Mario: Mama, you know who you're talking about. You know what he's done.Whether poorly written or well-written, countless Fan Works have equally countless villains. The worst of them are either OC villains committing acts so heinous that the canon villains think what they're doing is wrong or taking the already existing villains (or sometimes the heroes) and making them worse.
Luigi: If he had the chance he'd kill you for fun and dance around in your skin! He's a monster!
Peach: A psychopath! A cannibal! I haven't forgotten...
Luigi: If he had the chance he'd kill you for fun and dance around in your skin! He's a monster!
Peach: A psychopath! A cannibal! I haven't forgotten...
The following have their own pages:
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Echoes: Yagura far outdoes his canon counterpart in heinousness and is easily the fic's most depraved villain. Seeing himself as "the ultimate predator," he hunts down and kills people for fun, engages in cannibalism, whimsically commits genocide to create a new Master Race, makes a sport out of murdering his minions for the most minor reasons, and ultimately wants to turn the world into a dog-eat-dog hellhole to rule over as a tyrannical warlord.
- Janita: Air Jay is a psychopathic Viking who kills people on a whim with his unique fire abilities. He was a mercenary in the Third Ninja War, killing a thousand people, before being sealed by Naruto's parents, Minato and Kushino. Upon being unsealed by bandits he burns them to death, and kills several more when informed him that Minato and Kushino have been killed, believing only he is allowed to kill them. Air Jay joins Takuma’s plan to unearth the weapon to destroy the village. Air Jay massacres a village as they try to fight back with pitchforks laughing about how easy it was, is about to kill a child when Hinata tries to stop him, considers killing Hinata in front of her daughter, the eponymous Janita, until he smells Naruto on her and takes her alive as bait. When Hinata wakes up she finds herself in a trap rigged to kill an innocent girl if she escapes. He later pulls Hinata down just to kill the girl. He sends eight bandits to kill his father for knowing his weakness, despite refusing to disclose it. Air Jay repeatedly torments and kills the slaves, having a woman tell them about all his actions and tells them she will die in ten seconds if they do not work harder only to kill her when he reaches six, takes two prisoners and asks Hinata which one he should kill then kills them both when she cannot decide, and has them all burned to death. He then loads up weapon with bombs to destroy the entire Leaf Village, unlike Takuma who simply wanted to kill the leader, Hiashi, and take over. He then drains Takuma's Chakra to power the machine telling him he intends to keep Hinata to abuse.
- Team 8:, the author's interpretation of Itachi Uchiha seems to fit the bill. Unlike canon, he committed the Uchiha Massacre simply to test himself (as he originally claimed), but in-story his complete Lack of Empathy makes him one of the most deplorable individuals. In particular, when he crosses the Moral Event Horizon even further by killing Kurenai (showing absolutely no remorse or even emotion at having done so), his partner Kisame Hoshigaki - himself a renowned Blood Knight - is freaked out and disturbed by it.
- War of the Biju: Tobi is the Big Bad and the Man Behind the Man to Nagato. Before convincing Nagato to create Akatsuki, he was Madara Uchiha's Dragon. Tobi was originally from a sect of the Uchiha Clan who rejected the truce between the Uchiha and Senju that formed Konoha...and its Sole Survivor because he murdered them all, including his parents, younger siblings, and lover so there was no competition. When Madara gave his final orders, preparing to die in his sleep...Tobi smothered him to assume the role. One of the things that stands out is how he framed the Uchiha Clan: while dueling Minato the Yondaime Hokage, he simultaneously led the Uchiha Clan on a wild goose chase, merging with the clone he used right after the control of Kurama, the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox. All so the Uchiha would be away right as Kurama got big Sharingan's in his eyes when the clan was gone right in front of the entire Konoha leadership. Then years later when after the Uchiha Clan began working amicably with the Village again he reappeared and blackmailed Fugaku Uchiha...after Mind Raping several women to death. All so he could get the Uchiha's support for the coup. Which he then helped Itachi put down. Finally he starts the most destructive War in the entire history of the Five Great Nations. Seeing everything but a big game to kill as many people as possible, Tobi lacks anything and everything that would make him sympathetic.
- Digimon Adventure 02 fanfic Digimon 02 The Story We Never Told: Yukio Oikawa was a member of the original DigiDestined who saved the Digital World years before. However, Oikawa's loneliness drove him to become obsessed with returning to the Digital World and urged his former teammates to join him. However, his pleas fell on deaf ears, as his teammates chose to move on with their lives as normal people. Oikawa thus arranged a car accident that claimed the lives of two of his teammates, leaving their son Izzy an orphan. Oikawa masterminded the conflict of the story by corrupting young Ken Ichijouji into becoming the Digimon Emperor as well as creating his own Digi Destined to counterbalance Ken. When Ken pulled a Heel–Face Turn, Oikawa decided Ken had outlived his usefulness and killed him by frying his brain. Oikawa also allied with Dagomon to build a gateway for Dagomon's forces to invade the real world, resulting in the deaths of countless innocents. Once the new Digi Destined outlived their usefulness, Oikawa forcefully reprogrammed them to turn on their human partners, even if one of them happened to be his deceased best friend's son. Not even his creations Arukenimon and Mummymon are safe from Oikawa's wrath, as he forcefully fuses their bodies to become an abomination, all the while insulting them as failures. Oikawa's endgame is to create a Floating Continent out of all the data he siphoned from the Digital World and crash it into the real world, which would create a reborn Digital World. Oikawa hoped to rule the new world as a god, disregarding that humanity will be wiped out as a result. Oikawa in this depiction is a Psychopathic Manchild who had snubbed his friendship and humanity to become a god, making him one of the DigiDestined's most personal and depraved foes to date.
- Mai Hime fanfiction Perfection is Overrated: Kirihara Hitomi is the first SUE to encounter the protagonists, and by far the most evil one. Initially bored with spending her time mind-controlling people to rob them, after being forced to kill a police officer and a witness, she discovered her darker hobbies. In the appropriately-titled chapter "Moral Event Horizon", Hitomi proceeds to commit her two most vile crimes. First, she brainwashed a police officer to slaughter twenty innocent people—including a baby, because her cries annoyed her—and commit suicide when he's done; then, she mind-controlled another officer into raping and killing his wife, only freeing him of her control to let him discover the act, before killing him as well. The first event was notably horrible enough to convince Nao to join the HiMEs to stop her. After capturing Mai with a mind-controlled Natsuki, Hitomi tried to torture her with her child's powers. She's only stopped from doing so by Shizuru's intervention, and dies from her child's destruction—which would normally result in the death of the person she valued most—showing how self-centered she is. In the end, Kirihara Hitomi is a sadistic sociopath who committed all of her crimes solely for her own amusement.
- Rosario + Vampire fanfiction Rosario Vampire: Brightest Darkness:
- Hokuto Kaneshiro is far more vicious than his manga counterpart. Seeking to bring back Alucard to watch him destroy the planet, because he considers all life, human or monster, to be evil and meaningless trash, Hokuto has absolutely zero qualms against resorting to villainous and brutal means to further his plans. Such means includes manipulating the protagonists into believing he's on their side, kidnapping Felucia and using her spirit artifact to extort her into being his minion, manipulating Kuyou into attacking the Yokai Academy as a distraction to steal an Artifact of Doom, and ordering Jovian and Jacqueline to hold Tsukune's family hostage to force Moka to come to him without a fight. In an effort to prove to Moka that human/monster co-existence is impossible, he personally orders Jovian and Jacqueline to cause as much destruction and death in Tsukune's hometown to force the gang to reveal they are monsters by fighting them, attempting to get them killed by the very humans they had sworn to protect before her very eyes. After his point has been proved false, Hokuto refuses to give up his evil ways and stabbed Moka in the guts with the Artifact of Doom, right in front of Tsukune. Upon being defeated, he gloats to Tsukune that he still wins, as Alucard has been succesfully resurrected. While he claimed to act for a higher cause, it's made clear that he's just an insane and nihilistic sociopath.
- Falla Cii was one of the three princesses of the chronofly kingdom, along with Luna and Complica. Viewing the Complica as a disgrace for their species, she sent her to her death by telling her how to use a forbidden spell to save her deceased boyfriend. Out of jealousy that Luna was going to become the queen instead of her, Falla attemped to kill her several times—including one which caused her father's death—then caused the near-extinction of her race. In Act IV, to get Luna to restore her powers, Falla tricked her and her friends into thinking she wanted to become a good person. She then bisected Luna and rubbed in the others' faces that her this was all an act. Brought back as a soul thanks to the Big Bad, and planning to get the Pandora's Box keys from the group to get back her body, she gleefully tortured her alternate self, threatening to kill Kyouko if she doesn't let her do so, and she forcing the others to watch all of it. A self-centered, manipulative sadist, devoid of any empathy or moral conscience whatsoever, Falla is nothing short of a sociopathic monster.
- Soul Eater fanfiction Soul Eater: Troubled Souls: Medusa Gorgon is just as bad as she is canonically. In the past, she coerced Crona into murdering a helpless old man and later an Evil Human implied to be Crona’s father. Surviving her supposed end in the anime's Baba Yaga Castle invasion by splitting her soul, she usurps the body of a pauper "nobody cares about", formulates her plan of action behind the scenes, and later becomes an early Arc Villain. She infiltrated the peaceful Yufahla Village and kidnapped a young woman named Krysa, killing her mother in the process. She brainwashed Krysa and used outlawed magic on Atlas to enhance her subterfuge, uncaring of the details or consequences. Lastly, Medusa gets her younger sister, Shaula, involved, and her treatment of her is no different. When Shaula fails to destroy Death Weapon Meister Academy from the inside, Medusa betrays her and tries to claim her soul to power up Ouroboros. It fails, but by then she has already ushered Maka Albarn and her friends to Cobra Island through a fake mission. Despite neither party knowing each other, she also has Caius, Claudia, the Ricardsens, and the Ardsens brought along and treats them with the same cruelty as the people she knows. To make matters worse, those innocent people literally could have been anyone else. As they advance, Ouroboros removes a power or characteristic that effectively renders the person useless; Medusa figures that out by forcing them to play rigged games. Remorseless and reveling in everyone’s suffering, Medusa wanted revenge and to control Madness itself so she could Take Over the World.
- Batman Fan Films Batman: City of Scars and Patient J, by Bat in the Sun Productions: The Joker is once again portrayed as an irredeemably wicked monster. Considering himself the Arch-Enemy of Batman, the Joker has committed numerous atrocities just to torture his nemesis, from brutally beating the second Robin, Jason Todd, to death with a crowbar, to targeting Batman's best friend, James Gordon, by murdering the man's wife and paralyzing--and most likely raping--the man's daughter. In Patient J, the Joker is interviewed by a psychologist about his past crimes, all of which he recalls happily, and, when the psychologist begs the Joker to kill him to make himself famous, the Joker instead horrifically maims the man, leaving him alive just to torment him. After escaping from Arkham Asylum in City of Scars, leaving a nurse horrifically scarred in the process, the Joker kidnaps Councilman Johnson and his ten-year-old son, brutally murders the man's wife, then murders a man to steal his ice cream truck. After dousing Johnson with acid to kill him, the Joker plants a bomb on a carnival's ferris wheel, hoping to kill the dozens of children and adults in the surrounding area, before, as a final act of villainy, attempting to gun down Johnson's son. Always an attention-craving showman, the Joker views the mass populace as "puppets" for him to control in his ultimate comedy act, where the punchline is always death for his hundreds of victims.
- Gotham by Gaslight fan film Ripper: Jack the Ripper is a vicious serial killer stalking the streets of London. Throughout the film, Jack hunts down and butchers five prostitutes, doing grotesque things to each of them like disemboweling or even outright cannibalization. When caught by Batman while trying to continue his spree by murdering another hooker, Jack gleefully proclaims they're "just whores", and states that he loved seeing the fear in their eyes as they died. The end of the reveals that this Jack the Ripper is in actuality an alternate version of The Joker himself, and Jack ends the film by proclaiming that the only reason he commits his murders is for infamy, and because he can.
- One More Day Fix Fic Breaking the Deal: Mephisto, having manipulated Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson into sacrificing their marriage in order to save Aunt May's life, uses it to kickstart his plans for multiversal domination. Using the marriage's sacrifice to receive a power boost—with the added benefit of wiping Spider-Man's future daughter from existence—Mephisto begins laying waste to various dimensions and either slaughtering their inhabitants, or enslaving them with painful magical growths. When he makes his move on the Earth, he unleashes his demonic minions on New York City, where they waste no time in killing civilians while he has Mary Jane whisked away to his lair, where he keeps her as a slave bound by barbed ropes. Not just one for merely deceiving others into making deals that will ruin their lives and those of others, Mephisto actively revels in his manipulative behavior, fondly reminiscing about tricking Ghost Rider into making a deal that would kill his father figure, and gleefully crushing Mary Jane's spirit with the knowledge of what their disastrous bargain led to.
- Sonic the Comic Fan Web Comic Sonic the Comic – Online!:
- In this fanwork that has received Approval of God, Dr. Zachary once again proves himself among the comic's nastiest. Zachary begins his new streak of evil by attempting to enslave Super Sonic to utilize his powers to wreak havoc across Mobius. Quickly cheated of that, Zachary builds up an alliance of like-minded psychopaths he calls The Syndicate and quickly builds a new plot to destroy Mobius utilizing the Chaos Emeralds. Snatching some of Sonic's DNA by capturing his young companion Tails and nearly drowning him, Zachary awakens the dormant Shadow the Hedgehog and uses his powers to draw the Chaos Emeralds out of the Special Zone, consequentially creating a massive chain reaction of Chaos Energy that obliterates the Special Zone and the billions of lives within. Brushing off the death of the Special Zone as a mere side effect of his plans, Zachary attempts to use a device he calls the Chaos Siphon to agitate the Chaos Energy on Mobius to the point where it causes an explosion potent enough to destroy the planet. Eventually foiled and captured by Knuckles, Zachary contents himself with sadistically mocking Knuckles about his failure to protect the Special Zone, and upon breaking out, forces Knuckles into a Sadistic Choice to either allow his friend Tikal to die or let the Floating Island collapse. A total sociopath as always who is utterly remorseless over the billions of lives lost to his machinations, Zachary proves he's no less of a monster here than he was in the original comic.
- Vichama note starts as an enigmatic flunky of Zachary enlisted in The Syndicate before revealing himself as something far worse. Vichama is in actuality the sadistic God of Death, an immortal entity who gained access to the physical plane through a deal with Pochacamac, using his new presence on Mobius to indiscriminately slaughter millions of echidnas. Trapping the souls of all of his murdered victims within his dark temple before he was banished, Vichama is brought back by Zachary and at first eagerly helps the doctor in his plot to destroy Mobius, helping to obliterate the Special Zone by proxy. Once Zachary's plot is foiled, Vichama leaves the doctor to die before rising his temple again and causing mass death through Mobius, assuming his true form as the God of Death. Casually incinerating Knuckles when he's confronted on his plot, Vichama announces his intent to bring the "gift of death" to everything that lives within the universe through all the enslaved souls in his thrall. Cloaking his murderous nature with a posh demeanor, Vichama is motivated by nothing less than a desire to spread mass death for its own sake and proves to be an utter bastard of a god who more than lives up to his title as the God of Death.
- Spider-Man fanfic Polarity:
- The extradimensional conqueror Dormammu is one of the two beings responsible for the zombie outbreak, and the ultimate Big Bad of the story. In his latest bid to conquer the Marvel Universe, Dormammu has his lieutenant Grim Reaper sacrifice his former servant The Hood in order to unleash a zombie plague from another universe, causing the deaths of billions of men, women, and children alike, all of whom are cursed with a state of undeath that turns them into feral monsters fueled by a never-ending, painful hunger for flesh. Devastating most of the world, Dormammu has Grim Reaper launch an attack against a SHIELD refugee camp housing the survivors of the New York City zombie attack, seeking to use the survivors' life energy to manifest on the physical plane. When Shocker wipes out all of the zombies and Grim Reaper is forced to summon Dormammu using their less-potent Death Energy, an enraged, weakened Dormammu disowns Reaper for his failure and has Electro shock him to death before attempting to kill everyone at the SHIELD site himself. As arrogant and cruel as always, Dormammu is every bit the monster that he is in canon.
- Eric Williams, aka the aforementioned Grim Reaper, is a smug sociopath and Dormammu's number two. Having sold out humanity to The Dread One to slake his lust for power, Grim Reaper helps his master usher in the zombie plague, and shares culpability in the death and undeath of billions. Enforcing his master's will on Earth, Grim Reaper seeks to eliminate those who would pose a threat to his plans by ordering Electro and the Vulture to murder the Shocker, and forcing a zombified Hulk to kill a bus full of people in order to lure out and slaughter the Avengers. All the while, Grim Reaper tries to tempt people to his side with promises of power and pleasure beyond their wildest dreams, and viciously tortures those who blow him off, such as the Punisher, who he has crucified and left to slowly bleed to death, and the Shocker, whom he allows Electro to brutalize to his heart's content. At the climax, Grim Reaper leads hordes of the undead in an attack on SHIELD's Central Park refugee camp in the hopes of slaughtering everybody inside and using them as sacrifices to summon Dormammu onto the Earth.
- Godzilla/My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfic The Bridge: Grand King Ghidorah is an Omnicidal Maniac with a god complex. Traveling the universe for eons, Ghidorah has razed countless civilizations to absorb the souls of the fallen, increasing his own power. Enjoying mind games, Ghidorah also takes to psychically forcing worlds of people to turn on each other. Supposedly killing Monster X's wife and then continuously tormenting him, Ghidorah hopes to drive him over the edge into his Super-Powered Evil Side, Kaizer Ghidorah, which he adores as a fellow destroyer. Attacking Equestria with his cohorts, Ghidorah brainwashes Starlight Glimmer into attacking Godzilla Jr., in the hopes the latter will become enraged; this may destroy the whole planet, but Ghidorah is fine with that, as this provide a good fight and remove a problem. While bored, he cruelly mind rapes Celestia until Luna forces him to stop. Forcing Monster X to turn into Kaizer Ghidorah, King Ghidorah leaves the berserker to attack his friends while he himself attempts to kill Godzilla Jr. When fatally wounded, Ghidorah tries to destroy all of Equestria with a Wave Motion Gun as one last act of spite. A megalomaniac who planned to kill even his own brother, Grand King Ghidorah proves himself to be every bit as vile as his cinematic counterparts.
- Doctor Who/Green Lantern crossover A Dalek Lantern: The Master proves himself as diabolical as ever. Upon his revival, he inspires such terror among a planet's natives that he gains a Yellow Power Ring, which he uses to slaughter them on a whim. Arriving on Qward, he proceeds to enslave several Qwardian weaponers, forcing them to reprogram his power ring to remove Sinestro's fail safes. Now with nothing to hold him back, he goes to Earth. Learning of the Lazarus Pits, he uses it to cure his degradation after butchering several members of the League of Assassins and disintegrating Ra's Al-Ghul. Hacking into Ra's network, the Master proceeds to free every metahuman criminal from prison on the planet as a distraction while he raids the Justice League's Watchtower, killing Cyborg and stealing several weapons then turning the Watchtower's reactor into a bomb which will wipe out the solar system, barely averted by Kyle Rayner and Metaltron. Following this, he steals an Orange Power Ring and reprograms it for his own use before killing his Qwardian slaves. The Master eventually conquers the Vega sector alongside the Spider Guild, killing millions, decimating L.E.G.I.O.N and annihilating Larfleeze to claim the Orange Light. Motivated by a greed and ego which will only be satisfied when he rules the entire universe, the Master's one regret is that the Doctor cannot witness his triumphs, and he takes a sadistic pleasure in his deeds.
- Halo/Star Wars crossover HALO: The Terran Republic Affair & HALO: the Andromeda War: Similar to his canon self, Sheev Palpatine is a genocidal sociopath. After the defeat of the Separatists, Palpatine falsely claims the heroic UNSC were responsible for the formation of the Separatists, using this as a Pretext for War on them. Ordering his stormtroopers to slaughter the Jedi, Palpatine wipes out nearly one-third of them. Founding The Empire, Palpatine arranges for the deaths of anyone who questions him or he feels is not loyal enough, and keeps non-humans in slave camps. Declaring war on the UNSC after a longstanding ceasefire, Palpatine sparks a war that results in the deaths of 38 billion, just to gain more power.
- The Lord of the Rings/A Song of Ice and Fire fanfiction Hear Me Roar: King Joffrey Baratheon, after a failed attempt at stealing the One Ring from the Shire, is captured by goblins and makes a deal with them to give them gold and land in exchange for deposing Tywin and restoring him to power. He takes sadistic joy in tormenting the goblins under his command as he leads their army through the Westerlands pillaging, killing, and eating those in his way. When ambushed he orders the wounded left behind so they don't slow his army down, and the rest of the goblin army execute them as they march by. When he takes Casterly Rock, he promises a group of people still resisting inside that include his brother Tommen and a few of his cousins that they will be allowed to go free to if they surrender, while threatening to cut out their tongues if they interrupt him. When Jamie's army arrives and begins planning to retake Casterly Rock, he threatens to execute them if Jamie doesn't surrender, and threatens to feed them to his goblins if they don't remain quiet, struggling not to laugh as they suggest eating Tommen. His real intent however is to use them as part of a plan to murder Jamie and the other leaders when they meet under a flag of truce. Joffrey uses Tommen as a hostage to try and escape from Jamie, threatening to kill him if he prevents his escape. When Jamie tries to talk him down and confesses the truth of his parentage to him, he tries to murder him to keep it a secret and threatens to kill him and everyone else who refuses to obey him.
- Marvel Comics/DC Comics fan series I'm a Marvel... and I'm a DC: The Joker starting with his Moral Event Horizon. After finding out Harley was secretly helping the Green Goblin, the Joker shoots her. Later, after tricking the heroes into thinking The Punisher shot him, the Joker leads Harley away as they try to escape. The Joker assures Harley he wasn't going to leave her there to die...and then hits her to the ground, saying this is a much better spot. When he comes back from the dead in "Rorschach and Deadpool 2", he kills a mook who sold him out in a very painful and thankfully offscreen manner, then shoots Rorschach.
- Super Mario Bros./Sonic the Hedgehog flash series Super Mario Bros. Z: Metal Sonic/Turbo Mecha Sonic/Metallix, as soon as he came into being via Metal Sonic absorbing past models into himself, destroys the Death Egg and forces it to crash-land on Mobius, causing an apocalypse. He then, while hunting down the Chaos Emeralds, also took the opportunity to kill Sonic's friends in extremely brutal ways such as strangling Tails, beating up Amy, beating up Knuckles then filling him up with machine-gun processed lead, and by apparently blowing the heads off of Cream and Cheese. He had wiped out most if not all, of the planet's population and turned almost half of it into a burning wasteland, and was also the reason for Shadow's current personality, because he murdered Rouge and Omega, the only people he could call his friends. As soon as he arrived at the Mushroom Kingdom to recover the Chaos Emeralds, he also killed a Goomba who found a Chaos Emerald simply because he didn't give it to him, even though there was absolutely no way he could have known that was a Chaos Emerald. He then mercilessly beats up Yoshi to gain his chaos emerald (and says that he would have killed Yoshi anyways even if he did comply to his request). He later brutally killed both the Koopa Bros and the Axem Rangers X and destroyed Yoshi's Island by hitting the island with a Sphere of Destruction so violent that it vaporized the entire island.
"Monster? I'm not a monster, I AM A GOD!"
- Doctor Who/My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic crossover Time Lords and Terror: The S'Müz is a being from outside time and space composed of psychokinetic energy, which it refers to as the Light. The S'Müz, feeling all living beings with PKE thieves and unworthy of simply existing, has destroyed whole universes out of spite, but its inability to comprehend time and space hinders it significantly. Discovering the war between the Hervokens and the Carrionites, it manipulated the Hervokens into creating a ritual which would allow it to manifest and drain all life from existence. After the Hervokens stopped work upon discovering its true intentions, a trio of Carrionites took the ritual and escaped to Equestria, Matron Hydia believing she could control it. Upon being summoned the S'Müz proceeded to tear apart and absorb Hydia's soul before absorbing the Doctor's life force. Having been insulted by the Doctor beforehand, it intended to allow his conscious to watch as it drained all of Equestria's life force. A greedy, arrogant and malicious creature hating time and space for petty reasons, the S'Müz was such a threat to all existence that a Hervoken commander considered sacrificing both its race and the Carrionites an acceptable lose to stop it.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion/Queen's Blade crossover Wandering Pilot: Melona is the The Dragon to the Swamp Witch, but outstrips her in depravity. Her very first act is to supposedly pull a Villainous Rescue on Shinji, only to reveal she had been sent to kidnap him by her mistress. Upon learning that he is in a relationship with Leina Vance, she rapes and castrates him out of spite. When his Healing Factor causes him to recover instantly, she imprisons him in a cave, starving and raping him—both physically and mentally—for nearly two weeks while also inflicting fatal injuries upon him since they won't kill him. After he escapes, she develops an obsession with killing everyone he holds dear and forcing him to watch, while also intending to recapture him and completely mentally break him into being her Sex Slave. In between these acts, she also commits other crimes using her shapeshifting powers; such as impersonating the pope so she can rape the nuns; and serving as an Evil Chancellor to Queen Claudette, giving her bad advice and encouraging her to rule despotically. Her worst atrocity comes in the penultimate chapter: After capturing Echidna, she forces the elf to reveal that she is pregnant with Shinji's child, then gruesomely extracts the fetus—by shoving her hand down Echidna's throat and pulling it out through her mouth—and eats it, sadistically declaring that it had developed enough to have a gender.
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Hell Is Empty: Aerys II Targaryen is as repulsive as his book incarnation. Aerys burns people alive as punishment for various crimes, including petty theft. Aroused by this, he often rapes Queen Rhaella afterwards. Arranging a marriage between his son Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, he finds that Lyanna reminds him of Johanna Lannister, developing an unhealthy attraction to her. Burning his Hand Qarlton Cheslton alive for calling him mad after Aerys decides to have caches of wildfire hidden throughout King's Landing, Aerys begins to abuse Viserys as well when he interrupts his rape of Rhaella and has Rhaegar bring Tywin Lannister and his bannermen to King's Landing to be executed when he suspects them of treason. When he sentences a child to be burned to death, Lyanna, now heavily pregnant, challenges him to a trial by combat. Aerys forces Lyanna herself to fight, and chooses fire as his champion, molesting Lyanna beforehand and informing her she will bare his child after she gives birth. The child burns to death and Lyanna miscarries, Jaime Lannister killing Aerys to save her. This heavily traumatizes Lyanna and almost tears her marriage with Rhaegar apart.
- The Open Way: Euron Greyjoy manages to be far more villainous than in the books. During the Ironborn's attempt to become independent, Euron is first introduced torturing a captured lord, using the skulls of his two eldest sons to taunt him and threatening to have his remaining children—who are being Forced to Watch—raped by his men unless he begs for death. Capturing Casterly Rock before having the Lannister forces killed and sending their heads to Queen Cersei Lannister and King Rhaegar Targaryen, Euron reveals he sent Balon's sons and his brother Aeron into battles they cannot hope to win as simple distractions. Later seizing two dragon eggs and having Robb Stark tossed into the sea after capturing his lover Asha Greyjoy, Euron attempts to sacrifice Asha and several children so as to hatch the eggs. Ordering massive sections of King's Landing torched by wildfire in the meantime, Euron's last offer to a captured Robb is to either burn with Asha or watch her die. A power-hungry Psychopathic Manchild who thirsts for godhood, Euron wasn't afraid to kill anyone who stood in his way, including his own family.
- Reunions: Melisandre of Asshai lacks the good intentions of her book and TV series counterparts, masterminding a wildfire attack in the prologue that destroys most of Harrenhal. On Dragonstone, Melisandre continues with her Burn the Witch! rituals. Her eventual plan is to sacrifice Shireen to the Lord of Light; she has been slipping sedatives into Shireen's food so she won't resist, biding her time until Stannis, who is on his deathbed due to more shadow creations, dies. When Stannis dies, Melisandre attempts to collect Shireen, but her plans are foiled by Davos, who escapes to the North with Shireen. Melisandre leaves Dragonstone, leaving her loyalists to die at the hands of Lannister forces. She journeys to Slavers' Bay, where she masterminds the downfall of the Slaver Cities and the imprisonment of Daenerys Targaryen. Melisandre manages to take control of the dragons without Daenerys's knowledge and uses Drogon to rescue Daenerys, while Rhaegal and Viserion destroy the Slaver Cities. With nowhere to turn, Daenerys goes to Asshai with her remaining supporters and Melisandre. Three days after their arrival, Melisandre orchestrates the murders of all of Daenerys's supporters apart from Barristan Selmy and reveals her role in the downfall of the Slaver Cities and her plot to put Daenerys and her dragons in her power and sacrifice them to awaken the Lord of Light.
- Goosebumps fanfiction Goosebumps United: Sarah Maas, in contrast to her canon counterpart, is far more evil and ruthless, and proves that, sometimes, Humans Are the Real Monsters. After her mother is killed by Slappy the Dummy, Sarah joins Billy Deep's club to rid the city of monsters, ostensibly to avenge her mother's death. However, she soon rejects that notion and becomes just as evil as the monsters she was fighting against. Forcing Billy to kill a harmless monster, Sarah chastises him for showing empathy and being "weak." After Sarah threatens Billy's sister Sheena, she is sent to scout the new HorrorLand amusement park. Upon being captured by the monsters, Sarah pulls a Face–Heel Turn. Apparently proving her loyalty to the monsters by nearly killing Sheena, an action which shocks even the other monsters, Sarah then engineers a destructive battle between the two groups in HorrorLand, injuring many bystanders, but not before burning down the children's hideout. Sarah then imprisons both the monsters and every child who has ever encountered one, along with their parents, planning to have them all killed. She then convinces a Mad Scientist to try and erase everyone's memories to prevent an escape. After her plans are foiled, which involves an Enemy Mine with Billy's group and the monsters, Sarah snaps and steals a gun and tries to kill Billy, gunning down multiple people and even shooting her father, moments before her death.
- Sherlock Holmes fanfiction The Ghost Map: Both Sebastian Moran and the Serial Killer he hires count. Moran, just to get Sherlock Holmes's attention, hires Dr. Jacob Land to cause a cholera outbreak in London. This outbreak results in nearly 150 deaths, including that of Holmes's friend Wiggins, just to make it personal. When Holmes confronts the two, the killer delivers a Breaking Lecture, and taunts Holmes about Wiggins's death; Moran stabs Holmes with a syringe and leaves him to die.
- Godzilla: Invasion of King Ghidorah: King Ghidorah is as bad as ever. While Godzilla himself, the son of the original, is no saint, he at least has the Freudian Excuse of his father's death at the hands of humans, and Mothra helps him and some other monsters see that not all humans are bad. Ghidorah, however, arrives on Earth via a meteorite and immediately sets out to conquer the planet. The first thing he does after arriving on Earth is using his gravity beams to destroy Tokyo. Ghidorah then faces off with Godzilla and Anguirus, torturing them with blasts of electricity when they refuse to join him. Ghidorah then sets about destroying the island of Osaka, massacring scores of people, before finally being driven off the planet.
- Godzilla Neo:
- Space Godzilla was initially a massive meteorite of crystallized energy capable of emitting psionic energy. After destroying a NASA space shuttle, Space Godzilla crash landed on Infant Island and kidnapped Junior, Godzilla's adopted son. Turning the city of Fukuoka into his new crystal fortress, Space Godzilla used some of Junior's DNA to form a new body for himself and eagerly awaited his upcoming fight against Godzilla and MOGUERA. He nearly killed Godzilla while he was reuniting with his son and once his powers started going out of control, he destroyed MOGUERA and summoned a black hole to destroy the world simply out of spite. After being banished to another realm by Godzilla, Space Godzilla spent the next thirteen years honing his powers and planning his escape. Implied to be responsible for the Crystal Incursion of 2007, Space Godzilla hoped to finally defeat Godzilla and absorb all the Power Crystals on Earth, which would turn him into the most powerful being in the galaxy.
- High Inquisitor Axor was an advisor to the Empress of Mu and used his powers of mind control to achieve higher standing in society. Longing for control over the Mu Empire, Axor used his powers to enslave Balkzardan and Jyarumu and threatened to unleash them upon Mu if the people did not accept him as their new emperor. When Manda tried to protect Mu, Axor ordered the many people he had previously used his powers on to take up arms and rise against their protector. After the Empress ordered her loyal advisor Shisa to leave with Manda and find reinforcements, she was taken prisoner and tortured by Axor, who was hoping to break the Empress's spirit and turn her into his new slave. Shisa returned with Mothra and the armies of Infant Island and challenged Axor to a duel, losing due to Axor's cowardly tactics. Axor was stabbed by the Empress and in order to ensure his victory, transferred his soul into a statue of a dark god and used his new powers to enslave Manda. Axor was finally defeated thanks to the combined efforts of Mothra and King Caesar, but he had secretly planted explosives that were set to detonate in the event of his death, ensuring that his homeland would be completely destroyed along with him.
- The Dark Knight Trilogy fan series The Joker Blogs: Most versions of The Joker qualify for this trope, and this version is no exception. To name a few of his crimes, he kills people on an almost regular basis, held Lisa Arkham hostage and threatened to kill her if her husband Dr. Arkham didn't comply, kidnapped and tormented both Nurse Pearl and Lyle Bolton, and gradually manipulated Harley until she snapped.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe fanfic MCU Rewrites: Madame B., the Big Bad of Black Widow, is the head instructor of the Red Room, a KGB training facility focused on training young girls into becoming remorseless assassins. Madame B.'s training regiment includes pitting the girls against each other in combat, implanting false memories and trigger words that'll make them more subservient to their handlers, and lengthy, arduous ballet sessions where the girls are executed if they show any signs of fatigue. She forces her top student Natasha Romanoff to scavenge for her own survival supplies out in the bitter cold, and later has her kill her best friend Yelena to prove her obedience. Madame B. demonstrates her students' efficiency by ordering Natasha to murder, in cold blood, a man tied to a chair, and uses another girl's trigger words to force her to kill a young boy. After their missions, the girls are subjected to periodic mind wipes to make their cover stories convincing. When Natasha shows signs of guilt after causing a hospital fire that killed dozens of children, Madame B. puts her through extensive electroshock therapy to erase her memories of her mission and continues to send her on missions to kill diplomats of foreign countries. Continuing her work in the Red Room long after the end of the Cold War, Madame B. viewed the girls under her care solely as weapons made to only serve their handlers.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street fanfilm series Tales from Elm Street: Freddy Krueger is just as much of a monster in this series of fan videos as he is in canon. In The Slasher from Elm Street, he murders a little boy named Mikey. In Another Tale from Elm Street, he murders a little girl named Suzie. In A Tale from Elm Street, he vows to kill Nancy Thompson, daughter of interrogating officer Donald Thompson, and is noted to have raped and killed five children, though he states that he believes the body count is higher. In The Legend of Elm Street, he returns from the grave after being killed by the parents of Springwood and attacks Mikey's mother, Mary, in her dream. Freddy taunts Mary about Mikey's death before preparing to kill her. After Mary begs him to leave her family alone, he decides to target the children of the parents instead, believing it will hurt them more. He mockingly thanks Mary for giving him the idea, planning to leave her alive to live with the fact that she gave him the idea to go after the children. When Mary vows to tell the other parents, Freddy stabs her in the head, putting her in a coma.
- The Punisher (2004) Fan Film Dirty Laundry, starring Thomas Jane: Goldtooth is a vicious gang leader, drug dealer and pimp who crosses as many lines as he can in his limited screentime. When he sees one of his prostitutes who owes him money, he beats her up and rapes her, while letting his men rough up her two friends. He then sees a small boy who refused to run drugs for him, and has his men beat and threaten to kill the kid. When a mysterious stranger takes note of this, Goldtooth threatens to kill him too if he tries to interfere. A wheelchair-bound shopkeeper soon reveals that he was incapacitated when a gang, implied to be led by the same gang leader, did the same thing by killing a young girl for refusing to become a drug runner.
- Jessica Jones (2015) Fan Film Killgrave: The Purple Man: The titular "Purple Man," real name Zebediah Killgrave, is a lunatic with mind-controlling and a love for tormenting others. Having been terrorizing New York City through such means as forcing people to kill themselves and their loved ones, Killgrave is introduced ordering a young woman to jump to her death from a skyscraper. Later, Killgrave corners the two detectives tracking him, and, after having one shoot himself in the head, reveals he has already forced the other to murder his wife and child and enjoy the act, and ultimately orders the man to go kill himself after taunting Killgrave's Arch-Enemy Jessica Jones. Killgrave makes the most of his limited screen time to be a truly deplorable madman committing his crimes solely for his own amusement.
Video Games & Visual Novels
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: The Mysterious Bust Killer, Apollo's partner Rhea Wits, murdered a dozen people including her brother. The killer tricked the innocent Robert Erlenmeyer into believing he was responsible for the murders, and made him confess. After Erlenmeyer's escape, the killer planned to kill him and hide his body so the police would be left searching for a dead man, leaving the killer free to kill again. After the judge witnessed the killer trying to bury Erlenmeyer alive in a cemetery, the killer decided to just kill the judge and frame Erlenmeyer for his murder as well. After being accused by Apollo of being the true killer, the killer taunted him and implied that Apollo would be the next target. The actual Mysterious Bust Killer, when finally revealed, said that at least they made better use of their life than the victims did of theirs.
- Operation: Turnabout:
- The Big Bad, Captain Adel Renard, was a corrupt member of the Peace Corps, selling explosives to enemy groups. When he learned that a group of insurgents were planning to pay him in foreign money that they knew would be useless to him in exchange for Helios 6 explosives, he decided to backstab them first. Convincing the corrupt Captain Janus Harvey to help him deliver the explosives, he neglected to give the group the detonator, rendering the explosives useless. He than called the police and had the insurgents sent to the firing squad before they could testify against him. After convincing Harvey to kill most of his platoon to prevent them from ever learning of the incident, he proceeded to blackmail Harvey over the incident, knowing that the latter had no evidence the former was involved. When Harvey was going to be granted immunity in exchange for testifying about the Helios 6 incident, Renard poisoned him. After Phoenix exposes his past crimes in court, he brags about them to the courtroom while stating that since they ere committed overseas, he cannot be tried for them. He than taunted Siegfried and Victoria about their upcoming executions for a murder they did not commit, even mocking Victoria about her lost eye by calling her a "cyclops".
- The aforementioned Captain Janus Harvey was a corrupt member of the Peace Corps who was convinced by the Big Bad to help smuggle explosives to a group of insurgents, not knowing of his manipulations but expecting to receive a legitimate amount of money while the insurgents would be able to use the explosives for whatever evil intents they had. After being betrayed, and knowing he couldn't prove Renard was involved, he still followed his advice to murder most of his platoon in an explosion so that they could never uncover what he had done. He never felt any remorse for his actions, and spent the rest of his life trying to pin the blame on others while insisting he had done no wrong, only agreeing to testify about the incident when he was promised immunity for any involvement.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Conflict of Interest: Carlo Luciano was an assassin for the Rivales Family, killing many people. After Francisco Mendirez tried to kill him, Luciano faked his own death and devoted his life to making Mendirez suffer. Impersonating Mendirez, he contacted Nathen Togamera and got him to work for him, before murdering Cody Hackins and framing Togamera for it. He proceeded to try and have Maya Fey assassinated, intending for his henchman Raphael Donatello and Donatello's forced accomplice Meredith Fey to both be convicted for it. Finally, he goes on a killing spree, murdering various people and framing Mendirez for the killings in an attempt to have him executed. When Phoenix proves Luciano is the true culprit, he takes Mark Watters hostage and tries to shoot and kill Phoenix.
- Five Nights at Candy's: RAT was a callous, violent alcoholic in life, until one of his coworkers killed him in self-defense after he tried to strangle him to death for demanding he go home after showing up to work drunk. Since he was playing hide-and-seek with Mary at the time of his death, he blamed her for it and related by mutilating her brother in front of her and a crowd of people when he possessed his old costume. This results in Mary having terrifying nightmares, which then enters as Shadow RAT to torture her mentally. When Mary became a security guard at Candy's years later, he gleefully attempted to kill her then but failed. After Mary was fired, RAT brutally ripped apart Chester, one of his fellow animatronics, for opening the door to his room. He then killed a night guard, and got Candy framed for the deed, resulting in the sentient Animatronics being being left to rot in their old robotics factory. When Maryland, Mary's daughter, arrived at the factory on a dare, he attempts to kill her too. If he gets her, her wounds would be considered those of a bear attack.
- You Seem Acquainted With Those Doors: Charles Cooper was the first security guard of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. A brilliant man, he convinced his boss that he could make the animatronics for the restaurant in return for a little extra money. He then started to build the machines that night. When he came back to the pizzeria, he was horrified to see that the animatronics had been tampered with. Desperate, he donned on the Golden Freddy costume, and proceeded to lure five children into the backroom of the restaurant. Once there, he pulled out a butcher knife and he then proceeded to hack the children up with it. He then used their arms and legs to finish constructing the animatronics, and he also used the Golden Freddy costume to throw away the other body parts. He would've gotten away with this heinous crime had it not have been for the Bite of '87, and he was immediately arrested. He was found guilty of five counts of murder and was sentenced to death. Throughout his trial, Cooper tried to justify his actions by saying that they were "for education". Vile and determined, Charles was willing to go to any level to get money, even if it meant murder.
- Cupies: Leo is a sadistic dragon who torments the Cupie Kingdom. A greedy creature, Leo attacks the Cupie Kingdom, during which he scares a family into their home, then burns it to the ground. He did this in order to blackmail the king into paying him on a monthly basis under threat of slaughtering the whole kingdom. During one of his monthly visits, when Leo cruelly crushes a guard to death in his hand for the king “getting too pushy”, King Cupie decides to call in Kirby to free them from this threat. When confronted by Kirby, a terrified Leo sets fire to a populated building as a distraction. When defeated, the king asks him why he attacked them, to which Leo reveals he thought it would be easy to push them around.
- Kirby Adventure: Zykan is a supposed "honorable knight" who was introduced to be one of Talzo's thugs at first. However, he revealed to be something worse in his second appearance. Throughout the comic, Zykan commits several dishonorable acts such as turning Saia into a statue and threatens to break her into pieces if the KAS members didn't surrender, and then stabs and kills Keito in the back, said actions ending up mentally-scarring some KAS members. When the tides are turned against Talzo's gang and when Zykan found out that Kiina is unable to fight, Zykan then forcefully reprograms her to be much more aggressive by tearing her to pieces. In his third appearance, Zykan then leads a full-frontal assault to HAND's base and kills most of the members—including Keito's clone—except the leader, Yiel, and forces him to finish the aforementioned programming. In the battle with Meta Knights where his second in command asks him to patch the hole in his tire to keep him from dying, Zykan instead left him to die. In the final confrontation against the KAS, Zykan kills one of his creations, "Soo", because he felt he was spineless against the enemy. Remorseless and needlessly cruel to his teammates and his enemies alike, Zykan darkens the mood in an otherwise-lighthearted webcomic.
- Origins of Sectonia: Dark Meta Knight is a vengeful being who is determined to get payback for Kirby killing his master.When Sectonia's husband, Herrick, brings home the Dimensional Mirror that the Knight resides in, he first reveals himself to Herrick by forcing him to drink a vial of poison to drive Sectonia into despair. That's when he possesses her and forces her obsession with vanity. He makes her abuse Taranza and neglect her subjects. While they are starving and struggling to survive, he makes her waste the kingdom's money on beauty products. The whole time, Sectonia is fully aware of what is happening, but is powerless to stop it. Dark Meta Knight only ever cared about himself; his vendetta isn't even about loyalty, but is because his master was his "only source of power in this world."
- Unnamed Kirby fan comic by Nitro: This interpretation of Zero is far worse than its canon counterpart. Ordering Gooey to be disposed of because it sees it as weak and useless, it personally discards of any positive emotions it could use for good. When it turns out Gooey wasn't killed, it orders a Dark Matter to hunt down every living thing on Popstar and kill Gooey, and when this Dark Matter can't bring itself to do this and falls to Kirby, Zero subjects him to a more painful death by giving it a full range of emotions, due to feeling sympathy for Gooey. A notably different interpretation of the character, it purposefully removes any sympathy it could have for anything, and thus for itself, so it can carry on killing.
- The Legend of Spyro Retelling: A New Beginning: Dredd, the commanding Ape in the Tall Plains area. His Establishing Character Moment is trying to get information out of Kane by dropping one of Kane's tribesmen to his death from several thousand feet. He then tells Kane he intends to kill as many of the Atlawian Tribe as he has to in order to get the information he wants, happily adding that he might use some of them as target practice. He does this all for the few, very minute mining deposits they have left that the Ape hadn't already pillaged from them. He only gets worse after his Villainous Breakdown when his Bad Boss tendencies begin to kick in.
- The Legend of Spyro: A New Dawn: Empress Tyrania stands in stark contrast to the relatively sympathetic Deadlock. Tyrania carried out three genocides, one of which was of her own species, so that she could re create her race and make herself empress. Tyrania kills her own minions just for fun, captures people to use as slaves, and has a torture chamber with a window for her viewing pleasures. When confronted, she slowly kills Ember's father while Ember is Forced to Watch, and then prepares to kill Spyro, Cynder, and Ember. Her endgame is to enslave the dragon race and kill any that are too weak to be used. A cruel gargoyle with the laugh of a lunatic who loved the sound of screaming, Tyrania stood to show just how much of a monster Deadlock was not.
- Pokemon Black And White Tale Of A Legend: With this story demonstrating his evil to a greater extent, Ghetsis Harmonia is able to show how far he is willing to go for power and global domination. Plotting behind the Seven Sages and Plasma King N, Ghetsis usually has members of his organization take Pokémon by force under the guise of Pokémon liberation. In the meantime, he sets his sights of the Ebony and Pure Stones to get his hands on Zekrom and Reshiram. Ghetsis approves of the Plasma Frigate turning Opelucid City and Lacunosa Town—the latter being the main characters' hometown—to frozen wastelands as a show of power, tries to dispose of hired hand Phantom after he retrieves the Ebony Stone he desired, and Alder reveals that in the past, Ghetsis was responsible for the passing of his longtime partner. In the Battle of Vertress, Ghetsis makes his Beheeyem brainwash Thrin and force her to battle her brother, Volan, for the fate of Unova as per a prophecy. When N and Thrin both fail to live up his plan's expectations, an enraged Ghetsis falls off the deep end and commands an out-of-control Kyurem, aiming to eliminate all of his staunchest opposition. He then uses the DNA Splicers to reform the Original Dragon, Perfect Kyurem, an abomination of all three dragons, intending to menace everyone. Despite his initial gentlemanly charm, Ghetsis shows how little he cares for other people, including his "son" N, and is perfectly willing to destroy whatever and throw away whoever on his path to power.
- Pokémon: Hard Mode: Mewtwo is the Big Bad of the FireRed arc. A clone of the legendary Pokémon Mew, Mewtwo grew a hatred for humanity due to being tortured by one of the scientists who created him. After killing a scientist who took no part in his torture in a rage and destroying the laboratory he was created in, Mewtwo came across Mew, who trapped the former on a deserted island in hopes that it would give Mewtwo time for his anger to subside. Despite calming down and regaining sanity, Mewtwo still held his hatred of humanity despite knowing not all of them are cruel, attempting to slowly choke a human who accidentally washed on the island shore to death, simply because he believes it's been too long since he's killed somebody. Looking for a way to break the seal that keeps him trapped on the island, Mewtwo deceives Ruby into killing the three legendary birds, who kept Mewtwo's power restrained, by pretending to be the ghost of Ruby's deceased Nuzleaf. After Ruby defeats Gary and is about to be crowned Elite Four Champion, Mewtwo breaks the minds of everybody in the stadium except for Ruby, and frames Mew for it, intending for Ruby to kill Mew and completely break the seal. Mewtwo mocks Ruby for being tricked by him and proclaims that he looks forward to enjoying his newfound freedom, and might as well Kill All Humans while he's at it, promising to kill Ruby last as his way of "thanks".
- Pokémon: Storm Clouds: Masque, a Team Rocket agent who specializes in using hypnotic powers to strip Pokémon of their identities and make them his willing servants, is the true Big Bad. While initially presented as an ambiguous figure in the story and somewhat Affably Evil, he is gradually revealed to be a sick, twisted individual who enjoys the amount of control his mind games give him over others. He takes pleasure in stripping Pokémon of their identities and secretly manipulates all the higher-ups of Team Rocket for fun. He later breaks away from Team Rocket and attacks the hometown of the protagonists. While he does have an ulterior motive, it's still clear that he takes a disgusting amount of pleasure in terrorizing and slaughtering the residents of the small town with his Pokémon. When one of the protagonists call him out on his manipulations and accuses him of viewing humans as nothing more than tools, he responds thusly:
I don't see human beings as tools. That distinction is reserved for Pokémon. No, I see people more as...toys. There's a distinct difference, you see. A tool is used to accomplish something, while a toy is just there to be played with. I wasn't using Giovanni for anything other than my own amusement. And like any toy, he eventually stopped being entertaining—and when a toy bores you, there's only one thing to do: snap it in half and throw it in the garbage. That's it, end of story.
- The Stardom Series: Ardos is the Grand Master of a revived Team Cipher, now known as Reverse Cipher, after spending time gathering loyal remnants of the dispersed syndicate to serve him. Having been contacted by Giovanni to form a partnership, Ardos uses Team Rocket as a means to perfect a new form of Pokerus, called the XDrus, which should not only "shut the door to a Pokémon's heart" but also increase their fighting capabilities. Also, he uses the new "Ankoku" variant to infect Giratina with the intention of making it the ultimate killing machine that cannot be purified, unlike XD001. He has Stein combine the infected Giratina with Rayquaza's life force to create the abomination known as "Dark Giraquazar Forme". With everything now in place, Ardos unleashes Shadow Giratina on Sinnoh Island, destroying half of it and terrorizing the population as a show of force. The psychotic Ardos then callously betrays Giovanni, reveals he turned most of Team Rocket against its former boss, and has him fall to an attempted Disney Death. Ardos bears every intention of desolating Orre with Shadow Giratina, infecting the remaining regions' wild Pokémon with Shadow Pokerus, and stamping out all resistance without mercy. Obsessed with power and destruction, Ardos is a deranged, unfettered sociopath whose ultimate goal is to have Dialga and Palkia infected with Ankoku-ShadowPokérus, spread the virus throughout the world, and bring all Shadow Pokémon—wild or captured—under his iron fist and rule as "the Grand Master of a grand, dark empire."
- Nazo Unleashed: Nazo was formed from the negative energy of the Chaos Emeralds, and desired to steal the Emeralds for himself for the purpose of gaining more power. After stealing a Chaos Emerald from a city, Nazo decided to destroy the city and kill all of its inhabitants for his own amusement. When he defeats Knuckles, Sonic, and Shadow, Nazo later brutally kills Tails for interrupting his attempt to kill Sonic. After he uses the Chaos Emeralds to transform into Perfect Nazo, he reveals that, because the Master Emerald will always have more power than him, he'll destroy the Earth and cause the Master Emerald's shattered pieces to spread throughout space, all out of envy. He also states that when he defeats the heroes, he'll go on to destroy the entire universe.
- Untitled series by JudasFM: Raker the Jackal first appears in Caves of the Ancients, before which he had sold Tails out to a slave mine, and much earlier on, killed his own father, leading to his mother's suicide by drowning, and abusing his brother, who he renamed Bait, while ever since leading a gang responsible for actions like blowing up houses. While Sonic, Knuckles, and Bait head to the Scrap Brain Zone to save Tails, Raker stalks them the whole way, and blows up the Oil Ocean Zone during one of their confrontations. When Sonic calls him out on this the next day, his response is to casually say he didn't stop to think things through. In the next fic Sins of the Mothers, he teams up with Knuckles's thought-to-be-dead mother and Dr. Robotnik, in hopes of getting Bait back, just so that he could torture and kill him. Getting him back also involved blowing up a building with Vector inside. Robotnik finds his actions just as appalling as everyone else. Bait is the only one who has any respect for him, because of "family loyalty", even though Sonic tries to get through to him that Raker does not return this. It speaks volumes when even Sekko, who runs the aforementioned slave mine and ordered Knuckles's lost sister dead before being killed himself by the person he asked to carry it out, pales in comparison.
- La Belle: The murderer (Sergio) kills off the smashers one by one in sadistic and creative ways, with no mercy given to any of the children. His murders include burning Donkey Kong alive and sealing Mewtwo underground in a coffin He frames Ganondorf for the killings and tricks the smashers into executing him, not even to get away, but just so he can trick them into killing an innocent person. He broadcasts Samus Aran's death so he can taunt the smashers. It is later revealed that he planned on sacrificing the smashers' souls to the Devil. He claims to have a Freudian Excuse (a bad childhood), but some of the other smashers claim that they also had bad childhoods and didn’t turn out bad.
- There Will Be Brawl: This Darker and Edgier take on Super Smash Bros. goes Up to Eleven with its portrayal of Kirby, known here as "The Coral Cannibal". Having been arrested for multiple murders before the story starts, he's quickly established to be a dangerously intelligent maniac who takes glee in tormenting his victims. Driving the powerful gang leader Mewtwo insane with his preachings, Kirby purposely disrupted the power balance of the Mushroom Kingdom, turning it into a desolate and poverty-stricken land, before manipulating children into killing Mewtwo when he's done with him. As the story unfolds, it becomes clear that every major character has been harmed by him, and Meta Knight even goes so far as to devote his life to guarding Kirby's cell. A diabolical master of psychology, Kirby pretends to help Peach before she disappears, the finale revealing that he gruesomely killed her and left her body on display for the Mario brothers to find. Kirby never displays anything but satisfaction and sadism towards the suffering he brings.
- Fire Emblem fanfiction Fire Emblem Awakening: Invisible Ties:
- Gangrel is the king of Plegia and the first enemy Chrom, Robin, and the Shepherds face. The son of one of the last Plegian King's nephews to claim the throne, Gangrel uses his authority to harass Ylisse in hopes of instigating a war and destroy the country. He starts off by having his army attack Ylissean border towns, where both soldiers and civilians die, including Themis, Maribelle's homeland. After kidnapping her, Gangrel calls a peace hearing with Emmeryn. After his demands aren't met, he orders hiding soldiers to ambush her and the Shepherds. Finally getting the war he desired, he later captures Emmeryn herself when she insisted on peace. When the Shepherds are cornered thanks to their trump card getting shot down in the rescue, Gangrel gives Chrom a choice, the Fire Emblem or his sister's life. When Emmeryn falls off to ensure her sibling's survival, Gangrel laughs in sick enjoyment while everyone is shocked or grieving. In the last attack on Plegia, the Shepherds encounter Gangrel at the castle gate where he hung the corpses of Commander Phila, Duke Aerir, and Duke Themis, the last of whom is Maribelle's father; Gangrel later recounts to Chrom in their final duel how he enjoyed making them beg for death. Lacking the Freudian Excuse of his game counterpart, Gangrel eventually showed his true colors to horrified Plegians, a mad king who wanted war, blood, and glory.
- The crimes of Validar have been greatly expanded. He abused and trained Robin to make him the perfect vessel for Grima up until his wife spirited his son away, resulting in Validar eventually finding and murdering her for this reason. Throughout the course of the story, Validar exerts Mind Control over Robin to point he fragmented his mind in one attempt to kill him and later has Robin almost kill Chrom to claim the Fire Emblem, almost pushing Robin to despair. After ripping Donnel's heart out, he controls Morgon, his own granddaughter, to have her facilitate the revival of Grima and use as leverage against Robin. A ruthless and heartless fanatic, Validar cared for no one, using Plegia—both citizens and army members—as unwitting pawns, culminating in sacrificing half of the country as tribute to the Fell Dragon.
- The Legend of Zelda fanfiction The Legend of Zelda: The Sage of Darkness: Davik, Link's uncle and also the title villain. He seems to train Link in the ways of the Hero, only he's really attempting to feed Link hatred and anger in order to speed up Ganon's revival, even supplying him with the White Sword, one of Ganon's artifacts. He's also manipulating Ertegun for his own agenda, and it is also hinted that he also plans on betraying Ganon as part of his agenda as well. He also brutally murdered Link's parents as well as poisoned his own sister. He was no reason whatsoever, aside from possibly trying to get Link to go down the road of hatred even more. And his real plan is to extinguish the Cycle of Eternity, which may result in the destruction of the entire world, for no reason besides hating it for unspecified reasons.
- Minecraft fan work Minecraft Endventures: Wrecker takes part in the plundering of the human city following the Enderdragon’s attack. Only interested in killing humans for the Endermaster, Wrecker is perfectly willing to let his superior, Endreai, die in battle against a human to get his position, until he notices the human’s family. Taking them hostage, he forces the human to stand down, then kills them, letting the human live to drown in his sorrow. Leading efforts to kill and devour escaping humans, Wrecker finds and attempts to kill Colin, Red and Porkey, but is driven off by Shadow. Recognizing Shadow’s enderman form, he hides on the endermen's ship before it is hijacked by the heroes and tries to kill Red, but is foiled by Click-Clack and Shadow. Wrecker is promoted to general after Endreai's execution, and leads the endermen in an attack on the human rebels main base. Stealing flint and steel from a human whom he burns alive, Wrecker ignites TNT and destroys the human fortress, slaughtering the rebels afterwards. Recognizing the leader as the same human whose family he had killed, Wrecker kills one of his men for refusing to give him his Endblade before taunting the leader as he handily defeats him. Before he kills him, he reveals his twisted philosophy, that by killing others he becomes stronger. A competent Sociopathic Soldier, Wrecker really stands out as a terrifying villain in an initially light-hearted animation.
- Persona 3 fanfiction A Demon Among Devils: This verse's Kokabiel is the most evil and sadistic member of the Fallen Angels and the former leader of their council the Grigori. He's a genocidal maniac who firmly believes in the superiority of the Fallen, rekindling the Great War to wipe out as many other species as possible. He kills his Father to assume his power, will happily torture his enemies to death, callously sacrifices his own soldiers, and plans on raping Rias and Sona before killing them just to piss off Sirzechs and Serafall.
- Super Mario 64 Game Mod Super Mario 64: Last Impact: Rashay is a snarky, cruel moon spirit who seeks to force the moon to crash into the Mushroom Kingdom, and kill everyone on the planet solely for the thrill of it. After revealing his presence near the end of the game, he kidnaps Princess Peach and forces Mario to exchange a large amount of Power Stars for the Princess to ensure her safety. After infiltrating his Moon Cellar, where at one point Mario is forced to fling himself through painful lava for Rashay's amusement, Mario fights Rashay only to find out that he can't be hurt through conventional means. Upon this revelation, Rashay defeats Mario and continues to viciously beat the fallen plumber even after his loss, purely out a deranged sense of bloodlust.
- The Black Dragon: Adam Taurus is a ruthless dragon who refuses to believe his violent methods are wrong. Introduced shooting Blake to abduct Ruby, Blake's nightmare reveals he staged a one-man attack on Mengerie when he felt the Faunus there were ungrateful to him. This attack resulted in Ghira's death. In present day, he strikes Ruby and gleefully slaughters a section of the city he and Ruby are in as an "invitation" to Blake. When Blake and Kali arrive, it is revealed that Adam tortured Ruby to avoid boredom while waiting for them to show up. He then attempted to slit her throat, but was tackled by Kali. This results in a huge fight between the three breaking out, with Adam attempting to kill Kali to spite Blake.
- Could've Gone Better: Azar Copper is a small-time drug lord in Marron's part of Mistral. Introduced coldly executing a man who didn't pay him on time, Azar's more heinous crimes were revealed through flashback. Originally a no-name cop, Azar was arrested by his own partner when he threatened to kill a woman who wouldn’t pay him for "protection". His career on the line, Azar was approached by small-time drug lord Alderam, who promised to make his problems go away if Azar worked for him. Agreeing, Azar thanked him by killing Alderam's wife and son, causing Alderam to commit suicide, all so he could take over his drug organization. He later destroyed Robin and Silk's friendship by threatening Robin with a picture of Alderam's dead son, causing her to leave Silk, who wanted her to join Azar's operation. After Robin left, Azar spent years physically abusing and grilling Silk to kill Robin out of paranoia that she'll rat on him, eventually threatening to kill her if she doesn't. When Silk—who was wearing a wire—warns Robin and Marron, an enraged Azar and his partner try to kill all three of them. When his partner is knocked unconscious during the fight, Azar kills him for "screwing up", before continuing his assault on the girls.
- The Makings of Team CRME:
- My Name Is Cinder: Brigit Stark is the abusive mother of Cinder Fall. A Gold Digger, Brigit married Cinder’s father with the intention of driving him to suicide and taking his inheritance, having three children with him. A young Cinder hears her mother talking about trying to get rid of her and her older brother before they were born, planning to do the same with this unborn child in an attempt to get Cinder’s father to commit suicide out of grief. When she catches Cinder listening, she almost strangles her to death before dragging her to bed and threatening her in a motherly tone. Growing impatient, Brigit eventually told Cinder’s father the truth about her intentions with marrying him, causing him to commit suicide, much to the horror of his children. After this, Brigit turned Cinder’s siblings against her and made her a slave in her own home, just because she could. She would regularly beat and scream at Cinder, or have Cinder’s older brother, Sterling, bully Cinder on her behalf. In one instance, she beat Cinder for trying to sneak into the kitchen to get a glass of water, afterwards revealing why her father committed suicide and wishing her to do the same. When Sterling started to reach eighteen, she poisoned him to death to keep him from getting any of the inheritance. When Cinder finally snaps, drugs her, ties her to the railing of the stairs, and sets the house aflame with a dust crystal. Brigit goes from threatening the young Cinder to pathetically begging for Cinder to save her. A selfish, greedy, coward, Brigit is single-handedly responsible for Cinder becoming the monster she is.
- The Black Hearts: Marcus Black is the sadistic, psychopathic father of Mercury Black. He was an Atlas soldier who joined solely to kill people. He was disgraced and discharged after an assault on Vacuo. He later became an alcoholic assassin who sometimes tortured his victims for his own entertainment and sometimes for extra pay. He regularly beat his wife, Melanie, and beat Mercury mostly out anger and sadism. When Melanie only wanted him to eat dinner before abruptly leaving for a job, he beat her after she decided to argue with him about it and took Mercury with him. On that job, the target had his daughter with him and he held her at gunpoint with the intent to kill simply because she was a witness. First, he forced Mercury to kill her father right in front of her, despite his own son's protests to at least kill her first so she didn't have to watch her father die. After living in the mountains, Mercury finally snaps at Marcus and calls him a horrible father and a disgrace of a soldier. This prompts him to ruthlessly attempt to murder his own son " free of charge". He never cared one bit about his family and did many horrible things without remorse.
- CRME: Cinder Fall remorselessly murders her sister, claiming it was a Mercy Kill, and admits she has killed multiple innocents in the past. Abusing and manipulating Emerald into being loyal to her, when the mother of her other follower, Mercury, threatens her son to leave Cinder or be killed, Cinder strangles his mother to death, not out of care for Mercury but to keep a warrior. When Mercury calls Cinder out for becoming the same abusive monster as her own mother, Cinder has Emerald assail him with projections of his abusive parents to overwhelm him into obedience. Willing to engage in terrorist activities to keep her followers focused on her and threatening to throw Emerald to the street for questioning her, Cinder is a narcissistic psychopath.
- A Rose Burnt to Cinders: After the Fall of Beacon, Salem has successfully brought about the fall of humanity. She prides her self in killing all the remaining huntsman who come to fight her and crushing humanity's hope. She kills both Ozpin and Glynda as Glynda was trying to save him, keeping the former's skull as a trophy and taking pride in mocking the latter's Senseless Sacrifice. She allows Cinder the power to possess Ruby into being her obedient slave and is even proud of her for it. But the thing she cares for most is destruction and death. She thinks Cinder is still soft for not appreciating the thrill of the kill while instead having a pointless attachment to Ruby. To show her weakness, she takes advantage of Emerald's jealousy of Ruby and has her attempt to kill her. When Cinder kills Emerald in retaliation and revives Ruby, Salem considers her to be an imperfection that must be purged. When the time comes and Cinder comes to rebel against her with Weiss and Ruby, she orders Raven to kill them. When she fails and is fatally injured, Salem simply picks Raven up and shatters every bone in her body, killing her almost instantly while throwing her aside and thinking of her as "worthless". She then takes away the possession to make Ruby hate Cinder for torturing her. And as a final kick to the teeth to Cinder, she tells her that while she may want validation, the only way she can truly get it is by forcing them to respect her.
- Ruby and Nora series:
- Ruby's Birthday: Admah Keter, a deranged Serial Killer who is considered one of the most dangerous criminals in Remnant, was noted to have killed his own mother and three families. When Ironwood plans to have him locked in an airship over the Halloween weekend with the rest of Vale's most dangerous criminals, Keter plots to break out, but his Semblance is nullified. This Semblance is something he intentionally does not let anyone else know and he tricks a guard into getting him out of them, only to realize that his Semblance is actually Teleportation, which is how he got into those families' homes. He blackmails another prisoner, Hector, to hack into Beacon's computer files to find Ozpin's most important students. After stealing scissors by stabbing a store owner and killing the family of the guard that let him outnote , he acquires a laptop by stabbing a teenage girl and her family just because the girl had a laptop. After finding out about Ruby's silver eyes and the fact that Ozpin finds it important, he decides to cut her eyes out and kills Hector, something he brags about to Ironwood and Ozpin just after killing one of Ironwood's soldiers, Olive, who was investigating his crimes. When he finds Teams RWBY and JNPR on Halloween night, Keter stabs Weiss to draw Ruby out of the bathroom to capture her. He calls the teams to brag about how he'll harm Ruby and how he stabbed Weiss while Yang and Pyrrhanote on the other end. He explains to Ruby that ending families to snuff out their bloodlines is something that he enjoys doing—basically, he does it all For the Evulz—and when Ironwood and Ozpin have to have him killed for knowing about the silver-eyed warriors and their importance, no one questions them about his death, thinking things would be much safer now that he's gone.
- Weiss and Pyrrha: Abigail Lemon, the Big Bad, is an unrepentant Serial Killer who works as a nurse where Weiss is staying. She initially presents herself as a good person, but her true colors show in the second chapter. Her patients tend to have a habit of dying under her care and Weiss would have been one of them, via a morphine overdose, had she not reacted fast enough. Still, she reopens the stitches and lets Weiss bless out instead. In response to being caught by Pyrrha, she unleashes her Semblance, an EMP, and kills almost 100 people on life support in the hospital to make her escape. She later lures Pyrrha and three cops into a trap while leaving a book of all the names of the people she killed and the dates that she killed them. As Pyrrha looks at it, horrified by what she sees, Abby kills the three cops while in hiding. She claims that having such power over life and death makes her a goddess; Abby is only stopped from killing Pyrrha because of the latter's Semblance. As an unrepentant murderer with delusions of godhood, Abby proves herself to be a thoroughly horrible human being.
- The Heaven Cycle fanfic Address: Ashton "Ash" Sharpe is just a monstrous as his canon counterpart. A sadistic member of Scott Niles's human trafficking ring, Ash is introduced upset at not being able to rape and murder a man's family, and gleefully picks a family of three when offered to by Scott. Raping the father, then threatening to castrate him if he doesn't choose whether Ash should rape his wife or son next, Ash callously murders him and the latter, leaving the mother to be raped by Scott's daughter after accepting her job of killing her ex-girlfriend and her old friends. Murdering their neighbor and his dog just so he could use his house as "reconnaissance", Ash panics when he follows them to his "body house". Planning on murdering all of them, Ash takes one them hostage. When Mint's ghost arrives, Ash mocks the latter before being overpowered and arrested. While interrogated, it is revealed he had stashed 30 bodies under the house.
- Red vs. Blue fanfic Prelude to Chorus:
- Malcolm Hargrove continues to live up to his canon reputation in this fic. Not only does he disregard the lives of the people of Chorus by planning their eradication for profit, but he recruits Felix and Locus to kill Siris and his family as part of a test of loyalty. Siris is wanted dead for simply knowing too much, and Hargrove casually states that he doesn't want a widow and child left behind, as it would lead to suspensions. He notes that he orders his men to do something he would be willing to personally do, so he would likely do it himself. When Locus expresses doubt about the order, he threatens to have him killed. And when meeting with Felix and Locus after they followed this order, he discusses the disposal of an innocent family's bodies as something that is just a standard business practice.
- Felix manages to be even worse than his canon counterpart. Even before Chorus, he blows off the deaths of innocent people by suggesting that Hargrove should just nuke the people living there. When Hargrove suggests killing the Wu family, he's all too eager since he believes Siris to be a traitor for "abandoning" him and Locus (read: having a conscience and not taking a job that requires him to kill a ton of innocent people). Felix decides to capture the Wu family and have Siris's wife and son killed in front of him just to twist the knife further. He taunts Henry and Megan just before their deaths and does not hesitate to shoot Henry, nor does he feel remorse about this. All the while, he manipulates Locus into being the killer he is today by taking advantage of his PTSD. While Siris is hesitant to kill Megan in front of Siris, Felix pushes him to do so. And when Locus kills Siris quickly as a Mercy Kill, Felix acts like Locus is just ruining his fun. And when he asks Hargrove about the bodies, he just says that Siris got what he deserved for being a "traitor".
My Little Pony
- Ask a Pony: Vicegerent Zathir, the Big Bad of the Return to Saddle Arabia Arc in Ask Genie Twilight , is descended from a Renegade Splinter Faction of the anti-Genie regime in ancient Saddle Arabia, and believes that Genies should exist only to be mindless servants bound to the whims of a master. Zathir attempted to fulfill his faction's twisted ambitions by capturing and enslaving Twilight using a black lamp and collar of his ancestors' creation that left her completely aware, but unable to defy his commands even if it meant being a weapon for the Vicegerent's conquest of her homeland and the rest of the world. Even worse, during this enslavement Twilight experiences pain as if she's being constantly electrocuted, and if she's not freed in three days, it becomes permanent. When the Prince Theandri II, Zathir's superior, discovers his plans, the Vicegerent offers to allow Theandri to have his way with Twilight for spurning his affections on a previous "date", stating if he beats "her too hard, she can be fixed easily." In the resulting confrontation with the heroes, Zathir gleefully tries to force Twilight to murder her own loved ones, including Spike—who Twilight considers her son—and the Royal Family of his own country. After Twilight is freed by Spike and his plans ruined, Zathir makes an attempt on Spike's life by stabbing him in the eye, all of this done purely out of spiteful vengeance and hatred, believing genies "don't deserve"children. Such is his Fantastic Racism towards Genies that both Twilight and Zathir himself consider letting him live in prison with the knowledge a Genie is head of state in Equestria a Fate Worse than Death.
- Ask Jappleack: Appelox, the former Titan of Honesty, one of the ancient Titans who created Equestria, later betrayed his siblings and ate all of them, and became a reality-eating monster. In the present, he had been devouring entire planes of existence, all of which were populated, to build up enough power to break a barrier his sister Twilus had placed around Equestria Primenote and complete his consumption of the Multiverse. While talking to Jappleack, he reveals that he was also the one who had sent his two sons, Discord and Wolflor, to destroy everything and everyone in her version of Equestria, and is the reason that her sister is dead.
- A Future of Friendship, a History of Hate: Ruinate was the Token Evil Teammate of the Sentiox, and created Equestria as a Crapsack World just to make those living in it suffer. When the other Sentiox healed his world, he went on a rampage, destroying the planets they created and killing the other Sentiox. Originally imprisoned in another dimension for his crimes, after his escape, he plans to return Equestria to its former state before destroying all the other planets in the universe. Ruinate kidnaps the Mane Six (sans Twilight) and experiments on them to make himself immune to the Elements Of Harmony, and sends a brainwashed Spike to try and kill Twilight.
- The Night the Magic Died: Gralo is an evil Krassau (a god-like avian being) who saw his species as so superior to “lesser creatures” that he felt entitled to rip the life and magic out of everyone in his path, as well as the land itself, leaving lifeless devastation in his wake, solely to increase his own power. By the time we meet him, he's already guilty of maiming sixty one people and murdering another thirty eight, in addition to the above widespread devastation. When Nahmat managed to discover a way to counter his power, rather than face the consequences of his actions, Gralo fled to Equestria, where he possessed an innocent Griffin wizard named Garret and controlled him from within-leaving him aware the entire time. The moment Nahmat has seemingly been driven off, Gralo emerges and sucks Garret dry of his magic and everything magical (such as emotions and liveliness), leaving him an Empty Shell solely because he has outlived his usefulness. He soon tries the same to not only the Mane Six but Equestria as a whole, threatening to destroy all life in the universe, only failing thanks to The Power of Friendship and Nahmat keeping ponies alive. He gleefully tries to give Breaking Lectures to the Princesses, seemingly only for his own amusement, and threatens to suck Cadence dry in front of them just to make them suffer. After finally being defeated and his stolen magic returned to where it belonged by the Princesses and Nahmat, Gralo is judged by his own kind, who deem his atrocities so monstrous and vile, the only fitting punishment is to be sentenced to an And I Must Scream fate because death would be better than he deserves. Even as he's being Dragged Off to Hell, Gralo never once shows one ounce of remorse for his actions, instead using his last moments of freedom to try and vainly turn the Princesses against Nahmat in petty revenge.
- Pony POV Series:
- The Shining Armor Arc: General-Admiral Solomon Azure Raven Makarov is actually a reality bending creature who wants to rewrite all of reality to revolve solely around him. His actions include trying to kill Shining Armor for not knowing who he is, abducting four ponies and converting them into cyborgs who are fully aware but unable to do anything but obey his orders, trying to slaughter a village, and blowing off Running Gag's wing. His plan is to launch a super weapon that will disable Pegasus and griffin flight, sending millions falling to their deaths and causing a massive war. After Shining feeds him to The Blank Wolf, he awakens to find the world a much better place, showing just how bad he really was. Makarov planned to paint all his victims as the villains and himself as the hero of the story out of a selfish desire to make everything revolve around him.
- The Dark World Arc: Nightmare Eclipse, the true villain of the arc, is the one responsible for every previous villain in the arc and every evil act that occurred in the arc. Nightmare Eclipse is a version of Twilight from an alternate future ruled by Discord, who had somehow managed to defeat Discord and trap him in his own world. Eclipse decided to punish Discord by placing him and everyone else in a "Groundhog Day" Loop. Every thousand years, Discord would be defeated and killed, after which, time would reset itself and after another thousand years, he would be killed again. With each cycle, Discord's evil actions would get progressively worse. Likewise, Discord's death would become more and more painful. Trapping everyone else with Discord, Eclipse had them tortured along with Discord. This continued on for several hundred million years, during which Eclipse mind raped alternate versions of her friends into acting as her Co-Dragons. When Twilight and her friends defeat Discord, Eclipse tries to reset time again, and tries to kill Twilight and her friends when they try to stop her. During the battle, Eclipse sets Apple Pie on fire. Determined to torture Discord for all eternity even if it meant having millions of innocents tortured along with him, Eclipse proved herself to be no better than Discord himself.
- Royal Wedding Arc: Kabuto is the Evil Genius of the Changelings, and the most evil of them, surpassing even Chrysalis in villainy. Kabuto is considered a monster even by the other Changelings, with one half of the hive hating him, and the other half fearing him. Kabuto is introduced by asking Chrysalis for permission to experiment on the Mane 6 after the Changelings take over. Later, Kabuto is revealed to have a long history of killing and experimenting on other beings, including other Changelings, often neglecting to use anesthetic just to make the victim suffer. Kabuto even wants to experiment on Neatly Spell, who is a foal. Kabuto is also the only Changeling aware of Chrysalis's plan to build a giant rune to suck all the love out of every living being in Equestria and give it to her, leaving all living beings in Equestria other than Changelings as lifeless husks. Despite this, Kabuto still aids Chrysalis in her plans. When Misfit Actual and his team try to arrest Kabuto, he tries to vivisect them. Finally, he is the only Changeling who is not redeemed, instead being banished to the sun.
- The Day Love Cried: This side story has a one-shot villain in the form of the nameless Pegasus filly. Due to her inability to build a relationship, she developed a hatred for the very concept of love itself, and decided to take her anger out on Cupid and his mother Venus. Being a Child Prodigy with an unnatural level of intelligence and an understanding of magic, she crafted the Concept Killing Spear, and set about trying to use it to wipe Cupid and Venus from existence, not caring that she would erase countless lives from existence in the process. After being killed by Venus, her spirit is shown the results of her actions of killing Cupid. Even after seeing all the harm her actions caused, she feels no regret for her actions, not even trying to fake remorse in an attempt to avoid being Dragged Off to Hell just so that she can spite Venus by refusing to apologize. For her limited resources and single appearance, this filly manages to cause more evil than almost every other villain in this story.
- Recall the Time of No Return: Brotonia, the queen of the Crimson Changelings, took Empress Twilight Sparkle's identity after defeating her 1000 years from the present day. As "Twilight", she quickly became a tyrannical ruler who pretended to have become paranoid about the Crimson Changelings invading Equestria in disguise. She had tens of thousands of ponies executed under "suspicion" of being Changelings, along with several thousand more who dared oppose her, and still more were killed by her monstrous Iron Wolves. At the same time, she herself had been replacing ponies for years with her Changelings, keeping the real ones underground in hundreds of cocoons. She had kept the real Twilight, along with Sterling, the young Alicorn meant to take the place of Princess Luna, in cocoons to act as sort of magic battery chargers, and attempted to doom Sterling's sister Gold Lily to the same fate. When Twilight's friends arrive in the future, she attempts to have them imprisoned in cocoons as well, and when Fluttershy attacks her, she has the guard who let go of her brutally killed by an Iron Wolf. She later mounts a deadly attack against Spike's rebel group, and during a fight with the real Twilight, sends a massive energy blast at Ponyville.
- Adventure Time fanfiction Adventure Time: Frozen Hearts: Sifine is a cruel Frostkin who ruled the earth as an Ice Queen long ago with her husband. When the Earth began warming up, Sifine decides that she doesn't want to die, so she poisons her own husband and sacrifices the lives of all the other Frostkins to power her crown so that she could gain Immortality, but the spell backfired and she ended up being sealed into the crown. Over the centuries, many warriors wielded the crown but ended up getting cursed by it, the most notable victim being Simon Petrikov, whose influence from the crown ultimately drove away his fiancee Betty & his adopted daughter Marceline and turned Simon into the insane Ice King 1,000 years later. Deciding to pick on an easier target, Sifine successfully manipulates Damon into becoming her servant and controls him into killing Christine along with several other scientists & soldiers and tries to attack Cube village, crippling him in the process. Once Damon is stopped, Sifine tries to influence Simon into wearing the crown, but Betty offers herself to wear it to keep Simon safe but managed to quickly knock it off. Having attained enough resources, Sifine eventually decides to turn Earth into a permanent Ice Age, freezing everyone to death so she could restore her body all to remake the world in her image.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender fanfiction The Fall of the Fire Empire:
- We have an elderly Azula in a world where Ozai succeeded in conquering everyone. She finally hits her Villainous Breakdown with the realization that there is no way she can escape her impending death from old age, so she decides to go out in a blaze of glory, starting a war that will probably kill a good percentage of the world's population, and also set things up so that she'll be remembered as a hero who tried to stop that war.
- Gian is a ruthless and sociopathic Bounty Hunter, who doesn't care who is in charge of the world order or who his employers are, so long as he's paid for his murderous services. He forces a rather meek young Earthbending slave to help him uncover the rebellion base, and kills her in cold blood simply because he had no further use for her. He's also revealed to be an Earth Kingdom man who essentially exploits his own people for profit, and admits as much to Jiazin without an ounce of guilt about it.
- Inside Out fanfiction Kids World: Annis is a twelve-year-old power-hungry psychopath. After a Depopulation Bomb that is Only Fatal to Adults leaves only those under thirteen alive, Annis takes the opportunity to try and control every child in the city. To accomplish this, Annis manipulates a multitude of children to follow her as she seizes control of the city. Those who refuse to follow her are subjected to horrible living conditions until they submit to her. Annis assigns a four-year-old girl named Caroline to be the "sister" to her best friend, Riley, but becomes increasingly brutal to both of them when she feels her control over the two is slipping. She forces Caroline to set a building full of children on fire, and then kills a little girl by breaking her neck. When Caroline stops her from feeding an infant boy to a pack of dogs, Annis beats Caroline severely in a rage. When it seems as if Annis's followers have killed Caroline, Annis merely mocks a heartbroken Riley, beating her with her mother's hockey stick as well. When Riley tries to stop Annis from unleashing more chaos, Annis throws her off a bridge. When Riley and Caroline, who had survived, escape, Annis burns down multiple buildings in a rage, not caring if anyone is injured or killed. Annis's ultimate plan was to take over the entire country, planning to attack Minnesota first to spite Riley. When her plans are foiled and her followers turn against her, Annis rejects Riley's offer to redeem herself, vowing to kill Riley and find other ways to resume control. Though claiming to be out to restore order in a city with no law, Annis proved to simply be a sadistic and arrogant dictator who only wanted power over those she deemed inferior.
- Kung Fu Panda fanfiction A Different Lesson:
- The acts Chao perpetrates are especially, and truly, unforgivable, and they only get worse as the story goes on. Countless murders (including of children), Demonic Possession, More than Mind Control, forcing friends and loved ones to kill each other, unleashing demons from the spirit world, necromancy, corrupting people's souls and intentions, pushing Tai Lung into committing his rampage, planning to make People Puppets of the whole world, all so as to live forever and force his vision of perfection on everyone else.
- Xiu, meanwhile, killed her own father just for being "weak" and good, framed Jia for it so she could twist and manipulate her into obeying and serving implicitly as an assassin, longed to have the same powers Chao had so she could do the same things he did, poisoned countless soldiers who had been fighting the Huns, murdered her teacher, tried to manipulate Tai Lung into joining her with lies about his family (and also helped plant doubts regarding Shifu and Oogway's love and pride in him so he would fixate on the Dragon Scroll to earn them), nearly killed Po and Tigress, did kill Zhuang, loved the feeling of Chao's dark chi and wished to bathe in it when everyone else was sickened and terrified by it... And both of them enjoyed every bit of what they did, with no remorse or regrets, and no sign they could be redeemed or ever would be.
- The Legend of Korra fanfiction The Saga of Avatar Korra: Ming-Hua is an unrepentant Sadist who gleefully takes every opportunity to physically and psychologically abuse Korra. She also lacks any of the likeable traits that her canon counterpart held and instead is shown to be needlessly cruel to both allies and enemies alike such as when she advocated for the needless punishment of the Red Lotus sentries who were stationed at the compound during Korra's escape and P'Li and Ghazan believe that she will want to "get rid" of Korra after she has served her purpose. Her malevolent tendencies are shown to not be a recent occurrence as flashback segments show that she felt nothing but excitement at the prospect of murdering a young Iroh in his bed. In the present day events of the story there are also several times where she needs to be verbally restrained or reprimanded by Zaheer or other Red Lotus members for her often pointless cruelty such as killing animals in front of Korra during water-bending lessons. When Korra chooses to turn against the Red Lotus, Ming calls P'Li and Ghazan weak for feeling any emotional attachment or reluctance to attack the girl whom was essentially raised by the Red Lotus and threatens to kill them if they defect from the Red Lotus. While the goals of the Red Lotus could be considered noble if unachievable, Ming never shows any interest in the ideological quest of the Red Lotus to bring freedom to the world and appears to only be interested in sating her own bloodlust. Cruel and sadistic, Ming-Hua is in many ways the living incarnation of the moral failures of the Red Lotus and one of several contributing factors for Korra's defection.
- The Lion King fanfiction The Lion King Adventures: The Writer is responsible for all the bad things that happen in the story, and is the true villain of the series. The Writer created the world Simba and his friends lived in, and had caused every evil act in that world. The Writer also created all the other villains in the story. The Writer's creations included Scar, as well as evil versions of Timon and Pumbaa who drain the souls of cubs. He had always been trying to kill Simba and his friends or ruin their lives for fun, and at the end of the series, he goes into the world himself to kill Simba and his friends so he can take over and rule the world for eternity as he destroys thousands of lives for his own amusement.
- The Loud House fanfic Stories and Tales from Dimension 63: Linka Loud is the female counterpart of Lincoln hailing from Dimension 63 (i). Feeling suffocated by the protectiveness of her family, Linka yearned for a simpler life in which she would be free of responsibilities. Abandoning her family, Linka switches places with Lincoln and quickly begins to destroy his life for her own amusement. Desiring complete control over Lincoln's life, Linka strikes a deal with William Cryptos who entrusts her with finding the three fragments. She is fully aware of the fact that if Cryptos were to acquire the fragments and rebuild the MacGuffin, it would give Cryptos the power to unravel reality, but she doesn't care as long as her wish—to have a "perfect world" where she was pampered by ten sisters— comes to fruition. As a means of keeping the sisters from finding out about her plan, Linka deliberately tosses herself off the stairs, causing Lincoln's body to sustain a broken leg, arm and other bruises. When her cover is blown, Linka threatens to maim or otherwise cripple Lincoln's body out of spite. After fighting with Lincoln, Linka turns one of the fragments onto her own brothers and Lincoln's family, threatening to age them out of existence lest Lincoln gives her the fragment; without hesitation, she zaps both families with the fragment, causing them to rapidly age in front of Lincoln. Unlike Cryptos, who is a Well-Intentioned Extremist trying to get his sister back, Linka is a hedonistic sociopath who would gladly destroy all of existence for the chance at the good life.
- Miraculous Ladybug fanfic La Belle Chanceuse et la Bête Noir: Hawk Moth serves as a Decomposite Character with Gabriel Agreste, and thus lacks his redeeming qualities. In his quest for power, Hawk Moth enslaved the fairy Nooroo and used his power to inflict illness upon the Agreste household, resulting in the deaths of the adults, searching for the ring of the Black Cat. Failing to find it, he confronted the young Adrien Agreste, disbelieving him when he said he didn't know about the ring. As punishment, and because he finds it entertaining, Hawk Moth transformed Adrien into a monstrous beast, cursing the castle so that none of his friends could leave before departing on a fruitless search for the ring. Hawk Moth shows himself to be an utter sadist, using his butterflies to observe Adrien and thoroughly enjoying seeing him suffer under the enchantment. Coming back to finish Adrien off, he manipulates the hunter Lila into attacking him, and when Marinette stands up to him, Hawk Moth, enraged, tries to kill her, Adrien sacrificing himself instead. Believing the Miraculous rightfully belonged to him and staggeringly arrogant, Hawk Moth was not afraid to kill anyone who might hinder his quest for power.
- Young Justice fanfiction Young Justice: Darkness Falls:
- In a Bad Future, Darkseid successfully took over Earth, destroying most of the cities and killing almost all the heroes. Humans were forced to do backbreaking labor while worshiping him as he tortured them. If any of his minions ever failed him once, he would give them 50 lashes. Fail him a second time, and he would have them banished to a place so horrifying that no one would speak of it, a place where he banished his son Kallibak. It's also revealed that when Vandal Savage managed to kill a bunch of superheroes for him, Darkseid vaporized him because he wanted the heroes brought to him alive so he could torture them first.
- In his only appearance in this fic, The Joker tries to gas all of Gotham City to death with Smilex for fun. He forces men to help him by holding their families hostage, and plans to kill said men when he no longer needs them.