Garfield is a muti-media franchise created by the American cartoonist Jim Davis starring a lazy orange tabby named Garfield, his oddball owner Jon, Jon's dopey dog Odie, and their various peers.
Since its conception, Garfield has become one of the most well-known and profitable comics out there.
- Garfield (2004): A Live-Action Adaptation starring a computer-generated Garfield voiced by Bill Murray and remaining animals in live action. Breckin Meyer played Jon and Jennifer Love Hewitt played Liz.
- Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006): A sequel where Garfield goes abroad and gets mixed up with an Identical Stranger.
- Jon: (1976-1978): The prototypical version of the strip.
- Garfield (1978-): The original comic strip.
- Garfield: Caught in the Act (1995): A platform video game released by Sega.
- Garfield: Saving Arlene (2005): A 3D platformer. It has a sequel called Garfield: Lasagna World Tour.
- Garfield Specials (1982-1991): A series of twelve animated specials.
- Garfield and Friends (1988-1994): An Animated Adaptation that consists of Three Shorts, two of Garfield and one of U.S. Acres (Orson's Farm outside the U.S., based on another Jim Davis strip about farm animals)
- The Garfield Show (2009-2016): An All-CGI Cartoon.
- Nickelodeon announced they will broadcast a third Garfield cartoon.