United States airdate: May 17, 2002
Canada airdate: December 27, 2002
The third SpongeBob SquarePants special following "Christmas Who?" and "Shanghied!". It centres on SpongeBob throwing a House Party for his friends, but thankfully things don't go according to plan. In the Live Action segments, Patchy tries to throw a House Party as well, but is brought down by Potty and a rock band of parrots.
Contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Parties are more fun if you don't over plan them and let things happen naturally.
- Black Comedy Burst: Patchy briefly speaks to a mermaid who is sitting in a tiny paddling pool. She tells him that if she was not, she would die. Patchy laughs it off, then accidentally and unknowingly causes a leak with his hook hand. The mermaid frantically tries to cover up the leak as Patchy walks off.
- Disproportionate Retribution: The police arrested SpongeBob because he didn't invite them to his party.
- Dramatic Irony: SpongeBob thinks his party is falling apart when he sees his guests not following his list and doing their own things, unaware they're having a good time now that all the boredom is out of the way.
- Freak Out!: SpongeBob whenever he sees his friends dancing and having fun and not following what's on his schedule.
- Hypocritical Humor: Patchy sends an invitation to SpongeBob, and in a brief aside, he tries to read the invitation but can't, as the ink got all runny when it went underwater. He then states that whoever sent it to him doesn't understand the physical limitations of the underwater world...after which he and Patrick proceed to throw it into a fire.
- Irony: Prior to being arrested as Disproportionate Retribution, SpongeBob notes he almost got arrested for trying to break into his own house.
- Impact Silhouette: SpongeBob leaves a himself-shaped dent in the door after it is slammed on him while trying to run back inside.
- Instant Costume Change: When SpongeBob tries to tunnel in and is knocked back out by the guests doing the Bunny Hop, he suddenly changes into a bunny costume midway though his sentence.
- Key Under the Doormat: SpongeBob remembers that he has a spare key under his mat, but only after he's been arrested for trespassing and spent the night in jail.
- Missing the Good Stuff: SpongeBob gets locked out of his own party.
- Schedule Fanatic: SpongeBob takes planning a party too seriously, making a strict schedule to keep it from going out of control. Naturally, nobody follows it, and the party only starts getting fun when SpongeBob gets locked out and everyone just does whatever they want.
- "Sesame Street" Cred: Underwater Sun was sung by the late, great Lux Interior. The frontman for The Birdbrains even somewhat resembled him.
- Walk the Plank: When Patchy disapproves of the Birdbrains' music, he tells them they have to walk the plank. They think it was a term meaning they were fired, but Patchy literally meant for them to walk the plank. However, they simply fly away without jumping.