Need a hand working out the story? We can't exactly blame you, so this character guide should prove useful:
open/close all folders
The Smith Syndicate
VA: Dwight SchultzThe commander of the Killer7. An elderly old man in a wheelchair who spends most of his time in a comatose state getting abused by his maid, Samantha. When he's awake though, he wields a high-velocity sniper rifle and plays a mean game of chess. In gameplay, he has the highest stamina of all the Smiths, but he is only useable in particular scenes. According to the expanded documentation, Harman manifests as three separate entities: Harman Smith, the headmaster of a Seattle school who took Emir Parkreiner under his wing; Master Harman, the previous Harman's persona who manifests to Garcian; and Hasidic Harman, a godlike entity with the power of death, who uses Master Harman as his avatar. A younger version of Harman is also playable after beating the game and choosing killer8 mode, where Harman carries a highly dangerous tommygun and can take more damage than any other persona.
"Good night, child. It is past your bedtime."
"Tricks are for kids, Kun. I'm an old man."
- Badass Grandpa
- BFG: His weapon of choice is an anti-tank rifle.
- Big Good: For a loose interpretation of what can be considered "good", anyway.
- The Chessmaster
- Cold Sniper
- Decoy Protagonist: Garcian is the true protagonist, not Harman. Symbolically, his Handsome Man counterpart, Handsome Red, is one to Handsome Pink. Guess who her killer7 counterpart is?
- Disability Superpower
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Howlin' Mad Murdoch really went off the deep end as an old man.
- More Dakka: Young Harman
- Stone Wall: He has so much health that his health gauge on his channel goes way off the right side of the screen. Too bad he's never in a situation where he takes damage. Young Harman also has an absurd amount of health, but the trade-off is that if he dies, he's an absolute nightmare on your wrists to try and revive.
VA: Greg EaglesThe second-in-command. The only member of the Killer7 who directly reports to Harman. A suave, detached man whose job as a "cleaner" leaves him without remorse for the dead. He can resurrect any of the Smiths who are killed in action by venturing out into the field and collecting their head. He uses a silenced pistol, but isn't very effective in combat. In life, Garcian was known as Emir Parkreiner (a.k.a. The Bloody Heartland), a ruthless assassin whom Harman took under his wing at the age of 13, training him to kill those who would later become the killer7 and absorbing them as personae (including Harman himself, whose body he stuffed into a safe at the school he attended). He wields the Vision ring, which allows him to see remnant psyches and change personae at will, and a large suitcase containing all his alternate personae's weapons.
"Don't make me say it again. I'm a cleaner."
"No! It... it wasn't me! It's all a big misunderstanding!"
- Cleanup Crew: As he's a "cleaner"
- Dark Messiah
- Dead to Begin With
- Even Evil Has Standards: Despite being an assassin, he really didn't like the idea of Curtis harvesting organs from children.
- Handbag of Hurt: Uses his briefcase in his down attack
- Scary Black Man: Despite not being that useful in combat, he comes across as very intimidating in cutscenes.
- Tomato in the Mirror
- Token Minority: The only black guy, although he has a major role.
- Arguably inverted given that the rest of the killer7 are his personae
- The Stoic
VA: Michael GoughThe Lancer. Sociopathic Hero extraordinaire. He wields a powerful revolver which can unleash a massive blast of energy called the Collateral Shot. Somewhat of a Spotlight Stealer. He later revives his ultimate weapon: the Demon Gun.
"I went to see the devil. Now it's your turn!"
"I feel my blood rushing through my body once more. Yes, this is it. This feeling is coming back to me! The sensation of killing. The doom and darkness. The dark streets, they're calling me...calling me to the ultimate ring!"
- Blood Knight: He definitely loves fighting the Heavenly Smiles.Dan: "I feel my blood rushing through my body once more. Yes, this is it. This feeling is coming back to me! The sensation of killing. The doom and darkness. The dark streets, they're calling me...calling me to the ultimate ring!"
- Even Evil Has Standards: REALLY despises Curtis for that harvesting of organs thing.
- That, and Curtis used to be his mentor before Dan got set up by him.
- Hot-Blooded Sideburns
- The Red Baron: He's known as 'The Hellion'.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: Especially if they're a 12-shot gun called "The Demon Gun".
- Slasher Smile: To compliment him fighting off the Heavenly Smiles.
- Smug Snake: In life, he could talk but couldn't back it up. In death, he gained the power to prove it.
- Even still, go ahead and listen to the cutscenes in Chapters 4 and 5 where he has a speaking role and hear just how smug he can sound.
- You Bastard: In-universe. He says this whenever he does a counter to one of the Heavenly Smiles.
VA: Tara StrongThe Chick. The only girl. A sarcastic yet downtrodden woman with a permanent bloodstain on her dress and no shoes, giving her the nickname "Barefoot". She can slit her wrists and use the ensuing Rain of Blood to destroy hidden barriers. She has also equipped her pistol with a very handy scope. Her first name is capitalized to stress that it is written in romaji, which hints at her non-Japanese origins.
"Hurts, doesn't it?"
"I've changed my makeup. Did you notice? Tch... men. They never notice... these kinds of things."
- Deadpan Snarker
- Emotionless Girl/Squick: Suda has stated he specifically made KAEDE to make players uncomfortable.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: She may not be as innocent as Timmy Turner, or as cheerful as Rikku or possess the magic of Twilight Sparkle, but it's all the same voice.
- Kick Chick: One of her counters.
- Unorthodox Reload: The only Killer7 member to avert this. Unfortunately, this also means that she has the slowest reload time (and if you reload while zoomed in, she fumbles with the clip, making it take even longer.)
- Woman in White: Contrasted with the bloodstain. Why yes, it is symbolic.
VA: Jun Hee LeeThe kid. Blind. Cocky. Wields two rapid-fire pistols and is the fastest of the Smiths. His special power gives a massive boost to his running speed. Being a kid, he can also fit through spaces that are too small for the others. His blindness also allows him to hear weakened walls and hidden passages.
- Disability Superpower: Being blind means that his hearing has become exceptionally better.
- Fanboy: He gets super excited when he "sees" the Handsome Men do their famous pose.
- Gangsta Style: Has probably the weirdest aiming stance of the Smiths. First-person view shows him tilting his guns in the same direction, one held over the other.
- Headphones Equal Isolation: Subverted. Apparently it makes him hear better.
- More Dakka: He's the fastest-shooting Smith and is ideal for bullet spam.
- Precision F-Strike: When he shoots a Heaven Smile, he responds with "Fuck you!".
- Tagalong Kid
VA: Benito MartinezThe punk. A small-time thief with a penchant for loud Hawaiian shirts. Wields his revolver Gangsta Style to look cool and has a foul mouth. Despite everyone putting him down, he's the only Smith who can remove padlocks from doors and can make incredible vertical jumps to reach otherwise inaccessible places.
"Sorry pal, but this is the moment I've been waiting for, I have to do this, or the anger inside will not go away."
- Gangsta Style: So gangsta that it's almost upside-down.
- Master of Unlocking: Is capable of picking padlocks with one hand. By just manhandling them for a few seconds.
- Precision F-Strike: See his quote above.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: He holds his diagonally when targeting.
- South of the Border: Being Mexican with a knack for picking locks have led some reviewers to wonder if the devs have been watching too much Chappelle's Show.
MASK de Smith
VA: Miguel CaballeroThe Big Guy. Professional lucha libre wrestler. A generally nice guy who draws his strength from Mask Power, Heroic Willpower, and two Grenade Launchers. Has the greatest vitality of all the Smiths save for Harman himself. You need him to blow holes through cracked walls and move heavy objects. Like KAEDE, his first name is written in romaji. He is implied to have been highly popular and successful as a wrestler, until his sudden disappearance from the wrestling circuit. According to ''Hand in killer7, more than a century after the death of the Last Shot Smile, either MASK or an impersonator becomes the dominant personality and wipes out millions of "Final Smiles" raining down in Detroit.
"Children are pure. They know who's the strongest."
"I'm not a monster, it's only a mask."
- Author Appeal: Suda51 likes his luchadors.
- Crutch Character: His powerful grenade launchers can take down low-level Smiles in a single hit. But because you can't hit their weak points, you never get any thick blood from doing so.
- Gentle Giant: He likes kids, but has an exasperated tone about people thinking he was a monster instead of him just wearing a mask.
- Kill It with Fire: One of his character selection quotes states this.
- Magikarp Power: If you take the time to find all of his masks, he'll become super powerful and he won't have to reload every time he fires.
- Masked Luchador
- Mighty Glacier: Got the best vitality ( He's one of only three characters who can take a hit in killer8), strength and fights with grenade launchers, but he's also the slowest out of the 7.
- Wrestler in All of Us: He suplexes rubble.
- And headbutts a bullet at one point.
Kevin SmithThe unknown. A mysterious, silent albino with Sinister Shades, no shirt and an unlimited supply of throwing knives. A Master of Disguise with the power to literally turn invisible just by taking his shades off, letting him waltz through enemies and security systems with ease. Not actually named after that Kevin Smith.
VA: Heidi AndersonHarman's caretaker. When the lights are on, she's a moody, foul-mouthed Alpha Bitch who thinks nothing of physically abusing the comatose Harman and even raping him at one point. When the lights are off, she's a perfect and loyal Meido servant to Harman. She saves your game for you, but only when "on the clock" as the Save Maid. When Harman awakens in the final chapter, he takes revenge by raping and killing Samantha, harvesting her soul to transform her completely into his obedient servant; at which point, she becomes "Samantha Smith" (although the Japanese version of the game refers to her consistently as Samantha Smith through the whole game) In addition, Hand in killer7 reveals that her abuse of Harman was set up by Jaco Checkbox as a means of hypnotizing him to accept missions that will lead to the existence of the Last Shot Smile, who will become the very last Smile.
"I don't have time for this shit, you know I'm busy with my classes!"
"The Master is awake."
VA: Bart FlynnThe informant to the killer7 and the closest friend to the group. Like Samantha, he's not a member of the group but is close to them and knows everything about them. He knows almost everything there is to know about the government and the group, which eventually gets him killed by another assassin, Linda Vermillion. He shows up in the Union Hotel as a Remnant Psyche, telling Garcian to confront Young Harman and Dimitri Nightmare at the top of the hotel.
"What can you do when the whole world has its eyes on you?"
- All There in the Manual: He was previously an informant to Curtis Blackburn, and is an assassin himself. He's not a good one, but he is one.
- Catch Phrase: "Hello, Mr. Smith, the election is drawing near, have you decided on your vote? If you haven't, please let the Republic Party make the most of your precious vote, thank you and have a nice day."
- Karmic Death: A man who was close friends with assassins, assigned them missions, and is an assassin himself, albiet not that good, is killed by an assassin himself.
- Keeper of Forbidden Knowledge: A human example. When he tries to tell Garcian the truth about his past, he is shot.
- Killed Off for Real
- Mr. Exposition: For the basic storyline. Travis tells you more throughout the level.
- The Reveal: Dies before he can give it.
VA: Joe LalaHarman's rival and friend, and leader of the Heaven Smiles. A godlike figure with the power of life in his hand, able to grant immortality to whoever he chooses. Despite being set up as an antagonist for the killer7, he and Harman remain civil towards one another, and the two are often seen playing chess together. His war with Harman is eternal, and is the likely source of the Heaven Tears mentioned in Hand in killer7.
"The world won't change. All it does is turn. Now, let's dance."
- Affably Evil: He remains polite to everyone, even though he's a terrorist.
- Big Bad: At first glance, but this game's plot makes it uncertain. He's definitely portrayed as this, though.
- The Chessmaster: Literally and otherwise, competes with Harman.
- Although Harman notes that Kun Lan is a really terrible chess player.
- Good Powers, Bad People: He has the power of life, but uses it to kill and terrify. Contrast Harman, who pretty much specializes in Shoot the Dog.
- The Hyena: His laughter is just as insane and hysterical as the Smiles he creates.
- "At heaven's command, we will kill the unwanted. We must get rid of bad trees from their roots. I hope that you are not one of them."
- Action Bomb
- Attack Its Weak Point: Low-level smiles can be shot anywhere, but shooting their weak point is a One-Hit Kill. Eventually, more Smile types appear that can only be killed by hitting their weakpoint, and a couple will actually teleport right in front of you and explode if you hit them anywhere but their weak point.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Giant Smiles
- Body Horror: Just the whole process of becoming a Smile is bad enough. But then you start running into Smiles that don't even look remotely human.
- Chasing Your Tail: The Ceramic Smile
- Degraded Boss: A couple of the miniboss Smiles become regular enemies later on.
- Determinator: They'll keep shuffling towards you even without their heads. Shoot off one or more of their legs, and they'll just crawl (in fact, they crawl even faster than they walk.)
- Eye Beams: The Laser Smile
- Hero Killer: The Black Smiles spawned by Greg Nightmare.
- The Hyena: Every sound they make is some kind of laughter.
- Laughably Evil: Some of the Smiles manage to be pretty silly, like Smiles that jog towards you making strange noises, or contort themselves into a ball and roll towards you.
- Laughing Mad
- Made of Iron: The Protector series of Smiles can only be killed by Mask's grenades. The vanilla Protector Smile only requires the basic grenade, while Protector Z needs a level 1 charge attack, and the Protector ZZ needs a fully charged attack.
- Metal Slime: Micro and Camillia smiles. Both give huge amounts of thick blood when killed (and the Micros awaken all the sleeping Smiths,) but Micros are small and hard to hit, and fly towards you really quickly (fortunately, the explosion doesn't hurt you, but it does blind the player) and Camillia's sprint as fast as they can away from you and then explode if you shoot them without killing them or get too close.
- Mook Maker: Duplicator and Mother Smiles.
- Our Zombies Are Different
- Slasher Smile: More of a massive rictus grin, but it serves the same purpose.
- Unique Enemy: The Ceramic Smile could count, as it's only fought once like the mini-boss Smiles, but unlike them it's not fought inside the Vinculum Gate.
- Zombie Gait: Both played straight and averted. Most Smiles will leisurely shamble towards you, but certain types will run or outright sprint at you. Some Smiles (like the Mithril and Timer Smiles) will do both.
The U.N. Party
- Toru Fukushima: The founder of the U.N. party and owner of Restaurant Fukushima. He is the target of Sunset, Part 1. He possesses the Yakumo, giving him great power over the government. It's stolen, however, by Jean Depaul, who disguised himself as a chef, with two pieces ending up in the hands of two different people: Kenjiro Matsuoka and Andrei Ulmeyda. Is killed by yet ANOTHER mole: his secretary, Julia Kisugi.
- Kenjiro Matsuoka: The timid new leader of the U.N. party, mocked by party seniors. In his very first scene, Akiba and Kurahashi order him to commit suicide, as Japan will most likely be destroyed by missiles. After he shoots their heads, he becomes a spiritual Dragon to Kun Lan and gains a lot of confidence. You have the choice to kill him in the epilogue.
- Shinya Akiba and Hiroyasu Kurahashi: Party seniors. They're best friends, though they're Dirty Old Men who have routinely climed the ranks through murder and tell Matsuoka to either do so or commit suicide. After Matsuoka shoots them, Kun Lan revives them as sentient Heaven Smiles and, despite not being targets, become the final bosses of Sunset. Later reappear as Remnant Psyches in Encounter.
- " A pet of the United States... interesting."
- Action Girl
- Better to Die Than Be Killed: After her defeat, she eats a grenade and promptly explodes into gibs.
- Disk One Final Boss: Sunset is the first multi-part chapter, so one can easily think she's the final boss of Sunset.
- The Mole
VA: James HoranJean Depaul is a chef working for Toru Fukushima, He was really sent to procure the Yakumo from Fukushima, which he successfully does. The Yakumo ends up in the hands of Kenjiro Matsuoka and Andrei Ulmeyda, who use the pieces they have for their own benefits. Hiro Kasai finds out and asks the killer7 to take him out, as his next mission is to disrupt peace talks that will determine the fate of Japan. He commits suicide after the ceiling falls on him.
"Lucha Libre is for kids! But, you know, you are great with the kids, mask man!"
- Better to Die Than Be Killed: When wounded, he shoots himself rather than let the killer7 take care of him.
- Disk Two Final Boss: He's the main target of Part 2 and is thus set up like this for Sunset. Then, Akiba and Kurahashi show up out of nowhere...
- Guilty Pleasures: Despite the quote above saying otherwise, he LOVES MASK's fighting style.
- The Mole: You know you're a big target when you have two of them. Poor Fukushima...
VA: Cam ClarkeA cult leader with a bright yellow Texas Broncos T-shirt and glorious afro. Once an average mailman, Ulmeyda found a portion of the Yakumo Policy and used the instructions contained within it to establish a powerful cult devoted to him and become the head of a multi-million dollar corporation. It's all smoke-and-mirrors, as his "corporation" runs commercials but doesn't actually exist; his headquarters is nothing more than a cardboard cutout of a skyscraper, being able to keep the facade thanks to gaining a piece of the Yakumo. Never the less, he was able to use the illusion of status to acquire a large number of dedicated followers, who regularly drink his blood to acquire Ulmeyda's immunities to diseases, which he develops one-by-one. In the Cloudman chapter, Ulmeyda challenges the killer7 to come to his city and track him down because he's injected himself with the Heaven Smile virus and wants them to kill him before it takes complete control of him.
"We're talkin' guys who beat off four times a day! This is an epicenter of energy, man."
- A Date with Rosie Palms: "We're talking guys who beat off four times a day!"
- Affably Evil: To the point where he's the least like an antagonist you can find in the game. He's a REALLY nice guy.
- Dark Messiah: His incredible charisma and business acumen is rather disturbing, to the point where several characters comment on it. Although despite that he's actually not that bad a guy.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: His former boss sees him as this. This is thanks to the Yakumo, in reality.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: "I told ya to kill me... now I'm going MAD!"
- Large Ham: To EXTREME levels.
- Tragic Monster
VA: Alastair DuncanAn assassin currently in the business of abducting orphans and harvesting their organs to sell on the black market. He was once the mentor of Dan Smith, and was also the one to kill him. He seems to have a supernatural control over light and darkness, and has an adopted daughter- Ayame Blackburn- who he has raised in his footsteps.
"Doesn't hurt to have a hobby after retirement. What do you think?"
- Disturbed Doves: "We shoot when the bird flies." It coos just before it takes off.
- Evil Mentor: To Dan
- Guns Akimbo
VA: Masayo HosonoCurtis Blackburn's adopted daughter. Her weapon of choice is a machine gun and as Curtis' protégé she possesses the same powers over light and shadow as he does. She is a Cosplay Otaku Girl who wears an animegao kigurumi mask and fashions herself as a Magical Girl. After she is killed, her mask falls off to reveal her identity as one of the orphans abducted by the Immigration Society, a front for the organ-harvesting ring.
"Like a flower that blooms in the soil of our carnal and corrupt society, I shall administer retribution to stray vermin that graze this land. For I am the Chairman of the Education Guidance Council! Ayame Blackburn, survive!"
- Killer Rabbit: She'll tear you apart if you aren't careful.
- Take That: One big stab at Japanese politics and otaku culture.
- "I already wrote it. I wrote the story, so YOU'LL die."
- Affably Evil: From his one cutscene, he's shown not to be a pretty bad guy, at worst arrogant.
- The Faceless: You never see him in the game's normal graphics, just in anime graphics. If you take a look at his picture, his face has a shadow over it.
- Psychic Powers: How he knows what the Handsome Men will do. However, it's debatable whether he actually has these, or LOVE was just feeding him information.
- Smug Super: He is rather proud that he has control of the Handsome Men, or so he thinks.
The Handsome Men
- "We are the punishing rangers!"
- Expy: Of Super Sentai and Power Rangers.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad
- Mirror Match: The Handsome Men wield the exact same weapon as their opponent in the one-on-one matches and only attack when they do. Harman's opponent even shows up to the match with his own wheelchair.
- The Psycho Rangers: Technically, the Killer7 would be the Psycho Rangers, which is actually their role in the comic.
- Handsome Red even calls them "Bloody Psychopaths Killer7"
- Scripted Battle: When you finally fight them, it's in a series of one-on-one matchups. Technically, you have control over the characters, but the Handsome Men only attack when you do, and the same characters win and lose every time.
VA: Steve BlumA presidential candidate who may or may not be the principal of Colburn Elementary School. Is the target of Smile, Part 2, and is waiting patiently in the Principal's Office. He knows the secret behind the Electoral Process and Colburn's purpose, so he killed Greg Nightmare to throw everything into confusion. He knows the secret on how to pick up women with 100% success.
"What's a country? Who are the people? What are politicians? Who knows... I just wanted to become President!"
- Russian Roulette: One of the most famous scenes from the game. Garcian wins, Keane shares the secret on how to pick up women with 100% success. If Keane wins, Garcian has to kill the president.
Greg Nightmare and the Seven Black Smiles
- "Haah haah haah..."
- Final Boss
- Hopeless Boss Fight: The second form, when Nightmare creates the Black Smiles, until Garcian comes out.
- Killed Off for Real: We're not talking about Nightmare of the Black Smiles themselves, we're talking about how they're the only enemies in the game capable of killing off the recessive personalities of the killer7 for good.
- Milkman Conspiracy: Although he does have some power in the government, his job doesn't give him the powers over the country that he has.
- Mook Maker: Nightmare makes Special Black Smiles that can kill anyone for good in one shot and are invincible to anything except the Golden Gun.
- Walking Spoiler: We're serious. All we can tell you is his name and job without giving massive spoilers.
Emir ParkreinerAn insane killer who was conditioned in Coburn Elementary to be an assassin for the Yakumo. However, as he was the reincarnation of a Japanese boy who witnessed Japan's takeover by the USA at the end of World War II, he had an element of darkness inside that Kun Lan awakened to make him go on a killing spree. He eventually killed the Smith Syndicate, but then killed himself out of guilt, reincarnating again as Garcian Smith and absorbing the souls of the other Smiths as his recessive personalities. Analysis of Christopher Mills's Catch Phrase reveals that throughout the plot, the Killer7 were wondering which one of them was Emir, in a metaphor for the process of electing people to specific roles in the government.
- Post Final Boss: One of two.
- Reincarnation: Aside from reincarnating into Garcian, he also died in 1952, the "fall of Japan", coming back as the insane killer he's known as. Symbolic? Of course it is.
- Split Personality
- Tomato in the Mirror
Last Shot Smile
- All There in the Manual: Hand In killer7's chronology gives the name "Last Shot."
- Big Bad: He's Iwazaru with Kun Lan's face, spawning some interesting theories on how he fits into this.
- Bigger Bad: That said, the Last Shot Smile was also the archnemesis of the Big Good Jaco Checkbox, and due to the circumstances, the chance that this Smile could exist is what caused Checkbox to use Samantha and Harman to bring forth the events of the game.
- Chekhov's Gun: The screaming in Garcian's Trailerhouse.
- He Was Right There All Along: He's in Garcian's Trailerhouse.
- Post Final Boss
- "A blood-red flower's gonna go up like a firework. And it's up to the owner Fukushima to prevent it from hitting and killing everybody. So, Chief, which side are you on? The homeland? Or Japan?"
- Mr. Exposition: Though by his own admission he's not very good at it. Still, he usually has hints to whatever puzzle you need to solve.
- Meta Guy
- Only Sane Man: Possibly the most relatable character.
- "Master. We're in a tight spot. A very tight spot."
- Big Bad: He might be Kun Lan in disguise.
- Big Damn Heroes: Without him, Alter Ego would be impossible to complete.
- Catch Phrase: "Master..." And "In the name of Harman..."
- Foreshadowing: No one says anything about his backstory except for his connections to Mizaru and Kikazaru, hinting that there's something wrong with him, since all of the other Remnant Psyches have a backstory. Turns out he may be Kun Lan.
- The Mole: Quite possibly.
- Why Did It Have to Be Afros?: The reason he only shows up in Cloudman once, barring the Iwazaru Notes.
SuzieA minor remnant psyche that follows the killer 7 around, and a complete lunatic. She likes to play Peek-A-Boo Corpse with her severed head (if she still has a body we never see it) and then offer the syndicate an elemental ring for solving puzzles after regalling tales of her bloody life.
- Blood Knight
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Since the last ring is given in Encounter, Part 2, she disappears afterwards, leaving Travis, Iwazaru, Yoon-Hyun, and Kess as the recurring Remnant Psyches.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Her boyfriend hit her by accident when he used a rock that was too big for the "window call" trick, she took her dad's hunting rifle and blew his brains out. She also blew up her school facility (during school hours) because she just hated school that much.
- Emoticon: Speaks with Kanji-based emoticons that some western audiences may be unfamilair with ( she often uses (`?´) when flustered, for example).
- Even Evil Has Standards: When she tried to contact the Killer 7 to hire them, they were so disgusted by what a psychopath she was they killed her out of principle.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: She was originally a slightly frustrated high school student, but after accidentally killing her mom, she got the taste for killing and embarked on a bloody murder streak that didn't end until she went after the killer 7.
- Leitmotif: A ghostly, buzzing theme plays to let you know rooms where Suzie is present.
- Peek-A-Boo Corpse: Invoked, Being that she's just a ghostly head she likes to manifest herself in cramped spaces like dryers and floor cabinets.
- " I just had to kill someone, or I'd die. Thanks for finishing me off."
- Meaningful Name: He was killed on a Sunday.
- Mr. Exposition: For the bosses, from the Speed Smile to Greg Nightmare. He doesn't give info for the Zero-Effort Boss or human bosses that are not the main bosses of the seciton
- "Mr. Smith. I sell information, yes?"" Loser. I am the True Mask, and I shall guide you."
- "You don't wanna go in there. It's dangerous. My friends are all dead. They were all murdered! By people who look like...THIS. I have been chosen..."
- "My name is Johnny Gagnon, otherwise known as "Speedster." I kinda get excited when I slit a guy's throat. I know that sounds sick, but..."
- The Ghost: He is never seen in game. And, no, he is not the guy sitting with Young Harman at the Union Hotel. His name is Dimitri Nightmare.
Three Young Men
- " Irrashaimase, welcome. How many in your party, sir?"
VA: Robin Atkin DownesA Liberal Party member referenced at the beginning of Sunset by Mills. In between the two parts of Sunset, he tells Garcian to kill Jean Depaul in the KAKU Building. For betraying Japan in Matsuoka's eyes, he kills Kasai in Smile, Part 1.
" Now, Mr. Mills has a job for you. He wants you to kill this man."
- "This... is a MEAN town. They'll do ANYTHING to protect the great Ulmeyda!"" Ulmeyda? I couldn't care less for that disco freak!"" That ASSHOLE! He sold our souls! He sold the damn town! That's how he got that position!"" Not even we know what goes on inside that building!"
VA: Chris CoxOne of Ulmeyda's cult members. He's chosen by Ulmeyda to test a new car and see if he can survive driving himself to death. He finishes driving after the killer7 kill Ulmeyda, realizing it by tasting his blood. Ulmeyda appears to him and gives him the Intercity. The car is later given to Christopher Mills, and it is later used by Garcian/Emir to get to Battleship Island.
"Rest assured, Master Ulmeyda, I WILL watch over this town."
- "If you're looking to play doubles, go find someone else."
- "Then you'll become a resident of the city of Smiles, where eternal darkness rules over all."
- "Wherever the light may lead, a beast awaits."
- "I hope you had a pleasant stay!"
Dimitri NightmareThe man sitting next to Young Harman. He met Harman before he became an assassin and was the first one to be assimilated by him. He was later seperated from Harman, reverting Harman back to his human self. He is a mysterious figure who works behind the scenes, and not even Hand in killer7 gives much information about him, which is actually Lampshaded at the end.
- Bigger Bad: Maybe. It's one of the many, many theories about him. He may even be more powerful than Harman and Kun Lan.
- The Voiceless
- Walking Spoiler
Hand in killer7 Exclusive Characters
- "Heaven Smiles . . . they're horrible. Anonymous, infinite in number, andalways showing up . . . everyone's scared of them. But what if you see a familiar faceamong them? A roommate, an old lover, someone you work with, ready to suicide-bomb along with the rest . . . wouldn't that be more truly horrific?"
- Adult Fear: Having to Mercy Kill his wife and child.
- Arch-Enemy: While he hates all Smiles, he specifically wants to bring the Last Shot Smile into existence and either kill it or have the killer7 do it to wipe the Smiles out.
- Big Good: He was responsible for choosing the missions. He brought the Last Shot Smile into existence for Emir to kill. He was responsible for stopping the Heaven Smile threat.
- The Chessmaster: He learns what should happen, he causes them to happen.
- Cool Old Guy: He outright states he's old.
- Dirty Old Man: He...likes Handsome Pink. And fantasizes. And traces her inner thigh.
- Mercy Kill: His wife and daughter, rather tragically.
- What Could Have Been: There are rumors that he was originally going to be the main character.
- Unwitting Pawn: He calls himself this in the grand scheme of things, protecting the King Piece, the killer7. Doesn't mean his actions still weren't responsible for most of the game.
Jack FoleyA writer for the magazine "Spreading the Truth." three articles are included: One where he interviews a man who worked for Kun Lan, one about the seldom-talked about Ishizaka Corporation, and one about Ulmeyda's First Life, Inc. He dies in a car crash after the last one.
Mr. AAn unnamed scientist interviewed by Foley and given this alias. He reveals he and two other men worked with Kun Lan and was responsible for the more complex Smile types. The three were turned into Potential Heaven Smiles, meaning that they are slowly becoming Smiles. The process is complete by the end of the interview, and he becomes a Smile.
- The Evil Genius: One of three for Kun Lan.