Please add entries in the following format:
- The meme. [[labelnote:Explanation]]The explanation behind the meme.[[/labelnote]] Explanation
WARNING: This page contains unmarked spoilers.
- "Super High-School Level ____" (often abbreviated "SHSL"), "Super Duper High-School ____", or "Ultimate ____" Explanation
- "YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!" Explanation
- "YOU MUST NOT LOSE HOPE!" Explanation
- "I KINDA DOUBT THAT!" Explanation
- "JUNKOS" Explanation
- In the original form◊:Yasuhiro: Now, I'm not saying it was Junko, but it was Junko.
- Discredited Meme: However, people eventually grew tired of it, since it was used increasingly near the end of the LP, whether seriously or jokingly as it became increasingly likely, and had gotten stale. The LP thread of the sequel banned anyone referencing it. Today, the meme has been used less often, to the point where some of the newer fans of the series never actually heard of the meme before.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The funniest part of the whole thing? Junko did switch places with another student — her twin sister. The JUNKOS theory was right.
- It gets better: even though the LP of Super Danganronpa 2 banned any references to the meme, the game ends up referencing it instead, since the Big Bad of the game is an AI based on Junko whose goal is to upload herself into the bodies of all the deceased students after the survivors "graduate" and ultimately take over the world by turning everyone into JUNKOS. Yes, even after Junko died (for real this time), they still managed to be behind everything, and making others act as her doppelgangers is still the punch line of this joke. Bonus points since the name of her backup twin means "Corpse", and now she's using literal corpses to preform essentially the same purpose.
- When Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls and Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony were announced, there was a lot of joke speculation about Junko somehow managing to be the secret mastermind yet again, usually as a ghost/cyborg/cardboard cutout/what have you. (Nope, she's fully dead, although both villains are essentially trying to recreate her.)
- In the original form◊:
- "Dangly Rope," "Dongo Bongo," "Diamond Rumpus," "Dangit Grandpa," "Danger Roomba," "Deadly Rump Roast," "Dangling Grandpas," "Doodoo Ricecake," "Donkey Ron Paul"... Explanation
Monokuma: However, even though it was called Company S, it wasn't actually the four-sided one... It was a company that's famous for lots of reasons called Spice Chunsoft! Ah, oops...Spice Chunsoft? Space Chincraft? Oh well.(...)
- May be an Ascended Meme. In Chapter 4 of Super Danganronpa 2, Monokuma's "Cute Meaty Diary" in the Monokuma Archive has a totally true story of how he got in Danganronpa, where he mistakes "Game Company S" for that four-sided company that gets bashed online a lot. It contains these golden lines:
- Making jokes about Byakuya and his ridiculous amounts of money. He is often depicted in fanon as having a Money Fetish, so often that it makes the fandom seem to forget that Byakuya isn't actually like that in canon.
- Speaking of Byakuya, some people joke that tampering with crime scenes is a favorite hobby of his, given the events of Chapter 2.
- "Tell them, Naegi." Explanation
- "Togami, you've lost weight." Explanation (spoilers)
- Who's Togami? That's Nigel. Explanation
- Four-eyed lemon Explanation
- "My name is Byakuya Togami." Explanation
- Threegami Explanation (spoilers)
- The ahoge squad. Explanation
- The dead girlfriend squad. Explanation
- FUCK DA POLICE. Explanation
- Dangan Ronpa Crack Confessions. Explanation
- "Upupupu..." Explanation
- "Puhuhu..." Explanation
- You Danganronpa'd in the wrong neighborhood. Explanation
- The dick only makes it better! Explaination
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Memes:
- "[The heroine]'s you, Naegi-kun". Explanation
- Shortly after the big reveal, we get a memetic gif◊ where the Big Bad's head is sent spinning. People then added sounds and musical accompaniment.
- In one scene where Makoto looks horrifically at a TV screen showing the outside world◊, people pasted several different pictures on the TV screen, such as something else that is horrifying or a Take That!. Something Awful's paywall screen is a popular choice.
- "THIS GIRL IS ON FIREEEEE!!!" Explanation (spoilers)
- Also: I'd hit that with a truck.
- Due to Makoto's status as Ultimate Hope, he is often depicted cosplaying as Madoka; sometimes, Kyoko is drawn alongside him as Homura. Sayaka Maizono sometimes joins them, as she has a matching first name and color scheme.
- "Owada pumped up and ready to party." Explanation
- 11037 Explanation (spoilers)
- Leon Kuwata is a weenie.
- A weenie who hates besbaw.
- Batter up, Leon. Explanation (spoilers)
- AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO Explanation (spoilers)
- Kiyotaka is a crybaby. Explanation (spoilers)
- Sakura Oogami is a pretty princess. Explanation
- I can't believe it's not butter. Explanation (spoilers)
- The culprit is Hagakure! Explanation (spoilers)
- Yasuhiro's hamburger. Explanation
- Anime Peter Griffin. Explanation
- DONUTS Explanation
- Kyouko Kirigiri loves touching corpses. Explanation
- Bacon Hands Explanation
- Ramenhead Kyoko, the Ramen Fairy, or Makoto's ramen fetish. Explanation
- "X IS NOT WELCOME IN A SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT!!" Explanation
- "Corn Hair." Explanation
- Eyebrows. Explanation
- "Is Mukuro Ikusaba the 16th student, lying hidden somewhere in the school, the one they call the Ultimate Despair? I don't think the game specified enough that I should watch out for her." Explanation
- Yasuhiro Hagakure is the SHSL Protagonist. Explanation
Danganronpa 2 Memes:
- Nagito Komaeda. Explanation
- What The Hell, Komaeda. Explanation
- YOU MUST NOT LOSE HOPE, HINATA-KUN. Explanation
- Here we are at Seaworld, Hinata-kun! Explanation
- Did somebody say HOPE?!/Haha Time for HOPE/You wanna hope with me? Explanation
- I really want Ko. Explanation
- I want Ko to run. Explanation
- Nagito loves bagels. Explanation
- Do you like boats? Explanation (spoilers)
- Hinata-kun is cheating on me... Explanation (spoilers)
- Feed me, Hinata-kun! Explanation
- Ultimate Bullshit Explanation
- I want Hinata-kun's hope/I need more of Hinata-kun's hope/Show me your HOPE, Hinata-kun! Explanation
- Ultimate Asshole Explanation
- Fingers in his ass Explanation
- AVRIL LAVIGNE. Explanation (spoilers)
- Ibuki knows that you're reading this! Don't say anything bad about Ibuki! Explanation
- Ibuki's song from Chapter 3. Treads into Accidental Nightmare Fuel territory, and also gives an insight on why she broke up with her band over creative disputes, as stated in her Free-Time events.
- Spoiler-kun is banned. Explanation (spoilers)
- Hajime Hinata loves orange juice. Explanation
- Titty Typhoon Explanation
- Hajime Mulaney. Explanation
- Whoa! Explanation
- Meat On The Bone. Explanation (spoilers)
- Mikan: Ultimate Fan Service Explanation
- Jokes have made by the fandom about Fuyuhiko starring in The Boss Baby with the most common one being "I can't believe Fuyuhiko is getting his own movie."Became an Ascended Meme in the bonus mode of Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony!
Ultra Despair Girls Memes:
- 'X has a sibling" has become popular due to a large amount of the new characters being relatives of characters from the first game (many of whom were never explicitly mentioned before).
- Making jokes about the game being in the Yuri Genre, often supplied with a screencap of Ibuki talking about girls love.
- Calling Monaca trash and/or expressing a desire to throw her down a flight of stairs. Fans later settled on referring to her as Satan.
- Izuru punching through Shirokuma and Kurokuma in the epilogue. Fans proceeded to run with his now canon Super Strength, labeling him a Memetic Badass.
- Nagisa Shingetsu did nothing wrong. Explanation
- Ball Monokuma
Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School Memes:Here
Danganronpa V3 Memes:Here
- As soon as Super Danganronpa 2.5: Nagito Komaeda and the Destroyer of the World was released, this image◊ became quite memetic.