VOR-tech: Undercover Conversion Squad was an animated television series produced by Universal Cartoon Studios which aired as part of Claster Television's syndicated Power Block in the 90s, along with Beast Wars, reruns of Reboot, and G.I. Joe Extreme.
It featured a group of secret agents led by Hudson Roarke. Their mission is to Save the World from Lord Matrix, Hudsons older brother, infecting the world with a techno-infectious plague.
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: One episode featured Bio-Mechs hijacking a alternative energy centrifuge powerplant thing to steal its energy.
- Arm Cannon: Having a BFGs seems to come standard with Bio-Mechs.
- Flying Car: Vor-Technology enabled vehicles often transformed in order to fly.
- Game Face: Bio-Mechs transform when things get serious.
- Merchandise-Driven: Just like the show that inspired it. In this case, the creators took an existing toy line and crafted a whole new story around it.
- Recycled Premise: The initial set of toys were recycled from Kenner's M.A.S.K. line. (According to one of the writers, the brand was created by Kenner's owner Hasbro as a way to reuse the M.A.S.K. toy molds (as the then-recent Jim Carrey movie apparently made using the M.A.S.K. name not viable; ironically, Kenner also created the tie-in toys for said film).
- Sibling Rivalry: Hudson Roarke and Lord Matrix.
- Slave Mooks: The Bio-Mechs.
- Transformation Trinket: Much like M.A.S.K., the Transforming vehicles need masks to work.
- Transhuman Treachery: The Techno-infectious plague inches its way to The Corruption this way.
- Truce Zone: Hudson meets with his brother at a neutral location at times.
- Unwilling Roboticisation: Via a Viral Transformation to Bio-Mech.