Characters: Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption
This is a list of characters from Vampire the Masquerade Redemptionnote: This page is partly incomplete. Help will be appreciated.
open/close all folders
Christof RomualdThe main character of the game, Christof is a french knight who was recovered in a monastery in Prague, where he falls in love with the lovely, pure nun Anezka. After getting turned into a vampire, he fights for his newfound clan but eventually finds out that Anezka has been kidnapped by the Cainites. Along with his friends, he starts his journey across the land (and time) to save Anezka and eventually stops the various evil vampires in the way.
- The Ace: He can learn a lot of Vampire Disciplines.
- Anachronism Stew: Though the manual says he's unusual in respecting Jews, this isn't merely unusual for the Crusades, it's significant to the point that Christof wouldn't have been hailed as a hero, but considered morally compromised in the Church's eyes.
- Then again, that's what happens to him (albeit, over a different issue he disagrees with).
- Bad Powers, Good People: He can drain a person of all his blood, animate the dead and make enemies' blood boil, but he's a good guy. (Unless you play him as a bad guy).
- Bad Ass
- Chick Magnet: Many Cainite ladies aren't above flirting with him, expecially Serena and Lily.
- The Chosen One: May be a coincidence, but a mural shows that Christof was the prophesied wielder of the Ainkurn Sword.
- Cool Sword: Starts with one and can obtain the legendary Aikurn Sword, but can equip any weapon he wishes.
- Determinator: Endures centuries of blood torpor, but comes out sane because of Anezka.
- The Dreaded: For the Premysl clan. See below.
- Good Is Dumb: While he has some very brilliant moments, generally Christof can come off as a very hilariously air-headed person. This is especially true during the Dark Ages part, where Christof pretty much ignores everything Anezka says to him after the raid on Prague streets.
- The Hero
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Voiced by Nicholas Guest, who went on to voice Magnus in Blood Omen
- Kick the Dog: Some choices are quite nasty, such as using the Diablerie on Lucretia and absorbing her powers.
- Red Baron: "Champion of Prague", and later "Killer of Ahzra", "Bane of the Premysl House".
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Don't stay between him and Anezka, or betray him. Just ask Orsi...
- Single-Target Sexuality: He loves only Anezka.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Even after awakening from torpor in the modern age, he still speaks like this.
Wilhem StreicherA Brujah ancilla and friend of Christof, he helps him during his first steps in the Kindred world. They soon become a fearsome duo and fight together many times. After the timeskip, he meets Christof again in New York and joins the coterie in their last battle against the forces of Vukodlak.
- Almighty Janitor: Sort of: he's just a neonate Vampire, but has the potential for becoming really powerful.
- Bad Ass
- Blade on a Stick: He also has a halberd as starting weapon.
- Face-Heel Turn: Offscreen, he and Ecaterina joined the evil Sabbat, but he promptly dumps them when he meets Christof.
- The Lancer
- Mr. Exposition: He explains a lot of things to Chris.
- Only Sane Man
SerenaA Cappadocian Kindred and Garinol's right hand. She's sent to help the Coterie by Garinol and she develops a crush on Christof. She's a powerful caster and can use many spells.
- The Chick
- Glass Cannon: She can cast powerful disciplines, but is physically weak.
- Kill It with Fire: She can easily learn the Fire Disciplines.
- Knife Nut: Wields a knife.
- Mook Maker: She can spawn undead puppets to fight her enemies. This power is also used for escaping the Teutonic Prisons.
- Necromancer: Being a Cappadocian and all.
- Squishy Wizard
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Her fate after the timeskip is unknown, but she probably died along with the other Cappadocians when the Giovanni took over.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
ErikA large viking-like Gangrel vampire who was imprisoned by the Tremere, who tried to turn him into a hideous gargoyle monster. He uses his great strenght to help the coterie in their battles. Eventually in Vienna he meets his fate when Etrius completes the ritual and turns him into a mindless gargoyle and the coterie is forced to finish him off.
- The Big Guy
- Drop the Hammer: Despite being chained to a wall just a while ago and wearing only a kilt, he can still pull a war hammer out of his inventory
- Fur Against Fang: Averted, he and his clan are in good relationships with Werewolves.
- Horny Vikings: Looks a lot like one
- Karmic Transformation: Etrius finishes what Ardan begun and turn him into a Gargoyle, a creature that he despises.
- Killed Off for Real: Poor Christof...
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: A Vampire-Viking-Shapeshifter warrior.
- Player Punch: You'll feel sorry...
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Against the Tremere, expecially Virstania, for some reason...
- Violent Glaswegian: His accent.
- Why DidIt Have To Be Gargoyles: He really hates Gargoyles, but his typical reaction is trying to grind it.
PinkA big, punk-like Brujah met by Christof in the "In Tenebris" pub in London. He decides to join Christof in his quest and help him. He's actually an Assamite Vampire hired by Vukodlak whose task was to stop Christof, but he's forced to flee before he can accomplish his mission.
- The Big Guy
- Deadpan Snarker: A lot.
- Delinquent: He looks like one and speaks with a peculiar accent
- Face-Heel Turn
- Jerkass: He's really cocky and rude, especially to Lily and Samuel.
- The Mole: He actually works for the Assamite clan.
- Mr. Exposition: He introduces the mechanics of the modern world to Christof.
- Odd Couple: He and Christof.
- Shout-Out: His name, appearance, and attitude are inspired by a character in the Pink Floyd album and movie, The Wall. Fridge Brilliance sets in when you realize this isn't the writer being funny, but a role adopted by an Assamite who likely studied the film to help get into character.
LilyA young vampire from the clan Toreador who was forced to work in the Setite Brothel by Lucretia and is freed by our heroes. She follows Christof out of gratitude and in order to find out what happened to her Sire Alexandra.
- The Chick
- Bad Ass Longcoat
- Distressed Damsel: Not quite: she needs to be rescued, but participates in the fight herself.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: At first only
- Innocently Insensitive: "I can't believe it! This is supposed to be the purest woman on earth?!"
- Les Yay: With her Sire, not surprisingly.
- Magic Knight: She's very good with magics, but also has decent physical statistics.
- Odd Friendship: With Samuel.
- Zettai Ryouiki
SamuelA Nosferatu from New York, he's a member of the Camarilla. The coterie saves him from other Sabbat Nosferatu and in return he helps them with his powers and his friend Dev/Null. Despite his grotesque face and body, he's very kind and soft spoken.
- Deadpan Snarker: Especially towards Pink.
- The Grotesque: Like all Nosferatu
- Humans Are White: Only black guy in the whole game.
- Well... I'd say greenish....
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: He's one of the few good Nosferatu you'll meet, while all but one other (both in Dark Ages and Modern Age) will try to kill you.
- Odd Couple: With Lily, especially odd given how much their clans hate each other.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
- The Smart Guy
Ahzra the UnlivingA Tzimisce vampire who dwells in the deeps of Bonn's Silver Mines. When she attacks Christof, she boast about the coming awakening of the Methuselah of Vysehrad but gets slain by the young crusader.
MercurioA sneaky Cappadocian scholar who's studying the Book of Nod and is trying to find a cure for Kindreds, but is stopped and slain by Christof and Wilhem who were sent to recover the book.
- Evil Genius
- Mad Scientist
- Simple Staff
- Wake-Up Call Boss: He can cast a dangerous mist attack that deals a lot of damage and raises Frenzy.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: His researches are for a good cause, but far too dangerous.
- Wicked Cultured: Studies a lot.
ArdanA Tremere Sorcerer in Prague and the leader in charge of the slave trades. The coterie storms his hidden base in Golden Lane and eventually kill him after a brief battle.
- Anticlimax Boss: Granted, with a coterie of four people he will go down like an anvil in water.
- Dirty Coward
- Evil Sorcerer
- Mad Scientist: He was trying to create gargoyles using his prisoners.
- Playing with Fire: Can use a dangerous fire discipline.
Count OrsiA Ventrue nobleman is basically the "boss" of Vienna and often buys human slaves. He ask the Coterie to kill the Lasombra Kindred Luther Black in exchange for his help but eventually sells them to the Tremere and has them arrested. After the timeskip, Christof finds out that Orsi (now president of the Orsi Corporation) is still alive and helps the Tzimisce with his factories. After a final clash in the factory, he meets his final and well deserved doom when Christof tosses him into a vat of molten metal.
- Anticlimax Boss: At the current level of your party you'll make mincemeat out of him.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: The Ur-Example
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: When you meet him in New York he has to ask Christof his name. Zig-zagged in that he does remember who you were working for.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive
- Death by Irony: Christof throws him into the large vat of molten metal which was being used for forging the silver statue for Vukodlak.
- Jerkass: And gets his comeuppance for it.
- Upper-Class Twit
- Wicked Cultured
Luther BlackA high-ranking Lasombra Vampire, he lives in a secret lair inside the Vienna Clock Tower, where he lies on a silver cross, guarded by a small army of Ghouls and Dark Hunters. When the coterie reaches him, he actually asks them to put him out of his misery.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Living Shadow: As a Lasombra Vampire, he probably created all those Dark Hunters in the church...
- Mercy Kill: He asks you to put him out of his misery.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?
VirstaniaA Tremere regent that lives in the Haus De Hexe in Vienna. She attacks the Coterie in the Gargoyle Den but is killed after an harsh battle.
- Blade on a Stick: She fights with a halberd.
- Dark Action Girl
- The Dragon: To Etrius, probably.
- Evil Witch
- Giant Space Flea From No Where: You have no clue on her presence.
- It's Personal: Erik apparently has a grudge against her.
EtriusThe leader of the Tremere vampires in Vienna, he is a powerful wizard who wages war with the Tzimisce and with all those who stand against him. He turns Erik into a Gargoyle and fights the party, but he eventually flees after telling them about Anezka's whereabouts.
- Authority Equals Ass Kicking: Ohh boy...
- Evil Sorcerer
- Karma Houdini: Sorry, but Erik's death won't be avenged.
- Playing with Fire
- That One Boss
LibussaA Tzimisce Vampire and Vukodlak's servant, she is a fanatically devoted vampiress who offered her body and will to her evil master.
- Demonic Possession: By Vukodlak.
- Fate Worse Than Death: She's totally possessed by Vukodlak, and later Anezka manages to somehow destroy her soul, too.
- Heel-Face Turn
- Vocal Dissonance
Father Leo AllatiusThe old and wise leader of the Society of Leopold, a group of human vampire hunters, is actually a long lived ghoul who has survived feeding on the blood of the captured Vampires.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Qualifies.
- Evil Old Folks
- Puzzle Boss: Instead of killing him, you can knock down the blood containers around him, so that he won't fight you. You can also gain Humanity.
- Simple Staff: Attacks with his walking stick.
LucretiaLeader of the Setite cult in London, she controls a Brothel where human and vampire girls are kept prisoners. The Coterie fights her to free Lily, but has to find her Heart, which is sealed in the Tower of London. She informs Christof about Vukodlak's location but tries to kill him one last time and is slain.
- Beat Still, My Heart: Her heart is not in her body.
- Scaled Up: She turns into a giant Snake to kill Christof.
- Snakes Are Sexy
- Snake Talk
- Soul Jar: The Heart
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: You have the option to not only squash her heart but to absorb her powers as well.
The UnderprinceThe boss of the Sabbat Nosferatu, ambushes the coterie in the sewers of New York but is defeated.
Alessandro GiovanniThe boss of the Giovanni vampires in New York who works with the Tzimisce for the cash. Is killed by Pink before he can reveal the location of Vukodlak's coffin.
Vukodlak the DefilerThe powerful Voivode and Methuselah of Vysehrad castle, he is a very old Cainite who was sealed in his coffin until 2000 for his crimes. He plans to use his powers to prevent Gehenna by killing the 13 Antediluvians and becoming the most powerful creature in the world. He's eventually stopped by the heroes.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: And how!
- Big Bad
- Final Boss
- Humanoid Abomination
- One-Winged Angel: After his first defeat he reappears on the first floor of the Cathedral of Flesh and transform into a large, powerful dragon-like monster named Zulo
- Sealed Evil in a Can: By the other Voivodes...
- The End of the World as We Know It: He intends to bring this by disposing of the Antediluvians.
- You Have Failed Me: To Libussa, but he didn't kill her.
AnezkaA young nun and Christof's love interest, she is kidnapped by the Cainites while trying to find out about Christof's location, eventually falling into Tzimisce hands and transformed into a ghoul. Right before the final battle, the coterie finds out that Anezka actually did everything possible to slow down Vukodlak's revival and endured a lot of dire sacrifices to stop him. In the good ending, she is Embraced by Christof, becoming a vampire.
- Beware of the Nice Ones: She's a sweet nun, very polite and quiet. But once given a reason to, she'll show amazing willpower and cunning.
- Break the Cutie: What she endured under Libussa and Vukodlak is unspeakable at least.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The Corridor of Memories and her Embrace.
- Face-Heel Turn: After being turned into a Tzimisce Ghoul. Subverted.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Living as a slave for the Tzimisce must have been dire...
- Holy Hand Grenade: She has (had) true faith, and so the Premysl Revenants couldn't even approach her.
- Magnificent Bastard: She managed to keep Vukodlak sealed for 600 years and managed to destroy Libussa's spirit somehow.
Ecaterina the WiseElder of the Brujah clan in Prague, she is a noble and ancient Cainite from Carthage, and the one who Embraced Christof in first place. After the time-skip it is revealed that she joined the Sabbat, but she secretly works against Vukodlak.
CosmasElder of the Brujah clan along with Ecaterina, he is a tall, proud warrior. Apparently he died during the time-skip.
- Bald of Evil
- The Dragon: To Ecaterina.
- Killed Offscreen: Died in the chaos resulting from the human uprising.
GarinolLarge and wise leader of the Cappadocian vampires in Petrin Hill monastery. The Sire of Serena.
- Informed Ability: He's supposedly really powerful.
- Large and In Charge: He's quite big and large.
- Nun Too Holy: As a Cappadocian, Garinol's haven and lifestyle are very Christian.
JosefA really old and ugly Nosferatu, he is the keeper of the secret Tunnels of Prague, a veritable labyrinth infested by Nosferatu, Giant Rats and ghosts. The coterie must give him a chalice of Elder Vitae from Ecaterina so that he will open the gates.
Tetha, Kazi and ZheelThree beautiful vampire sisters Embraced by Orsi. Tetha and Zeel are mute, so you can speak only with Kazi.
Dev/NullA Malkavian hacker and friend of Samuel. He gives indications to the coterie concerning the location of Vukodlak's sarcophagus.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He's a Malkavian, what did you expect?
- Mad Oracle: He correctly predicts the following events in the game, including Pink's betrayal.
- Milking the Giant Cow: He waves his arms a lot while talking.