People of TV Tropes, I am Cobra Commander, president of Cobra Island and leader of the mighty criminal empire known as COBRA. For years, I have pursued world domination, but despite my military prowess and limitless resources, I have time and again met defeat at the hands of the GI Joes thanks to the MORONS who dare to call themselves my subordinates.
YES, THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO, MINDBENDER! Unless youd like to try making a better Commander again, you can quit trying blame ME for YOUR MISTAKES!
My glorious career began as a car salesman who lost everything and went insane, or maybe as the Baronesss younger brother—THAT HAPPENED, BARONESS. YOU CAN STOP LOOKING SO DEPRESSED—or perhaps as a nobleman from an ancient race of snake people sent to take over the world after a lab accident disfigured me
Through years of hard work, I founded COBRA and began my efforts to bring the world to its knees.
- Big Bad: Im the leader of a global terrorist organization. The only way I could possibly get bigger and badder is if these MORONS learned how to follow orders for once in their pathetic lives.
- The Blank: When Im wearing the metal faceplate. WHY I wear the faceplate seems to shift with the breeze, but I think we can all agree its better that way.
- Body Horror: Lizard man with multiple eyes thanks to a lab accident. I suppose it never occurred to you people that the mask was for your benefit.
- Captain Ersatz: WHAT!!! I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH BARON ZEMO! ''HE'' STOLE THE HOOD FROM ''ME''!!!
- Catchphrase: HAIL COBRA!!!
- Cobra retreat! doesnt count!
- Demoted to Dragon: Someone as great as me, having to serve under Serpentor... NO, I'M NOT LETTING IT GO, MINDBENDER! I GOT TURNED INTO A SNAKE!! ...Yes, yes, I KNOW I got my revenge, but THAT took some time.
- Depending on the Artist: I stick mainly to some variation on either the hood or the reflective mask. I like to have fun with the design of the mask.
- Dirty Coward: I AM NOT A COWAAAAARD!!!
- Multiple-Choice Past: A disgraced scientist from a secret society, a disgraced car salesman, or a jarhead at the wrong place at the wrong time. If that purple coated jester can do it, why can't I?
- Smug Snake: It is not a sin to be smug, for I am the leader of Cobra after all!
- The Starscream: When Serpentor took over, I tried sabotage him to regain my former position. I am aware of certain connections.
- Was Once a Man: I can't believe they made a trope out of this. The Baroness eventually tried to restore me to normal, but I STILL ended up as MORE of a lizard man than I already was! I HAD THE URGE TO EAT FLIES! ...Not that I DIDN'T consider myself to have FINALLY returned, and at least I only had TWO eyes again. Finding one of my battle suits also helped.