 4 Dead 2 features one in a segment of the Dark Carnival campaign. Many of the characters poke fun at the situation and each other, peaking as they exit into the "swan maintenance room of love."
- Sam & Max Hit the Road: The Tunnel of Love is one of the attractions Sam and Max can ride on at the Kushman Bros. Carnival. The Freelance Police actually have to go behind the scenes to find an informant who can tell them more about how to find Bruno the Bigfoot and Trixie the Giraffe-Necked Girl.
- In Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, one of the minigames in Dragon Shores is a Tunnel of Love ride that Spyro can go on. It will show NPCs randomly paired together as they pass by in boats, and when Spyro emerges from the tunnel he is paired with a random NPC.
- In the American Dad! episode "May the Best Stan Win", Francine goes on "The Chocolate Tunnel of Love" at Hershey Park with Stan's cyborg future self. During which, he begins a fight with the real Stan.
- In the classic Disney short "Donald's Double Trouble" Donald hires a suave lookalike to take Daisy out on a date and make him look better. Of course the double tries to steal Daisy, taking her to a carnival including a Tunnel of Love. See this here.
- The Fairly OddParents!:
- In the episode "Love at First Height", Timmy, after wishing himself for a 16 year old body to go to all of the rides at Adrenaland, and for Vicky to have a crush for him, settles for a ride at the Tunnel of Love to unwish the wish.
- In another episode, Vicky is seen on the Tunnel of Love with a bag of cash.
- On the Gravity Falls episode "The Time-Travelers Pig", after Robbie and Wendy become a couple, they go on "The Tunnel of Love and Corndogs" at Stan's Mystery Fair.
- Hey Arnold!:
- In the season one episode "Operation Ruthless", Helga attempts to sabotage Arnold's chances of getting paired up with Ruth in the Tunnel of Love ride, she fails despite her efforts to get paired up with him and ends up with Brainy instead.
- In "Love and Cheese", Arnold goes on the Tunnel of Love with Lila. Helga sabotages their swan boat by drilling holes at the bottom.
- Looney Tunes:
- In Easter Yeggs, Bugs Bunny is chased into a hollow log by Elmer Fudd. The other end of the log has somehow been made into a Tunnel of Love, and Bugs and Elmer are in a boat embracing, until Elmer snaps out of it, and the chase resumes.
- One Pepé Le Pew cartoon has the amorous skunk chase Penelope into a tunnel of love. At the other end, Pepe is in one of the boats, only instead of Penelope, he's unwittingly romancing a hapless rider. Stunned by the situation, the man stumbles over to the local Foreign Legion recruitment office, signs up and faints.
- The Loud House:
- The cow-themed amusement park "Dairyland" features a tunnel-of-love-type ride called the "Tunnel of Butter".
- The episode "A Fair to Remember" has Lori going on the Tunnel of Love with Clyde in order to make Bobby jealous when he chooses to spend more time with Lincoln instead of her. Lincoln, however, begins to feel guilty about hogging Bobby and convinces him to go on the Tunnel of Love with Lori.
- Rugrats: At a carnival, a guy in a Reptar suit chases Angelica into the Tunnel of Love where Stu and Didi are spending time together.
- In the Rocko's Modern Life episode "Love Spanked", Rocko goes on a dating show to choose between three mystery women. He is paired with the third contestant who turns out of be Heffer. During their date, they are on the Tunnel 'O' Love where Heffer explains what happened to a furious Rocko.
- The Simpsons episode "Love, Springfield Style" has it used as a Framing Device when Homer and Marge get stuck in a spooky-themed Tunnel of Love thanks to one of Bart's pranks.
- In the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "Tunnel of Glove", SpongeBob and Pearl get stuck on the eponymous ride. However, SpongeBob and Pearl are not dating, but merely friends, despite what Pearl's friends think.
- In The Perils of Penelope Pitstop episode "Carnival Calamity", after she escapes the Hooded Claw by unraveling his pants, Penelope enters the tunnel of love alone, followed by the Ant Hill Mob.
- The Dick Van Dyke episode of The New Scooby-Doo Movies has Dick explain the ride to Shaggy and Scooby as the three of them go through it.
- The Family Guy episode "Tea Peter" has Peter and friends go to a Tea Party rally, with one of the attractions being the "Tunnel of Self-Love", where men go through the tunnel alone with a copy of Playboy.
Ride Operator: Would you like to buy a photo of yourself on the ride, sir?Customer: No I would not.