Thomas Stanley Holland (born June 1, 1996) is an English actor.
He also provided his voice for the UK dub of Arrietty.
In 2015, Marvel Studios and Sony announced that he won the coveted role of Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe following the deal between Sony and Marvel Studios to share the character's rights. He first showed up in 2016's Captain America: Civil War, and has spin-off into his own solo film, Spider-Man: Homecoming, in 2017. He reprised his role in 2018's Avengers: Infinity War. 2019 will be his biggest year yet as the character, between a return in Avengers: Endgame and the lead of Spider-Man: Far From Home, a standalone sequel to Homecoming. Holland is expected to appear in a third standalone film at an unspecified date.
Coming off his success as Spider-Man, Holland was then cast as a young Nathan Drake in the long-gestating film adaptation of the Uncharted video game series, currently without a release date but likely intended for 2020.
Not to be confused with the American horror-movie director of the same name. Nor Tom Hollander.
- Arrietty (2011) as Shô (voice only; UK dub)
- The Impossible (2012) Lucas Bennett
- How I Live Now (2013) as Isaac
- Locke (2014) as Eddie (voice only)
- Wolf Hall (2015) as Gregory Cromwell
- In the Heart of the Sea (2015) as Thomas Nickerson
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2016 present) as Peter Parker / Spider-Man:
- Edge of Winter (2016) as Bradley Baker
- Pilgrimage (2017) as Brother Diarmuid
- The Current War (2017) as Samuel Insull
- The Lost City of Z (2017) as Jack Fawcett
- Chaos Walking (2019) as Todd Hewitt
- Spies in Disguise (2019) as Walter (voice only)
- Untitled Uncharted film (TBD) as Nathan Drake
Tropes Related to Tom Holland's Career:
- The Cast Show Off: Those backflips that Spider-Man does? All Holland, who has had training in gymnastics and dancing. He was on the West End as the titular character in Billy Elliot.
- Fake American: British, yet his biggest role to date has him playing the New York born-and-bred Peter Parker.