A 1991 Canadian animated series based on the works of Robert Munsch, by Cookie Jar Entertainment.
Tropes present in the series include:
- Adaptation Expansion: Episodes often expanded the stories they were based on.
- Brainy Pig: In "Pigs", the titular pigs can dance, sing, and read. In fact, the whole moral is that pigs are smarter than they seem.
- Creator Cameo: If not appearing As Himself, Munsch often made cameos as the voice of a character.
- Canada, Eh?: Several episodes, most notably "Blackberry Subway Jam", are clearly set in Toronto. Downplayed in the sense that it's not presented in an overly stereotypical fashion, as befitting a Canadian series.
- Evil Brit: The eponymous character of "The Boy in the Drawer" speaks with a British accent.
- Theme Tune Cameo: The background tune from the "I Want" Song of The Paper Bag Princess is heard in the background in "The Boy in the Drawer," when the protagonist is seen reading the book.