Alice and Bob have been separated for a long time; then, when they finally see each other again after the separation, a number of things can happen. They might rush towards each other, one may walk to the other in a daze, or one might come up behind the other and put a hand on their shoulder. Then they embrace, with one babbling about how much they missed the other while covering them in kisses
, or they share a long passionate kiss, or they kiss repeatedly. Either way, tears and laughter are sure to be plentiful, from them as well as from their friends and comrades. Is usually a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming
In short, all the torment of their separation and its surrounding events is released in a shower of mixed emotions and sealed with a kiss.
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- In the Inuyasha anime only, Inuyasha and Kagome kiss when they are reunited inside the Shikon no Tama.
- In Wolf's Rain, Hige and Blue reunite in wolf form, with Blue running to Hige and calling his name, while he hobbles to meet her (being badly wounded), and she jumps on him before licking him all over.
- Interesting subversion in Gad Guard: Arashi accompanies Hajiki halfway around the world without confessing her love, but when they are briefly separated for the first time in months he realises how much he needs her, and they share a kiss in front of everyone on reuniting.
- After finding out that his girlfriend wasn't actually dead, Robin (Tim Drake) sweeps her into his arms and gives her a surprise kiss. Right in front of Batman, no less.
- Anne of Green Gables (the third movie): Upon seeing her husband in a POW camp, Anne freezes up as he walks towards her. Then, she bursts into tears and runs at him. Gilbert then covers her in kisses while she laughs and cries.
- It's a Wonderful Life: After getting reinserted into history, George rushes home to find his wife and kids alive and well. He embraces Mary and covers her in kisses to her surprise and slight bewilderment.
- The Lion King II. When Kovu and Kiara find each other after he gets banished, they run at each other and (being lions) nuzzle and lick each other, while playing in the sand.
- LA Story. After deciding to leave the man she's trying to resist falling in love with, Sara McDowel's flight is canceled due to the weather. When she returns to him, she walks toward him and they kiss passionately. Watch it here, starting at 5:35.
- Aragorn and Arwen's reunion in The Return of the King, after their parting ways in the first film.
- Brokeback Mountain: Jack and Ennis share one after four years apart.
- Tank Girl. When TG and Booger reunite after the defeat of Water & Power they kiss.
- Dances with Wolves: This should more accurately be titled Epic Reunion Tackle And Makeout For Ages and Ages and... holy cow, are they even breathing?!
- In the film PSI Love You, Holly makes a bet with Gerry in their first meeting that if by chance they happen to meet again, she would return his jacket. Some time later, while still in Ireland, Holly entered a pub where Gerry happened to be playing. He sings to her "Galway Girl" before taking his guitar off and sweeping Holly off her feet for a kiss.
- In one Animorphs book, Jake and Cassie reunite with a passionate kiss. This later becomes important when Jake downloads his memories into the Howler Hive Mind. Crayak manages to scrub all of them except the kiss. Next time he sends the Howlers on a mission, they try to kiss their enemies instead of attacking them.
- Percy and Annabeth in The Heroes of Olympus. Immediately followed by Percy being judo-flipped.
Live Action TV
- Amy and Rory in the Doctor Who episode "The Big Bang".
- LOST finally allowed Desmond and Penny to meet in the present during the season 4 finale after years of being apart. Cue waterworks, passionate kisses, and promises to never ever ever leave one another ever ever again.
- In the first season, there was Rose who was convinced her husband was still alive. A few episodes into season 2 we find out Bernard is alive and this occurs when they're finally reunited.
- Jack and Ianto in the first season finale of Torchwood.
- In The X-Files episode "The Truth", Mulder and Scully share a lengthy kiss after having been separated for about a year.
- Babylon 5: Sheridan and Delenn in "Between the Darkness and the Light," several months and a lot of agony after they had to part eight episodes earlier.
- A variation in Star Trek: The Next Generation: A "transporter clone" of then-lieutenant Riker is found and rescued, and the first thing he does is plant a big fat kiss on Deanna Troi. (The accident which created the transporter duplicate happened about 15 years prior, when Riker and Troi first knew each other and were still intimate)
- Shepard and Liara, if she was your love interest in the previous game, in Mass Effect 2.
- In the true ending of Lunar 2, Hiro and Lucia kissed each other upon their reunion.
- Zuko and Mai's kiss and incredibly adorable cuddle at the end of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- Subverted in the KaBlam!! episode "Won't Stick to Most Dental Work!". After Henry comes back to the show after quitting, he and June hug instead of kiss.
- Will does this to Matt in W.I.T.C.H. after he's restored from being Shagon.