Playing With: The Big Damn Kiss
Basic Trope: Epic kissing scene.
Back to Big Damn Kiss
- Straight: After a long Unresolved Sexual Tension, two characters kiss, and the scene looks gorgeous.
- Exaggerated: When they are kissing, new volcanoes erupt on the ground around them, and sprinkle lava everywhere.
- Downplayed: Two characters finally kiss after accomplishing something quite good, like finding out they've been accepted to the same college, on a nice spring day.
- The characters are Reality Warpers who unwillingly change their environment by their excitement.
- They deliberately went to some quiet scenic spot so they could finally be alone and open up to each other about their true feelings.
- Inverted: When the two are kissing, clouds cover the sky, and The Bee Gees' Stayin' Alive plays in the background.
- Subverted: The music gets powerful, the ocean's waves get higher, the sun starts shining.... they look at each other... He gets closer... but she just slaps him...
- Double Subverted: ...That makes it even more powerful when she continues with a Slap-Slap-Kiss.
- Parodied: When they are kissing, rainbows appear even though it's night, and the moon is having an orgasm.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: They are kissing, but nothing particular happens. It's just... mouths touching.
- Enforced: The writer specifically asked for realistic visuals, but the visual artists found a kissing scene in that style too depressing.
- Lampshaded: Did the Earth Move for You, Too?
- Invoked: Bob buys fireworks, and sets them off when he is planning to kiss Alice.
- Exploited: Bob times his kissing of Alice at the fireworks event, so influenced by the assault of all of her senses, she will fall for him.
- Defied: Alice just wants a pleasantly, boring life, and intentionally avoid disruptive situations that would result in fireworks and catharsis.
- Discussed: Two girls discuss if the other one ever had such a situation.
- Conversed: A character mocks that in cartoons, emotions seem to control even the colors.
- Deconstructed: The outstanding scenery above everyone who is kissing, means the end of privacy. You can't have a secret affair while fireworks are appearing above your head.
- Reconstructed: People either learned to live without secret affairs, or learned to replace kissing with other practices, but the spectacular scenery is enough compensation for the inconveniences.
Back to Big Damn Kiss