Our Real American Heroes.
Real Name: Shana O'Hara
Birthplace: Atlanta, GA
Voice Actor: Natalia Cigliuti
- Action Girl: A Double Subversion. She's supposedly a desk jockey Army intelligence officer, who for some reason is put in charge of a field operation leading GIs. It turns out she has a very good reason for being there and is a competent soldier.
- Brief Accent Imitation: During "Busted" when Scarlett disguises herself as trailer park baby mama complete with the most overbearing accent you can imagine. Easily her Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father was a Cobra scientist who was said to not have survived when his lab blew-up. She never mentioned this, because she fears the team would think she's out purely for revenge. Yet she would not known of Cobra otherwise.
- Ensign Newbie: A borderline example.
- The Lancer
- McNinja: Snake Eyes was her sensei, so she's got some tricks up her sleeve.
- Memento MacGuffin: Her locket her father gave her.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Redheaded Hero
- Running Gag: Any time someone says they like a particular product or service, Scarlett reveals it's a COBRA subsidiary, and reminds the person that COBRA is evil.
- Supporting Leader: The highest ranking member of The Team and really the forefront of the fight against Cobra. However, Duke is The Hero from a narrative point of view.
- Translator Buddy: She always understands what Snake Eyes might be "saying".
Real Name: Conrad Hauser
Birthplace: St Louis, Missouri
Voice Actor: Jason Marsden
- A Father to His Men: True to his original 1983 file-card characterisation, he consistently puts the welfare of his subordinates above everything else.
- All American Face
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: What's that, Duke? Those people need help? But what about Flint chasing you down... oh, never mind.
- The Engineer: Not quite, but he's had ordnance tech training, and has "cleared his share of mines".
- The Hero: Though Scarlet is technically his CO, and she's the one leading the fight against Cobra, Duke is The Hero from a narrative standpoint.
- Honour Before Reason: He sticks around to help people, even if it means risking capture.
- A flashback shows that he even refused a medal for saving a comrade's life because it was his error that caused the situation in the first place (in his mind, anyway). Also, he and Lady Jaye are tight because he disobeyed orders to save her life.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Duke's facial structure is a lot like Marsden's.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right: Disobeyed orders to save Lady Jaye's life.
- Supporting Protagonist: See The Hero.
Real Name: ?
Voice Actor: Danny Cooksey
- The Ace: Snake Eyes does something hilariously overpowered in almost every episode
- Badass Longcoat: Picks one up after the team starts moving towards civilian clothing.
- Clothing Damage: It's not really played for fanservice, but his bodysuit tends to take a mauling on a significantly more regular basis than most of the other Joes' outfits.
- Combat Pragmatist: Hello, Sword Duel. Snake Eyes would like to introduce you to his friend, Grenades.
- Dynamic Entry: He's almost never seen traveling with the other Joes at the beginning of an episode. He prefers to make a more dramatic entrance, out of nowhere, occasionally by dropping into view kicking someone in the head.
- Dual Wielding: Has a penchant for going Guns Akimbo or using two swords, depending on the situation.
- The Faceless: His face is never revealed to the audience.
- Glass Cannon: You have to hit him first, but if you can get him down, this Snake Eyes has a tendency to stay down for a while.
- Heroes Prefer Motorcycles: Snake-Eyes steals a motorcycle from a villain and rides it for the rest of the series.
- Implausible Fencing Powers: He can block lasers with his swords. Lasers. As Roadblock says:
- Informed Loner: Yeah, he hangs out with no less than four other people. The only reason he's there, though, is because Scarlett asked him to be.
- Leitmotif: To emphasize the fact that he is a ninja, anytime Snake Eyes is on screen doing anything the music switches to Eastern pipes.
- McNinja: White guy who joined a Japanese ninja clan.
- Mighty Whitey: As usual, the greatest member of the Japanese ninja clan is the Caucasian Snake Eyes.
- Mysterious Past: While we're shown how he became a kickass Ninja, we don't know his real name.
- Nightmare Face: Implied. When the Dreadnoks took off his visor, they really didn't like what they saw under there. In "Revelations - Part 1," it is implied that the lab explosion is the reason he wears a full face mask.
- Poor Communication Kills: Being a mute makes exonerating yourself from a crime you didn't commit really difficult.
- Sixth Ranger: It's not even clear if he's a member of the armed forces, but he's certainly more detached from The Team, more powerful and mysterious.
- The Speechless, The Voiceless: His throat was cut with a shuriken.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: He and Batman should have a competition. And no one would know who the winner was.
Real Name: Marvin Hinton
Birthplace: Biloxi, Mississippi
Voice Actor: Kevin Michael Richardson
- The Big Guy
- Expy: Of BA Baraccus.
- Gentle Giant: More than willing to use his size to scare bad guys, but actually one of the friendliest and most easy-going members of the team.
- Improbable Hairstyle: Sports a massive set of muttonchop sideburns even prior to being forced to go on the run from the Army as a renegade.
- Metalhead: Loves his metal music, much to Tunnel Rat's chagrin.
- Mr. Fixit: First shown underneath a car, and is the main force keeping The Coyote up and running.
Real Name: Nicky Lee
Rank: Private First Class
Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York
Voice Actor: Matthew Yang King
Real Name: Wallace Weems
Rank: Private First Class
Birthplace: Columbus, Ohio
Voice Actor: Khary Payton
Real Name: Alvin Kibbey
Voice Actor: Greg Ellis
Other US Military Personnel
Technically, GI Joe isn't an official organization in this treatment; only those who are actually doing The A-Team
thing are Joes. Other US miltary personnel featured on the show include:
Birthplace: Denver, Colorado
Voice Actor: Lee Majors
Real Name: Dashiell Fairborne
Birthplace: Wichita, Kansas
Voice Actor: Johnny Messner
- Butt Monkey
- Failure Is the Only Option: Even when he actually catches the Joes it's only temporary.
- Good Is Not Nice: He's definitely on the heroic side of things and does what's right, but he's a bit of a Jerk Ass.
- Inspector Javert: If you look at it from his point of view, the Joes don't have any proof that Cobra was manufacturing Bio-Vipers and they all have various reasons for blowing up the plant (money troubles, criminal histories, etc.) He does promise Duke to look after the families of the Joes when Duke's brother turns them in.
- Jerk Jock: His first line of dialogue with Duke is referencing a time he sacked him in a football game.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Especially with Duke before they became friends. Even a litte after.
- The Rival: To Duke
Real Name: Alison Hart-Burnett
Birthplace: Bridgewater, Massachussets
Voice Actor: Nika Futterman
- Action Girl
- I Owe You My Life: During a mission, her helicopter crashed. Duke abandoned the mission to go save her life. It was because of this that she believes Duke and the other Joes are innocent, and covertly aides them.
- The Mole: Helping the Joes out.
They are the Enemy...but no one knows it.
Real Name: ?
Alias: Adam DeCobray
Voice Actor: Charlie Adler
Real Name: Anastasia Cisarovna
Voice Actor: Tatyana Yassukovich
Real Name: Brian Bender
Voice Actor: Charlie Schlattler
Real Name: Sebastian Bludd
Voice Actor: André Sogliuzzo
Real Name: Tomisaburo Arashikage
Voice Actor: Andrew Kishino
- Always Someone Better: Storm Shadow always felt second to Snake Eyes.
- Cain and Abel: Jinx describes the relationship between Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes as this.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Though inverted from the norm, as heroic Snake Eyes is dressed in black, and Anti-Villain Storm Shadow is dressed in white.
- Combat Pragmatist: After Snake Eyes brings a grenade to a sword fight, Storm Shadow uses explosives in his next engagement, and sees no problem working with COBRA if it helps him kill Snake Eyes.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The only people who have lasted longer than a few seconds in a fight with him are Snake Eyes and Jinx.
- Dual Wielding
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja
- It's Personal: He believes Snake Eyes murdered his uncle.
- It was actually an accident that Hard Master was poisoned. Storm Shadow wanted to poison Snake Eyes but the cups were switched beforehand. When Storm Shadow learned of this, he dropped his grudge (but not his hatred) and went ronin.
- Offscreen Teleportation: Somehow goes from being kicked off the roof of a fast moving train, and clearly landing on the ground, to appearing in a train carriage about a minute later.
- Rival Turned Evil
- Stealth Hi/Bye
Real Name: James McCullen
.Voice Actor: Clancy Brown
- A Father to His Men
- Arms Dealer
- Batman Gambit: Failed spectacularly due to severely underestimating Adam DeCobray/Cobra Commander.
- Mark of Shame: The famous metal mask is that this time and was Cobra Commander's idea
- The Mole: A subversion—a bad guy who wants to bring down Cobra Industries. Unfortunately, Cobra Commander found out.
Real name: ?
Voice Actor: Brian Bloom
Real Name: ?
Voice Actor: Peter Mac Nicol
Tomax and Xamot
Voice actor: Stephen Stanton