A type of walk where the character swings their arms back and forth while skipping. This is a visual clue of that the character is young or immature. Characters that walk like this are most likely a Cheerful Child
or a Genki Girl
. If it is not the character’s default walk it is sign of joyousness. Almost always done exclusively by females
. Bonus points for whistling
while doing this.
Related to Girly Run
- The Smurfs: The Smurfette often does this when she joyfully has a walk in the forest, in various albums of the series.
- The Wizard of Oz: Dorothy, the Tin Man, Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion.
- In the film of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Luna skips. This is never mentioned in the books, but it fits her character perfectly.
- Bellatrix also does this briefly in the same movie, right after murdering a named character.
- Buddy does this in Elf.
- Doctor Who: The little girl in "Remembrance of the Daleks" skips around town when she's not plugged into the Dalek battle computer. She's not exactly "innocent", though.
- Lindsey Stirling's dances often include skips and jumps as she plays her violin, grinning.
- AJ does this only she's not innocent
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Pinkie Pie skips more often than she walks. Though without the arm-swinging as she doesn't really have any. Given that she is a quadruped, the way she skips looks like bouncing.
- Charlotte from Making Fiends. Only in the TV show.