open/close all folders
Belmont Célestin Laur Du Fois
Bell is a human cleric, born to the wealthy Du Fois family. He's worrisome, sheltered, and prone to overthinking - but he has a good heart, and cares deeply about his friends.
- First Kiss: Bell gets his first kiss in "Episode 27: Sympathy for the Devils" from the tiefling sailor Voyage. And later loses his virginity to the same guy.
- Like Father, Like Son: Bell has always had a complicated relationship with his father, Gerard. But he knows how much he is like him deep down - he admits this, as well as how it is one of his biggest fears, in Agatha's hut in "Episode 26: The Moon".
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Belmont is almost exclusively referred to as "Bell" by everyone who knows him - except for his family members.
- Led to a Given Name Reveal when the KC were instructed to speak to the Stratham City Council and his nobility was revealed.
- Secretly Wealthy: Belmont, going by "Bell", is actually a from a well-known noble family of clerics from Stratham. This no longer is applicable after "Episode 16: Fate", when Bell along with the rest of the KC are commanded by Queen Cerolia to visit Bell's home city.
- Stranger in a Familiar Land: When Bell finally returns to his home in Stratham after a long absence adventuring, he finds himself feeling uncomfortable and out of place among the nobility. Even more so now that he is technically estranged from his family.
- Light Is Good: Literally. Bell is a cleric of Pelor, The Sun Father, so naturally his healing and other abilities are bright radiant light.
- The Medic: As a life cleric and the only one with much healing training, Bell's responsible for keeping the KC alive and in fighting shape.
- Worth Living For: Literally. When Bell dies facing the dragon Vysanthys in "Episode 26: The Moon" and gets resurrected through The Power of Friendship, Bell is pulled out of his depression and realizes that no matter what, his friends have his back and he should be here for them too.
Cezall is a beefy half-orc barbarian who is deadly on the battlefield but gives his friends the best hugs.
- Friend to All Living Things: Growing up mostly alone in the woods, Cezall spent a lot of time communing with nature. He also possesses the spell Speak With Small Beasts, which he frequently uses to communicate with birds they encounter.
- Gentle Giant
- Berserk Button: Literally. As a barbarian, Cezall has the ability to fly into a bloodthirsty rage to aid him in battle- which he uses frequently.
- Growing the Beard: After acquiring the Belt of Dwarvenkind in "Episode 11: At The End Of The Tunnel", it allows Cezall to grow a beard at a rapid pace.
- Cowardly Lion: Despite his massive stature and impressive physique, Cezall has been shown to be afraid of creepy things and heights- both of which he faced in "Episode 23: Dying Light" when the group traveled to the Deadlands.
A dragonborn fighter/wizard who is just as physically strong as he is smart with a bit of an arrogant streak.
- My Greatest Failure: Cik will never forget the loss of his best friend, Clair- which he stills blames himself for to this day.
- The Exile: Related to above- after Cik murders the man responsible for Clair's death, he has to leave his home on Kestrel or face punishment.
- Genius Sweet Tooth: Cik's eating habits leave a lot to be desired. He mostly eats croissants and other pastries.
- Artificial Limbs: In "Episode 14: Dragonslayers", Cik loses a hand to the dragon's bite. However, he is quick to build himself a wooden prosthetic hand.
- Genius Bruiser: Cik's intelligence and strength scores are perfectly equal- and both very high. He packs a hell of a punch and can then calculate the exact trajectory of where your body will land.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Cik often has sex on the brain, and a very high libido. Many of his conversations include sexual innuendos, and some of the KC appreciate them more than others. When Orna casts a spell to allow Cik to communicate with his boyfriend Maedis through a dream in "Episode 31: Beneath The Ice", they speak briefly- and then head straight to doing it.
- Functional Addict: Briefly. Through episodes 25-28, Cik goes through a rough patch where he shows an attachment to various hard drugs as well as copious amounts of alcohol.
Keen is a fun-loving tiefling thief with one eye and a Robin Hood complex.
- Lovable Rogue
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite Keen's demonic heritage and appearance, she has never acted in a way that is evil or malicious, and in fact resents people who do.
- Teleporters and Transporters: In "Episode 14: Dragonslayers", Keen acquires a cloak that allows her to cast Dimension Door once a day.
- Eyepatch of Power: In "Episode 6: If All Your Friends Jumped Out a Window..." Keen loses her eye to a demon called a Babau while fighting the Rakshasa for the first time in Doveport.
- Prehensile Tail: As a tiefling, Keen has a long tail that she can grab things with.
- Knife Nut: Almost a given as a rogue. Keen has many daggers and keeps them on her person at all times.
- There's No Place Like Home: Really, she just wants to go back to Doveport- even if it is a hellhole.
An elven warlock with a prickly attitude and studious tendencies.
- Beauty Mark: One underneath her eye that mirrors her older sister's.
- Nerd Glasses: Orna is never seen without her round glasses.
- Dark Magical Girl: Orna is a warlock with a pact made with an Archfey, but her magical abilities are often on the darker side.
- Please Don't Leave Me: Mirna, Orna's older sister, left their home city many years ago without much of a warning. Orna tries to cover it up, but it hurt her deeply. This was intensified when Orna's mentor, Solveig (who Orna was also in love with), also disappeared without much of a warning. Then when it happened again with Seraphina leaving, Orna almost couldn't take it.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: Orna pushes people away constantly and is very rude- but it's all to keep herself from being hurt again, which she revealed to Keen in her first ever heartfelt chat in "Episode 30: Ill Met By Moonlight".
- Hot Librarian: Orna's prudish and nerdy nature are sometimes a stark contrast to her rather...provocative outfit choices.
Selxi Tanoa Rewyn Mygani Celyaris Ariwyse Ufefi Nimlyn
A gnome fighter with enough gusto and enthusiasm for life to take anything on- but her sword and armor help too.
- The Dragonslayer: Slightly subverted. Selxi technically did kill a dragon before- but it was a wyrmling. However, later with the help of the rest of the KC they all kill an adult dragon together.
- Pintsized Powerhouse
- Overly Long Name: She's the only one that remembers it.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Being only 3 feet tall, Selxi is often underestimated and wants to prove her strength. It's explained in "Episode 14: Dragonslayers" that the reason she is so concerned with this is because she wants to live up to her mother's legacy as an adventurer.
- Destructive Romance: Not quite this dramatic, but Selxi's relationship with Rhiannon does not end very well.
- The Prankster: Selxi loves a good practical joke, and frequently uses her Minor Illusion cantrip to pull friendly pranks on her friends.
Seraphina is a drug-using halfling druid/ranger hybrid prone to extreme emotions and trust issues.
- Physical Scars, Psychological Scars: After their second fight with the Rakshasa, Seraphina is left with three enormous scars across their face from their summoned bear the Rakshasa turned on them. Emotionally devastated, Seraphina explodes and leaves the group for a number of months.
- Took a Level in Badass: Literally. When Seraphina returns after their long absence, the rest of the group slowly begins to learn while they were gone they were training in the ways of the ranger, and multiclassed.
- Nature Lover: A given, as a druid.
- My Parents Are Dead: Their whole family, actually. At the hands of Xavia, a demon that they are steadily making their way towards killing.
Maedis is an elven ranger with a short temper but good aim.
- Ear Notch: Several nicks in his long ears from a long history of being on the wrong side of the law. Taken to an extreme when the KC finds him being held prisoner in an orc camp in "Episode 19: Blood" and find his right ear is completely torn off.
- Scars Are Forever: Maedis has a long scar running from under his left eye to his jaw that he's had presumably for a long time since before he met the KC.
- Loner-Turned-Friend: At first he is just a disgruntled and standoffish guy along for a job with the KC, but eventually strikes up a friendship with most of them and a romantic relationship with another.
- Building on that, his friendship with the KC and all their antics making him a somewhat better person shows that Loony Friends Improve Your Personality.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Maedis is known to be confrontational and irritable- most notable was his argument with Cezall in "Episode 19: Blood" about helping innocent townsfolk or not.
- Relationship Upgrade: After Cik saved his life many times, he and Maedis have slowly progressed their relationship beyond casual sex into something more.
Barnabas is an ex-adventurer who helped the KC get started on their life of adventuring.
Text to hide.
Sylvaren is the young and nervous elven apprentice at the Kenafiss Lyceum who has had more than one run-in with the KC, for better or for worse.
- Nervous Wreck: Sylvaren is this at all times.
- The Apprentice: Sylvaren is training under the two high wizards of King's Watch to one day take their place.
- Squishy Wizard: Sylvaren's arcane skills aren't bad, but at a max of 16 hit points he can't take too many hits.
- Butt-Monkey: Poor Sylvaren always seems to get pushed around; be it by the hands of his mentors sending him on random errands, or the KC (namely Cik) pulling pranks on him.
Karlina Du Fois
Bell's eldest sister, who is a cleric/fighter that is being held back by pressures from their family.
- Cool Big Sis: Her first interaction with the KC in "Episode 16: Fate" has her sparring with and beating two of them.
- Brother-Sister Team: Bell and Karlina fight side by side on multiple occasions.
- Family Honor: As the eldest Du Fois sibling, Karlina has more pressure on her to perform her civil duties than the rest, as well as pressure to uphold their image as calm and collected clerics. Karlina is shown struggling with this frequently.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Assumed but never seen directly. In "Episode 24: Brothers and Sisters", Karlina informs Bell she is returning home to tell their father what she really wants to do with her life.
- An Arm and a Leg: Karlina loses an arm in "Episode 24: Brothers and Sisters" accidentally at the hands of a mind-controlled Selxi.
An elderly, since deceased dragonborn lady who likes to mess with all kinds of arcane things.
- Cool Old Lady: Maintains a dry sense of humor even in her old age and sickness, and having a crystal ball and magical tarot cards also helps.
- Crystal Ball: She uses this to help multiple party members scry on people they need to.
- Secretly Dying: Ezita passes away from a mysterious illness that mostly manifests as a cough. She tries to wave off all concern until she is literally on her death bed from her Incurable Cough of Death.
- Like a Son to Me: Ezita's relationship with Cik.
Rhiannon is a half-elven bard with a complicated personality and even more complicated relationships with the KC.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: As a Doveport native, this is a given.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Rhiannon is a half-elf. In "Episode 21: Shifting Sands" she reveals this is a source of much of her hardships in life.
- Corrupt the Cutie: Rhiannon almost instantly flirts with the wide-eyed and young Selxi.
- It Doesn't Mean Anything: Selxi and Rhiannon's relationship is ended abruptly and without ceremony when Rhiannon leaves in the middle of the night and disappears.
- FaceHeel Turn: After leaving in the middle of the night and stealing Selxi's money after being a temporary ally in "Episode 6: If All Your Friends Jumped Out A Window...", the KC has no idea where Rhiannon went. Fast forward a few months to "Episode 21: Shifting Sands", where they find Rhiannon has used Selxi's gold to build a drug ring under Kilead, and has also become a real asshole.