This page covers the characters found in Pacificators
open/close all folders
A novice Pacificator of Light
. There's a lot more to her than meets the eye...
- Action Girl: In chapters 39 and 40, Daryl've gotten the chance to show off all the new fighting tricks she learned, and is it ever awesome.
- Ascended Fangirl: One of the reasons Daryl was so quick to accept Bismun's offer of joining Platoon 113 is because some of her idols were on that team.
Daryl: I was very eager to start my first mission with my idols and making friends with them...
- Berserk Button: Don’t call her fat.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She’s the sweetest girl you’ll ever meet. Just don’t call her fat, or hurt people in front of her.
- Big Eater: Has a healthy appetite, to put it mildly.
- Britain: She’s from a farm in northern England.
- Character Development: Daryl's becoming more assertive and comfortable in the platoon, but she’s still young and inexperienced, being out of school only for a few months.
- The Chick
- Dark and Troubled Past: Implied. Apparently, her mother is an extremely strict parent of some kinds, and does not want Daryl to become a Pacificator, lest she suffers her grandmother's fate...
- In light of new information, it may be that her mother didn't want her to end up like Castella Brandsford.
- Die or Fly: How Daryl learns new tricks.
- Evil Laugh: Yes, we got one from her, of all people.
Cinna: That new spinster laugh, where’s it coming from?!
- Farm Girl
- Fat Girl: Intentionally subverted; Word of God was that he wanted there to be a positive portrayal of a fat character somewhere out there, and so Daryl was born.
- Fights Like a Normal: She learned her wrestling moves from a stubborn goat.
- Friend to All Children: Even ones that ally themselves with pirates.
- Graying Morality: She’s getting a hard lesson on the reality of life.
- The Heart
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: Said this to Cinna about Allan.
- Heroic BSOD: She experienced a mild one after a mission failure in which she contemplated quitting the platoon and starting anew.
- Hidden Depths: Definitely more than the shy and inexperienced Pacificator she seems to be.
- Humans Are Good: Believes in this strongly, which makes her ripe for Graying Morality.
- Legacy Character: Implied to be this in-universe. Her grandmother, Helen Churchill, was a very famous Pacificator of Light who untied Italy and helped to find many, many T-Pacificators. Bismun’s gambling on Daryl showing the talents her grandmother had.
- Confirmed in chapter 43. Daryl definitely inherited every bit of Helen's power, and she is actually a very powerful Pacificator. The superiors, however, are afraid of another Castella incident, so they intentionally mislabeled Daryl as a weak "feebler."
- The Idealist: Currently is struggling between being this and being a Stepford Smiler, thanks to Graying Morality.
- Light 'em Up: The basis of her powers. She's so good at this, she's actually able to access the entire electromagnetic spectrum... from radio waves to gamma waves.
- Light Is Good
- The Medic
- Naive New Comer: To being an active Pacificator.
- New Meat: Youngest on the team and fresh out of school.
- Passing the Torch: Implied to be the case with her and her grandmother.
- The Pollyanna: Mixed with Stepford Smiler.
- Power Crutch: She needs her staff to create a flare, via the orb atop it.
- The Power of the Sun
- Samaritan Syndrome: The reason she became a Pacificator - she wanted to help people just like her grandmother.
- Secret Legacy: There’s a lot more to her than it looks, and then there’s her famous grandmother...
- Simple Staff: The staff was inherited from her grandmother. It is an old staff, obviously, and has a huge crack on the orb. Turns out her mother inflicted that crack on the staff when she hurled it into a wall after catching Helen teaching her granddaughter a few tricks...
- Smarter Than You Look: People tend to dismiss her because she’s only a sixteen year-old who just graduated. However...
- Stepford Smiler: Implied.
- Stupid Good: The impression people get of her.
- Sweet Tooth: Duh.
- Team Chef: She makes some mean apple pies.
- Team Mom: Despite being five to eight years younger than her teammates.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She really likes bread.
- Welcome Episode: The first chapter.
- White Magician Girl
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Those with the power of light don’t get much respect; they’re often called "feeblers." However, Daryl discovered The Power of the Sun...
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Daryl is at a very real and legitimate risk of this - it's confirmed in chapter 43 that powers affect one's mental and physical health. Castella, who had the exact same power Daryl has, was infamous for her Sanity Slippage and the resulting murder of thousands of people. On the other hand, Daryl's grandmother Helen, who had this power too, didn't go insane. But , Helen did go blind and is so weak, she can barely move. Either way, Daryl's future doesn't look so bright.
The Pacificator of Gravity
, rank A.
- Action Fashionista
- Ambition Is Evil: Subverted; she’s very ambitious, but not evil.
- Berserk Button: Lots. Being touched, people saying or doing rude and vulgar things in public, people being mean to or hurting children, and lastly, the biggest one of all - Cinna.
- The Big Girl
- Brainy Brunette: She knows the rules inside and out.
- Broken Pedestal: To Daryl.
- Butt Monkey: Even though everybody’s fair game, she’s by far the biggest one, usually courtesy of her rival.
- Character Development: Muneca is slowly starting to work with Cinna, and becoming more flexible about rules. For example, she’s started to slip into Spanish when speaking.
- Control Freak
- Covered with Scars: Burn scars, to be specific.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Now that we know Muneca has extensive burn scars, we can start fitting the pieces together. When she was a small girl, she got caught in a terrible fire, and she apparently remembers being burned alive all too well....
- Death Glare: She has a really terrifying one.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: After Daryl accidentally discovers Muneca's scars, Muneca has become considerably much more relaxed with Daryl, doing things such as willingly touching Daryl, for one.
- Does Not Like Men: Possibly. Muneca was the first recruit of Bismun's platoon, and she specifically requested that the platoon be all-female.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Look at Covered with Scars in case you wonder why. It's strongly implied to be this case when Muneca screamed at Daryl to get out, and to not to tell anybody.
- The Fashionista
- Fights Like a Normal: Muneca is good at fencing.
- Friend to All Children
- Get Out: Gave a big "LEAVE!" to Daryl when Daryl accidentally saw her burned arm and back.
- Gorgeous Period Dress: She wears Victorian-era clothes. One of the reasons she dresses like this is to hide her extensive burn scars.
- Gravity Master: Her power type.
- Hates Being Touched: Don’t even touch her on the shoulder or you’ll get slapped with a sexual assault charge. That's because it's actually painful for her to be touched, thanks to her extensive burn scars.
- Headbutting Heroes: With Cinna.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: As mentioned before, she's good at sword-fighting. See Parasol of Prettiness for more.
- Hidden Depths: Muneca's very inflexible about rules, right? Well... her parasol is actually a Sword Cane, for real - and the catch is that it's illegal. Our Muneca is actually breaking the rules, big time!
- Apparently she's excellent at making coffee, much to Cinna's delight when she made authentic Italian cappuccino.
- Honor Before Reason: She’s very obsessed with her duty.
- A Kind of One: She’s the only Pacificator of Gravity. She was so valuable that when she became available for recruitment, it had to be decided by a lottery.
- Last Name Basis: We’ve yet to see Muneca address any adults by their first name.
- Mama Bear: Do not harm the children. Even the bratty ones.
- Meaningful Name: Muneca is Spanish for doll.
- Mighty Glacier
- Minor Injury Overreaction: Thus earning her the nickname of "Berserk Doll" from Cinna. It makes perfect sense, however, when you recall that when she was a small girl, she got caught in a fire, and got burned...
- Mixed Ancestry: Her father came from England. We don't know yet whether "mixed" marriages are uncommon or not.
- Most Common Superpower: It’s likely that she wears a corset with her clothes, and she’s excessively private, but Word of God confirms this. Also, Cinna suspects this.
- It's pretty much confirmed in-universe by now. Cinna gives her a really hard time about it.
- Nice Hat: Muneca’ve got quite a nice collection of them. She wasn’t happy when Cinna accidentally stepped on one.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: With Cinna.
- Not So Above It All: Is willing to swoop as low as to blackmailing and getting into petty trusses with Cinna.
- Parasol of Prettiness
- Pride: One of her major character flaws.
- Proper Lady
- Scars Are Forever: See Covered with Scars.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: As discussed on the main page, Muneca gets quite a bit of help from Kathy.
- Really, it's more of a Screw the Difficulties, I Have Connections! thing, since Muneca is very strict about following rules. What's making it a bit hard for her to get promotions is part stubbornness, and part bad luck.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Just for reading.
- Sour Prude: Subverted. She’s just really very modest and polite. It's a Berserk Button of hers when people say vulgar things in public.
- Spain: She grew up in Madrid.
- Statuesque Stunner: She’s taller than some of the men, and pretty much every other woman thus far in the comic.
- Stubborn Mule
- Team Prima Donna: Played With.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With Cinna.
- They Died Because of You: Gave this to Larima, concerning Porenn Carlson's death.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She loves tea.
A Pacificator of Fire
, rank B.
A Pacificator of Air
, rank B. The younger sister.
- Action Girl
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Every once in a while, she would intentionally cause Larima to be flustered and harried.
- Berserk Button: So far, she’s the calmest member of the platoon, but we do see her having strong reactions (at least, for her) to two things: Larima being in danger and being teased about her crush on Gincoi.
- Bilingual Bonus: She sometimes speaks in French.
- Blow You Away: Source of her powers.
- Bookworm: She’s usually seen with a book.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Word of God is that she was tested for high intelligence, but isn’t very motivated. To top that off, she usually naps when bored.
- Brutally Honest: This is an actual trait of deaf people.
- Character Development: She seems to be opening up a bit to Daryl. Word of God is that normally she’s quite distant with people.
- Combat Pragmatist: An interesting example in which she uses her deafness to her advantage against Gincoi.
- Deadpan Snarker: So far, Cinna is her favorite target.
- Death by Origin Story: Word of God tells us that their parents were killed in a war.
- Did You Think I Can't Feel?: Taffe is pretty patient when people poke fun at her, until they tease her about her crush on Gincoi.
- Disability Superpower: She’s deaf, but she uses her power of air to amplify sounds, which is how hearing aids work in Real Life.
- Emotionless Girl
- Exact Eavesdropping: A different take on the trope: Taffe eavesdrops on people quite a bit, apparently because she’s nosy and just could. Sometimes she manages to catch important tidbits from the enemies.
- Fragile Speedster
- France: She hails from Rennes.
- Fights Like a Normal: She has a special combo. First, kick the guy in the knee. Second, smack him in the chin with a palm heel strike. Thirdly? Groin Attack.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Played with between her and Larima. Larima loves being a Pacificator, while Taffe isn’t motivated at all because she never wanted to be one. Larima is something of The Ditz and a Genki Girl, while Taffe is The Stoic.
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: There’s no blowup yet between her and Larima, but there’s friction there; for example, Taffe refused to hug Larima back when they were reunited in Basque. According to Word of God, there’s a rift between them.
- In chapter 42, they had a big fight off-screen. note
- Groin Attack: There’s a reason her only footwear are those steel-tipped boots.
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: No, Taffe does not like Gincoi that way.
- Kick Chick: Look, she really loves Groin Attacking guys, okay?
- The Lancer: She’s officially the second-in-command.
- Little Sister Instinct: She is very protective of her big sister Larima.
- Make Me Wanna Shout
- Mundane Utility: Taffe uses her power to help her hear. If the top big-shots knew about this, they likely will reprimand her for this.
- Not So Above It All: Occasionally, she can't resist the urge to make Larima look stupid.
- Not So Stoic: She worries about her sister’s safety and she’s usually quick to leap to Larima’s defense. Very likely the reason she was so pissed at Larima when they reunited in Basque - Larima hadn’t told her that she was okay, so Taffe spent days worrying about her.
- One of the Boys
- Parental Abandonment: See Death by Origin Story.
- The Quiet One
- Real Women Never Wear Dresses
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue oni to Larima's red.
- Sibling Team: With Larima.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Larima.
- The Spock
- The Stoic
- Surrounded by Idiots: How she feels about her platoon. Yes, including her sister. In fact, "idiot" seems to be her favorite word around them. Her second favorite is "moron."
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Taffe gets unusually flustered whenever Cinna teases her about Gincoi. After that, Taffe’s careful to not mention Gincoi in Cinna’s hearing.
- That's an Order: She has very little motivation about her job, but when she gives an order, her platoon listens.
- Tomboy: To the point that she gets mistaken for a boy.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: With Larima.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Since she wears pegasus hairpins, and on rare occasions, wear slightly girlish shirts.
- Voice Changeling: Has a talent for imitating other people’s voices, despite being deaf.
- Wrench Wench: She specializes in taking apart guns.
A Pacificator of Water
, rank Elite. The older sister.
Commander Bismun Volborth
The commander of Platoon 113. Just a regular guy.
- All Men Are Perverts: Averted, but due to his reputation, it’s a case of Never Live It Down.
- Badass Longcoat: A really nice one.
- Badass Normal: The only member of Platoon 113 without powers.
- Big Brother Instinct: At least Daryl thinks so.
- Everyone Can See It: With Qamra.
- First Name Basis: Addresses most of his platoon (sans Muneca) by their first names, and allows them to call him Bismun.
- The Gambler: He created a squad full of T-Pacificators, even though many people thought it was a bad idea, and he recruited Daryl immediately, forgoing the usual four-years training.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: He's got got a couple of the good variety scars on his face.
- Katanas Are Just Better
- Last Name Basis: Out of respect to Muneca, he addresses her as Miss Powell. Also, when the platoon are out on business, he calls them by last name for the sake of appearance.
- The Leader: The leader of the platoon, even though we don’t see him much.
- Mongolia: Bismun comes from this country.
- My Greatest Failure: The death of Porenn Carlson and the resulting Balkan wars.
- Never Live It Down: An in-universe case; he became the first commander to ever create a platoon full of T-Pacificators who just happened to be all girls. Oops.
- Turns out this was fully intentional. His first recruit, Muneca, specifically asked for an all-female platoon.
- Nice Guy
- Pride: A character flaw of his, according to Enrique, Qamra, and Word of God.
- Spiky Hair: Lampshaded by Breanne, who calls him "Conehead."
Commander Qamra Umar
The commander of Platoon 110. Specializes in intelligence.
Used to teach the Pacificators, but quit to become a mercenary.
Commander Breanne Geothe
The commander of Platoon 126. Specializes in history and mythology.
- Action Fashionista
- Action Girl
- Adventurer Archaeologist: Her speciality.
- Badass Adorable
- Berserk Button: Do not, and I repeat, do not call her a kid or a midget. She is 26, and she has the identification card to prove it!
- Blondes Are Evil: Subverted... sort of. J.A. described her as somebody who would "make a better villain than a hero."
- Card Games: She is renowned for the game she invented, The Way of the Fate.
- Combat Pragmatist
- The Corrupter: A good example. She doesn't like the changes the Chancellor has done to the Pacificators, so she's working to bring him down and restore the Pacificators to the original Guardians of Peace.
- Cute Bruiser
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Very much so.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: She's well-known for her outfit.
- Establishing Character Moment: Hers was slightly anti-climatic.
- Everyone Can See It: With Christopher.
- At least, Shirley and Daryl could see it.
- Evil Laugh: She laughs like a snake. Hss hss hss!
- Giggling Villain: Subverted, since she's not a villain. She's still wicked, though.
- Groin Attack: Her small size does not stop her. Groin attack is one of her favorite attacks.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Shirley. In fact, if it wasn't for Shirley, Breanne would've quit the Pacificators long ago.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Christopher.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Little Miss Badass
- Manipulative Bitch
- The Napoleon: See Berserk Button.
- Tricked-Out Shoes: She has daggers and pepper spray projectors hidden in her boots.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Christopher.
- Working with the Ex: Bismun and Breanne used to date. Bismun broke up with her because he couldn't stand her climbing all over him "like a squirrel."
An archaeologist on Platoon 126. He's just a boring, regular guy. (Also specializes in dead languages and ancient computers.)
An archaeologist on Platoon 126. Specializes in ancient machines.
Secretariat for Platoon 126.
A freelancer Pacificator of fire
, rank Elite. Very good friend of Muneca.
- Action Fashionista
- Asian Buck Teeth: Some speculate that she may has some Asian ancestry, due to her eyes and last name. If not, then this trope is merely Irish Buck Teeth.
- Big Eater: She ate three whole apple pies in just four days.
- Blessed with Suck: Like Cinna, Kathy overheats whether she gets too angry.
- Christianity Is Catholic
- Which doubles as Fridge Logic, considering that she is Irish. What is Ireland well-known for? Duelling Protestants and Catholics.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Her character profile on the website - and according to Cinna, even though she's biased - seem to imply this.
- Playing with Fire: Her power type.
- Rise of Zitboy: While she seems to have learned how to live with her acne a long time ago, she does have them bad.
- Again, lampshaded by Cinna, who calls her "Miss Pimples" when she's not calling her "Miss Bucktooth."
- Running Gag: She loves Daryl's apple pies.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: As mentioned above, she helps out Muneca whenever she could.
- She gets called out on this by Cinna, but nobody else seems to have noticed.
- Scot Ireland
- Trademark Favorite Food: She really likes Daryl's apple pies.
- Trick Bomb: Like all Pacificators of Fire, she carries a bunch of those.
The CEO of the Setting Sun Incorporation.
Master manipulator; sleazy politican.
Princess Belinda Estaben
The Princess of Spain. Now the Queen.
Pirate Ferdinand Cook
The son of a great pirate. Aspires to be the greatest pirate to ever sail the Seven Seas.
One of Odin's renegades. Unknown rank user of fire
One of Odin's renegades. Unknown rank user of light
. Also a supermodel.
One of Odin's renegades. Unknown rank, and his classification is unknown as well.
One of Odin's renegades. Rank 9 user of earth