Adeptus Ridiculous is a podcast starring the YouTubers Bricky and DKDiamantes (with the occasional guest), in which they discuss the Warhammer 40,000 lore. The editing is done by Quite Shallow (aka Shy). It started in late 2020 and is still ongoing.
Their official website can be found HERE and their YouTube channel can be found HERE. A YouTube playlist with all episodes can be found HERE. They are also present on iHeart, Apple Podcasts, Tunein, Scribd, Castbox, and Stitcher.
Adeptus Ridiculous provides examples of:
- Big Word Shout: DK yelling JESUS! almost every episode.
- Black Comedy: Seeing as this is a lighthearted podcast about Warhammer 40,000 of all things, this is to be expected. But special mention goes to how Bricky chose to start off the "Konrad Curze & the Night Lords" episode:Bricky: "Alright, so remember 9/11? Pretty bad, right? I'd say it was pretty bad. So Konrad Curze looked at that, Konrad Curze was like, "I could do better". And that is the story of the Night Lords."
- Censored for Comedy: In the Officio Assasinorum episode, Shy decides to censor the word "animation".note
- Enraged by Idiocy: Stretching the defenition of 'idiocy'. In a Q&A segment in the Khorne episode, someone sends in a question asking Bricky if he would sell his soul to Slaanesh for access to St. Celestine's OnlyFans. It doesn't help that the caller called himself a "Simp-ster of Battle". To be blunt, Bricky (along with DK and Shy) was very dissapointed in this question.
- Funny Background Event: Shy, the person in charge of providing images for viewers, frequently slides in funny pictures, memes, or just sarcastic text while the other two are talking about something serious.
- Instant Web Hit: Downplayed and Implied: after uploading a video on Perturabo, people kept sending Bricky messages about how the subreddit /r/Grimdank (the Warhammer 40k meme subreddit) was filled with memes about Perturabo. He brought up this fact in the later Iron Warriors episode.DK: "Oh shit, we're celebrities?"Bricky: "Woah, wait, calm down there sir."
- Occidental Otaku: DKDiamantes, who frequently references various anime shows. Bricky doesnt hold too high an opinion of anime, and this often shows when DK reminds him that hes a weeb.
- Running Gag:
- Doge Vandire.
- Bricky tries to explain something to DK with a video game/TV show/movie reference. DK hasnt played/seen said game/show/movie. Bricky gives up on the analogy. This has happened several times.
- DK yelling "JESUS!!!!"
- Shy showing a picture of Cleveland whenever the other two are describing a particularly horrifying part of the galaxy.
- Rogal Dorn being illiterate.
- "LOL", said (character), "LMAO".
- Bricky not liking the various memes DK references. Especially "poggers". Or anything related to anime.
- Dean Kamen (the inventor of the segway) being mentioned when Bricky needs to segway into another topic.
- DK hates the Ultramarines.
- Eldar knife-assing.
- Italian Word Bearers
- Shout-Out: The show has referenced and even read several other Warhammer 40k fan works, including:
- Student and Master Team: Bricky being an older Warhammer 40k player, DK being a newbie learning from him.
- Worst. Whatever. Ever!: When the episode on the Schola Progenium began, DK decided to advertise the posters of busty Eldar and T'au waifus on Patreon. Bricky was not pleased.Bricky: "That was the worst fucking intro I ever heard"
- This is followed by the two bickering like an old married couple.