open/close all folders
Players: Alex, Morgan, Shelby, Whitney
- Femme Fatale: A group of four girls.
Players: Jason, Shane, Danielle, Justin, Neeley, Kryssie
The Jambalaya Gang
Players: Morgan, Shelby, Justin, Kryssie
Tropes present to the players as a whole:
- Deep South: With five exceptions (Jason, Shelby, Kryssie, Scott, Danielle) all the houseguests are from the south.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: The sheer number of one-sided nose piercings among the bunch is dizzying.
- The Cheerleader: Was one in Texas A&M.
- Ms. Fanservice: Earned the nickname, "bikini girl," for a reason.
- Irony: She mentions in her intro video that she was raised in a conservative household but when Julie Chen told her and the other houseguests that Donald Trump was elected president she was shocked and sad to hear about it. May be somewhat justified in that a good number of republicans are against Trump.
- Last Of Her Kind: The last of the Ball-smashers in the game.
- Nice Girl: Basically the major reason for her win. Kept up a positive attitude in the last week of the game as Jason got increasingly nastier.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Alex's Red
- Secret Keeper: Towards Alex, she and Morgan are sisters.
- Tomboy&Girly Girl: Girly girl to Alex's tomboy.
- Underdogs Never Lose
- Worthy Opponent: To Jason.
The Runner Up
(For tropes relating to his stint in Big Brother 17, see here.)
- Badass Gay: Just like before, Jason's a pretty clever competitor and the sole gay houseguest of the season, but now he's learned to avoid running his mouth if it means he might get a target put on his back.
- Big Bad: Easily the most tenacious player in the house, and being a veteran player certainly helped further him along a lot farther than last time.
- Breakout Character: In ways even more so than in 17, due to being seen as the effective Big Bad of this season.
- Diabolus ex Machina: He was very close to winning the season, but the vote for the winner was incredibly neck-and-neck, changing every hour and concluding with Morgan pulling ahead by about 20,000 votes, which was a really small lead given that the votes tallied into the millions.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: In his debut season, Jason had shaved sideburns. In this online season, Jason's hair is longer and suaver. It could also count as an Evil Makeover, since Jason does a lot more aggressive things this season so that he's able to hold on to the end.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Forged a bond with Kryssie.
- Hypocrite: Jason called out James for his gameplay all summer yet he is doing two elements out of his gameplay. First, Jason criticized James for throwing Da'Vonne under the bus who was both of their closest ally; however, he is doing the same thing throwing his closest ally Danielle under the bus. Also, Jason criticized James for playing for America yet Jason is shouting out America and begging for help as much as James was.
- Jerkass: Was rather nasty to people. Especially Shelby.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Jason ripped James to shreds days before he was announced to be on Big Brother 18. Guess what he does when Jason lost the game? Adding salt to the wound as James did nothing to him personally.
- My Greatest Second Chance: When Jason originally competed in Big Brother 17 he came in 13th place this time he is the runner up. Regardless that he lost the game he currently has the biggest placement jump out of any Big Brother houseguest.
- Token Minority: In this version of the game, there was a twist where America actually got to decide the Camp Gay addition of the season. It was either Jason or Jozea Flores from 18. Jason was quite a favorite in his season, while Jozea was much more divisive and irritating, so it didn't surprise anyone when Jason took a solid lead and won the vote with ease.
- Took a Level in Badass: Jason is a veteran player from the seventeenth season of the US run who had the misfortune of going up against Vanessa Rousso, who quickly flicked him out of the house to start breaking up the power cell Johnny Mac had around him. This time, Jason is the big dog of the house and nearly won the entire game.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Played with. Jason is basically the same as he was last time he was on the show, only now he has many more opportunities to flick his tongue at others because he stays in the game for the long haul.
- Who's Laughing Now?: Wins HOH right after Shelby mocked him for not winning an actual HOH after her eviction.
- Face Death with Dignity: Was more or less the only one who congratulated Morgan.
- Nice Hat: Is sometimes seen wearing a red pimp hat.
- Playing Both Sides: Apparently is so, mostly with Whitney and later on, Morgan.
- Unpopular Popular Character: While not nearly as liked as the ball smashers, he is the most liked person on his alliance.
- Worthy Opponent: Jason and Kryssie saw him as this because they thought he was going to win.
- Brainy Brunette
- Hello, Attorney!: Shelby is pretending to be a waitress so nobody discovers how intelligent she is. It seems to have worked, as other houseguests (namely Jason and Kryssie) believe she's stupid.
- Irony: Mocks Jason for not having an HOH on his own after her eviction. Guess who won the next HOH?
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Her main strategy to win the game.
- Sore Loser: She did not want to be asked any questions about Jason because of their rivalry in the game and possibly his veto win sent her home.
- Unpopular Popular Character: Is one of the most liked houseguests, yet the Late Night Jamboree hates her.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Managed to pull off some important comp wins and even tell off a few people.
- Dude, Not Funny!: She literally says this to Scott after he harassed her and the other houseguests because "it makes good TV."
- Face Death with Dignity: Was one of the few houseguests who was not salty about being evicted.
- History Repeats: Another couple with the names of Shane and Danielle. Big Brother 14, anyone?
- Ascended Fangirl
- Breakout Character: Is quickly becoming one of the most popular players this season alongside Shelby and Whitney.
- Big Sister Instinct: For her little sister Morgan.
- Nice Hat: Her leather hat.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red for Morgan's blue.
- Secret Keeper: For Morgan.
- Tomboy&Girly Girl: Tomboy for Morgan's Girly Girl.
- Troll: Voted Danielle on the first week just to screw with the house.
- 0% Approval Rating: He is disliked because of him bullying the other houseguests, annoying the live feeders and even Rachel Reilly was annoyed that "he was playing for America." He is also disliked by many other Big Brother alumni including Janelle Pierzina who did not like it when Scott said that "Chilltown threw competitions to her" as she had to win competitions to stay in the game.
- Ascended Fanboy: Said he was voting for the care packages throughout all of 18.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Harassed Danielle after hearing about how America dislikes her because to him "it makes great TV." Danielle did not like this and told Scott about the times she was bullied to teach him a lesson. In an ironic twist, Danielle is becoming more popular while Scott is losing popularity.
- Jerkass: Tried to be a douche to people so he could go far. It was not applauded, nor rewarded, in the long run.
- Looks Like Jesus: Has a very messianic appearance, doesn't he?
- Jerkass: Extremely mean and hyper-aggressive.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Received his early boot in part because he couldn't stop upsetting people.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Makes a remark about Justin stealing clothes with Justin considering it as racist.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: With Justin
- Shocking Elimination: The viewers were the tie-breaker.
Michael "Cornbread" Ligon