- "Gonna tell you a story and it's vaguely true,about butt-kicking dinos who know kung fu"
Kung Fu Dino Posse was a short-lived and mostly unknown Animal Superheroes cartoon from the early 2010s produced by Sunwoo Entertainment with origins from all over the map like Germany, Singapore, South Korea and Canada.
In the city of Megalopolis, six dinosaurs are thawed out in the basement of the museum when young aspiring paleontologist and technological genius Edgar Chudley accidentally causes a city wide blackout. One year later, Edgar discovers that four of the dinos, Kane (a T-rex) Jet (a pteranodon) Chow (a stegosaurus) and Lucy (a triceratops) have been living in the museum basement and have taught themselves kung fu. They befriend Edgar and the group now work together to foil the plans of the other two dinos, raptor brothers evil Skor and dimwitted Skrap, who hunt for crystals that contain mutant DNA with which Skor can create monstrous dinosaurs to conquer the world. Compare/contrast with other dinosaur shows like Dinosaucers, Extreme Dinosaurs, Dino Squad and Jurassic Strike Force 5.
Kung Fu Dino Posse contains examples of:
- All Your Powers Combined: The Posse have the ability to fuse together into the Combosaur, a gigantic dinosaur with all of their attributes.
- Better Than a Bare Bulb: This show lampshades everything.
- Big Eater: Chow
- Cool Car: The Posse and Skor each had their own personalized vehicles.
- Demoted to Extra: The first few episodes made it seem like Polly would be a regular ally like Edgar but as the show went on, her appearances became more and more sporadic.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Evil Is Petty: When no one came to his birthday party, Skor swore to conquer the world so he could force everyone to come to his parties.
- Five-Man Band: Kane (The Leader), Jet (The Lancer), Chow (The Big Guy), Lucy (The Chick) and Edgar (The Smart Guy).
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Jet
- Monster of the Week: Skor's M.O. He'll zap a crystal with a special ray gun, the crystal apes the attributes of whatever's nearby and transforms into a giant mutant dinosaur with powers based on that object.
- My Little Phony: Chow was a fan of the show My Lost Pony.
- Near Villain Victory: In the episode Mindless Fun, Skor summoned a mutant that put Kane, Lucy and Chow under mind control by shooting brain worms at them, allowing him to take control of the museum and obtain the fossilized mutants. He would've succeeded completely if Jet hadn't avoided being hit by the worms.
- No Hugging, No Kissing: Despite being the only female dino left in existence, none of the male dinos showed an interest in Lucy nor did she show any interest in them.
- Reed Richards Is Useless: One has to wonder why Edgar wants to be a paleontologist, given that he's capable of creating technological wonders like the Posse's tools, weapons and even their vehicles.
- The Smurfette Principle: Lucy is the only female dino left.
- Two Decades Behind: The entire show would've fit in well in the nineties, being Teenage Mutant Samurai Wombats with a dash of Totally Radical.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: The people of Megalopolis don't bat an eye at the sight of talking anthropomorphic dinosaurs walking around town.
- Weapon of Choice: Kane had Steggers (miniature throwing axe blades), Jet had the Lava Laser (a heat blaster), Chow had the Brea Bomber (a bazooka that fired blobs of tar) and Lucy had the Freeze Blaster (Exactly What It Says on the Tin). Their vehicles had their respective weapons as well.