Anna Kay Faris is an American comic actress born November 29, 1976 in Baltimore, Maryland. She might be best known for playing the lead in the Scary Movie films. A natural blonde, she had to dye her hair black for the role to give her a more Neve Campbell look.
Mostly a face actress in comedies like The House Bunny, Just Friends and The Dictator, she has recently done a couple of voice acting gigs - Sam Sparks in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Jeanette in Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel and Chipwrecked.
She currently stars in the CBS sitcom Mom and hosts a podcast called Anna Faris Is Unqualified.
This actress' roles provide examples of:
- Braces of Orthodontic Overkill: She's told the story of being stuck in headgear for most of her adolescence, which motivated her to be funny since traditional popularity wasn't an option.
- Dyeing for Your Art
- Dumb Blonde:
- Though certainly not an airhead in real life, easily two-thirds of her roles have her playing one of these.
- She plays a sort of parody of her characters in Lost in Translation.
- Subverted in Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, where her character Sam actually is very smart but pretends to be airheaded because peers would tease her.
- Ms. Fanservice: In some of her roles, but especially The House Bunny, where she plays a Playboy Bunny and even has a nude scene from behind, and Scary Movie, where she gets stripped down to only her bra during her character's sex scene.
- Playing Against Type: As Polly in May, a rare horror role.
- Romance on the Set: She was married to Ben Indra, who she met on the set of Lovers Lane. Later she met her second husband Chris Pratt doing a table read on Take Me Home Tonight.
- Typecasting: She plays a lot of dumb women. It is largely voluntary though, and she has played a few smart characters like the aforementioned Sam Sparks.