In each segment, George and Joey would practice their latest performance in a circus or vaudeville-type setup. As their name implies, one way or another something would happen to bungle it up.
All right, Joey, let's show the people our tropes.
- Alliterative Name: While individually not so, as a team name Bungle Brothers qualifies.
- And Call Him "George"!: Joey's temperament is clearly patterned after Lenny Small of Of Mice and Men; as such, George is his George.
- Crossover: While they were originally a solo effort at the beginning, over the course of the season, characters from Kwicky Koala, Dirty Dawg and Crazy Claws sometimes showed up in the segments.
- The Ditz: Joey is far from the smartest dog in the world.
- Epic Fail: Joey is prone to these kind of endings to whatever the stunt was supposed to be.
- Funny Animal: Both George and Joey.
- Punny Name: Given that they are the Bungle Brothers, this is obvious.
- Shorter Means Smarter: George, vis-à-vis Joey.
- Three Shorts: Three Bungle Brothers cartoons were in each half hour, one before each of the three other cartoons.