"Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind."
A kiss which is Serious Business
, with all the spectacle that entails. In all probability it's a First Kiss
that finally puts an end to Unresolved Sexual Tension
and/or other typical obstacles that get in the way of True Love(tm). The scenery will be epic
, the camera will go wild
, the music will swell
. The most straightforward way to telegraph a They Do
which isn't an actual wedding.
Some tropes, such as Smooch of Victory
, Hollywood Kiss
, Concert Kiss
, Beach Kiss
, and Lip-Lock Sun-Block
, are almost always examples of this as well. If a kiss is built up to be this but fails miserably, it's probably an Awkward Kiss
Has nothing to do with Big Damn Heroes
open/close all folders
- The two minute mark on this old car advert here.
- Parodied in a 4G Epic commercial.
Anime and Manga
- Naruto and Hinata in The Last: Naruto The Movie. It doesn't get any damn bigger than a Hollywood-like First Kiss of True Love with some shades of Smooch of Victory, 15 years of Ship Tease in the making, forming a Full Moon Silhouette and taking place in freaking SPACE!◊
- It's not framed by explosions (unlike everything else in the show), but Kamina and Yoko's first and only kiss in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is accompanied by erupting volcanoes.
- ...Which was only matched with Yoko's second, courtesy of Kittan. "Libera Me From Hell" playing in the background just made it more epic.
- At the climax of FLCL, right after an epic fighting scene between its two participants, right before the appearance of a Physical God, and right at the middle of the song I THINK I CAN.
- Mazinger Z: In the Mazinger-Z vs Great General of Darkness feature, Kouji is going to sortie with Mazinger-Z to fight a battle he knows he can not win, and thinking he'll die. Sayaka stops him to give him his little brother's birthday gift, and both stare into each other's eyes for a long while... and then Kouji turns around and leaves. However, in the manga version of that moment they DO kiss - the pannel itself featured them floating in a void, and flower petals falling around them.
- Kanon. The spinning pan-out and reflective teardrop in the 2006 version make it.
- InuYasha has one right in the anime finale when Kagome and Inuyasha are reunited inside the Shikon Jewel.
- Eureka Seven has three in the final three episodes, including the mid-air, upside down reunion of Dominic and Anemone in Episode 48. In the final episode, Renton and Eureka finally have their first kiss in what they believed to be the final act of their respective lives, only to be saved by Nirvash's sacrifice so that they can enjoy the third epic kiss as they float down from orbit.
- The final Full Metal Panic! novel's epilogue eventually gives us the kiss we'd been promised for several books, and had been anticipating the whole series: at Jindai High's graduation, Kaname and Sousuke finally meet and he plants a long-awaited big one on her while the entire crowd cheers.
- Mahou Sensei Negima!:
- Negi does this to Chachamaru to prove a point that Chachamaru has a soul by having a Pactio artifact with her. Extreme Kissing people!
- Setsuna and Konoka's Pactio kiss was pretty damn long, too. So much that Setsuna almost suffocated from this kiss. (We don't know about Chachamaru, since she is a robot.)
- Negi also does this to Luna aka Shiori. With the side-effects of undoing her Master of Disguise powers (which she used to masquerade as Asuna), saving her from being non-fatally shot by Mana, and creating a Pactio with a girl who's a member of Fate's Amazon Brigade.
- This kiss in Kannazuki no Miko with a Humongous Mecha using it's finishing move in the background.
- Guts and Casca's first non-Intimate Healing kiss pretty much sealed the deal between them being Berserk's Official Couple, so much so that there's gorgeous Scenery Porn, Dramatic Wind is blowing Guts's Badass Cape as to encircle the couple, AND somebody rendered this all in color.◊
- Played totally straight in the new movie trilogy, where Guts and Casca aren't even involved in a CPR kiss until the third movie. Advertising even plays this up with an Almost Kiss clip in one TV spot.
- Adolescence of Utena ends with Utena and Anthy passionately kissing as they drive away from Ohtori (also, they're both nude), finally free from the oppression of Akio and his schemes.
- Inukami!: Keita kisses Youko in the climax, as they fly toward the Bigger Bad, undeniably returning the affection she's showed him the entire series.
- Ah! My Goddess: Keiichi and Belldandy. Finally in chapter 278, complete with thousands of FLOWERS bursting from the floor Thank your Goddess of choice!
- Claymore: The kiss between Clare and Raki took almost two whole pages of the manga.
- In No6 Shion kisses Nezumi halfway through the series; in the final episode Nezumi returns the favor before he leaves.
- Vampire Knight. In chapter 46, Zero reveals his affections for Yuuki this way. Before declaring that he will eventually kill her.
- Chapter 140 of Medaka Box ends with one between Medaka and Zenkichi, who have just thwarted Najimi's plan to end it all.
- Hana No Mizo Shiru: Arikawa and Misaki's full-page kiss in a field of flowers at the end of Chapter 4.
- Zero In: Mikuru and Kou in Chapter 68.
- Toward the end of the Fruits Basket manga, although Kyo and Tohru share a sorta-first-kiss earlier in the same scene, it's the hug that's really climactic - at first because it means that he's finally gotten past the fact that he's possessed, but it gets even more heartwarming when he doesn't transform. Cue Tear Jerker montage as the curse proceeds to break.
- Detective Conan:
- The series finally allows Satou and Takagi to kiss at the end of file 673./ episode 535◊. In the manga, the frame with the kiss takes up a little over half of the page, with a close-up of the two's faces taking up about 60% of that. And the rest of the frame is a more medium-range, full-body shot of them. In the anime, the first part of the scene is a shot with them kissing, and then the camera pans to the full-body shot.
- Apparently Aoyama ended up liking the trope in regards to these two, since he gave Sato and Takagi another Big Damn Kiss in File 808 / episode 683◊. After a rather emotionally-exhausting case where Takagi is mistaken for someone else and put inside a Death Trap, and Sato goes the Violently Protective Girlfriend for him, when all's said and done she pretty much glomps him and gives him a rather epic Smooch of Victory.
- Outlaw Star: Gene and Melfina have theirs at the heart of the Galactic Leyline, when he says he wants her to stay with him. But he realized he was being selfish, so he asks what *she* wants. She wishes for the same thing and said she wanted to remain herself. Then they seal it with a kiss.
- You're Under Arrest! has one between Natsumi and Toukairin, after she knocks off early so she could make it to the airport before his departure. After she catches her breath, she gives him a piece of her mind for throwing their last arm-wrestling contest and and for not manning up about his feelings for her. Toukairin cuts her off with a "Shut Up" Kiss, so he can finally get a word in edgewise. Then he tells her, followed by "the big one."
- The first chapter of Sakura Trick ends with a pretty epic kiss. Haruka and Yuu go on to kiss every chapter after that, but none are quite as impressive as the first.
- When Eiji Asuka and Anna Stephanie finally manage to kiss at the end of the Blue Comet SPT Layzner Hallmark 2000 OAV, it's after quite the sequence where everyone rushes to meet Eiji after his return from his and Layzner's last battle, then they stop and allow Anna to take the lead. She then jumps off from a stone wall as Eiji descends from Layzner, but he's still far away. Then they run into each other's arms. And only then, they epically smooch. With La Rose Rouge as background music. YESSSSS!
- Runaways: Chase plants one on Gert right after she saves his life with CPR right after he saves her from a giant, flaming rock monster.
- The first kiss between Scott and Ramona in Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life.
- Occurs during the climax of the second volume of Miki Falls...
- The kiss between Superman and Lois while on the moon during All-Star Superman. (Grant Morrison considered doing a From Here to Eternity Beach Kiss reference here, but ended up going with something else.)
- In the Spider-Man comics Peter and MJ share their first kiss in a mostly empty section of JFK airport (well mostly empty sans Robbie Robertson who was there too) with a big snowy window behind them before Peter went on assignment in France. It may not have been upside down, but as MJ said "Wow, why didn't you ever tell me you could kiss!" Followed by after she let it sink in for a minute "Far freaking out." (made even funnier by the fact the kiss was her idea).
- Fables has one in issue 50 at the end of Chapter Seven: The Big Valley between Bigby and Snow. As the author notes in the script for the issue: "They kiss. This is the truest of true love's kisses since the beginning of time. It's every poem ever written and every song ever sung. This is the one panel at which the dream of every female reader of FABLES has come true. Each and every one of them must be made to cry or squeal or swoon like a character in a Jane Austen novel. Don't blow it, Buckingham. We sort of, kind of know where you live."
- During Young Avengers Vol 2, when Teddy briefly broke up with Billy after having doubts in their relationship, they reunite when the team go to save Teddy from Mother. As Billy tries to fight her off, Teddy assures him that he loves him and the two kiss, making Billy so happy he becomes the 'Demiurge' for a moment, resulting in Mother being vanquished and, for a moment, he's in control of the entire universe. You don't get a kiss bigger and damner than that.
- Of course, there is the kiss before that. Near the end of Children's Crusade, Teddy breaks Billy out of a months long depression after the fantastic mess their latest shenanigans caused by proposing to him. They seal the deal with their first on panel kiss. It is spectacular, and extremely gratifying.
- One strip of B.C. invokes this where one character notices a volcano about to erupt, he decides to take and kiss the Cute Chick right as it blows. Turns out to have worked pretty well.
- This is how Rainbow in the Dark actually ends, combining a Big Damn Kiss with a "Shut Up" Kiss.
- Occurs in A Pleasant Surprise when Fluttershy and Midnight confess their feelings for each other.
- Shards Of Memory has this in Chapter 19 when Terra tries to free Cloud from Sephiroth's mind control.
- Javert and Valjean's kiss in Roommates may count, but fandom reaction has certainly been...enthusiastic, even attracting several new shippers.
- A Growing Affection has Naruto and Hinata's First Kiss causing the two of them to forget where they are for about a minute. Where are they? In the Leaf Stadium, surrounded by almost every Leaf and Sand ninja, at the conclusion of Naruto's trial.
- Kagami and Homura's First Kiss in Stars Above, which comes after seventeen chapters of emotional turmoil.
- The Lion King Adventures teases the idea of Simba and Nala getting together throughout Series One. They finally get their big kiss after defeating two Big Bads and surviving several threatening ordeals.
- Samara kisses Malleus at the end of the Mass Effect/Warhammer 40,000 crossover Angels of the Storm. Problem is, Malleus is a Space Marine and has been struggling with his Absolute Xenophobe views since the previous story, so the kiss is more of an Accidental Kiss and he is deeply shaken by it. They still hook up later.
- The Megamind fic Knocked Up has an incredibly heartwarming one in chapter thirteen. After all the trouble the two went through, and after Roxanne finally gives birth, they confess that they love each other and kiss.
- Another Megamind story by the same author, called True Beauty, has a good one.
Roxanne: (after hearing Megamind put himself down again because of his looks) Could you turn the disguise off?
Megamind: (does so) But...why?
Roxanne: Because I don't want to kiss a hologram. (kisses him)
- In a side-story to All-American Girl, Mike and DJ's first kiss - the first human/pony couple in Earth history - qualfies as such:
Instinctively, their lips met, brushed together, then fully connected, sending both into paradise. The room exploded into the full-out scent of dark chocolate
, so much so that there was no one who couldn’t smell it now. The two continued kissing until the adults present, confused at two teens of different species making out but realizing that it wouldn’t be a great example, broke them up.
- After chapters of teasing and fake outs, RWBY Reckoning finally has Yang and Darrel kissing in Chapter 27, much to the relief of the readers, if the reviews are anything to go by.
- In Weiss Reacts, after chapters upon chapters of Unresolved Sexual Tension, Suspiciously Specific Denial and general insanity, Ruby and Weiss FINALLY kiss in the climax of the Music Festival arc. Twice. In front of the entire school. After winning the entire festival. As usual, Yang and Blake tease Weiss for taking seventy-two chapters to finally admit what everyone saw.
Films — Animated
Films — Live-Action
- Cullen in A Brother's Price with his fianceé, his reaction to her proposing to him. The witnesses consider it inappropriate. He doesn't care.
- Jenny Doolittle and Lynn Lambretta's kiss in episode 17 of Bodacious Space Pirates. Cue massive Squeeing from all the schoolgirls in the room.
- Hermione gives Ron one after retrieving the Basilisk's fangs in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- It's even more of a Big Damn Kiss in the movie. Hermione has just destroyed a horcrux, they're both drenched with water and then they pounce on each other, complete with epic kiss music.
- There's also one between Harry and Ginny in The Half-Blood Prince. "Harry looked around; there was Ginny running towards him; she had a hard, blazing look in her face as she threw her arms around him. And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, Harry kissed her."
- "Percy Jackson and the Olympians": Percy and Annabeth share a spectacular Under Water Kiss at the end of The Last Olympian, ending five books of Belligerent Sexual Tension. Even Clarisse thought it was about time!
- "Think of life!" In Sabriel, this describes Sabriel and Touchstone's first kiss - bonus points because she's kissing him to resist the lure of Astarael, the bell that can send them both into Death, easily.
- After having gone through hell, nearly died, found healing in each other's company and watched together as their world ended, Faramir and Éowyn claim the only romantic kiss of The Lord of the Rings on Minas Tirith's walls:
"‘Then must I leave my own people, man of Gondor?’ she said. ‘And would you have your proud folk say of you: “There goes a lord who tamed a wild shieldmaiden of the North! Was there no woman of the race of Númenor to choose?”’
‘I would,’ said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many."
- The Mortal Instruments:
- Alec finally outs himself in City of Glass by kissing Magnus in front of, well, everybody.
- Jace and Clary's first kiss in City of Bones, and their kiss in the faerie court in City of Ashes, also count.
- Alec and Seregil. Twice up til now. First time after a reunion, second time in the face of death.
- In Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett, when Juliet and Trev kiss at the end of the match, they float in the air and are lit with a golden glow. Other characters comment on this.
- In-universe in The Hunger Games, where Katniss and Peeta share a few kisses that might qualify for the Capitol audience. In particular, their passionate kisses on the beach in the Quarter Quell. Serves as a Big Damn Kiss moment for many readers too.
- In The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, the first season climax, accompanied by an Ominous Latin Chorus, and giant monster things destroying the area around them. It's even more awesome as Haruhi is subconsciously destroying the world out of jealousy at the time and Kyon kisses her to make her undo it. It works, even though Haruhi thinks it was All Just a Dream afterwards. And just to make it even better, the entire scene is overlaid with the first song of Mahler's Symphony No.8 Movement 1, Veni Creator Spiritus. FUCK. YES.
- A more tender yet equally as awesome variant happens at the climax of the second season of the Slayers anime, when Gourry, against all odds, breaks into another dimension to rescue Lina from being eradicated from existence. His fondness and desire to protect her apparently impresses the Lord of Nightmares enough to bring Lina back. They share a kiss, spinning in place amidst bubbles of light.— sadly, since Status Quo Is God, they don't recall what happened when they return to the world below.
- Hazel and Augustus in front of a crowd of tourists in the Anne Frank house in The Fault in Our Stars.
- After the climax of Heart Of Steel, Alistair and Julia share one that overlaps with Smooch of Victory, described thus:
Their lips met like protons in a particle accelerator.
- The West Wing: It takes over six and a half seasons (145 episodes) of UST for Josh and Donna to finally kiss.
- Smallville: The final kiss (it isn't titled "Best Clark and Chloe scene ever" for nothing) between Clark and Chloe as Metropolis erupt into chaos due to Brainiac's virus and before Clark goes to face Zod in the season five finale, finally resolving the sexual tension that has been building up for the first five seasons, during which they shared four kisses but this one is the first and last, chronologically (season eight showed their First Kiss in a Happy Flashback) fully consensual kiss after Obscura in season one.
- Jimmy crashed the party in the season six premier, which put him to a very bad start. Let's just say the two episodes in which he is the main protagonist are both the lowest rated in their seasons.
- Gilmore Girls : After four seasons of dancing around each other, Luke and Lorelai FINALLY share their first kiss in 'Raincoats & Recipes'.
Lorelai: What are you doing?
Luke: Would you just stand still?
[They kiss. When they separate, Lorelai moves in for another one.]
Luke [surprised by her action]: What are you doing?
Lorelai: Would you just stand still?
[They kiss again.]
- Friends: Ross and Rachel at the ends of "The One Where Ross Finds Out", "The One with the Prom Video." and "The Last One"
- Chandler and Monica have one in 'TOW Everyone Finds Out'. A big damn one because they have kissed before but this is their first public kiss, in front of all their friends and right after Chandler's openly yelled out his love for her.
Chandler: "I love her!" *Cue shocked looks* "That's right, I love her! I love her...I love you, Monica."
Monica: "I love you too Chandler" *They kiss*
- They have several more in 'TOW Ross Says Rachel', 'TOW In Vegas', 'TOW The Proposal', 'TOW Monica and Chandler's Wedding' and 'TOW The Birth Mother'
- The season two's finale, "TOW Barry and Mindy's Wedding", ends with Chandler and Janice making out. Not a happy version like the ones above, as she's married, they've broken up many times and this closes out a season where it's established he has a lot of issues and Hates Being Alone.
- Coffee Prince: There are a ton of these, but the one that really stands out is the "tackle kiss" where Eun jumps on top of her boss, and makes passionate kissing with her legs around his waist and pushing him into walls and other obstacles.
- Lost Girl, Although not the main couple, Kenzi and Hale's first real kiss could be labeled this. Hale has been pining after her for three seasons, which is even pointed out by Dyson. After a first smaller kiss, Kenzi mentions that it's a little weird. Rather than quit, this leads to a pretty hot, although funny, makeout session on Kenzi's kitchen counter.
- Doctor Who:
- Susan and David in "The Dalek Invasion of Earth" — a Time Lady and a human celebrating their newfound love in the middle of a massive interstellar war.
- Vicki and Troilus, while looking out over the ruins of Troy, in "The Myth Makers".
- Jack Harkness very gently kisses both Rose and the Doctor on the lips in "The Parting Of The Ways", before rushing off to what he believes will be his end. A few scenes later, the Ninth Doctor gives one to Rose — golden light and dramatic music and everything — after what has to be the absolute worst pun ever delivered in the series ("I think you need a Doctor"). It saves her life, and kills him, triggering his regeneration.
- When Rose and Ten's part-human meta-crisis clone kiss in "Journey's End", it epitomizes this trope, complete with epic music. Even better in the behind-the-scenes clips
- When River Song and the Doctor get married, the ensuing kiss restarts time again. The Power of Love indeed! Also even better in the behind-the-scenes clips!
- Before that, River saved the Doctor's life, giving him all he remaining regenerations by kissing him.
- The Doctor and the TARDIS share one which, although understated at the time, becomes very epic once it's revealed who she is.
- Rory and Older Amy have an absolutely romantic one in "The Girl Who Waited".
- Rory and Amy have another one toward the end of "Asylum Of the Daleks". Considering that they were on the verge of a divorce, this came as a relief for most fans.
- The Doctor initiates what may be the biggest damn kiss in the entire 50-year history of the series with the Virtual Ghost of River toward the end of "The Name of the Doctor" after telling her that he can always see her, that he loves her, and that saying goodbye would hurt too much.
- The Doctor's kiss with the Victorian echo of Clara is a sweeter example of this. While it catches the Doctor off guard, we get a sweet little melody playing behind it, some lights short-circuiting and a very surprised Doctor. The height difference is made very obvious as the Doctor is pulled down and his face afterwards... On the special "Creating Clara", the clothes designer commented on deliberately dressing both the Doctor and Clara as a couple for this scene.
- In a demented variation on the theme, in "Dark Water", the Doctor gets aggressively and elaborately snogged against a wall by Missy — a woman who later turns out to be the Master, bringing forty-three years of Foe Yay to critical mass.
- LOST promised its viewers a spectacular kiss in the season 4 finale. Halfway through, it seemed to be Kate and Sawyer in the helicopter. Then later in the episode it was topped by Desmond and Penny's reunion.
- In the finale, Kate and Jack have defeated the Man in Black, and realize they're never going to see each other again. The ensuing kiss is quite epic.
- When Odo finally kisses Kira on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, he does so in the middle of the very crowded Promenade (just outside of Quark's, no less) immediately following a very loud, very heated UST-charged argument between the two. Bonus points for everyone else stopping what they're doing to turn and stare as Odo and Kira kiss.
"You're right, who needs dinner?"
- Fraser and Thatcher on top of a train full of unconscious Mounties heading toward nuclear disaster in the Due South episode All the Queen's Horses.
- Arthur and Gwen's first kiss on Merlin is shot in slow motion, with dramatic lighting and an orchestra of violins. It is epic.
- On Torchwood there is that stunning kiss between Jack and Ianto just before the Hub blows up and Jack is killed by a bomb in his stomach
- Kurt and Blaine's kiss on Glee is treated like this by the fans, and for good reason. Love Epiphany? Check. Incredibly romantic speech from Blaine to Kurt about the epiphany? Check. Complete aversion of But Not Too Gay? Check, finally. Fans flooding the Internet with posts after they catch their breath from squeeing loud enough to break windows? Fucking check. Not to mention all the real-life news celebrating how it's a media milestone (on FOX, no less!).
- And let's not forget Finn and Rachel's on-stage Nationals kiss in the season two finale. Even Finn comments on it's epic-ness...
- Finn: "It was the Superman of kisses. It came with its own cape!
- Booth and Brennan's kiss on Bones, the real one. Seriously, five seasons on a show that's pratically based on Unresolved Sexual Tension.
- Chuck and Sarah have at least one a season until they FINALLY get together mid-season three. They even have two in one season-three episode.
- The Nanny has the epic kiss between Niles and CC.
- It wasn't their first kiss, but Richard and Kahlan's final kiss that ends Legend of the Seeker was the perfect end to the show, especially since they are the epitome of Earn Your Happy Ending.
- Community episode Pascal's Triangle Revisited ends with one between Jeff and Annie.
- Annie and Abed have one in A Few Paintballs More.
- The Secret Life of the American Teenager: For shippers of the couple, Ricky and Amy's kiss onstage at the former's high school graduation is this. It wasn't their first kiss, but it was a big deal since they got engaged seconds before the kiss. And before that, there was their "practice kiss"
- Between Jo Min Sung and Yoo Eun Joo in Once Upon a Time in Saengchori.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer :
- Homaged with the kiss between Buffy and Spike in "Once More With Feeling" which, as it takes place at the end of a Musical Episode, is accompanied by swelling music and falling curtains.
"We kissed, you and me, all Gone With the Wind
with the rising music and the rising
- Parodied (twice !) with Xander and Cordelia in "What's My Line Pt2" (with cheesy music and all).
- When Angel becomes human in "I Will Remember You"; Buffy finds out about it when he walks up to her in the sunlight and sweeps her into his arms for a passionate embrace.
- Babylon 5 gives John Sheridan and Delenn theirs in "And the Rock Cried Out 'No Hiding Place'" after Delenn shows Sheridan a whole fleet of fast, maneuverable, highly advanced White Star spaceships. Keep in mind that he'd confessed his love for her nine episodes earlier. It would be easy to assume this wasn't their First Kiss, except their body language screams that they've never done this before (although they got pretty close once). Apparently that pesky war kept getting in the way...
Delenn: We finally have, as you say, a fighting chance.
: [after a long Held Gaze
] ...I don't know what to say.
Delenn: Then say nothing...
[Sheridan proceeds to snog her senseless]
- Much like the painfully obvious UST between Mulder and Scully, the writers absolutely loved to torture and tease fans with this trope. There were two almost kisses and one very passionate kiss during a Wizard of Oz-like fever dream before Mulder and Scully finally kissed for real in season 7's "Millenium." And for the sizzling UST that had (at that point) been building for seven years, the kiss was surprisingly chaste. It was a quiet moment in a hospital while watching the ball drop on New Year's Eve. It didn't even get heated. It's considered by the fans to be the Big Damn Kiss just because it actually happened and kick-started the resolution of their UST. Off-screen, of course. Damn you, Chris Carter!
- Castle: Beckett and Castle finally kiss for keeps after 4 seasons of UST!
- Two on M*A*S*H:
- First, Hawkeye and Margaret are taking shelter from artillery fire. During the ensuing madness, they finally kiss.
- Hawkeye and Margaret again, in the series finale. With the rest of the 4077th going their separate ways after the end of the war, the two have an EXTENDED makeout session before parting. B.J. and everyone else just kind of mill about and look away politely, waiting for it to end.
- The conclusion of the Happy Days episode "Joanie's First Kiss." 'Nuff said.
- NCIS has the long awaited kiss between Tony and Ziva, just in time for Cote de Pablo to depart the show in the season 11 opener. And it is glorious.
- Frasier: Daphne and Niles have two extremely big damn ones: their first kiss in "Moon Dance", and their second one on Daphne's wedding night.
- Manny gets what is apparently his First Kiss at the beginning of the Modern Family episode "Party Crasher", only for both of them to find out that a surprise birthday party has been planned for him.
- Veronica Mars: After a CMOA from one of the previously hateful characters in the series, Logan Echolls. Though Logan begins warming up to Veronica en Episode 4, first season, and their relationship has been building up for many more episodes, his suddenly protective attitude is a hint of what will happen afterwards. Veronica kisses him slightly in the corner or his mouth, apparently as a gesture of thanks for his chivalrous behaviour. Then she looks surprised, as if she couldn't believe what she's done. Logan eats her with his eyes before he kisses her, and then they embrace passionately. Great buildup by plot, impressive acting from both leads, and perfectly matched music. The crew meant for this one to be a Big Damn one, and they succeeded. (In all the youtube recaps for the couple's best moments, their first kiss is normally either number one or number two).
- The Big Bang Theory: After going off on a rant about romance, Sheldon initiates one of the most romantic TV kisses of all time with Amy on Valentine's Day in "The Locomotive Manipulation." AND HE LIKES IT.
- The Mentalist: The season 6 final scene....
- Parodied in Saturday Night Lives parody of The Amazing Spider-Man 2s kissing scene. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone prepare for shooting the climactic kiss scene, only for them to turn to have no idea how to kiss like normal.
- How I Met Your Mother: After a season of Unrequited Love Switcheroo, Ted and Robin finally got together in this style
- Spike Dudley and Molly Holly had several Aborted First Kisses before they finally had the big one after a match between their two families (the Dudley Boyz and the Holly Cousins). Jim Ross said it was "just like Brad Pitt and what's-her-name".
- AJ Lee is a master at this, but arguably her greatest kisses were:
- The first kiss with Kane.
- Kissing CM Punk and then sending him and Daniel Bryan crashing through a table.
- And the two passionate kisses she gave Dolph Ziggler on consecutive nights.
- Used for gruesome Body Horror in Big Finish Doctor Who. After a whole lot of Unresolved Sexual Tension, the Eighth Doctor and his companion Charlotte finally decide to talk about their feelings. As it happens, at the time they're trapped in a nightmare void for weeks or possibly months, their senses have been dulled completely, they're blinded by piercing light, there's a constant piercing screech in their (and our) ears, something is slowly eating them, and they discover that they've been holding hands for so long that their fingers have started melting together. As a desperate last-ditch effort to survive, the Doctor tells Charlotte to mash her mouth against his so they can melt into each other's faces and become a single organism together.
- In Bye Bye Birdie, to grab one last bit of publicity out of Conrad Birdie before he is inducted into the Army, he is to give "One Last Kiss" to one girl "chosen at random from 1,200,000 hysterical teen-agers." Unfortunately, what the television cameras capture is not Conrad Birdie planting a kiss on Kim MacAfee of Sweet Apple, Ohio but Kim's boyfriend Hugo flooring Conrad with one blow.
- The Phantom of the Opera combines this with a Tear Jerker Downer Ending beautifully.
- "Champagne" from In the Heights has one at the end, complete with swelling music.
- Mass Effect:
- Mass Effect 1 features this for the final romance scene, if the player pursues that option. Given that an Almost Kiss had happened very recently beforehand, it makes it all the more meaningful.
- Executed brilliantly, beautifully, heartwarmingly well at the conclusion of Lair of the Shadow Broker between Shepard and a romanced Liara in Mass Effect 2.
- Perhaps making up for the Headbutt of Love in the second game, Garrus and female Shepard have two of these in Mass Effect 3 if their relationship continues. The first is during their date high atop the Presidium when Shepard agrees to be his girlfriend, and the second is in London before the final battle for Earth. And if Shepard's reaction is any indication, Garrus is one hell of a kisser for a guy who doesn't have lips.
- BioWare loves this trope in general, as the same thing happens in Dragon Age II as Hawke's having one last conversation with the party members before the Very Definitely Final Dungeon. It's especially poignant if Hawke's Love Interest is either Fenris (due to the Second-Act Breakup they had) or Anders because he's a fugitive terrorist at that point.
- The Scott Pilgrim video game ends each of the first four levels with one between Scott and Ramona.
- Final Fantasy X had a 2-minute long sequence of this between Tidus and Yuna.
- Brütal Legend has the awesome moment where Eddie and Ophielia kiss for the first time while the Screaming Wall blares a shockwave of sonic energy, causing hair to billow dramatically.
- An omnipresent trope in the Renai genre. Kissing scenes are always one of the few that get their own unique CG art, while the rest of the story uses character sprites.
- Little Busters!: One of the last CGs in Mio's route shows them kissing dramatically in front of a truly beautiful sky.
- Pictured above: Miyako Miyamura and Hiro Hirono get one in ef - a fairy tale of the two..
- Katawa Shoujo has one for every route, but out of all of them, Emi's is very striking.
- Roy and Valerie share a big damn kiss after they reconcile in Journey of the Cartoon Man. It enables them to escape from a pit of quicksand.