Click here to return to the character page.
open/close all folders
Tropes applying to multiple Houseguests
- Canada, Eh?: Are all Canadian, although Paul and Ika are from South Africa and Jamaica, respectively. Some houseguests have different ancestries like Adel is Muslim, Heather is German, Rachelle is Jewish to name a few.
- Gasshole: A lot of houseguests this season have been farting and talking about farting. Lampshaded by Marsha the moose's voice actor who said he thought he heard farting when he was listening in on the houseguests.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Every houseguest has dropped an F bomb at least once. This season in particular has very vulgar houseguests.
- Toilet Humor: Many houseguests talk about these kinds of jokes to the point that it would make The Angry Video Game Nerd proud. They also pick their noses a lot of the time, especially Andrew.
The First Five
- Disc-One Final Boss: With four of the members evicted (Andrew, Kenny, Sarah, and Arlie) and with Sabrina scrambling for safety with Rachelle, it's safe to say they were the biggest threat.
The Sloppy Seconds
Anick GervaisA 28 year old Reiki master from Hanmer, Ontario. Describes herself as "outgoing" and "spiritual". She was the first evicted in season 2 after failing to win the veto.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Her Reiki- and crystal-based mannerisms give off this vibe.
- Genki Girl: She takes a moment after entering the house to hide in the laundry room, run around, and scream.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: First evicted of season 2.
Kyle ShoreA 25 year old personal trainer from Porter's Lake, Nova Scotia. Describes himself as "charming" and "jacked".
- Formerly Fat: During his teenage years. Eventually he motivated himself to take better physical care of himself.
- The Jock: A personal trainer.
- Jerk Jock: He seems charming and likeable at first, but it doesn't take long for him to become loud and boisterous about other people.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's loud and boisterous, can be rather condescending, and has terrible table manners but was one of the only people to stick up for Paul after his meltdown. His backstory reveals that he was bullied as a kid and was actually heavyset when he was younger. He also gives a very touching speech after he's evicted showing he's more than just a jacked jock.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Paul and Adel.
- Mr. Fanservice: It took a mere four seconds for him to unbutton his shirt and reveal his chest and abs once inside the house.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Before he's evicted he reveals a layer of kindness under his boisterous exterior. Yet before we get to see more of this side of him, he's evicted.
Nate SandriA 23 year old sheet metal fabricator from Burnaby, BC. Describes himself as "outgoing and gorgeous". As part of the season's twist, she lived in a secret room inside the house with Allison and Scott for a week while spying on the other houseguests and vying for Canada's vote. At the end of week 2, Allison was voted into the house and Nate was evicted as result.
- Adorkable: Has a Geek Physique, a nice guy, and a huge Big Brother fan.
- Formerly Fat: He was chubby in his teenage years and bullied because of it. These days his a lot slimmer and buffer.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: We only saw a few clips of him in the secret room before his week was up and he had to leave.
Scott BosseA 36 year old medical secretary/drag queen from Halifax, Nova Scotia. Describes himself as "larger than life". As part of the season's twist, she lived in a secret room inside the house with Allison and Nate for a week while spying on the other houseguests and vying for Canada's vote. At the end of week 2, Allison was voted into the house and Scott was evicted as result.
- Camp Gay: Both in and out of his drag persona.
- Drag Queen: On the side.
- Incoming Ham: His intro video.
- Large Ham: Even more than Arlie.
- Voice of the Legion: Manages to read a note at the exact same time and exact same tone as Allison.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: We only saw a few clips of him in the secret room before his week was up and he had to leave.
Paul JacksonA 43 year old motivational speaker from Toronto, Ontario. Describes himself as "creative" and "analytical". Won the first Head of Household competition by promising everybody still in the competition that they would be totally safe. His actions came back to bite him in week two when Andrew nominated him for eviction. He escaped eviction that week, but was nominated by Ika in week 3 alongside Heather and successfully evicted.
- Anti-Villain: Type I. He keeps his word, but is a Noble Demon.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Decides that if he has to be the bad guy, then he'll be the bad guy. It isn't really working out for him.
- Crocodile Tears: Attempted this in front of Ika when he "cried" about being on the outs and attempting to gain the favor of some of the girls by painting Andrew as a racist and a sexist.
- Gone Horribly Right: Part of his plan was to slander Andrew and divide the house with the ensuing chaos. It worked...and now the entire house is gunning for him.
- Groin Shot: Falls right down on the balance beam during a veto competition - good thing he already had children, since he won't be having anymore after that!
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Adel and Kyle.
- I Gave My Word: He promised not to nominate or backdoor anybody still in the first HOH competition, and managed to get through the first week without doing so.
- Manipulative Bastard: Managed to get everyone to jump off their ice cubes and won the first Head of Household. After (and before) being nominated in Week 2, he attempted to get the entire house to turn on Andrew when he openly targeted him as a racist and a sexist. However, the house immediately stood up for Andrew.
- Plucky Comic Relief: He's always cracking a joke and smiling whenever he's not crying.
- Reality Show Genre Blindness:
- In Week 1, he alienated almost half of the house by cutting a deal in front of the previously eliminated contestants at the first HOH Competition.
- In Week 2, he attempted to use fake emotions to spread very slanderous lies about Andrew. However, the rest of the house didn't see through the lies, only alienating him further.
- Older Than They Look: He is 43. He looks like he could be in his 30s
- Why Did It Have to be Heights?: He has issues with heights, and the second Veto challenge he competed in began with a ten foot jump off of a ledge.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: This guy is a master at these. It's not like anyone buys them though.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Acting like Evel Dick only worked in a season where you have certain safety measures in place.
- Similarly, he tries to pull Wounded Gazelle Gambit and exploit sympathies, only realizing that those didn't exactly work for Suzette, either.
Ika WongA 29 year old hair stylist from Thornhill, Ontario. Describes herself as "extra witty and charming". Won Head of Household in week 3 and attempted to get out Heather, but sent Paul home instead. Was backdoored by Rachelle in week 4.
- Alpha Bitch: Makes fun of the very geeky Anik and others.
- Hypocrite: Spent her HOH tenure getting mad at people for trying to make decisions for her (when they were really trying to get her to make a smart move, like nominating Kenny and Andrew) and instead focused everything on evicting Heather. When the week ended and Heather was still in the house, Ika began lamenting how she had wasted her HOH. Then, after Rachelle won the next competition, Ika immediately started telling her to ignore Heather and go after Kenny and Andrew.
- Parental Abandonment: Her mom kicked her out after Ika got pregnant.
- Pet the Dog: She has a large dislike for Heather. However, when Heather sprained her knee in the competition, Ika was genuinely concerned that Heather might have actually really hurt herself. This foreshadows her Redemption Equals Death (See below.)
- Redemption Equals Eviction: Once it's clear that she's about to be evicted, she makes peace with Heather and turns her Alpha Bitch tendencies toward The First Five.
- Sadistic Choice: Was given one - shred everyone's letters and take $5000 CAD, or shred the $5000 CAD and give letters. Knowing that giving everyone letters wasn't going to save her, she shredded them.
- Sassy Black Woman: She certainly doesn't have anything nice to say about Anik's "voodoo".
- Take That!: When Thinking Out Loud, she gives one to the houseguests she doesn't like - especially Kenny and Andrew.
- Thinking Out Loud: When presented with the Sadistic Choice.
- Third-Person Person: Ika Wong listens to nobody but Ika Wong.
- Villainous Breakdown: Knows she's about to go out and starts crying. After this, she works on redeeming herself.
Andrew GordonA 27 year old restaurant manager from Calgary, Alberta. A self-described beer nerd. Was one of the first people nominated in season 2, but pulled himself off during the first veto competition and went on to win the second HOH. After running the house for the next few weeks as part of the First Five alliance, he was nominated for eviction by Canada. When the veto was not used, the first five (As well as the rest of the house) decided that evicting Sabrina wasn't going to be useful
- Arch-Enemy: With Paul. See The Rival.
- Bald of Evil: One person called him "Mr. Clean".
- Competition Freak: States that his plan after winning the Veto in Week 1 was to win as many competitions as he can possibly can.
- Disc-One Final Boss: Shares this distinction with Kenny.
- The Flirt: He's flirted with every non-married woman so far. It appears he's sticking with Allison though.
- Gasshole: Along with Allison and Kenny, he farts a lot and talks about farting. They even invented a farting song!
- Name's the Same: With a House Guest from Big Brother 12 (U.S.)
- Shirtless Scene: In his intro video.Andrew: I believe that being shirtless makes the hops taste better.
- The Rival: With Paul. Even more so after Paul attempts to label Andrew as a racist and sexist.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Manly Man to Kenny's Sensitive Guy.
Sarah "Mumsy" MillerA 32 year old mortgage broker from Osgoode, Ontario. Describes herself as "fun, outgoing, and kind". Due to her flopping (Resulting in Paul being evicted) she was considered a target, and then sent out pre-jury.
- Crocodile Tears: She hates Rachelle and therefore was faking crying during the letter Rachelle read in front of the house.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Ika chose to shred everyone's letters rather than the check for $5000 CAD. When Kenny and Andrew yelled at her for being so selfish, Sarah pointed out to the group that shredding the check wasn't going to save Ika at all and if she did that, they would instead be calling her an idiot.
- Team Mom: She tries to take care of everyone, and is saddened by the divisions inside the house (even though she knows they're part of the game). Not anymore though, she's out for herself and has broken trust with everyone except the guys.
- Oh, Crap!: When she won a pedometer challenge, she immediately traded it.
- The Mole: Before Sabrina, she was asked to gather information from the girls' alliance. However, she got sniffed out.
Kenny BrainA 25 year old male model from Grand-Falls Windsor, Newfoundland. Describes himself as "ambitious" and "confident". Was nominated for eviction in week 6 by Heather, but he pulled himself off the block with the Power of Veto. It seemed like his luck continued on Day 43 when Neda nominated Rachelle and Sabrina, but was subsequently put up as a replacement, and evicted with a 5-1 vote.
- Badass Beard: He looks like a lumberjack!
- Closet Key: Around three years before he got on the show he was in a threesome with a girl and a second guy. He realized his sexuality after paying a lot more attention to the guy than the girl.
- Disc-One Final Boss: Considered THE biggest threat by the other houseguests along with Andrew. When Andrew was evicted, the sights turned to him.
- Eviction Equals Redemption: Even before being officially evicted, he knew it was coming and used his last plea to essentially go out gracefully and on good terms with even those he clashed with.
- Flying Under the Gaydar: If a heterosexual showmance presents itself, he'll take it if he needs to. In fact, nobody in the house realizes he is gay. This was lampshaded by Scott, as not even Scott knew (and Scott even asked if his own gaydar was broken). He came out within a week of being evicted.
- He also revealed that he was gay and surprised people.
- Gasshole: Along with Allison and Andrew, he farts a lot and talks about farting. They even invented a farting song!
- Grumpy Bear: Is this on a good day.
- Jerkass: He calls Kyle a "neanderthal" after his exit, doesn't care for anyone not in his alliance and says rather mean things about his other houseguests on the live feeds.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's got a good heart under his rough exterior and who knows how much hell he's been put through for being gay. (Even if this is Canada - homosexuality is more accepted & tolerated there than in other parts of the world.)
- Manly Tears: He is prone to crying when sensitive subjects are touched upon.
- Meaningful Name: He's one of the most strategically oriented players this season, which one would hope of a guy with the last name "Brain".
- Mr. Fanservice: He's a model.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Sensitive Guy to Andrew's Manly Man.
- Straight Gay: He looks like a stereotypical lumberjack and, compared to Gary last season, is way less flamboyant.
- The Dragon: To Andrew.
- Dragon-in-Chief: Was the next biggest threat after Andrew left.
Arlie ShabanAn unemployed 25 year old from Claremont, Ontario who describes himself as "passionate" and "conniving".
- Adorkable: See Keet below. He's a fairly nice guy and a huge fan of Big Brother who wants to win it all.
- Affably Evil: He's a nice guy outside of the game, but don't be fooled. He's ruthless.
- Anti-Villain: A good guy at heart but is the current Big Bad of the house now that Kenny and Andrew are gone.
- Ascended Fanboy: A huge fan of Big Brother, especially players like Dan Ghesling from the American version.
- Disc-One Final Boss: Was easily the biggest threat out of the eight remaining houseguests. He's the first Jury member.
- Door Dumb: Couldn't figure out how to open the back door.
- Keet: This guy could give an anime character for his money. He's extremely hyperactive and has been training for Big Brother from the day Canada was announced to have a Big Brother series. He wants to win it all.
- Large Ham
- Naked People Are Funny: Goes commando to get votes from Canada.
- No Indoor Voice: Shouts almost everything he says.
- Playing Both Sides: Or so he says. He's really working with the underdogs trying to usurp the power from the remnants of the First Five.
- Rewarded as a Traitor Deserves / Laser-Guided Karma: Voted against the First five in an effort to save himself. However, the following week after all but destroying the First Five, the entire house guns for him.
- Shocking Elimination: Mainly because it came out of left field for most people who haven't been noticing that Neda's wanted Arlie out from day one.
- Shout-Out: To Richard Hatch of Survivor fame. "Big Brother, I've been bamboozled!"
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: During the second HOH competition he acts like he's completely exhausted himself while searching for the golden potato. In reality he simply didn't want HOH that week, plus was hoping his other houseguests would see him as The Determinator in his continuous but apparently futile efforts. It worked. Happens again when he throws another challenge while being extremely over-dramatic.
- The Woobie: After being put up and guaranteed to be voted out over Adel, he becomes this. Especially since the guy was a superfan of the show and wanted to be the next Dan Ghesling.
Allison WhiteA 25 year old Nurse from Lewisport, Newfoundland. Describes herself as "quirky and outgoing". As part of the season's twist, she lived in a secret room inside the house with Nate and Scott for a week while spying on the other houseguests and vying for Canada's vote. She was voted by Canada to be the Final Houseguest, entering the house shortly after the week 2 eviction. In week 4 she was nominated as a pawn by Rachelle in a bid to evict Heather. She was nominated as a pawn again in week 6, this time by Heather, in her attempt to evict Kenny.
- Gasshole: Along with Kenny and Andrew, she farts a lot and talks about farting. They even invented a farting song!
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Justified - she isn't allowed to let the other houseguests know that she was in a secret room or had been spying on them for the past week. When she enters, she acts like she thought she was the first person in the house, and feigns shock when she sees the other twelve people come in from the back yard.
- Tomboy: She plays basketball and commented that she'd like to align herself with the guys instead of the girls when she watches how the houseguests interact.
- Irony: She winds up in a house that's mostly women.
- Sixth Ranger: Averted - it seemed like this to the First Five, but it turned out that Rachelle was closer to Sabrina and Allison proceeded to float around, due to the First Five being dismantled.
- Voice of the Legion: Manages to read a letter at the exact same time and at the exact same tone as Scott.
Rachelle DiamondA 20 year old student from Edmonton, Alberta. Describes herself as "talkative" and "funny". Won the week 4 Head of Household competition.
- Genki Girl: Not as much as Talla last season, but she's certainly hyperactive when she doesn't have a poker face on for challenges.
- Out Of The Loop: She's one of the few people that isn't aware of how much information Sabrina controls, judging by her total shock at Sabrina being nominated by Canada.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Won an endurance challenge and is one of the smallest houseguests (and youngest) this season.
- The Rival: To Heather.
- Unwitting Pawn: To Sabrina.
Adel ElseriA 27 year old inventor/welder from Edmonton, Alberta who describes himself as "The People's Champ". He received a special power from a Hash Tag challenge, allowing him to remove one pick from the veto competition and put himself in. He was part of the three-man clique with Paul and Kyle, and was the only one of the group to survive.
- Anti-Hero: Type III with traits of Type IV. Ever since Ika was evicted, he's made it his goal in the house to make Sabrina's life a living hell, as well as Rachelle for being associated with her.
- Byronic Hero: Ever since Ika was evicted, he's been slowly edging towards this because of his treatment of Sabrina. The only reason he's not an outright villain is because Sabrina is a Jerkass. Rachelle on the other hand is only guilty for association.
- Enforced Method Acting: His strategy is to piss everyone off so he can make it to the Final Two. Whether this is a good strategy or not remains to be seen.
- Catchphrase: "Wake up, Canada!"
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Paul and Kyle. Later Jon after losing them.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's a nice guy outside of the game but he has a questionable game plan. With that said, he still loves his home country and his best friend, Jon. He even made up with Sabrina in the end!
- Keet: Hoo boy...
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Sabrina insulted him so he's made it his goal in the game to ruin her remaining days in the house. Averted before he's evicted, he decides to make up with her.
- Pragmatic Hero
- The Rival: Sabrina's. Could also be Arch-Enemy.
Heather DecksheimerA 23 year old model agency coordinator from Barrhead, Alberta. She describes herself as "fun and bubbly". Nominated for eviction by Ika in week 3, and escaped despite being the target. Still, Rachelle nominated her again in week 4. Heather managed to turn things around and align herself with Adele, Jon, and Neda, and became Head of Household in week 6. During this time she nominated Kenny and Allison.
- Anti Heroine: Ever since Arlie left, Heather started insulting Sabrina despite her vendetta being against Rachelle and Rachelle alone. She's more of a pragmatic hero now that she's paying evil unto evil. Still a sweet girl to everyone besides the Gremlins though.
- Break the Cutie: Like Talla last year, Jon told her she'd be evicted after Jon wins the final Veto. Heather's reaction is nothing less than a total crying breakdown.
- The Cutie: Similar to Talla last year, she's just so dang adorable in all those outfits she wears. You've got to love her spirit and loyalty to Neda and Jon.
- The Ditz: Doesn't care about the strategy or psychology of the game. Though she could be Obfuscating Stupidity. Averted now that she's playing her own game even if she is following Jon and Neda around like a cult.
- Game-Breaking Injury: While not Game breaking, Heather was eliminated from a Veto competition because she fell down and sprained her knee.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: With Neda.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's a model, and coordinates at an agency as well.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Rachelle was mean to her, so she decided to treat her like absolute crap for the rest of the game. She did make up with her though.
- The Tease: She explicitly states early on that she doesn't care about the psychology of the game, and will mainly be flirting her way to the end, despite having a boyfriend.
- The Woobie: Rachelle hated her and Ika spread mean spirited rumours about her. Not to mention she's been injured legitimately like Jon and only recently is gaining friends in Neda, Jon, and Adel. Also she was teased as a child for having a squeaky voice and for having pimples. Also, her eviction...
Neda KalantarA 22 year old fashion stylist from Vancouver, BC. Describes herself as "sassy" and "clumsy". She was nominated in week two as a pawn, but was removed from the block and replaced with Kyle. During the double eviction, she won Head of Household and targeted Sabrina and Rachelle. When Arlie used the power of veto to save Rachelle, she nominated Kenny in her place.
- Ascended Fangirl: Apparently even reads Big Brother blogs.
- Anti-Hero: Similar to Jon, she also has done some questionable things. Type III.
- Backstab Backfire: Spends the last month of the game planning Jon's eviction because she thought she couldn't beat him in the F2. But she's unable to put her plan into action as Jon goes on a comp win streak. And when Jon thinks he can't beat her in the F2, well...
- The Cassandra: Desperately trying to get the girls to put up a strong guy such as Andrew or Kenny, but they won't listen to her. Since Anick left, the guys all but controlled the house, although once Arlie turned on the first five, Neda emerged from the shadows to take control of the house.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Neda HATES being pitied or any sympathy directed to her. Judging from her backstory though, she deserves it. See The Woobie below.
- The Fashionista: She's a fashion stylist.
- Foreshadowing: When she was still aligned with Ika and Rachelle, and Ika was talking about putting up a pawn, Neda is trying to talk her down about it.
- Similarly, Andrew nominated Neda in week two - feeling somewhat threatened by her. If he had known that he had a good reason to be afraid, maybe he wouldn't have used his head of household to evict Kyle!
- Graceful Loser: Votes for Jon to win after he evicts her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's a lot nicer than she lets on, despite having done a few questionable things, like backdooring Arlie and making Jon do whatever she wants. Also she cries when having to betray Jon.
- Just Friends: With Jon.
- Subverted.They went through a Relationship Upgrade post show . Jeda is now canon.
- Karmic Death: Spends the last month of the game planning to evict Jon before the F2. Jon would repay the favor by evicting HER before F2.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Bragged this in her intro video, stating that she would only "make friends" with them if it got her further in the game. She's formed a genuine friendship with Heather and Jon though.
- Official Couple: With Jon post show.
- Out of Focus: after she is nominated and removed, Neda vanishes from the spotlight... however, Neda knows that this will keep the target off her back and instead redirect it to people like Andrew, Ika, Paul, Sabrina...
- Rapunzel Hair Easily has the longest hair out of anyone.
- Shocking Elimination
- Thinking Out Loud: Just like Topaz. Fortunately this time, her thoughts weren't being broadcasted to the house.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Does she ever! First she tells Jon to go after his ally, Arlie, which in turn shattered their friendship. Then she says to the diary room that she wants Allison out of the house after she used her secret POV.
- Magnificent Bastard: When Arlie was evicted, he blamed his eviction not on Neda, but on JON!
- The Woobie: Yes, Neda of all people is this. She grew up poor, all her toys were from garage sales and she lives in a very urban part of Vancouver, meaning she might not have that much money. As brilliant as she is, the poor girl's gone through hell.
- Worthy Opponent: To Sarah, Arlie, Allison, and lastly, Jon.
Sabrina AbbateA 25 year old hairdresser from Montreal, Quebec. Describes herself as "big-hearted and big-mouthed". A few weeks into the season she became the mole for the First Five, and was able to manipulate the rest of the girls in the house into evicting Paul and Ika - essentially, Sabrina was the HOH for those weeks. However, she was nominated by Canada in week 5 for eviction.
- The Beard: Potentially (and unwittingly) to Kenny. She has an obvious crush on him, and he's fine with forming a showmance with her since it could help him in the long run.
- Big "OMG!": Hoo boy...
- Canada, Eh?: Has a very obvious Francophone accent. At one point, she even insults a fellow houseguest in French.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Obsesses over Kenny to the point that Sarah had to hide behind a washing machine in order to talk to him, since Sabrina would freak out.
- Crocodile Tears: "Cries" at the drop of a hat to get sympathy. Some people, like Jon, see through it though. She's also called "fake" by the other houseguests.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Does all the dirty work for the First 5, but is seen as a liability since she does have her hands in so many other alliances.
- Genki Girl
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Becomes this after her Heel Realization after Canada nominates her and a few of the other houseguests become darker heroes. Plus, she takes a level in kindness and becomes a much nicer person.
- Jerk Ass Woobie: After being nominated by Canada, losing all her closest allies one by one (except Rachelle), she breaks down for real and it's hard not to feel sympathy for her. Especially since everyone else talks about how they want to get rid of her.
- Lady Macbeth: Because she is not very good at winning physical competitions, her strategy is to try and get in the ears of as many houseguests as possible.
- Last of her kind: The last remaining First Five member.
- The Mole: Part of the First 5 alliance, but acts like a member of the girls' alliance. This allows her an information flow both ways and puts her in a very nice place in the house.
- Team Mom: Does most of the cooking and supports mostly everybody, especially Andrew who she sees as a brother and Kenny who she sees as a possible love interest.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Despite how mean she was to everyone, she didn't deserve all the crap she was put through and became a better person because of it.
"Big" Jon PardyA 23 year old university student from Clarenville, Newfoundland. Describes himself as "energetic" and "goofy".
- The Ace: Wins three hohs and three vetos. Also has a pretty flawless social game. He'd end up winning the game 6-1 against Sabrina.
- Adorkable: He has some geeky attributes to him. For example he self describes himself as goofy, his social manners are awkward and quirky, and he's a college student. He also dances like a total dork when he's drunk.
- Anti-Hero: A decent guy at heart, but he's done some questionable things. Type II with some traits of Type III.
- Bash Brothers: With Adel
- Canada, Eh?: His Newfoundland accent is very thick and he says "eh" a lot.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: When people start talking about getting rid of him and Neda? He starts actually trying to win competitions. He'd end the season wining three Ho Hs and three vetos, the most competitions wins of the season.
- Epic Fail: Jon's attempt at the "Prom Date" Have-Not.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Averted - He dislocated his shoulder but was still allowed to play the game. This did however result in him being severely disadvantaged during a Have-not competition.
- Gasshole: He may fart more than Andrew.
- Genius Bruiser: He's good at a lot of mental challenges in addition to the physical challenges. Just don't ask him to play charades with Arlie or lacrosse.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Views evicting Neda as this.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Gets along with everyone but he's done some... questionable things such as backdooring Arlie, his closest ally to keep Neda and Heather around. It's especially noticeable when Neda starts whispering in his ear. With only a few houseguests remaining, he's probably the most genuinely nice guy remaining, after Adel's FaceHeel Turn.
- Just Friends: With Neda.
- Subverted post show.They are officially dating.
- Keet: Possibly even more than Adel and Arlie combined.
- Lovable Jock: He plays hockey, but is a University student and he's easily one of the nicest houseguests.
- Mr. Fanservice: He's pretty good looking for someone who farts a lot.
- No Indoor Voice: Jon shouts everything he says in the diary room.
- Official Couple:With Neda
- The Noodle Incident: Zig-zagged - He dislocated his shoulder jumping in the pool, and for the next few episodes, was wearing a splint. Unless you watched the feeds, you would have wondered what he did. Averted when Arisa showcased him jumping into the pool in a montage of the houseguests falling, tripping, and hurting themselves.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Can commonly be seen wearing black (and occasionally pink) nail polish on his hands.
- The Dragon: To Neda, doing all the dirty work for her.
- Worthy Opponent: Pretty much from the start of the game, Jon was viewed as the likely winner by most of the cast. And then he won.