These are the Aristos of Aristeia:
open/close all folders
- Celebrity Endorsement: In-Universe example: Maximus promotes Moto.tronica, the company that makes combat equipment for Pan Oceania. His "weapon", the Jotum Shield, references the Jotum TAG from Infinity (incidentally also the most heavily armored unit in the game).
- The Big Guy: Maximus is a tall muscular man clad in a suit of armor.
- Expy: Of Reinhardt.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Maximus wields an impressive-looking shield.
- Mighty Glacier: He's the slowest Aristo.
- The Juggernaut: His Agility is a Critical Success, meaning he cannot be held down in place by another Aristo, with the exception of an enemy Maximus rolling a Critical Block on his Brawn. He can still be Immobilized by different means though.
- Propaganda Hero
- Animal Battle Aura: Ricochet and Snake Bite Tactics Cards feature what looks like a cobra spirit. It could possibly be special effects or a hologram in-universe.
- Archer Archetype: Lunah's alternate skin, "Elven Ranger".
- Cold Sniper: Her skills with her rifle are nothing to sneeze at.
- Expy: Of Widowmaker as well as of Ana Amari.
- Cool Old Guy: The only Aristo with gray hair. A deliberate choice in a universe where rejuvenation procedures are common. Just to hammer this home Wild Bill is featured on the common Tactic "Fortune Favors the Badass".
- The Gunslinger: As would befit an Expy of McCree.
- Playing Cards Motif: All of Wild Bill Tactics Cards are named after Aces. He also has a Switch that allows drawing extra Tactics.
Soldiers of Fortune
- Boring Yet Practical: Hannibal has no Switches and his main ability is giving extra dice or actions to other Aristos, his Tactic cards included. It is extremely useful, but it also means that his own turn often boils down to positioning him so that he can see more enemies and/or shooting his shotgun, which has only one die.
- Expy: Of John "Hannibal" Smith from The A-Team.
Smoke and Mirrors
- Brave Scot
- Hot Blooded Sideburns: And red at that!
- The Berserker
- Man in a Kilt
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: According to his bio page Murtair is a very nice and approachable person when he's not tearing people apart and drinking their blood in the Hexa Dome.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Murtair is a hybrid human/alien, sharing traits with both Dog-Warriors and Wulvers from Infinity. Since there is no implication about him undergoing any transformation, he's most likely a particularly dog-like Wulver.
Padre Inquisitor Mendoza
- Counterspell: One of Taowu's Tactic Cards is just another "No!" that each player has one of by default.
- Evil Mustache
- Non-Action Guy: Taowu messes with the opponent's Tactics a lot, but he cannot fight aside from the default Contender shot. His Switches and Automatic Ability also discourage the opponent from fighting him.
- Supernatural Fear Inducer: He immobilizes enemies by scaring them.
- Yellow Peril: [Word of God According to Bostria]] "He's evil because he's from Yu Jing, you know."
- An Arm and a Leg: Losing her legs from knees down was part of the deal of becoming an Aristo. Officially she lost them due to a Pan Oceania attack on Svalarheima.
- Artificial Limbs: Legs in this case.
- Cat Girl: Bixie sports cat-like claws, robotic paws, tail and hairdo reminiscent of cat ears. Her name refers to a mythological lion-like creature.
- Propaganda Hero: Specifically made by Yu Jing for this reason.
- The Rival: Gata's. In the larger picture of Pan Oceania as a whole.
- Barehanded Blade Block: Not exactly bare-handed, but one of the Tactics Card shows Prysm catching Mushashi's sword with one hand.
- Passionate Sports Girl
- Power Crystal
- Practical Taunt: Unlike other Taunting Aristos, Prysm forces the taunted enemy to attack her, where in other cases the taunted can simply forgo using an attack at all.
- Back in the Saddle: The Core set introduces Final Boss as a retired Aristo turned commentator. This expansion puts him back in the Hexa Dome.
- Big Red Devil: As a chimera he made himself look that way.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Final Boss is equipped with I-Khol, a powerful perfume that startles the opponents by making them attracted to the target.
- Expy: Of Hellboy.
- Horn Attack: Thanks to being a Horned Humanoid.
- Improvised Weapon: "Wiiilmaaa!" Tactic Card shows Final Boss throwing a crate. It allows the player to hit another Aristo with an Obstacle.
- Battle Boomerang: A huge one.
- BFS: Shona's trademark claymore.