Dirty Dawg was yet another Funny Animal cartoon created by Hanna-Barbera. This one was a supporting segment on The Kwicky Koala Show. In this a vagrant dog, Dirty Dawg and his small rat friend live the life on the streets often scamming to get a free meal. They are opposed by Officer Bullhorn who tries to bust them.
This series provides examples of:
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Ratso only wears a hat, neck bandana and gloves.
- Ageless Birthday Episode: Ratso in "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Zoo".
- Alliterative Name: Dirty Dawg
- Big Eater: Both characters have the tendency to be this when they get food, but in their defense they are vagrants so food is not often easy to come by.
- Friendly Enemy: Bullhorn sometimes ends up not being that bad to Dirty and Ratso.
- Funny Animal: Both the leads
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Dirty and Ratso are always together and up to trouble.
- Hoboes: Dirty Dawg and Ratso, who frequently seek to improve their fortunes while trying to avoid getting in trouble with Officer Bullhorn.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Dirty's vocal pattern resembles Howard Cosell.
- Produce Pelting: Invoked in one episode where Dirty gets Ratso to perform in a talent show. Ratso bombs on stage, leading to the audience throwing vegetables at him, which Dirty promptly collects to eat later.
- Three Shorts: The traditional last of the three on The Kwicky Koala Show
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: The way Dirty spells "dog" as "dawg"