- Black Widow: A woman who is a serial murderer of her spouses.
- The Bluebeard: Spear Counterpart of a Black Widow, a husband who is a serial murderer of his spouses.
- Genocide from the Inside: Killing off your entire society, which would include your family by default.
- Grandfather Paradox: Killing one's ancestor via time travel, which may end up unmaking the murderer in the process...
- Honor-Related Abuse: If it turns into honor-killing.
- Inheritance Murder: Murdering rivals for your inheritance, or murdering the proprietor of an estate to gain wealth.
- Matricide: The killing of one's mother.
- Oedipus Complex: Killing your father and marrying your mother.
- Offing the Offspring: Murdering one's progeny.
- Pater Familicide: The murder of an entire immediate family unit, generally by the father, due to an inability to deal with personal failure.
- Patricide: Killing your father.
- Princeling Rivalry: Offing competitors to the throne.
- Self-Made Orphan: Killing both of your parents or your sole living parent.
- Sibling Murder: Siblings killing one another.
- Til Murder Do Us Part: The killing of your spouse.
Murder in the Family
The killing of one's own family members, especially your spouse, progeny, or parents, has always been viewed poorly in most societies, though in some cases there were exceptions. For instance, in Ancient Greece and Rome the practice of leaving a newborn child to die of exposure if they were born physically deformed was considered perfectly acceptable. It has also served as a method of gaining greater power via getting rid of competition, or for conserving resources in extreme cases during hard times. (If the bodies didn't also end up becoming the resources.) A Super Trope to: