Seth Benjamin Green (born Seth Benjamin Gesshel-Green on February 8, 1974 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) is an American actor, writer and director. Seth was born in Philadelphia to Babara and Herbert Green, an artist and a Math teacher respectively. He also has an older sister called Kaela. Seth Green has been acting since the age of six, and is well known for being an accomplished actor.
Seth Green proposed to actress Clare Grant, of the 'Geek and Gamer Girls' viral video, on New Year's Eve 2009, and they married on May 1st, 2010. In August 2011, Seth filed papers to at the Los Angeles Country Superior Court in order to legally shorten his name. He cited that he wished to reflect his professional stage name as the reason for the change. The name Seth Benjamin Green became official and legal on the 20th of October, 2011.
Seth is one of the creators of Robot Chicken, where he also voices many characters and co-founded its primary production studio Stoopid Buddy Studios. He played Scott Evil in the Austin Powers movies, Oz in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Tyler in Ticks, Mitch from That '70s Show, Duane in Rat Race and Napster in The Italian Job (2003). He voices Chris Griffin in Family Guy as well as Ace Pilot Jeff "Joker" Moreau in the Mass Effect series. He is also the main character of Mars Needs Moms (motion capture/narration only).
His IMDB page is really impressive.
Roles Of Note:
- Austin Powers series (Scott Evil)
- It (1990) (Richie Tozier)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Oz) note
- Batman Beyond (Nelson Nash - voice)
- Can't Hardly Wait (Kenny)
- dads: Eli
- Family Guy (Chris Griffin, Mort and others - voice)
- Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. and Ultimate Spider-Man (A-Bomb/Rick Jones and Rocket Raccoon - voice)
- I Know That Voice (himself)
- Krampus (Lumpy - voice)
- Rat Race (Duane)
- Without a Paddle (Dan)
- Mass Effect (Jeff "Joker" Moreau - voice)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Todo 360 - voice)
- The Story of Luke (Zack)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) (Leonardo and others, Season 3 onwards - voice)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (Howard the Duck - voice)
- Holidays (Pete Gunderson)
- The LEGO Batman Movie (King Kong - voice)
Tropes related to Green and his works:
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Chris Griffin, Eddie Mcdowd, and Robot Chicken characters.
- Dawson Casting:
- Inverted for the Austin Powers films, where Scott Evil was actually about 5 years older than Green. But Green has almost always played characters younger than him, he was born in 1974, but his boyish looks keep him looking in his mid-20's, even when sporting a beard. Played straight for the TV adaptation of Stephen King 's It where he played an 11 year old when he was 16.
- Also in Can't Hardly Wait, where he played a high school student when he was in his early 20s.
- Method Acting: During the filming of Airborne, he stayed in character at all times and made the other actors call him "Wiley".