Knockaround Guys is A 2001 film featuring Barry Pepper, Vin Diesel, Seth Green, John Malkovich, Shawn Doyle and Dennis Hopper as mobsters. Some New York mob scions are assigned to make a money drop in Montana, and end up losing the money, leading to some pretty high-stakes (and more than one murder)as they try to get it back.
- A-Team Firing: Chris and Marbles are quite inept when theyre at a shooting range preparing for the climactic battle.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Martys dad says if the money isnt recovered then hes facing the roof, the river or the revolver as punishment
- Anti-Villain: Deputy Ward, who is reluctant to take the money with his boss in the first place and suggests they hand it over to the mob guys rather than risk a fight, but ultimately goes along with his boss.
- Brooklyn Rage: Taylor is the toughest of the four and has a pronounced Brooklyn dialect.
- The Casanova: Chris is a proud womanizer.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Kicks in once Teddy murders Marbles.
- Changed My Mind, Kid: Chris gets nervous before the final shootout and decides to skip town (trying to convinced Marbles to do the same) but in the end he comes back to help, shooting the sheriffs cousin as he gets the drop on Matty and the others.
- Corrupt Hick: The small-town Sheriff Decker is very keen on keeping the money for himself.
- Evil Chancellor: Teddy, the mobs Number Two has been Stealing from the Till, goes after the money himself, and reveals that hes always hated Mattys dad for making him lose when they play basketball together.
- Hero Killer: Teddy Shoots Chris and Marbles, with the later and possibly the former being fatal.
- Hidden Depths: For all of his bumbling nature, Johnny Marbles rejects a suggestion to run away form the final shootout and is prepared to show up for it.
- Mafia Princess: Matty and Chris are male versions. Theyve been trying to make it in legitimate profession (sports agent and restauranteur) but attract too much infamy from their family names (although Chris isnt above using his to get laid) and are ultimately desperate enough to get drawn back into their old lives, although Matty severs ties with his father for good at the end.
- The Millstone: Marbles was the one who lost the money in the first place and contributes the least to trying to get it back.
- Only Sane Man: Taylor is the most practical and fearless of the four mob kids.
- Those Two Guys: The Sheriffs son and his skater buddy are goofy constant companions. Also Teddy's bodyguards, in a villainous example.
- Underestimating Badassery: The sheriffs cousin, a local tough guy trucker picks a fight with Taylor.