Anna Kay Faris is an American comic actress born November 29, 1976. She might be best known for playing the lead in the Scary Movie films. A natural blonde, she had to dye her hair black for the role to give her a more Neve Campbell look.
Mostly a face actress in comedies like The House Bunny, Just Friends and The Dictator but has recently done a couple of voice acting gigs - Sam Sparks in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Jeanette in Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel and Chipwrecked.
She currently stars in the CBS sitcom Mom and hosts a podcast called Anna Faris Is Unqualified.
This actress provides examples of:
- Dyeing for Your Art
- Braces of Orthodontic Overkill: She's told the story of being stuck in headgear for most of her adolscence, which motivated her to be funny since traditional popularity wasn't an option.
- Chubby Chaser: She's been described as a feeder and has admitted that she liked it when her former husband Chris Pratt is chubby.
- Dumb Blonde: Certainly not an airhead in real life, but easily two-thirds of her roles have her playing one of these.
- She plays a sort of parody of her characters in Lost in Translation.
- Subverted in Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, where her character Sam actually is very smart but pretends to be airheaded because peers would tease her.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Prefers her name be pronounced 'Ah-na'.
- Ms. Fanservice: In some of her roles, but especially The House Bunny, where she plays a Playboy Bunny and even has a nude scene from behind, showing off her fit body and her great ass.
- Playing Against Type: As Polly in May, a rare horror role.
- Romance on the Set: Was married to Ben Indra, who she met on the set of Lovers Lane.
- She Really Can Act: Tends to get this reaction whenever she appears in a non-slapstick film, particularly her cameo in Brokeback Mountain and her recurring role as herself in Entourage.
- Typecasting: Largely voluntary though, and she has played a few smart characters like the aforementioned Sam Sparks.