The Cam Whore is a person — often young and nubile — who teases willing visitors on their webcam in exchange for money or goods, typically via online wish lists. Exactly how much a Cam Whore shows off depends on their propriety and "character," but most seem to make a healthy second income from just showing off their underwear or cleavage. Charging actual money or going into explicit sex acts takes one out of Cam Whore territory and into the actual porn bracket, though the advent of OnlyFans and similar sites has blurred the lines.
Incredibly, there is now an entirely virtual version of the Cam Whore thanks to the invention of Second Life, where people will turn their avatars into virtual strippers or lap dances in exchange for Virtual money (Lindens). This can then be exchanged for real currency.
This trope can overlap with Single Mom Stripper if she's doing it to support a child. Not to be confused with the derogatory term for people who like to take photos of themselves and upload them on the internet way too often, or with people who insist on being front-and-center in any picture or video taken in their vicinity.
- Present in Unbuilt Trope form in 1969 movie Model Shop. The "model shop" is a seedy little photography studio where good-looking women pose naked on behalf of horny men who bring their own cameras.
- Girl House is about a website that streams the uncensored lives of the girls living inside its walls in a sort of x-rated reality show, 24/7. It is up to girls how much or how little they show.
- Max Thieriot plays camboy Kyle in Disconnect.
- Brooke in Vlog. She makes all of her vlog posts in her lingerie in order to attract subscribers, and even refers to herself as a 'cam girl' at one point.
- Bosch: In episode "El Compadre" it's revealed that teenage delinquent Sharkey's mom is a cam girl. His inability to deal with her lifestyle is apparently one of the reasons he's a chronic runaway.
- Kate on United States of Tara briefly becomes this during Season 2.
- Niki on Heroes was introduced this way, with Ando being one of her more well-known watchers.
- Louis Theroux visited a camgirl as part of his documentary Twilight of the Porn Stars. The girl in question (Kagney Linn Karter) was also a porn starlet who appeared in conventionally distributed adult films, which is a pretty common form of crossover in the industry.
- A Season 43 sketch on Saturday Night Live featured a police surveillance outfit that kept losing the surveillance feed and blundering into the live feed of a couple of low-rent cam whores.
- An episode of Happy Endings has Alex take in a roommate who unbeknownst to her is camming from the apartment (including Alex). Jane discovers the feed and Alex kicks the roommate out. After Alex gets her cut of the week's earnings, though...
- On Riverdale, Chic does this for a living and Betty tries it once.
- Invoked in "Synthesizer" by Outkast featuring George Clinton. The song is about the internet and technology taking over modern culture, and Clinton spends much of the song whispering in the background about "Cybersexy Wendy, web-walking in the nude." Interestingly, the song came out in 1996 when this trope was in its infancy.
- This is one of the character classes you can choose to play in Forum Warz.
- Midori (a.k.a. Dolly) from Devil Survivor.
- In World of Warcraft, some players would strip their female Night Elf characters out of their armor and have them sexy dance on top of the Ironforge mailbox for tips.
- The entire point of Huniecam Studio is to make a camgirl empire.
- In Hero & Daughter, one of the recruitable party members, Selphie, is a livestreaming Valley Girl in an otherwise "vaguely-fantasy-medieval" RPG-Mechanics Verse. When a viewer asks her to show less cleavage, she's outraged, since that would mean fewer viewers.
- Jenny, in Summertime Saga, makes her living this way, providing sexual content for money. She eventually ropes the MC (i.e. the similarly brown-haired male character who lives in the same house as her and definitely isn't her brother) into it as well.
- One of the four main characters in Telling Lies is a camgirl.
- BoxxyQuest: The Shifted Spires: The name of what's effectively harpies, is Camwhore. The ones that are fought can't be talked to, but there's one living in Skype that's friendly.
- Yakuza 6 has the Live Chat minigame, where Kiryu can watch videos of real life Japanese AV stars flirting (and stripping down to bikinis) for the viewers.
- Ingrid the Plague Doctor occasionally flash-forwards from the rustic-ish setting to show that the titular doctor's sentient leeches will eventually produce "E-Leech", a Gamer Chick with a large internet following (though she would prefer they take care of themselves before donating to her).
- This is how Roz made a living in Shortpacked!. The reason she ended up moving in with Robin was that one of her viewers found her address.