- Accidental Innuendo: Majora's bonding with Mary can easily be seen as sexual, despite having not been written with that intent.
- Nanabey being "protected" and wanting "protection" seemed innocent enough. Then Marvelous started acting like a Bastard Boyfriend towards her, Nanabey being "protected" by Etna had much innuendo and then the player used the phrase "getting it on" in regards to "protecting" Nanabey. If "protection" is innuendo, then she Really Gets Around.
- Cargo Ship: So far August has shown far more interest in swords than he has in any person.
- Applies also for Jolokia, especially since it's been revealed that her first love was Save the Queen.
- Complete Monster: Tsukasa. Not only is he a Manipulative Bastard towards multiple people, but his playing around with the Power Shards have probably made him pretty low. Not only does he manage to mutate Power Shards so their holders will die if they are taken out, but he's managed to have Lilly invent a gun that can downright kill someone, turning them into a Power Shard. This guy has already went around ruining the lives of anyone he comes across. However, after revealing that he's really The Great Leader possessing Tsukasa, and that he took the Overlord's shard, he actually becomes worse than originally thought.
- Fridge Brilliance: In the Avatar arc, Alicia, with Azula as a shard, takes over the world under the Fire Nation's hold. John tries to stop her, but he becomes possessed by King OOO, the original user of the OOO Driver, who soon becomes the king of the new nation. One of OOO's super modes, which has a Playing with Fire attribute, has a Phoenix motif, and thus, he could probably be called the Phoenix King.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- The Red Pirates' home base is a ruined and destroyed Rabbit Hutch. The Hutch actually gets destroyed near the end of the show.
- In the RPG, Lewis Lovhaug, better known as Linkara, is a villain working for Dai-Shocker. It wasn't until later when it's revealed that Linkara was slowly turning evil in his latest arc. However, this is mitigated by the fact that Lewis is an Alternate Universe version and he only joined Dai-Shocker out of his desire to save his sister.
- The Watcher of the Past argues that the ending to Madoka Magica was the best ending to be achieved in that world. Had she not gone with Deus and became a Monitor, she would have figured out (to her) an even better one.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In the RPG, Luffy is a Red Pirate. Sometime later, he soon becomes one in a future movie.
- Moral Event Horizon
- While it's probable that The Great Leader crossed this a long time ago, during the course of the story, he kills Lilly for trying to get Kios back from Envy. Even if she gets better, the Great Leader still crosses the line soon after. Just because she betrayed him, he goes over to her world, kills a bunch of her friends, all with disabilities like her, takes one to be a robotic slave, and then hands the school over to the Zodiarts, who have their experience turning students into sociopathic monsters. It gets to the point where his two dragons found out about Lilly's death, and they decide to betray Dai-Shocker and work to overthrow him.
- Then there's the Guardian's method of keeping peace. He takes someone's wish to his advantage and curses Madoka, a broken cutie, with immortality. Then has his men take her in. With her in the care of the Guardian's best man, you'd think that'd be the end of her troubles, but no. Then the Guardian pulls her into a meeting, where he unlocks the Dark Messiah within her and turns her into Kriemhild Gretchen, just so that she can use her powerful barrier spell. The very same spell that would have destroyed the earth in ten days. For even more hindsight, the Guardian is Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and this is pretty similar to how the Anti-Spiral corrupted Nia. In short: The Guardian just stooped to the lows of the very people he was made to fight. All in the name of protecting the multiverse. And this was just after he contemplated destroying a world just to be rid of some travelers that have been messing up the multiverse.
- Even more in hindsight is the fact that The Guardian turns out to be the Anti-Spiral corrupted into STTGL.
- Lilly crosses this too when she kills Fate.
- Squick: Majora's bonding with Mary can be this.
- Trapped by Mountain Lions: The Hades Party had this for a good chunk of the run.
YMMV / Journey Through the Multiverse
YMMV in Journey Through the Multiverse.