Nathan Lane (born Joseph Lane, February 3, 1956 in Jersey City, New Jersey) is an American actor. Although he has worked steadily in both film and television, he is best known for being one of the more recognizable faces on Broadway over the last few decades. He has won Tony Awards for his performances in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, The Producers (of which he and fellow co-star Matthew Broderick reprised their roles for the film adaptation) and Angels in America.
- Guys and Dolls (1992): Nathan Detroit.note
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1996): Pseudolus.
- The Man Who Came to Dinner (2000): Sheridan Whiteside.
- The Producers (2001, 2004): Max Bialystock.
- The Frogs (2004): Dionysus.
- Butley (2006): Ben Butley.
- November (2008): Charles Smith.
- Waiting for Godot (2009): Estragon.
- The Addams Family (2010): Gomez Addams.
- The Nance (2013): Chauncey Miles.
- The Front Page (2016): Walter Burns.
- Angels in America (2018): Roy Cohn.
- Frankie and Johnny (1991): Tim.
- Addams Family Values (1993): Desk Sergeant.
- The Lion King (1994): Timon.
- The Birdcage (1996): Albert.
- MouseHunt (1997): Ernest "Ernie" Smuntz.
- Stuart Little (1999): Snowbell.
- Titan A.E. (2000): Preed.
- Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002): Mysterious Disco Man.
- Nicholas Nickleby (2002): Vincent Crummles.
- Win a Date with Tad Hamilton! (2004): Richard Levy.
- The Producers (2005): Max Bialystock.
- Swing Vote (2008): Art Crumb.
- The Nutcracker in 3D (2010): Albert Einstein.
- Frasier, episode "Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice..." (1995): Phil.
- Mad About You, episode "Good Old Reliable Nathan" (1998): Nathan Twilley.
- Teacher's Pet (2000-2002): Spot/Scott Leadready II.
- Sex and the City, episode "I Love a Charade" (2002): Bobby Fine.
- 30 Rock, episode "The Fighting Irish" (2007): Eddie Donaghy.
- Modern Family (2010-2019): Pepper Saltzman.
- The Good Wife (2012-2014): Clarke Hayden.
- The People v. O.J. Simpson (2016): F. Lee Bailey.
- Penny Dreadful: City of Angels (2020): Lewis Michener.