Jackie Earle Haley (born July 14, 1961 in Northridge, California) is an American actor.
He is possibly best known for playing Rorschach in Watchmen. Previously a child actor, most notably as Kelly Leak in The Bad News Bears and the first voice of Jamie Boyle (the youngest son who sides with his father on whatever controversial situation the family gets itself into and isn't afraid to find new ways to make money for himself) on the early 1970s animated sitcom Wait Till Your Father Gets Home. He also played Freddy Krueger in the 2010 reboot of A Nightmare on Elm Street.
- Adore Loomis, The Day of the Locust (1975)
- Kelly Leak, The Bad News Bears, (1976) Bad News Bears in Breaking Training, (1977) and The Bad News Bears Go To Japan (1978).
- Billy, Damnation Alley (1977)
- Moocher, Breaking Away, (1979)
- Billy Willetts, Murder, She Wrote, (1986)
- Einstein, Nemesis (1992)
- Frank Jessup, Maniac Cop 3: Badge of Silence, (1992)
- Stick, Renegade, (1992)
- Ronnie McGorvey, Little Children (2006)
- Rorschach/Walter Kovacs, Watchmen (2009)
- Freddy Krueger, A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
- George Noyce, Shutter Island, (2010)
- Guerrerro, Human Target (2010-11)
- Willie Loomis, Dark Shadows (2012)
- Alexander Stephens, Lincoln (2012)
- Father Oscar Huber, Parkland (2013)
- Rick Mattox, RoboCop (2014)
- Ruvik/Ruben Victoriano, The Evil Within (2014)
- The Terror, The Tick (2016)
- Raymond Cobb, The Birth of a Nation (2016)
- Sayre, The Dark Tower (2017)
- Grewishka, Alita: Battle Angel (2019)
Tropes associated with this actor:
- Bald of Awesome: Haley shaves his head when not playing a role.
- Badass Baritone: As Rorschach.
- Career Resurrection: Poster boy for this trope - left acting for over a decade before making a sudden comeback in Little Children, and is now enjoying a healthy career.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Rorschach is a redhead; Haley has naturally dark hair. Not only did he have to have his hair dyed, but also his eyebrows and stubble.
- Former Child Star: He was Kelly Leak, and is now making a successful adult career.
- Guttural Growler: In Watchmen, The Evil Within, and A Nightmare on Elm Street.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: He's 5 feet 5 inches and has blackbelts in Taekwondo and kenpo. Quite fitting for Rorschach.
- Promoted Fanboy: He was very honored to find Watchmen fans started an online petition for him to play Rorschach, and that it actually came true.
- The Short Guy with Glasses: As mentioned, 5'5".
- You Might Remember Me from...: In his earlier days he best known as Kelly Leak; he's now best known as Rorschach.