open/close all folders
The Protectors of Justice
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd, God of THE LAW (Judge, Jury, Executioner, Joe Dredd, Dead Man, The Exterminator, The Law)
- Theme Song: Anthrax's "I Am The Law!"
- Greater God
- Symbol: His Helmet and Badge.
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral personified
- Portfolio: Anti-Hero, Hanging Judge, Judge, Jury, and Executioner, Lantern Jaw of Justice, BEING… THE LAW!
- Domains: Law, Judgment, Discipline.
- Enemies: The Dark Judges, Judge Doom, The ENTIRE House of Crime, The GUAL (What they're doing isn't the law, HE IS THE LAW!).
- Conflicting Opinion towards: Lin Beifong.
- Was honored when he found how The Nostalgia Critic dressed up as him during an expedition to stop the Plot Hole. However, he still thinks the Critic's proposition of "LAW: The Musical" and his 'Judge Dredd Blow Dance' rather ridiculous.
- Still wants to forget that awful moment where his face was shown once to the public... even if said face was of Sylvester Stallone. He's also mildly confused about how Sly spelled 'Law', and annoyed that it led to the aforementioned proposition of "LAW: The Musical".
- Other gods have learned not to Mind Rape him. The last person who tried got to "Gaze Into the Fist of Dredd" in return.
- No other god in the Pantheon adheres to his alignment as FIERCELY as Dredd. To him, The Law is absolute, and deviation from it punishable with no exceptions. Even fellow tough law-enforcers such as Chief Beifong can earn his ire for occasionally trying to handle matters "outside the law".
- Despite his profession, he refuses to support the Grand United Alliance Of Law, seeing them as being no better than the Dark Judges in what they perceive as the law. Eiki Shiki convinced him to join the Magistrate Judges, though.
Phoenix Wright, God of Crusading Lawyers (Ryuichi Naruhodo, Nick, Trite, Feenie, Hobo-Phoenix, The Turnabout Terror, the Comeback King, the Fighting Phoenix)
- Theme Song: Objection! 2011 -UMVC3 Arrange- / Pursuit - Cornered! 2011 -UMVC3 Arrange-. When he's feeling particularly in the mood, Phoenix Wright WITH LYRICS
- Intermediate God, powers up to Greater God when in Turnabout Mode
- Symbols: A pointing finger, an Attorney's Badge, and/or an "OBJECTION!" exclamation bubble
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Bunny Ears Lawyers, Dumbness as an Irony, Dogged Nice Guys, Perry Mason Methods, Courtroom Antics, Finger Pointing, Magnificent Bastards, Barely avoiding a guilty verdict for his nearly always innocent clients, then turning the whole case on its head
- Domains: Intelligence, Determination, Perception, Trust
- Allies: Maya Fey, Miles Edgeworth, The Judge, Professor Hershel Layton, Makoto Naegi, Harvey Birdman, Daredevil, Jennifer Walters, Rainbow Dash, Inspector Zenigata, Jean Valjean, Twilight Sparkle, Bentley
- Enemies: Manfred von Karma, Penelope
- High Priest/Priestess: Apollo Justice, Athena Cykes
- His mortal successor, Apollo Justice, helped him ascend to Godhood. He also tutors Makoto Naegi in pointing out contradictions in order to find the truth, he doesn't mind if Naegi uses "That's wrong!" instead of "OBJECTION!"
- Possesses a mystical Magatama, given to him by his assistant Maya Fey, which allows him to see when people are keeping secrets from him by manifesting one to five red locks held up by chains, known as Psyche Locks, that are seen by him alone. Should he break these Psyche Locks, the subject will invariably reveal what they are hiding. He has also encountered special black Psyche Locks during his career, and it has been revealed that they are the result of mental trauma, and are a sign that the subject is hiding something from even themselves.
- Two of his colleagues and fellow extremely quirky defense attorneys, the blind Matthew Murdock and the medium-aware gamma powered Jennifer Walters, share his firm. They've been around for quite a bit longer than he has, and are quite skilled, but also constantly run out on "missions" and after suspects, while Phoenix is always available for nearly any court date.
- Defends the accused, often able to find the true culprit. Occasionally requests Jean Valjean's advice to determine who is truly innocent.
- Is a major proponent of the "Internet is for Porn" decision in the case of K. Monster v. T. Monster. After all, he's essentially a demigod in the kink community.
- Eventually the support of his followers led him to get a large boost in fighting ability. Unfortunately, several gods have taken this as an excuse to challenge him to battle so Phoenix thinks he was better off before the boost.
"The one who committed the crime...was you! No alibi, no justice, no dream, no hope! It's time for you to pay for your crimes! TAKE THAT!"
- The fights he's had with other gods (like Amaterasu, Taskmaster and Thor) have become so, so amusing in the House of Commerce when he uses his ultimate attack, "Accuse the Witness", and state this to the opponents:
- Has gotten in a giant trial with some Equestrian goddesses. Needless to say, he's trying to adjust himself to these ponies as best as he can.
- And then he's also doing double duty on a trial with Professor Layton as of late.
- Was pleased when he learned that Brentalfloss composed a With Lyrics version of a song from his world.
- Phoenix sympathised with Bentley when he was betrayed by Penelope. He knew what Bentley was going through, as Dahlia Hawthorne had once done the same to him. Phoenix has promised to provide legal aid if Bentley wishes to get Penelope banished to the Disgraces, as well as acting as defence attorney if the Cooper Gang is ever falsely accused of a crime.
- Now word on the street is that apparently his ancestor got to investigate alongside Sherlock Holmes while studying in Victorian London. People aren't sure this is true or not because it was said Watson was an 8-year-old girl in those events. The lawyer has yet to comment on his ancestor's adventures.
- As it turns out, Iris Watson, the aforementioned 8-year-old-girl, was the daughter of John Watson. Not only that, the adventure of Phoenix's ancestor began with being accused of John Watson's murder.
Eiki Shiki, Yamaxanadu
Eiki Shiki, Yamaxanadu, Enforcer of Black and White Judgment (Highest Judge of The Court Of Paradise, Shikieiki)
- Theme Music: "Eastern Judgement in the Sixtieth Year ~ Fate of Sixty Years."
- Symbol: The Rod of Remorse
- Alignment: Lawful Good (but when she is on the job, she must judge as Lawful Neutral)
- Portfolio: The Judge Of Death, Nagging to Others, Workaholism, Physical Goddess, Celestial Bureaucracy, Nice Hat, Black and White Morality, Compassionate Critic
- Domains: Law, Inquisition, Death, Repose
- Allies: The Living Tribunal, Yuma Tsukumo, Kaito "Kite" Tenjo, Eliphas, Tyr
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Oriko Mikuni
- Enemies(?): YHVH
- Herald: Komachi Onozuka
- The Yama of the Paradise land of Gensokyo, and the representative of Yamas within the Pantheon. Her job is to judge the dead to be "White" or "Black". That is, good or evil. As the Yama, she has the singular power to unerringly judge any person or deed to be "White" or "Black". There can be no overturning her decision; the result she declares is the "truth". Once a soul has been judged by the Yama, there can be no appeal; no turnabout. The judgment is final.
- However, despite her professionalism when she is on the job, she spends her time off lecturing the still-living on how to correct their lives. It his her opinion that Hell exists so that no-one sins, not to punish sinners, so she does what she can to make sure as many souls as possible can be judged "White" when the time comes.
- The authority of the Yama is absolute. Everyone, from the lowest insect to the highest of gods, are judged by the Yama when their time comes. No life is truly eternal; no person can avoid their destined appointment with the Yama.
- Despite this, she has immense trouble keeping her own ferryman Shinigami in line. Though even she has to admit that if Komachi wants something done, she will get the deed done. She just wishes she was always that motivated.
- There have been rumors of the Yama making unjust judgements on a whim, out of jealousy. There is however no evidence of this whatsoever, and those rumors have never been confirmed. Though some blame it on Parsee.
- While she carries the title of "Highest Judge", she only judges dead souls. Her power to see the true nature of any soul means that no prosecution or defence is necessary in her cases. Her only job is to judge a soul's nature and usher them to their final destination.
- Poor Eiki Shiki had work a lot when there was a massive killing and revival of the people from the ZEXAL-verse, since she was chosen to judge who would and who wouldn't revive depending on behaviour. Though this has made her allies with the one doing the revival, Yuma Tsukumo, and they seem like they will work together in a project to reform the Grand United Alliance of Law.
- They have managed to get Eliphas ascended, which is big first step for them.
- She has little to no respect to YHVH… at least in some sense. She feels that his sense of "Law" is beyond corrupt and him forming the GUAL just made things worse. Where she might be Lawful Neutral on duty, she judges people on their actions and weights them on that aspect. As she's aware she stands no chance of overthrowing him outright, she wishes to somehow reform the GUAL from within and hopes that she can come to a peaceful conclusion.
- Some are judging her position as an Overdeity due of the revelation that she only has power over the Hell where the oni reside, and while she might be stronger than almost anybody in Gensokyo, there is a being much more powerful than anyone in Gensokyo and on the Moon, who commands over all Hells, essentially throwing the established power order to a spin. The said deity is Hecatia Lapislazuli, and while Eiki knows of her existence, she really can't weight into this problem. Especially when she is wondering what she is planning to do with Clownpiece.
Chie Satonaka, Goddess of Modesty Shorts, spends time here, learning the ins and outs of law to fulfill her dream of being a police officer. Aqua, Goddess of Full-Contact Magic, also comes by every now and then to report on any crimes that have happened around the pantheon.