Harold "Coop" Cooplowski
Coop is MEGAS' current owner. He lives in his mother's basement in Jersey City, and is a fan of video games, Pay-Per-View wrestling, cheesy monster movies, cars, and overeating.
- Big Eater
- Big Fun: There's nothing Coop loves more than playing video games and eating grotesque amounts of food.
- Destructive Savior: He tends to cause a fair bit of destruction due to using extreme methods to deal with the Monster of the Week.
Kiva: (Surprised) Amazing! You defeated the enemy, and you didn't have to destroy a planet to do it.
- Determinator: Nowhere is this more evident than when he's fighting an evil AU version of himself.
Evil Coop: You know you can't win.
Coop: I don't know nuthin.
- Genius Ditz: Keep in mind he was able to repair a broken mecha from the future while still upgrading it as time goes by in spite of being who he is.
- Good Is Dumb
- Hot-Blooded: Especially after he gets pissed off.
- Idiot Hero: Most events in the series are caused by this.
- Mundane Utility: Zig-zagged. MEGAS' head is his car, so he uses that for travel, but is prone to using the whole mech for some things like playing around.
- Neet: He's a rare example of one that isn't a shut in computer geek.
Relatively harmless slacker who regularly sleeps on Coop's couch and camps on MEGAS' backseat, whining. Has occasional milliseconds of bravery and intelligence, but mostly just acts as straight-man to the insanity of his friend's robot piloting adventures.
- Butt Monkey
- Cowardly Sidekick
- Lovable Coward
- Neet, and apparently has no skills to make up for it.
- Token Evil Teammate: Usually visualizes taking over the world and making his friends his servants and the first thing he thought of if he controlled MEGAS was to rob Fort Knox.
- Took a Level in Badass in Rearview Mirror Mirror. After Alternate Reality!Coop decimated the Earth, Alternate Reality!Jamie was left behind and became the leader of the Earth's resistance, and became a pretty capable mech pilot to boot.
Commander Kiva Andru, Earth Coalition Space Force
Time-traveling Ace test pilot from the year 3037 and MEGAS' original pilot. When Earth fell to the Glorft, she and MEGAS were sent back to the 21st century in order to prepare the world for the inevitable conflict. However, upon arriving in 2004, she found that MEGAS had arrived seven decades earlier, spent much of the interval rusting in a Jersey junkyard - and was ultimately salvaged and modified beyond her capability to pilot by Coop. Making the best of an insane situation, she reluctantly assumed the role of Coop's tactical adviser against the Glorft.