Born 13 August 1982, Sebastian Stan moved from his native Constanța, Romania, to America at the age of 12. Starting out in with roles in Gossip Girl and cult-movie The Covenant, Sebastian is best known for his role as Bucky Barnes in Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Captain America: Civil War. Playing Bucky Barnes and lots of boys who kiss other boys have made him a Tumblr darling.
- Law & Order: Justin Capshaw, guest appearance
- The Covenant: Chase Collins
- Gossip Girl: Carter Baizen
- Rachel Getting Married: Walter
- Kings: Jack Benjamin
- Spread: Harry
- Hot Tub Time Machine: Blaine
- Black Swan: Andrew
- Political Animals : T.J. Hammond
- Once Upon a Time: Jefferson/The Mad Hatter
- Gone: Billy
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2011 — present) as Bucky Barnes / The Winter Soldier:
- The Bronze: Lance Tucker
- Ricki and the Flash: Joshua
- The Martian: Dr. Chris Beck
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle: Charles Blackwood
- Logan Lucky (2017): Dayton White
- I, Tonya (2017): Jeff Gillooly
- Adorkable: Particularly in his Marvel press interviews.
- Cat Smile: Has a mouth rather prominently shaped like one, to the point that it became memetic within the East Asian Captain America fandom. Apparently he's caught onto it based on his interactions with Chinese fans.
- Celebrity Resemblance: A lot of people have pointed out that there's quite a resemblance between him and a young Mark Hamill, to the point where both have caught on and joked about it.
- Deadpan Snarker: He has a stoic expression and a snarky, self-deprecating humor. Displayed especially with fellow co-star Anthony Mackie.
- Meme Acknowledgement: On December 16th, 2017, Stan took a selfie◊ of himself doing a Face Palm in front of a bunch of Iron Man suits, realizing what day it was (as evidenced by the caption mentioning December 16, 1991).
- Old Shame: Hot Tub Time Machine. He hardly talks about it in interviews.
Stan: "Well, looking at my brilliant filmography outside the Captain America movies, I am just not going to even speak right now. Pour myself a glass of water."
- His entire non-Marvel filmography seems to be this, at times. When asked which of his previous characters he'd import to the MCU:
- When asked if he was bothered by having so little dialogue in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, he answered that sometimes, not having that much to say is a relief and that he's been burned more than once by having to say absolutely ridiculous lines that no one would ever use in real life. Fans familiar with his past films know what he's talking about.
- Playing Against Type: He often plays relatively dark and/or troubled characters, but his character in Ricki and the Flash is a sweetheart.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Used with extreme effectiveness when the role calls for it.◊ Especially as Bucky Barnes◊.
- Retroactive Recognition: For pretty much all his pre-MCU filmography once he got cast as Bucky Barnes. Especially after Bucky's popularity exploded in the wake of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- Romance on the Set: He dated his Gossip Girl co-star Leighton Meester from 2008 to 2010. He also briefly dated his Once Upon a Time co-star Jennifer Morrison. He is currently dating his Spread co-star Margarita Levieva.
- Star-Making Role: As Bucky Barnes in Captain America: The First Avenger.
- Typecasting: An oddly specific one. Outside of the Captain America movies, his most popular roles - as Jack Benjamin and T.J Hammond - involve him playing the gay, troubled heir to a political dynasty.