- The Cartel: Mixes in with Gang Bangers, as figures such as El Cid Hernandez are hitmen and other figures for the cartels, while others such as Miguel Alvarez and Carlo Rodrigo are street-level cholos.
- Hufflepuff House: Borderline example, they are one of the biggest gangs in Em City, and one of the core players in the contraband trade along with the Italians and Homeboys, but other than Miguel Alvarez and Enrique Morales, don't really do much in the show overall.
- Ruthless Foreign Gangsters
Raoul "El Cid" Hernandez
A legendary Latino gangster, he takes over the gang from Alvarez and immediately ostracizes him for his Caucasian-like features. He controls his third of the drug trade with a respected iron fist, but eventually lack of success in offing Alvarez gets to him, and he goes nuts.
- Asshole Victim: Considering all the blood on his hands, his murder isn't much of a tragedy. Especially since Rebadow is the one that does the deed.
- Beard of Evil: He sports a pretty impressive one, in contrast to Guzman's usual goatee.
- The Cartel: Implied to be a hitman for one of these organizations.
- The Dreaded: The man is terrifying. Every member of El Norte is scared to death of making him angry.
- Irrational Hatred: For Alvarez. His grudge and hazing of him are pretty baseless, which Hernandez himself admits.
- Jerkass: Hernandez is one mean son-of-a-bitch. Even people he likes get it pretty rough from him.
- Morality Pet: Rebadow's presence chills him out immensely, and he's the first one Hernandez really opens up to. It makes it kind of tragic when Rebadow offs him.
- Perpetual Frowner: The man doesn't smile once in the show.
- Sanity Slippage: A combination of Alvarez constantly avoiding his murder attempts and Alvarez's escape really makes him crack up.
- Satisfied Street Rat: Takes great pride in the fact that he was "raised by the system".
- South of the Border: Stated to be a Mexican gangster, whereas the majority of the Latinos are Puerto Rican or Cuban.
- Tragic Monster: More than 30 years in prison has destroyed everything decent about Hernandez.
One of the most powerful Latinos in Oz, incarcerated for killing another man in a fight. On arriving in Oz, he assumes the position as the head of the Latino gang El Norte.
- Affably Evil: Soft-spoken, polite, genteel, and ruthless.
- Badass in Charge: Sure, he prefers to delegate, but he's more than capable of holding his own when the chips are down.
- Beard of Evil: A thin goatee.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He loves his sister, and goes into shock after her death.
- Evil Genius: Probably the smartest gang leader in the series.
- Genius Bruiser: He's exactly as tough as he is smart, although he puts his brains to better use.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: It only takes a vague comment by Mukada about his sister's "marital problems" for Morales to seek out his sister's husband, and upon confirming that he physically abused her, pound the guy's face into a bloody pulp.
- Manipulative Bastard: He ably plays the Chinese refugees against Burr Redding.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: As a gang-member, Morales is rather even-tempered and reasonable in his dealings. His willingness to compromise and not let emotion guide him is one of the reasons why his leadership is so successful for the Latinos.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Seen in his crime flashback.
- Sickbed Slaying: How he meets his end, killed by an Angel-of-Death type Serial Killer who's a nurse in Oz.
- Wife-Basher Basher: Particularly when the wife in question is his flesh and blood.
Carmen "Chico" Guerra
The unambitious and unimaginative henchman to several Latino leaders.
- Ascended Extra: The only other Latino character to survive all the way through the show, outliving several other extras with no lines.
- Body Horror: What he does to himself.
- Flat Character: He pretty much exists to taunt Alvarez time and again, and cozy up to whomever is leading the Latinos at the moment.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Tips off McManus about Omar White having drugs, triggering a shakedown... but forgets he has them on his person as well.
- Jerkass: The guy's an ass, constantly antagonizing Alvarez without a real reason.
- Unknown Rival: To Alvarez, who's aware of his existence and hatred, but cares very little. They eventually bury the exhausting hatchet.