- Action Girl
- Friendly Sniper
- Guns Akimbo: She fights this way in Siberia.
- The Lancer
- Love Triangle: She has to decide between Duke and Snake Eyes.
- Red-Headed Hero
- Demolitions Expert
- Stuff Blowing Up
- Sole Survivor: A whole bunch of mostly unnamed Joes go on the mission to knock out the strattellites. The mission is a success, but only Tunnel Rat comes back.
- The Determinator: Lots of things go wrong on the aforementioned mission, but Tunnel Rat never gives up.
- Adaptational Badass: He blows up Moscow, killing 10 million people, just to prove that from now on he'd better be taken seriously.
- Bad Boss
- Big Bad
- The Blank: This version only wears his featureless facemask.
- Evil Sounds Deep
- Guttural Growler
- Knight of Cerebus: This Cobra Commander is even more Darker and Edgier than the one in G.I. Joe: Sigma 6.
- Large Ham
- Precision F-StrikeCobra Commander: There will be no move to take over my command. There will be no mistakes. There will be none of your CRAP! NONE OF IT!
- Putting on the Reich: His outfit is easily the Nazi-est Cobra Commander has ever worn, and the black and red action figure released in a multi-pack makes the Nazi elements spring out even more.
- Arch-Enemy: To Snake-Eyes.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy
- Comic Book Fantasy Casting: Eric Bauza's take on Destro's Scottish accent almost sounds like Sean Connery as he appeared in his later films The Rock, The Avengers (1998) (based on the British spy show), and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
- Deceptive Disciple
- Man in White
- Awesome Aussie
- Character Death: Shot In the Back and killed by Duke.
- For the Evulz
- In the Hood
- Invisibility: He has at least this, but we couldn't learn if he had the original version's Voluntary Shapeshifting.