- Serena (Usagi) running into Jadeite in the episode "Cruise Blues". Serena snuck into the cruise ship in the disguise of a photographer and Jadeite was currently disguised as the ships captain. Jadeite catches Serena in the hold and the pair start to chat, much to poor Jadeite's confusion.
Serena: I got separated from my friends and I took a wrong turn.
Jadeite: I guess that makes sense. There is a big crowd on board.
Serena: (sporting puppy-dog eyes) Oh please, will you help me look for them?
Jadeite: (looking really awkward) Yes, I will. (Thinking) Wait a minute, why am I being so nice?
- The end of episode 3 (Episode 2 in the original DiC dub) where Serena is writing a love letter to Tuxedo Mask and tells Molly that it's homework. Miss Haruna arrives in the room just as she says this and chases the two of them around the room.
"You? Did homework? This is an event. Give it to me, I'll read it out loud to the class"
- The Japanese is arguably funnier. Ms. Haruna knows it's a love letter, but is just as excited to read it.
- Usagi's Epic Fail at training to be a proper princess/lady in the episode "Aim to be a Princess? Usagi's Weird Training". The crowner has got to be when the rest of the girls crash the dance class and everyone else passes - except for Usagi, Rei and Minako (who don't get turned to wax, which happens to those who passed).
- Kunzite and Tuxedo Mask (who at this point is working for Queen Beryl) are arguing about whether or not Sailor Moon should be killed or the silver crystal taken. The youma sighs and says she has a headache. And Sailor Moon offers her a cup of tea.
- In a nice prelude to Azumanga Daioh's shoe fortune scene, Episode 2 of the Japanese version (which is also in the Viz dub, as Viz is releasing all of the episodes) has Usagi deciding to toss her shoe to determine where to go read her fortune. It lands right-side up...onto Mamoru's head. The look on his face is just priceless. Also that her shoe ends up on his head more than once.
- This Breaking the Fourth Wall moment in Episode 6 of the sub version:
I won't allow you to use music for evil. Even the father of music Haydn
is mad, you know!
The father of music is Bach
Usgai/Sailor Moon: If you hadn't said anything, they wouldn't have noticed.
- From Ami/Mercury's intro episode, Usagi and Luna freaking out when Mamoru gets suspicious about Luna talking. The two run a short distance and when they see Mamoru still standing behind them, they high tail it for several blocks.
- The first episode as well. Supposedly, crying does help a lot...
Sailor Moon: *freaking out because of nearly getting struck to death*
Tuxedo Kamen: Crying won't do you any help, Sailor Moon!
Sailor Moon: BUT I CAN'T HELP IT!! WAAAAHHH!! *turns out the cry gets weaponized and disabled the Youma*
Youma: STOP CRYING!!
Tuxedo Mask: Sailor Moon, you have to remember that crying isn't going to solve any of your problems.
Sailor Moon: Yeah, maybe not, but i can't help it! *wails loudly, then it turns out the cry gets weaponized and disabled the Youma*
: THE HORROR!!!
- In the DiC version Luna sums things up just perfectly as she spies on Serena after she met Darien for the first time.
Luna: I don't believe it. This crybaby, she's the one!?
- From the DiC dubbed episode of Rei/Raye's first appearance, Serena and Amy notice all the girls who have Cherry Hill charms look really tired and out of it.
Serena: I want the same kind of charm they have!
Amy: Why Serena? No offense but you're already naturally kind of out of it.
Serena: Aw Amy I'm not out of it I'm daydreaming.
- in both versions, when Rei accidentally uses one of her "Akuryou Taisan" ofuda on Usagi, as well as Usagi's face afterwards.
- In episode twelve, after Rei and Usagi get into another argument at the end, Ami just pulls a book out of nowhere and begins reading, which is funnier considering they're on a wrecked ship in the middle of nowhere.
- In Episode 11 (Episode 8 in the original DiC dub) when Sailor Moon and Sailor Mars were caught in a hallucination, and were dreaming that they were riding a merry go round with Tuxedo Mask. Cue the scene going back into reality and you'll see Sailor Moon and Sailor Mars riding on brooms instead!
- Luna's lines during this scene are pretty funny, especially in the Viz dub. Michelle Ruff's delivery really sells it!
Luna: Hold on a second! It's a trap! COME ON! Are you listening?! This is just what the enemy wants you to do!
- I don't know if it's a result of the Italian dub or not, but in episode 33 one of the voices cheering on the fake Sailor Moon is Minako's. Then Minako is seen watching a whining Usagi, her face saying: "If that is Sailor Moon, ''who did I just cheer?".
- Later in the episode, Usagi declares that nobody can use the name of Sailor Moon without her permission, and wants to find the fake and make her pay the royalties.
- Gets funnier on a meta level: this is Minako's debut episode, and in its manga counterpart did just that, sort of: she told everyone she was the Moon Princess.
- And in the S season, Minako not only shows up disguised as Sailor Moon without permission (and without paying royalties), but she used Usagi's Transformation Pen for it, and declared that someone like Usagi could never be Sailor Moon to her face.
- Mamoru (disguised as Tuxedo Mask) gets a minor one in English Episode 23 when he gets a silver crystal. Zoycite says "Hey, that's mine" and Mamoru responds by saying "Sorry, I don't see your name on it anywhere, loser!" then runs away.
- In episode 13, after Mamoru insults Motoki, Usagi cries loud enough to cause a scene and embarrasses Mamoru. He gets criticized by some people for making a girl cry and quickly runs away.
- Also from episode 13, Usagi and Rei argue over which one of them is prettier in the middle of a fight against Jadeite.
Rei/Mars: And what exactly about you is beautiful?
Usagi/Sailor Moon: Just look! You can't deny that I'm more beautiful than you are.
Rei/Mars: Okay, I'll humor you 'cause you're dumb.
Usagi/Sailor Moon: Well, my nose is clearly more beautiful than yours!
Rei/Mars: (laughs) What nose? It looks like somebody put a thumb tack on your face.
Usagi/Sailor Moon: (tears up) That is so mean!
- Episode 31 has a cat version of Tuxedo Mask who saves Luna. Instead of a rose, he throws a fishbone, and they even play Tuxedo Mask's theme when he shows up.
- From the same episode, there's Zoisite, once again on a quest to capture the rainbow crystal. In doing so, he completely humiliates himself fumbling through the sewers, which culminates in him accidentally getting hundreds of rats to chase him.
- And when Zoisite finally gets his hands on the rainbow crystal, it gets taken by Tuxedo Mask. Again.
- Of course, some of you probably remember that episode for Moon, Mercury and Jupiter attempting to squeeze awkwardly into a narrow alleyway to fight Zoisite..... and failing. Hard. But that's not the best part: Mercury tries for a bubble spray, only to trip over Moon and fall flat on her face, giving Jupiter a good look up her skirt.
- Perhaps unintentional but in episode 44 when Kunzite sends the senshi into another dimension so he can obtain the Silver Crystal the Moon Stick comes out of Sailor Moon's hand. Just as he reaches for the Silver Crystal mounted on it the Moon Stick flips around and smacks him on the hand with it's handle as if to tell him for sure he won't be getting his hands on it anytime soon.
- In episode 3 of the DiC English dub, Sam pranking Serena by replacing the bathroom scale with a pizza box that looked like said scale.
- In episode 32, Zoisite keeps watch for his plan to go through... while riding on a merry-go-round.
- Zoisite's little temper-tantrum when Beryl assigns Nephrite to search for the Silver Crystal.
- Usagi using the Moon Stick that Luna gave her in the previous episode to smash open her piggy bank.
- This burn from Ami in the dub, when confronted by Kunzite (Malachite in the DiC English dub):
Kunzite (Malachite): Step aside, Mercury. It's not you I'm after.
Ami: Go bleach your roots, creep!
- In one episode, Nephrite, while luring one of his targets, dramatically poses with some silk cloth said target wants to buy.
- "Stupid jerk and his purple-pleated pants..."
- Now evolved into a running gag.
- In the Viz dub of episode 7, Umino imitates Molly (Brooklyn accent and all) when crossdressing.
- In the same episode Umino describes the internet as a "series of tubes".
- In the Viz dub of episode 8 (Sailor Mercury's intro episode), Ami's IQ is rumored to be OVER 9000!
- In episode 16 of the Viz redub, we get this gem:
Umino (referring to their teacher being proposed to:) It's not the ideal situation, but as long as they love each other...
Usagi: Give me the ideal or nothing! I believe in impossibly high standards!
- In the Viz dub of episode 3, Jadeite did on-airing love letter readings and came up with the most clever pseudonym ever: J. Daito.
- The Viz dub of episode 37 gives Kunzite a chance to mock Tuxedo Mask's costume.
Shouldn't you be off serving appetizers somewhere?