- Maxima's first interaction with Sydney's secret poster tube - namely, the facts that the orbs inside them cannot be separated more than 5 feet from Sydney, and they won't drag her along with them. Not even if you're someone as strong as Maxima. Epic Fail par excellence.
- After Harem gets back at Maxima for shaking her around inside an ambulance by leaving kisses all over the patients' faces, Maxima gets back at her via a super Atomic Wedgie. It's enough to make all her clones feel it, and them banging into other things when they flinch just makes the feedback effect even more hilarious.
- Dabbler's entrance into the comic, which only gets better after Sydney sees though her illusion and freaks out. By the time the interview is over they're acting like bratty siblings.
- And as the meeting wraps up, she scans General Faulk's mind for a substitute glamour, coming up with the original Green-Skinned Space Babe, which is funny enough, but the fact that everyone else is motionless while Dabbler remains oblivious makes it even funnier.
- Sydney's innocent joke at Anvil's expense isn't that funny, but one of Harem's copies laughs at it while in the bathroom.
- Sydney tries some behavioral self-modification.... via Fonzarelli Fix. Maxima's Troubled Fetal Position and Face Palm are priceless.
- Same page, a younger Maxima reacting to a paper-bag alarm clock.
Maxima: [staring in shock at the giant, burning hole in the wall she just made] So...apparently I can do that.
- Maxima getting Sydney to behave by referencing the idea of I Let Gwen Stacy Die.
- Math to Harem: "Ooh, story time!" Like an eager little kid.
- "Prepare the Nerve Weasel!"
- Deus is shaping up to be an... interesting villain(?).
- Hey, Sydney- open mouth, insert foot. The page's title even lampshades it.
- Try not to think about the fact that some of the most beautiful women on earth are showering, changing, and possibly having tickle fights on the other side of this wall Please remember that this is a sign hanging in the MEN'S shower.
Math: Whoever made that sign is an evil genius. A horrible, awful, evil genius.
- Maxima asks "What's the worst that could happen?" before laughing about how she said it with a straight face. When they see Sydney scare Heatwave off of answering her phone, General Faulk sympathetically pats Max and Arianna's shoulders.
- The imagine spot with a random super whose power is to make people think he knows Kevin Bacon.
- the imagine spot of a Super Olympics in 2020 with the TV tagline about there surprisingly being no Afican nations with supers that are empowered with speed-based abilities.
- Maxima explains that most of her actions in Iraq and Afganistan were classified...cut to her asking some soldiers if their party is classified while she prepares to drink a keg by flying upside-down.
- And the author's note mentioning that no, he does not know where they got the keg.
- Dabbler's smugness on the same page.
- And Maxima's casual admission that she's why there's not a lot of supers left in either country she was deployed in is fine Black Comedy.
- On the next page, the author's note analyzing Max's bun coming out so easily leading to the vote of "Dabber gave her a magic scrunchy".
- The Unmaker. All of it.
- Harem talking about her "disability."
- Ariana's method at (attempting) to control Dabbler? A dog clicker.
- The highlight being the final panel, where she gives up all pretense of subtlety and just throws the clicker at Dabbler.
- Achilles assisting with Dabbler's demonstration. "Whee!"
- Also the discussion of Dabbler's weapon, which she's not sure of the Earth-word for. Maxima and Sydney, on the other hand, know.
- Dave (the author of the webcomic) getting Sidetracked by the Analogy when comparing public relations to Guitar Hero.
"This is what Arianna gets for playing the PR game on expert difficulty. She’s not going to S rank it at this point, but if she can rally a few more times, she might still finish with an A or a B+ if she nails the whammy run… or something else that makes it sound like there’s a PR version of Guitar Hero. God, that would be a shit game though, wouldn’t it? Sydney cursed on TV! Hit Blue, Red and Green! Maxima threatened a paparazzi, Blue Blue Blue, Blue Red, Blue Red, Yellow Red! Who let a sex tape ‘slip?’ Math? Oh, no one cares about that. Well, some people do, but not in a way that generates bad PR so much. Hold down Blue."
- Sydney tries to hide behind Achilles, only to find out that the prior explosion torched the back of his clothes clean off and she just came into contact with his bare behind. She seems to take it even worse than he did.
- Sydney's sheer joy at finding out that she can level up her spheres.
- It's also a Crowning Moment of Awesome, but Sydney invoking Blind Without 'Em to lower a villain's guard so she can use her spheres to take him down is hilarious.
- Gwen's cloaking spell is rendered as mantras rippling out like sound waves. The innermost one? "You can't see us you can't see us you can't see us..."
- "Make Maxima Say" Bingo
- When Breakpoint's power renders Jiggawatt unable to hear, Hiro gives her the order to attack the enemy in sign language. Jiggawatt uses the same to reply with "Fucking Doy.''
- Sydney's improvised solution to Death Toll's powers gets even Maxima suppressing a laugh.
- Vehemence's moment is swiftly interrupted by Sydney.
- As a side effect of growing, Vehemence's pants rip, giving everyone a show. The heroes' reactions are just the icing on the cake.
- Sydney comes up with a plan to distract Vehemence from his plan to kill Maxima by using Dabbler's hypnotic breasts. Maxima's conflicted reaction is what really sells it.
- The idea quickly backfires when just about all of her teammates become hypnotized as well.
- After Vehemence is defeated, Hiro tries to get Maxima's attention with a "debriefing" pantomime so they can talk. She assumes he's hitting on her.
- When doing a background check on Sydney.
Zephan: Let's see... she has an Adderall prescription for, unsurprisingly, ADHD.
Maxima: I can confirm that I am unsurprised.
Zephan: At the risk of sounding unprofessional, perhaps she should look into increasing the dose a little?
Maxima: Zephan, that's called meth, they don't write prescriptions for that.
- Sydney, when you contact a succubus and are told she's right in the middle of something, don't be shocked when you get Too Much Information.
- Upon waking, Sydney has some menstrual cramps, deciding to Falcon Punch herself in the ovaries to combat this.
Sydney: Let us hope that is the dumbest thing I do all day.
- As Strip 1707 cheerfully displays, no, it is not the dumbest thing she'll do today. Bonus points for how bemused Barack Obama seems by the whole thing.
- Obama even gets a credit in the cast column ('The Prez').
- Even better is Sydney's reaction.
Sydney: I'm sorry, your Presidentfulness!
Maxima: Don't curtsy to the President! You're not even wearing a dress!
- Ren vetos several possible superhero names for himself, including "The Blulk".
- Dabbler's Porno Sense is tingling! (Mildly NSFW)
- Maxima's ringtone◊ for Sydney is "They're Coming to Take Me Away (Ha Ha)" by Napoleon XIV.
- The method Arc-Aegis is using to hold Vehemence in containment. They're keeping him high as balls and busy playing cutesy videogames.
- During a discussion on modesty, one Arc-SPARQ engineer blurts out that all the women should be wearing Burkas, only to immediately snap a picture of Maxima's reaction with a smug grin on his face. And according to his dialogue, he's done this before!
: One of these days you'll stop falling for that, Max. Until then the Anger Album continues to grow.
- The recruits all go to Club Oontz. Sidney is confused by the name until she hears the loud dubstep playing.
Author's Note: Better than Club Wub.
- To help Sydney power through her first day of training, Peggy keeps reminding her about Batman. But when Sydney faceplants into the mud...
- The following strip is mostly Heartwarming as Peggy sympathizes with Sydney before promising not to tell anyone she'd cried.
: Not that! Swear to Bob Kane you won't tell anyone of my terrible heresy
! (Mini-comic below
) Swearing to Bill Finger
would be acceptable as well. Peggy
: I don't know who either of those people are.
- Sydney trolls some construction workers that are busy catcalling her fellow heroes.
- Maxima and Deus have a... History. Apparently he would constantly try and show his affection by giving her gifts like a Dimond and Ruby version of her "M" choker (which she hated), and a pair of boots with Magnesium Silicon Carbide cleats (which she thought were "alright").
- When asked about the wall-mounted display case full of weapons from various anime/videogames/web series, this exchange happens.
Sydney: Woooo! Nice replicas!
Deus: Replicas. *eyes narrow* Yessss..."
Both at once: Hmmmm.
- Sydney's meeting a werewolf... does not have the intended reaction.
- Sydney tries to break the fourth wall, but doesn't know which direction it's in.
- Coupled with Awesome, as Hiro has to have the willpower of a saint to avoid looking at Maxima's Clothing Damage. At least now Maxima doesn't have to wonder about his "boudoir pictures".
- Dabbler continues to be a troll to the prudish (by her standards) Maxima by wearing a swimsuit that looks more like fetish gear and is so tight that the Artist puts censor bubbles over her groin and behind that read "This thing is really tight" and "Seriously you guys," respectively.
- And then an exasperated Sydney asks if the suit blows up like a balloon if she farts in it.
- Deus portals into a vault containing a number of powerful mystical items, many qualifying for Artifact of Doom status... and brings a shopping cart.
- Sciona broke into vault (killing Cooter in the process) and kills Wyrmil to get the epimorph which she uses rebuild her old body and then proceeds to dramatically shout about it... only to pause midway through to use it to give herself a boob-job.
- We later find out that Cooter survived being made into Ludicrous Gibs, prompting Ingsol to cast a Sleep spell... which Sydney accidentally watched him do, prompting her to go night-night.
- After Cooter/Wyrmil summon a wall of tentacles to cover their escape, Sydney says this:
- After the very talkative mass of tentacles that were summoned see Dabbler and Decolette, they think that the two Succubi were the reason that they were summoned.
- Jabberwokky still isn't fully cured.
- Dabbler uses a spell to warm Sydney up after she washes herself off in a below-freezing moon pool. Unfortunately... the spell has other side effects, and Sydney gets hot in more ways than one.
- The next day, Sydney punches Dabbler hard in the back in revenge.
Dabbler: Aaah! Right in the 'ol gazorpazovum!
- And then Maxima comes in to the aftermath.
Maxima: [upon seeing Dabbler lying on the floor, twitching] What's the story there?
Sydney: I was thanking her for that spell she used on me last night.
Maxima: ... Side effects?
- Maxima then proceeds to tear into Dabbler for sandbagging.
- The same strip reveals that, as bad as Sydney's faux-pas regarding Peggy's missing foot was, the doctor Peggy first saw about it told her to "Walk it off."
- As Maxima's showering, she tells Sydney about how Dabbler had tried seducing her early on - only to be distracted by her boobs...' reflectiveness and making silly faces while looking into them.
- After Maxima chewed them out for rough-housing in the showers, Varia, Heatwave, and Jiggawatt spend some time inflicting a Cool and Unusual Punishment on Math - play-acting that Maxima set up a sexy obstacle course for them while he's unable to see it.
- And then Maxima catches them slacking off, and inflicts one of her own by making them live up to their claims.
- Dabbler, Maxima, Sydney, and Zephan are trying to figure out how exactly Cooter is traveling down the east coast of the US at 100 km/h. Zephan posits that Cooter must have either stolen a car, or he has found clothes (as he resurrected from his death-by-bloody-implosion completely naked) and is currently hitch-hiking. Sydney has this to say:
Maxima: Well, I am now.
- Dabbler put a tracking spell on Cooter and is using his position, along with incredibly complex and complicated math, to predict where the Portal's origin is, assuming that's where Cooter is headed. She goes into a lengthy explanation about how brilliant the math she is using is and boasts about how she is, in all likelihood, the most intelligent being on Earth. And then Sydney laments that it was too bad that Dabbler couldn't have just put the tracking spell on a rock and kicked it through the portal.
Dabbler: *Stunned silence followed by a long exhale* (embarrassed whispering to Sydney) Don't you have a class to get to?
Sydney: You mean that would have worked?!
- Deus mocking Sciona for basically storming off in a huff and forgetting something important.
- Sciona continues to prove that Evil Is Petty.
- One of Harem's bodies is having some fun with Deus while another is in a meeting at Archon. The one in the meeting is doing her best to look like she's paying attention to the meeting and is not having amazing sex at the same time. Meanwhile, at a random mall food court somewhere a third copy is screaming her brains out. And Dabbler finds this all really really interesting:
: You're neat. This place is neat. I think I'm going to like it here.
- Deus is negotiating with Sciona, sex for the artifact that Sciona wants. Vale is in the room, partially because she likes to watch.
- Sciona's reaction to Deus's little black book.
: How well traveled are you
... a Draugr
? Ew! Deus
: Not one of the gross zombie grunts, of course. An elite Draugr Lord. Lord-ette. Lordess?
- Sydney tells Hiro and Max to Get a Room!, and Dabbler misses the point.
Sydney: Get a room, you two!
Dabbler: A room? They're both so attractive, why wouldn't you want to watch?
Sydney: (whispering) Objectively, yes, but we know them so it would be weird.
Dabbler: That makes it way better! Weirdo.
Sydney: You're the weirdo!
- Upon discovering Sciona's hideout, Sydney and Achilles test for traps.
- Sciona's fight against the heroes has... not been going well for her.
- Sydney asking if she's the only one worried about a Blood Magic user getting covered in the stuff.
- The Funny Background Event of Dabbler absentmindedly helping pull Achilles out of the pillar that Sciona had smashed him with.