These are the people who engage in an eternal struggle across thousands of galaxies...
open/close all folders
These are the men who stole from the pirates and began their own Journey...
Samantha "Sam" Glassman
An 18 year old girl, Sam wields Katara's waterbending, and is a member of the Brotherhood.
"As leader of this group, I order all of you to STOP FIGHTING!"
Roy Mustang, is, well, Roy Mustang. However, he is actually a shard, and has taken over the body of Michael Lichand. Michael was a rationalist and believed that there was a logical way for everything, keeping most of his emotions bottled up. A bit greedy and ambitious.
"Will you confirm if your mission matches that of the Red Pirate's goal of unlocking the secrets of the "Power"?"
N.A.V.I. is the Ha'tak's AI, and has become a mentor for the heroes, discussing about what is going on and alerting them of any dangers. Her avatar is a small light sphere with wings. After being reprogrammed by Viktor, N.A.V.I. no longer was with the Red Pirates and became the main ship for the Imperium.
Formerly the Blue Spirit, Alicia went through a brief stint with Dai-Shocker in order to conquer the world of Avatar. All so she could be with John.
After getting control of her body back, she decided to go along with John and the Imperium.
John "Krautman" S. Now John Noelle
"My name is Kamen Rider OOO. I'd say it's nice to meet you, but..."
A southern man who received the powers of Kamen Rider OOO
"Have you ever had the feeling to scream to someone 'IT'S A TRAP!', but no matter how loud you scream, they can't hear you because you're separated by a screen? That's how I felt during the show's run... Seeing everyone suffering... I... I wanted to save them somehow. But... I couldn't.
A former Starbucks employee, Nicholas meet a tragic end when he was shot by a robber. However, through Tsukasa's tinkering, he was reborn, now with a Color Timer
acting as his heart. Although he was forced to join Dai-Shocker, he betrayed Tsukasa the first chance he got, mostly out of fear.
After his death, he is revived by Ultraman Zero and is now enabled to transform into him. However, he was soon equipped with Rider
's Shard, giving him several of his Noble Phantasms and Sparda.
- Cool Sword: The Sparda that Rider gives him.
- Diving Save: He saved Madoka by pushing her out of the way...
- Dual Wielding/Double Weapon/Chest Blaster: The Zero Sluggers. Alone, they are just boomerang daggers, but when combined, they act as a double bladed sword, and when combined with the Color Timer, fires off a beam.
- De-power: Dr. Maki manages to extract Rider's Shard from Nicholas.
- Heroic BSOD: Gets this when Sayaka contracts, knowing that her fate's sealed. The two guys on the train didn't help matters. And hearing of Mami's Witchification just made things very worse.
- Heroic Resolve: When Mami nearly dies from Kios' attack, he cuts through the ribbons and gives Kios a Muscle Millennium.
- Hidden Depths: Nicholas turns out to show real concern for fictional characters, especially since he can now interact with them like they are real people.
- Keet: He is very excitable when it comes to journeying, such as his squeeing when he arrived in the World of Hook.
- Large Ham: While he does have some ham in him, he usually does leaves the hamminess to Rider or Yami, for by possessing him, they project their voice. Invoked by Nicholas to Rider when he gets him to say the "My Bro Is Dead" speech in the "Rufio: Make Him Pay" episode.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Receives some form of this after dying. He has no idea who Homura is other than the uniform she wears and gets parts of his memory back whenever certain words are announced.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Often tends to run into danger.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: The power to become Ultraman Zero.
- Super Mode: Rider's Shard, though this isn't exactly Super Mode material... until Rider possesses him that is or he pulls off a Noble Phantasm.
- Mook-Face Turn: After learning that Tsukasa's first act right after he joined is to murder a girl and that the ship is already taken by a group of people, he betrays him and joins the group.
- Power Crystal: In the form of his Color Timer.
- Samaritan Syndrome: Has this form of complex towards fictional characters.
- Super OCD: Shows a lot of this in Madoka's World, remembering every plot important event to a T.
- Transformation Trinket: The Zero Lens.
- True Colors: It took some time to show, but with the knowledge that once fictional characters are now real, he became determined to save people.
August L. Satou-Diamanti
"""I am August L. Satou-Diamanti, future Emperor of Dai-Shocker, and you are a monster wearing my father's face. Die.""
A hyperactive eight-year-old who was formerly being raised by Dai-Shocker and sees himself as the rightful heir to the Daishouryuu's empire. After his adoptive father Kios was absorbed by the homunculii and then Majora, August severed all ties with the Empire and swore revenge against everyone who broke his family up. He also happens to be August Lim, former Number Two
of the Brotherhood's current leader, though it's uncertain if he remembers this or not.
- Tyke Bomb:Formerly this for Dai-Shocker, but in the process of being disarmed.
- Face Heel Revolving Door
- First August was loyal to the Brotherhood, then he defected to Dai-Shocker, only to admit that he was a Fake Defector just in time to be turned into a child and brainwashed for real, then joining the Checkmate Four once they split off from Dai-Shocker and finally rejoining The Brotherhood as of Buffy's World by which point he was an entirely different person.
- Shapeshifting: After a spell imprinted itself on his shard, August gained the ability to go between being a child, a sword, and a scythe.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: He apparently gained his Power Shard when it fell out of the sky and impaled him in the head.
- Swiss Army Weapon: After a curse imprinted on his shard, August gained the ability to change between human, arming sword and Scythe forms.
- Badass Adorable: A hyperactive, Cuddle Bug of who looks like a six-year-old and once dueled a humanoid abomination samurai to a draw.
- Master Swordsman: He has all the memories and experiences of one, and it shows.
- The Gunslinger: Can easily become this if there are no swords available, complete with Improbable Aiming Skills.
- Older Than They Look: a mild example but he's short for his age and looks about six years old rather than eight.
- Cool Sword: It's his dream to collect them.
- Sinister Scythe: When he's not a child or a Cool Sword, he's this.
- Power Fist: August is capable of absorbing metal into his hand, creating this.
- It was revealed some time ago that he can do this to his entire body in order to become a Chrome Champion.
- Extra Ore Dinary:The main feature of his shard.
- Talking Weapon: He is one, and owns several Empathic Weapons himself.
- Blood Knight: Loves a good fight almost as much as he loves swords.
- Blueand Orange Morality: Goes hand-in-hand with being raised by the villains, and shows when his idea of "fun" includes conning strangers out of their valuables, getting into fights with samurai and trying to eat anything that doesn't beg for its life. All without a hint of malice.
- Berserk Button: Anyone threatening his family, but especially when that person is Masjora.
- Happily Adopted: First by Kios and Lilly, then unofficially by Mutsuki along with Toph-Bei Fong, though he tends to think of any adult who's nice to him as a relative.
- And now, officially by John and Alicia, with Toph as his big sister (although she's not staying with the Noelles)
"You and Viktor will DEAL WITH YOUR FUCKING PROBLEMS, or I'm out."
A 15 year old boy, Falkon spent his time exercising, sleeping, and doing stuff with electronics. When he found a sword, he was transported to the Ha'tak, and is now a member of the Imperium.
Troy 'Knight' T.
A strange, Oriental youth, who, after a fairly long and complicated series of events, is now in possession of his own Transformation Trinket
, a shiny white coat and allied with the Brotherhood. Previous appearance here◊
, new look here.◊
- Angst: Used to be a large chunk of his musings about anything at all.
- Beneath the Mask: Not So Stoic after all. Is actually quite a nice guy, or at least wants to be one - it's just that he can't get over his traumatic past.
- Back from the Dead: After being killed by the cataclysmic explosion caused by his climatic duel with a Grongi on RPM's World... and again when fighting Amazo.
- Curbstomp Battle: Seems to be perpetually stuck in these - out of all the fights he's had in the RP, he's only won one - and even then he failed to achieve his objective. All the others have ended with him dead, dying, or seriously injured. Oddly enough, it's never out of his own weakness - rather, it's because the enemies he takes on are generally so much stronger than him.
- Emotionless Boy: Used to be one on the outside, before Character Development had him Take A Level in Kindness.
- Legacy Character: Of Marvelous, natch, and all the Sentai teams ever, having every single one of their powers in his possession.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: He introduces himself to people only by the name 'Knight.'
- Original Generation: Is becoming this, with the advent of the Legend Brace and his Sealed Forms - with a taste of All Your Powers Combined, too.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Used to have these. Then becoming a zombie kind of removed the need for them.
"Didn't you see what happened? I couldn't even keep up with you without passing out! I'm not gonna be a good teammate!"
Homura mysteriously woke up in Hibiki's World, with no memory of what happened. She soon parterned up with Nicholas and soon joined the Imperium. It should be noted that this is the Homura from the first or so timelines, or rather, Post-Retcon Homura that transformed into First-Timeline Homura
She soon obtained Odin's deck and was able to become Kamen Rider Odin. And soon, half of the tropes get subverted and in trade, she obtains her Badass
A teenager who ended up in the Brotherhood (which was at that time known as the Imperium) after being sucked into the World of Avatar. He wields the Biometals
in his quest to help protect the multiverse.
The Red Pirates
These are the men who struggle to unlock the secrets and died trying... But like a phoenix, they rose from the ashes...
"I had enough of your smug grin and I'm making sure that is wiped clean off!"
Marvelous, like his title dictates, was the leader and founder of The Red Pirates. During a battle over Earth, Marvelous got himself killed destroying a large ship that Tsukasa was on.
However, using a shard from Basco, he survived the attack and recovered. He soon began to rebuild the Red Pirates.
"Looks like I won't be able to become the Pirate King... But you... You can fulfill yours."
Monkey D. Luffy was the first mate of the Red Pirates. Like with Marvelous, he too got himself killed, though not without distracting the enemy ship long enough for Marvelous to form GokaiOh. Former pilot of the Ha'tak which the heroes are currently on.
"I'm trying to prevent this guy from stealing Batman's stuff!
Portgas D. Ace was one of the members of the Red Pirates. During the battle in Wayne Manor, he killed Kaito, taking himself along with the ensuing explosion that destroyed the manor.
Formerly a Red Pirate, Roy left the group when Dai-Shocker invaded his world and killed several people, including his friend, Maes Hughes. However, he gave them his Crystal Shard, which was used by Michael.
After he died in Sonic Adventure 2
, Shadow soon came across some energy that brought him back to life and teleported him to The World That Never Was, where he met Nanabey. He joined out of simple boredom.
Formerly an agent of Dai-Shocker, Luka's mentor, Cain, was killed by Marvelous and revealed to be Kirihiko Sonozaki. After this revelation, she joined with Marvelous to reform the Pirates.
Myrrh EX "Murray"/Cyber-Red
A robot involved in a multiversal entity's quest to create a new, peaceful universe, he got bored very quickly with nothing to fight. He joined up with the Red Pirates in hopes of finding some adventure.
The Dai-Gurren Brigade
These are the pirates who are tasked with retrieving the ship lost in a battle, though their path follows another spiraling trail.
"We no longer fly for the Red Pirates, nor in Captain Marvelous' memory... We fly for the drill that pierced and created the heavens!
Ikari Gai was a Red Pirate who was assigned by Ahim to find the Ha'tak. With an assembled crew, he follows the ship in hopes of getting it. However, he doesn't care for the Pirates anymore, and is now flying for "the drill that pierced and created the heavens". Or rather, that would have been the case had he not gotten one to many What the Hell, Hero? speeches, and regret over following a Mad God who corrupted the cutie into a world crushing monster. After a talk with AkaRed, he gave up his Core Drill in trade for his Gokai Cellular and Ranger Keys, becoming Gokai Silver
"They're tougher than I thought."
Formerly an archeologist, Daring Do was recruited by Gai to help him find the Ha'tak. She is also assigned to scout for him and see what is happening. Through evolving via Spiral Energy, she is now currently a human. She evolved even further and has now taken a form similar to Rainbow Dash.
"I like this... A good fight... This is the kind of fight a wolf would enjoy!"
Chirin was recruited by Gai to help him find the Ha'tak. He is assigned to be his muscle, though he simply wishes to battle nearly everyone. Through evolving via Spiral Energy, he is now currently a human.
Picked up after his final battle with Shiro, Akakabuto was turned into a human by Gai and joined the Dai-Gurren Brigade much to his chagrin.
This is the vast empire that has its dark shroud cast across the many worlds...
The Daishuryou is the leader of Dai-Shocker, a vast empire made of many different technologies and many different worlds. He became a core medal and possessed Kadoya Tsukasa, establishing the vast empire. During a battle over Earth, he and his empire were severely damaged. Now, forming alliances with other people, Tsukasa is preparing to reform Dai-Shocker.
- A God Am I: He has this as his boast when he absorbs the Overlord of Darkness' shard. This becomes more of a boast when he was turned into a Grim Reaper.
- Big Bad: He commands Dai-Shocker, which is currently the biggest threat. He is also responsible to bringing up the other two Big Bads, the Master being a member of Dai-Shocker when Daishoryou took him in, and the Guardian because the constant wars were pissing him to the point where he believes that all life must die.
- Butt Monkey: Yes. You read this right. He has this trope. Despite being the Big Bad, he manages to lose most of his battles, but his battles during the Brotherhood's trip into Yamaku were the worse. First, this was after his ass was handed to by a little girl. After he recovered and went to Yamaku, he was then attacked by another little girl, who is really a very incompetent (and by their standards, insane) alien. Then he got mortally wounded by the member of the Brotherhood that was least likely to do something like that. Adding insult to injury? He then was taken to the gym, where he was shot in the face by Linkara, then was put in a bonfire by Roy. This gets lampshaded by Dr. Maki, who said something on the lines of how the mighty have fallen.
- Expy: Daishuryou has some traces of Lelouch in him. Especially when he attempts to take over The World of Doctor Who, and when his own minions betray him. And as if that wasn't enough, he also has shades of Light with him too. With the revelation that he's really the Great Leader possessing Tsukasa, there's also some comparison to Xehanort. His whole Deal With The Devil schtick can also paint him with the same brush as Xaviax.
- The Grim Reaper: He's become this thanks to Mary's curse.
- Hijacked by Ganon: Turns out he's really the Great Leader of Shocker.
- Knight of Cerebus: Whenever he schemes, things will take a turn for the worse. From having his evil genius make a gun that rips out a soul from someone, to killing a bunch of disabled children and handing a special school over to the Zodiarts.
- Loophole Abuse: This is how he kills Suzaku. In order for the Live command to go active, Suzaku must be made aware that he will die. If he isn't made aware, the command doesn't go off. Not only that, but he also takes in to account another incident involving the Geass (implied to be Shirley from the context he uses) to make sure he stays down, as the command can't work if the person is mortally wounded.
- Manipulative Bastard: He has Sarah think that the Imperium are the bad guys and tell her that the only cure is Nanabey. Turns out he is right, but it turns out that he installed a mutagen in her that will kill her if its extracted.
- Master of None: While he owns a lot of advanced technology and weapons, it turns out that the only thing that he truly knows and can operate really well is his own DecaDriver. Though with EVA-01, it's more because of how it works rather than that he's just not experienced.
- Multiversal Conqueror
- Rainbow Speak: Speaks in pink when he's Decade or when he's in the Farsia.
- And when he is piloting EVA 01, he speaks in purple.
- This now changed thanks to him becoming a Grim Reaper, so that now he speaks in only black and all caps.
- Transformation Trinket: The DecaDriver
"Now I'm gonna collect the treasure of this world."
Kaito was the original Diend and right-hand man to Tsukasa, before getting himself killed in a battle in Wayne Manor.
An eccentric cakebaker and owner of the Kougami Foundation, Kougami is fascinated with the concept of birth. He is also obsessed with OOO, a rider who he claims is a power that's beyond infinity. It's unknown why he's allied with Dai-Shocker, however.
Goto was hired by Kougami to keep an eye on the new OOO and to hand him the Kangaroo Core Medal on top of that. He follows him around, protecting him as Kamen Rider Birth.
The Bird Greeed. Ash had been sealed by Shiba Kaoru
inside a stone statue, until Cain and Luka came and unsealed him. After his confrontation with John, the new OOO, he was defeated and reduced to an arm. He is now possessing Ash Ketchum
After being betrayed by Daishuryou, he began to bleed out Cell Medals, lose control in his right hand, and change hair colors from black to gold. All while asked by Kougami of what he desires the most. He, after conversing with Sam, realizes that his desire is to help people. And so he took the finishing move from Ichigo, having his Core crack. It's revealed that he's an AU version of Lost Ankh
The first Commander sent by Tsukasa to monitor the Recruit's progress in their mission to retributive Orochi. However, he was defeated soon after Orochi was destroyed and now his deck is in the Imperium's hands.
Sealed inside Uramasa, Orochi was a monsterous snake who took the form of a human being when it wasn't time to fight. However, as soon as he was unleashed, he was destroyed by Hibiki's Armed form before he could even join Dai-Shocker.
A scientist working for Tsukasa, Dr. Maki experiments on several items when Lilly left Dai-Shocker. One of his studies was on Falkon's armor, which had him study the power of the Keyblade. This led him to create one of his own, complete with Keyblade Armor.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Uses the knowledge of shards resulting in an Enemy Within scenario to dispatch one of the Ultramen attacking him in Animal Crossing's world. During the revisit of Amestris, he realized he used the wrong shard, lamented that he didn't have The Berserker on him, and then fixed his error with a good old fashioned shot from his Extractor.
- One-Winged Angel: His Greeed Form in the show is now his Keyblade Armor.
"I am the surgeon of reality and life is my operating table!."
A crazed scientist with the power of the mysterious Ope Ope no mi. Completely irredemible and psychotic...or is he?
A seemingly alternate version of Kazuma picked up by the Daishuryou, he became his right-hand man after Wataru betrayed him.
One of Daishuryou's loyal generals. A former administrator reploid from Neo Arcadia, at some point he was accepted into Dai-Shocker and immediately set to work proving himself, hoping to crush Neo Arcadia at some point in the future. Later on he was granted the powers of Gecko Moria
- Royal Rapier: As a Laser Blade, no less, as befitting his theme of elegance. Lacks attack power, but makes up for it with lightning fast thrusts.
- Casting a Shadow: Had shades of this when using the Dark Elf's power, but this is at its most obvious when using his new abilities. He can even steal other people's shadows for his own uses!
- Smug Snake: Elpizo shows great confidence in himself even when it might not be warranted. Similarly, he believes only people who are as "special" as he is can understand him.
- Blondes Are Evil
- Mundane Utility: When he's not fighting the Brotherhood and company, he helps optimise Dai-Shocker's computers and files everything away. He was an administrative reploid after all, and it's hard to break away from your programming entirely.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: Par for the course as a reploid.
- Weak, but Skilled: Lacking a high performance or combat rated body, Elpizo can only just compete with most of the heroes, much less the most powerful ones. This has become less prominent as he's begun to tap into his shadow abilities.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Elpizo wants to bring down the dictatorial regime of Neo Arcadia... by annihilating it outright. This isn't helped by his extreme persecution complex and paranoia that Neo Arcadia is out to get him, which is what drives a great deal of his actions.
- Eye Scream: In Gotham he got hit hard in the face by a baseball bat travelling at superhuman speeds. The results... weren't pretty, to say the least.
These are the gods who look over the multiverse and interfere when necessary.
The Watcher of the Past I/Akemi Homura
"There is nothing you could have done to prevent Portgas Ace's death... He and Daiki Kaito were fated to die.
As her name implies, the Watcher of the Past looks over the pasts of the multiverse, and has the power to travel to the past when needed. Soon, she was revealed to be Akemi Homura from the post Cosmic Retcon timeline
The Watcher Of The Past II/Homulilly
As soon as the first Watcher was demoted, the second rose up as Homura's Witch, Homulilly. She joined the Monitors under the offer that Madoka will live in a world where she never dies.
"The DEAD END of a traveler shall be and always will be by the hands of another traveler.
Deus Ex Machina is, for lack of a better term, a god in his world. Due to his role in the show in handing out diaries that predicted the future, Deus is the Seer of the Future, who, as the name implies, can see the future.
- Batman Gambit: His plan in Madoka's world. All he had to do was let everyone go crazy, give The Watcher a challenge, talk with Hitomi and Homura about Kyousuke and the travelers respectively, then let everything unfold. In the end, He managed to get rid of the original Watcher and replace her with a more obedient one.
- Manipulative Bastard: He swindled Hitomi into becoming a yandere just by handing her a diary containing all of Kyousuke's future entries regarding Sayaka's relationship with him and encouraging her to change it, not only that, he also simply told Homura that the involvement of travelers is what's causing these changes and let her despair do the rest, then offer her to join him.
- Physical God
- Screw Destiny: Like the Watcher, he doesn't mind if someone manages to change their outcome and even downright encourages it, though to him it just delays the inevitable. Especially when it comes to travelers.
- Your Days Are Numbered: Just like in Mirai Nikki, Deus is dying, though it turns out his death is prolonged by Spiral Energy
"I created the multiverse with my own hands... Mark my words: I shall open a hole in the universe. And that hole will open a path for those in front of us. The dreams of those who've fallen. The hopes of those who'll follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix. Drilling a path towards tomorrow. I am Heaven Piercer. I am Crimson Face. I am the drill... that created the heavens.
Much like his peers, the Guardian is a god-like entity who is charged to monitor everything going on in the universe. Because of this, he is the most active Monitor and is too busy to take part in the battle, unlike his peers.
- Badass Cape: Has a red flaming cape that he uses as a shield.
- Cool Shades
- Energy Being: He's apparently a being made of cyan fire. Turns out its Spiral Energy.
- Guardian of the Multiverse: And the only one who actually does his job.
- Hijacked by Ganon: It turns out that he's really the Anti-Spiral reincarnated into a STTGL like being.
- Jerkass Genie: How does he "honor" Homulilly's wish of "a world for Madoka where she never dies or contracts"? Through Loophole Abuse. Make Madoka an immortal travelernote and bypass the contracting process and skipping directly to the Witchification part.
- Leitmotif: His theme.
- OC Stand In: Given how in the source material, he was not only a mecha, and thus has no actual personality, but he was also an Eleventh Hour Super Power, he became this. Subverted, as he turns out to be The Anti-Spiral.
- Physical God
- Rainbow Speak: Speaks in teal, the closest thing to cyan. In Beyond Beyond The Impossible, he speaks perfect cyan.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Is willing to destroy one world just to kill all the major players. Then corrupts the cutie into becoming his Apocalypse Maiden, then when that doesn't work, hands Zearth over to her.
These nigh-powerful beings are on-par with the Monitors, though they do not follow their beliefs, or downright oppose them.
The spirit of all the Red Senshi, AkaRed came from the Original Gokaiger's World to warn the Alternate Gokaiger's world's version of Ahim of the Legend Xros Wars, a devastating war. Later, he goes to Gai and talks him into joining Xros Heart fully and to give him the Core Drill in trade for a Gokai Cellular and access to his Ranger Keys
After a bunch of Loophole Abuse
, Kaname Madoka soon changed into Madokami, a kind-hearted goddess of hope who whisks away magical girls when they become Witches as part of her wish to destroy every single Witch possible. However, there are certain limitations to this, such as if the Witch is protected by a more powerful being.
The Pantheon of the Demented
These are the demented travelers whose only goal in life is to fool around...
"Time for swirls, Grasshopper!"
Mary is a 12 year old ex-Street Urchin
, who found a strange mask that teleported her to the World of Phantoms, before leading her in a quest to beat "The Game", level by level. Majora, or Majora's Mask, is a sentient mask which was stolen by Dai-Shocker, before falling into a bush in Louisiana. After being found by Mary, it began a quest for vengeance against Tsukasa and his empire which it considered completed by turning him into a near-immortal Grim Reaper
Mia Cadenza & Kyurem
Mia was a girl whose life was shattered by the manipulations of a boy and attempted to kill herself. However, Kyurem's shard intervened and saved her life. Now, she's a psychopath who follows the Demented around in order to find a sense of belonging.
These are the men who stood up and said 'Enough!' to Tsukasa.
Lilly was originally blind since birth, but when Tsukasa passed into her world and gave her a small bat by the name of Kivara, she soon began to heal. Though she is still blind, when she and Kivara fuse, she can see clearly.
But soon, she was killed by Tsukasa after she tried to save her husband, Kios, from Envy. She was brought back to life as a Fangire, with the rank of Queen.
Formerly one of Tsukasa's many generals, Wataru formed the Checkmate Four out of destiny rather than hate for Tsukasa. He took the rank of King and never looked back.
Initially imprisoned by Tsukasa, he was let free to be his backup fighter, but when Tsukasa killed Lilly, he began to paint Tsukasa with the same brush he used for Lelouch and decided to join the Checkmate Four as their Rook.
- The Brute: Though he may not look like it, his Geass-induced immortality, as well as the fact that he makes up for his lack of a Rider suit with a mecha makes him a threat to be considered. Daishuryou fixes the latter by dismantling Lancelot, and finds a way to override the Geass and mortally wound Suzaku.
- Killed Off for Real In the Back
These are the people who have taken no side in the conflict, and forge their own path.
A Homunculus created from the body of a brainwashed Ty Lee.
Her body is composed of clay, allowing her to take on various forms and making her very durable.
"Are you sure you want a fraction of your power... your life... extracted?"
Nanabey is an Incubator
, though unlike other members of her clan, she isn't a Manipulative Bastard
, and is more broken by the affairs.
- Back from the Dead: Pulls off this trope twice.
- Break the Cutie: Kyubey pretty much told her she was trash and that she was no longer an Incubator. This caused Nanabey to despair.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Shows to have one, in which she was abused by some Puella Magi (and manipulated by them into becoming a broken and less effective Incubator) before Marvelous came and saved her.
- Face-Heel Turn: Allies with Kios simply because he promises to protect her.
- Faking the Dead: She decides that it would be best if everyone thought she was dead, so she decided to go out fighting the Big Bad, then stealthily consume her corpse and hide away in Etna's castle.
- Hidden Depths: When talking with Jen about her soul gem, she expressed that had she known about the shard turning into a gem, she would have prevented it. There's also the fact that she's emotional. As it turns out, it's because she was wished into having emotions, and even wished into being able to extract a fraction of a soul instead of the whole thing, and when those wishes backfired, she was hunted down.
- Humanity Ensues: Gai uses some Spiral Energy to evolve Nanabey into a more human-like form.
- Team Pet
- Took a Level in Badass: Kicked the Great Leader's ass and split him up with Tsukasa. She even died while doing it.
- Mentor Mascot
"Some people confuse me for a guy in their world. A guy who just sits on a couch and reads comic books, and makes a living telling people how much they suck."
Lewis is the right hand man in Tsukasa's new army after his old one, Kaito, died. Armed with both the DiendDriver and his magic gun, Linkara promises to save his world and his sister.
However, when Daishuryou killed Lilly, he decided to leave him and form the Checkmate Four, though one Heel Realization
from him caused Linkara to join right next to him. Then when he found out what he did to Lilly's World, he back stabbed Daishuryou yet again and this time making sure his stabbing did him in. When it didn't stick, he made sure Daishoryou was pretty weak by removing the Overlord shard.
A new combatant who just recently joined the fray by dropkicking his way through a portal. Carries the Green Morpher
; and has not joined a faction yet.
The Hades Party
The newest faction whose members are situated in Hell. Perhaps the most lighthearted and silly of the bunch.
- Handicapped Badass: Much weaker due to fasting from blood. Only just recently gotten a smidgen of his true power back.
"That... th-the moon... blew it up..."
- Wave Motion Sword: Anno has a copy of all of Saber's abilities, including her Noble Phantasms. So far, Excalibur has been used to help blow up Hyrule's moon.
Jonathan/Jennifer Rose/Oktavia von Seckendorff
Settle in kids, this is a long one.
Joined the Imperium after finding Sayaka
's power shard on his bookshelf. Later captured by Dai-Shocker, implanted with a Star Shard extracted from Fate Testarossa, and subsequently brainwashed/adopted by Princess Azula and Ozu the Multi-King. The two were later separated and she re-joins the group, receiving the Nadeshiko Driver in the process.
- And I Must Scream: Gets reduced to nothing more than a voice and a faint image inside her own head after her body gets hijacked by the implanted Star Shard.
- Ascended Fangirl: At least initially.
- Becoming the Mask: Fate's Star Shard completely overrides her mind, burying her old identity.
- To a lesser extent, the image of herself as Sayaka's doppelgänger has become how she sees herself when she's just an image in "Fate"'s mind, rather than her old appearance.
- Break the Cutie: She's been kidnapped, twice, Mind Raped at least once, brainwashed twice into believing she was someone else (although to be fair the second time that happened to almost everyone), pushed to the edge of Witching out, and then actually pushed into Witching out. Girl's had it rough over the course of the story.
- Catch Phrase: "I don't want to talk about it" tends to come up when someone asks who she is.
- Eldritch Abomination: Gets forcibly turned into a Witch during the Season One finale.
- Fountain of Youth: Goes from nineteen to fourteen at the same time as the Gender Bender happens. Later drops down to nine, and then goes back to fourteen again.
- Gender Bender / Super Gender-Bender: The end result of picking up a power shard of a Puella Magi.
- Heel Face Door Slam: Michael made it very clear she wasn't welcome in the Imperium any more. The other members were inclined to disagree.
- Magical Girl: At least until she lost her shards. Then she got turned back into one after getting another Soul Gem pulled out of her.
- Second Law of Gender Bending: As far as she's concerned, she's a fourteen year old girl, rather than a nineteen year old guy stuck in the body of one. Not that this has actually been mentioned in the story.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: Most obvious during the Hades arc.
- Technical Pacifist: Has stated she would rather not kill someone unless she really has to, and will tend to use a Zat gun rather than her regular weapons.
- Teens Are Short: Played straight, then averted; initially starts at 5'4", which is fairly below average for an English male, however, due to the shard turning him into a clone of the person who spawned it, she now stands at 5'2", about average for a Japanese female.
- Vapor Wear: A side effect of her body changing but not her clothes. Doesn't notice until it's pointed out.
- You Can't Go Home Again / Stranger in a Familiar Land: Feels this way as a result of everything that's happened to her. Although she also knew she'd either die or go Witch long before it became an issue. Whilst the Witchification risk has gone, the death possibility remains.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Another effect of the shard.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A in her first transformed state, and B / C in two of her untransformed outfits.
"Wait wait wait. Why is my class listed as "Pervert"?"
- Anything That Moves
- Cat Girl: Reincarnated into one after dying in a training session gone wrong.
- Humongous Mecha: None other than Mazinger Z itself!
- Noodle Incident: How she came to know Chi-Chi. Apparently it involved her making a pass at her, the results of which led to her becoming absolutely terrified of Chi-Chi.
- Training from Hell: Literally. Unfortunately the first attempt at this led to her being one-hit killed by a nekomata, leading to her reincarnation as one herself.
A Hylian maid who got sucked into the multiversal conflict and into an alternate Hyrule where Zoras had massacred most of humanity. For a time, she worshipped Envyjora, and even brainwashed Ty Lee to join them willingly, and as a reward she was turned into a succubus. She immediately made a pass at Ty Lee, and then when the girl was turned into a homunculus, her as well. After separation from Envyjora and hearing about his madness and evil deeds, however, she swore loyalty to Etna in return for helping her feed. Her personality is currently in flux, varying between her well-meaning (if perverted) original personality and that of a full blown succubus. It may take a while to level out.
"Well, that was good for a warm up, I suppose."
"You know how we've threatened to destroy the planet before and plotted to destroy the moon for fun? I think now's the time to do it."
"Don't need to tell me twice sir, time to run!"
Lacking any real powers, Thomas more than makes up for his inability to fight, by having a somewhat extreme tendancy to run away from said fights. When not found running away from one thing or another, he's often found making huge, accidental mistakes and slip ups. He takes his 'powers' from Rincewind, of the Discworld series, likely among the worst Wizzards in history.
A pretty normal 15 year old, he was a big fan of video games and gained his powers when he impaled himself with the Power Shard. He can now change jobs like Onion Kid, allowing him to cast magic, run at incredible speeds, and perform feats of superhuman strength.
- Black Mage: One of George's jobs, the Black Mage, is this.
- Magic Knight: One of George's jobs, the Scholar, is this.
- Red Mage: One of George's jobs, the Red Mage, is this.
- White Mage: One of George's jobs, the White Mage, is this.
"There has to be a light shining in the multiverse. I shall be that light!"
The brother of David Shine. A kind easygoing boy of fifteen who pretends to be much older. He ate a devil fruit and gained the ability to bend light to his will
Young man from Belarus who had obtained the Book Of Prophecy
, later gaining Eternal's Lost Driver and set of Gaia Memories
and coming into possession of Caster, Assassin and Lancer Shards from the Fourth Grail War
- Combo Splatter Powers: more so than everybody, the Book allows him to generate Gaia Memories embodying nearly everything. In addition, he is the source of some of OOO's Medals. Then there are Servant Shards that are yet on standby...
- Combinatorial Explosion: with 26 Maximum Drive slots and nigh-unlimited amount of Memories to use in them, the amount of combinations is completely overwhelming.
- Mega Manning: capable of doing this by copying Code layouts in the Book of Prophecy and thus create Memories, Medals and Switches that mimic them. Has done so with Double, Accel, Eternal and Model Z Biometal so far.
- Self Insert: as mandatory. Though superpowers induce a rush of changes.
- Vain Sorcerer: differences in appearance between the real player and Self Insert are explained as such.
A woman who's received the powers of Drawcia
A fairly normal high schooler from California who finds a shard after the last day of school concludes. He joins the Brotherhood when he realizes he finally has the chance to be a hero.
"I'll kill them.. I'll kill them all!"
Philosopher loves to think. The idea of time travel was very alluring to him so when he got the Tardis he got notes from his future self how to work it. With his loose restrain on time travel a timecollapse seems likely. He is working with the Imperium at the moment because they are 'exciting'.
Emperor Viktor Novak Brown
"Welcome, mortal! I am Emperor Viktor Novak Brown. This is my ship."
A 20 year old Hooligan that had come back to life as an Orphnoch due to a shard landing on his corpse when he got run over by a truck. Unlike the other members of Dai Shocker, He joined not out of any noble cause in his heart or because he wanted to be normal, But because he wanted to dominate over a kingdom to call his own and do whatever he pleases with his future subjects. And He believes that Tsukasa can provide what he wants.
After Linkara left the Checkmate Four, he was made the new Bishop.
XFL Superpro/Delusion the Superpro
XFL Superpro was created in secret by a failed American football league. Ten years of time in stasis more than he should have had have turned into an insane and violent man who is also incredibly dumb and terrible at making pop culture references.
"No. I'm not the killing type... And, even if I were, you're more valuable to me alive then dead."
Kios E. Diamanti
"Humanity is stupid. How else can they believe in my lies?"
Kios is a 27 year old man who lost his mother at the age of thirteen- not that he really cared. You see, years of being ignored by his only parent and the fact that she was a failed con artist transformed Kios in a con artist that operates by a no friends rule: he believes they only slow you down. After years of scamming rich people (whom he considers scum) and changing from apartment to apartment, he joined the Dai-Shockers and obtained the powers from Envy
, all to complete his goal of obtaining total power and fame- thanks to an attention-seeking complex.
- Becoming the Mask: Kios is slowly becoming more like Envy- and sometimes, the homunculus can take over Kios body.
- Con Man: Kios was this before joining Dai-Shocker.
- Deal with the Devil: Kios agrees to work for Tsukasa in exchange for power and a cure for his headaches.
- Doppelgänger: Kios has used his shapeshifting abilities to impersonate several people, most often August or Michael
- Dragon with an Agenda: After realising his powers are more than what they look like, he begins to scheme other plans
- Freudian Excuse: Kios was ignored by his mother, which served an important role in transforming him in a conman.
- Friendless Background
- Healing Factor: Thanks to his Shapeshifting abilities, Kios will almost immediately heal his wounds, and has survived a bullet in his skull, as well as a explosion of Fire Alchemy.
- Hearing Voices: The Homunculi constantly talk with him.
- Leonine Contract: see Deal with the Devil example above.
- Loners Are Freaks: He can be considered a sociopath due to his anti-social, apathetic, and even bat-shit insane personality.
- Magical Eyes: When Kios absorbs Wrath, his eye is tattooed, and gains the ability to perceive actions in the immediate future.
- Manipulative Bastard: His job requires him to be one.
- Power of Trust: He uses it to scam/trick people.
- Rainbow Speak: He speaks in gray only.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: Kios favorite weapon is his arm, which he has turned into a sword numerous times, and a snake once.
- The Dragon
- You Do NOT Want To Know: When he asks what the mysterious red stone that cures his hunger, headache and bloodlust is made of, he receives this as an answer.