JBO is a German fun rock/metal band from Erlangen, Franconia. For quite some time a lot if not the majority of their songs made reference to their being from Erlangen (this one is probably the most "Erlangen" song they ever made) and it is still one of the first things people in Germany associate with the town. A good part of their songs are parodies of well-known rock/pop/metal/whatever songs. Or Theme Songs, like The Smurfs' one. Or Nursery Rhymes. However, just like "Weird Al" Yankovic tends to make a polka or at least a more polka-ish rendition out of (almost) everything he touches, JBO have a tendency to amp up the guitars and make the song a bit more "heavy" than the original, especially if their material used to be Schlager, Pop or some similar "soft" style of music. While their style is rather distinctive, there are a lot of songs that are not really similar to their work at all that are falsely attributed to them, even on YouTube. Basically, if it's funny and sung in German, chances are it has been falsely ascribed to JBO. Chances get higher with any mention of alcohol, drunkenness or laziness. This of course has also happened to Alfred Yankovic quite a bit.
The name was supposed to mean "James Blast Orchester", parodying James Last, but is only used in the abbreviated form for legal reasons. One of their albums is called "Parentales Advisorium - Explizite Lyrik" which is just gibberish in German but a reference to the Moral Guardian mandated stickers on American music with "dirty" lyrics.
- Black Comedy Rape: The group's take on "Bolle" heavily implies that Bolle, after dying and going to paradise, proceeds to rape an angel.
- Drink Order: Kitzmann Beer. - At the time of their founding it was the only brewery in Erlangen. It still is the largest.
- "I Am" Song: "JBO", natch.
- In the Style of... Nicole's Ein bisschen Frieden in the style of Rammstein doubles as Lyrical Dissonance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmYxvjR7ZsI
- Lyrical Dissonance: "Gänseblümchen" ("daisies") is another prominent example, being a love song that sounds really aggressive (except for the bridge, which inverts it).
- Ode to Intoxication: "Fränkisches Bier" (Franconian beer) to the tune of "griechischer Wein" by Udo Jürgens - really, at that point they should be getting money from some breweries.
- Nose Nuggets: "Bohrn in der Nase" ("Diggin' in the nose"), parodying "Born in the USA"
- Raging Stiffie: "Walk with an erection" (Walk like an Egyptian). In a public swimming pool, of all places.
- Real Men Wear Pink: They have a liking for the color, you just have to take a look at their CD covers.
- Three Chords and the Truth naturally, in their song Drei Akkorde (three Chords) Up to Eleven in that they claim that even less is necessary in the ensuing verses.
- Toilet Humour: "Symphonie der Verstopfung" (symphony of constipation - parodies Megadeth's Symphony Of Destruction and the vocals of Rammstein's style in general)
- We Didn't Start the Billy Joel Parodies: Naturally, with "wir stadd'n ezd die Feier"