Memes / Nintendo
Being around for a few decades, Nintendo
remains to be a very popular and long-running video game company. So of course, it only makes sense that a lot of their games create popular jokes around the internet. Super Mario Bros.
, The Legend of Zelda
, Fire Emblem
and Super Smash Bros.
already have their own pages, so keep memes related to those games in those pages.
Please add entries in the following format:
- The meme. [[labelnote:Explanation]]The explanation behind the meme, if necessary.[[/labelnote]] Explanation
- Further mutations and successor memes, if any.
- Various someones have hacked into the Animal Crossing games to rip the sound font/instrument used for the singing voice of K.K. Slider, the guitar-playing dog. Here's what that sounds like normally, for reference. With the sound font at their disposal, bored people with musical knowledge have gone on to create innumerable "K.K. Covers," doing everything from "Poker Face" to "Hare Hare Yukai" in the roving rover's signature voice. Oh, and since we know you'll ask: Yes, they've done that, too.
- Expand dong. Explanation
- NO, THIS DOES NOT EXPAND DONG
- HE Explanation
- Dankey KangExplanation
- EarthBound: You Cannot Grasp the True Form of Giygas's attack! Explanation
- Giygas is often mentioned in the comments section of mind screwy YouTube videos. Mostly the ones that add frames every second or change the audio to G-Major.
- "Earthbolind" Explanation
- Zoom! Boing! Explanation
- The most notable bug during the making of the MOTHER 3 Fan Translation:
Welcome to th
- The Flint used Swing!
- C'MON REGGIE GIVE US MOTHER 3! Explanation
- "This... can't be happening!" Explanation
- "CHARLEMAAAGNE!!" Explanation
- "MAY THE RATS EAT YOUR EYES!" Explanation
- Needs more Pargon. Explanation
- "Too bad! You lost your machine."Explanation
- "YOU GOT BOOST POWER!"Explanation
- "Pow pow Picard!" Explanation
- Making Kraden a playable character. Explanation
- "The Wheat Sword lets out a howl! Dutch Farmer!" Explanation
- Star Magician's balls. Explanation
- Golden Sun 3 Explanation
- Isaac's sexy beard. Explanation
Kid Icarus (primarily from Uprising)
- In general, the sheer speed with which what should have been major spoilers became It Was His Sled. Explanation
- Touhou: Uprising Explanation Editor's note
- Offbeat lines:
- Ask Auntie Pandora Hour Explanation
- Pit's singing Lyrics Explanation (spoilers)
- Magnus for Smash Bros 4! Explanation
- Palutena confirmed for Smash!
- Dark Pit confirmed for Smash!
- Dark Lord Gaol is a girl! Explanation (spoilers)
- Palutena is a good girl. Explanation
- The Reaper theme is now awesome. Explanation (long)
- Hamazing! Explanation
- Shazammitylam! Explanation (spoilers)
- I'm now a level infinity ultra epic supergod-plus! Explanation (spoilers)
- "Hey look! A Kid Icarus meme!" "Hey look! Who cares?"Explanation
- Viridi is Tsundere for Pit. Explanation (spoilers)
- "What's wrong! All I said was that Komaytos look like little Metr—" Explanation
- "Pit!" "Hades!" "Pit!" "HADES!" "PIT!" It's on!Explanation
- Floor ice cream gives you health! Explanation
- Super Bash Sisters! Explanation
- Metroid: The Wood Beam. A fake power-up that fans like to joke about finding in the hidden area of "Warfair". Oh, and the Pipe Boots too.
- Super Metroid: "y can't metroid crawl"Explanation
- Metroid Prime: "Science Team has vapor for brains" Explanation
- "Metroid feeding is strictly prohibited." Explanation
- TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBES!!!! Explanation
- Unless Admiral Dane approves of it. Explanation
- Soon, everything will be written as a meme, including YOU! Explanation
- Hear the words of O-Lir, last Sentinel of the Fortress Temple. May they serve you well. Explanation
- Metroid: Other M: "Remember me?" Explanation
- Manthony Higgs. Explanation
- Oh, and: "any objections, lady?" Explanation
- Mother... Time to go. Explanation
- Adam hasn't authorized me to edit this page yet. Explanation
- The baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby... Explanation
- "The word he so obviously chose... outsider... pierced my heart." Explanation
- Ridley's too big. Explanation
- "IT'S A LIVIN'!" Explanation
- "I'm still fallin'!" "WUUUUAAAAHHHUUUAAAAHHHH!!"
Sin and Punishment
- Star Fox 64 brings us Peppy Hare's various over-eager "hints": "Do a barrel roll!", "Use the brake!", "Try a somersault!"
- Thanks to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wolf O'Donnell's "Can't let you do that, Star Fox!" has expanded so that Wolf can't let anybody do anything.
- "Can't let you brew that, Starbucks!"
- "Can't let you chew that, Starburst!"
- "Can't let you view that, Firefox!"
- "Fox, get this guy off me!" Shut UP, Slippy!
- Mostly for furries only, but Krystal can't enjoy her sandwich. Explanation
- "This baby can take temperatures up to 9000 degrees!" Explanation
- Five Nights at Slippy'sExplanation
The Wonderful 101
- UNITE X Explanation
- Wonder-eyes, X Explanation
- "If it isn't the heir to the throne of the Roaming Rhullo, leader of the Space Pirate band known across the universe as the Guyzoch.. Prince Vorkken!" Explanation
- Mash A to Protect Earth Explanation (SPOILERS)
- Watch Saur's videos Explanation
- Diplomacy has failed! Explanation
- #WonderRed4Smash Explanation
- Nintendo Hardware in general:
- Nintendo Entertainment System:
- SET SIDE B Explanation
- "B men o setto shite kudasai" Explanation
- W A I T Explanation
- "Omachi kudasai".Explanation
- Now you're playing with power! Explanation
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System: "WARNING! It is a serious crime to copy video games according to copyright law. Please refer to your Nintendo game instruction booklet for more information.Explanation
- Nintendo 64:
- It's a Nintendo SIXTYFOOOUUUR! Explanation
- The Nintendo GameCube startup intro Explanation
- What Nintendo fanboys have said about the Nintendo DS: "It prints money!"
- Someone else made a hilarious picture of this meme in a different light for the PlayStation 3: "IT EATS MONEY!" Explanation
- On the Wii: "It still prints money!"
- On the Nintendo 3DS: "It prints money! IN 3D!"
- On the Wii U: "It prints money! In HD!"
- Subverted during the first few years of the Wii U's life due to poor sales (It took them more than 2 and a half years to sell 10 millions units, Sony sold 10 million PS4s in nine months.) Images◊ started to appear depicting the Wii U eating money. This ended once Wii U sales began to pick up after games like Sm4sh were released.
- When the Wii U's name was announced at E3 2011, references to Ling's Verbal Tic in Kung Pow! Enter the Fist immediately followed.
- Wii-U! Wii-U! Wii-U! Wii-U! Wii-U! Wii-U! Wii-U! Wii-U! Wii-U! Wii-U! Wii-U! Wii-U!...Explanation
- ... will save the Wii U Explanation
- Nintendo of America's Reggie uttered "My body is ready" during an early showing of Wii Fit. It didn't resurface until three years later, when it would become a huge fad.
- And then there's "What's wrong with you?"
- At E3 2012, he mentioned it. He was talking about the opportunity for fitness with the Wii U, and said that "People laughed, my body was ready" to a chorus of cheers.
- As of recently, he seems to have turned it into his own Catch Phrase of sorts. He mentioned it under the Wii U release at Nintendo Land, and later during an Animal Crossing video showing a tour of his in-game home in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
- And again during an interview aired on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. After being asked on Twitter whether or not he would be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS and Wii U, Reggie explained that the decision was not his to make, before coyly adding "But, if he [Sakurai] wants... my body is ready."
- In fact, this meme is even referenced in several Nintendo games, including Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokémon X and Y and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.
- This phrase is common when Nintendo fans get hyped, say, before a [[Nintendo Direct]] livestream.
- At E3 2008, a Nintendo employee named Cammie left a pretty bad taste in all the gamers' mouths due to her overenthusiastic personality about casual games. She even told a personal story on how she broke her wrist when she tried to snowboard. Literally, within seconds, her and and the word wrist became memes on several forums.
- A lot of the Nintendo E3 2012 stuff and related events:
- Non-Specific Action Figure Explanation
- Zombified Reggie Explanation
- Iwata holding bananas Explanation
- The fruit/food-holding itself seems to have been made into Nintendo's own joke as of recently: it was later that year referenced by a Nintendo Direct, where Bill Trinen would stare at a tangerine, and in yet another Nintendo Direct, a Lego version of Iwata was holding a carrot. And now it has happened again in the recent 3DS Nintendo Direct for Europe, whilst there is no holding, Satoru Shibata does promote the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game by scanning an apple.
- "I feel just like a purple Pikmin." Explanation
- "Please understand." Explanation
- "Please underStand." Explanation
- All hail the Virtual Boy. Explanation
- "My uncle works at Nintendo". The go-to explanation/response for how someone would get insider info on a game, especially if it's obviously fake.
- Don YamauchiExplanation
- "Lonk from Pennsylvania"Explanation
- "Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience." Explanation
- Nintendo HardExplanation
- "WE ARE NINTENDO. WE CHALLENGE ALL PLAYERS. YOU CANNOT BEAT US."Explanation