After the reveal of Gwen and Duncan's kiss, tensions run high within Team Amazon. The next challenge takes place in the alien-infested Area 51, guarded by an elite security system. Against all odds, every contestant makes it out alive, some more injured than others.
- 0% Approval Rating: Gwen and Duncan are the most hated members of their teams as a result of Tyler exposing the relationship.
- Actually Pretty Funny: Despite not totally trusting Alejandro, Duncan thinks it's incredibly funny when Alejandro hypnotized Owen to give himself a wedgie and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" while doing the Running Man. Who wouldn't?
- Call-Back: The inflatable dummy Chef put in his place in the cockpit, first seen in "Anything Yukon Do, I Can Do Better", returns here when the flying saucers come into view.
- The Cameo: Ezekiel is also briefly seen in the cockpit of the plane at the beginning.
- Eye Scream: Courtney hit Duncan hard with the bowl to leave a nasty eye bruise.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: One of Area 51's main defences are these. They give the contestants X-Ray Sparks.
- Groin Attack: In the flashback, Courtney breaks up with Duncan with a kick to the groin.
- Hypocrite: Courtney is still rightfully upset with Duncan for cheating on her. But how does she try to stick it to him? She flirts with Lindsay's boyfriend to make Duncan jealous. Luckily Tyler doesn't bite.
- Ignore The Fanservice: Tyler expresses momentary awe that Courtney is hitting on him, but promptly declares, "I couldn't do that to my Lindsay!" D'awwww.
- Ironic Nursery Rhyme: Sierra sings one to show her frustration and hatred towards Gwen to the tune of "Rock-a-Bye Baby".
- It Runs in the Family: When Alejandro explains how he learned hypnosis from his uncle Julio, he says that manipulation runs in his family.
- Madness Mantra: Courtney has one after she failed to get rid of Gwen in this episode's challenge.Courtney: GOTHY'S GOING DOWN!!! GOTHY'S GOING DOWN!!! GOTHY'S GOING DOWN!!!
- No One Gets Left Behind: Tyler tries to rescue Owen, justifying it with this philosophy.
- Revenge Before Reason: Courtney becomes obsessed with getting revenge on Gwen and Duncan to the point of being happy to risk losing just to get Gwen eliminated.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Courtney screams "I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!" and it becomes obvious that she will stop at nothing until she gets it.
- Shout-Out: The makeup that Owen gets forced on him by the Area 51 machinery makes him look like the Joker from Batman, particularly the Dark Knight.
- Tempting Fate: The good kind. When Alejandro says that an alien artefact isn't going to fall out of the sky, one promptly falls on Tyler's head and bounces into Al's arms.
- There Was a Door: Duncan and Alejandro try to tell Tyler that there was a door-like opening in the electric fence, only for Tyler to painfully climb the fence anyway.