The series follows the adventures of one Timmy Turner, a ten year old boy. Despite being an average kid that no one understands, he has with a miserable life dealing with bullies, cruel teachers, apathic parents, and a cruel babysitter named Vicky. One day, while suffering under his cruel babysitter, he's granted two fairy godparents who happen to be married to each other, the lovable idiot but well-meaning Cosmo and the more cautious and responsible Wanda, and allow him access to their magic so he can live a happier life. What follows afterwards is many misadventures caused, more often than not, by Timmy's wishes spiraling out of control.
The series began life in 1998 as a 7-minute pilot on Oh Yeah! Cartoons, Nickelodeon's anthology cartoon show. After positive reception to the pilot, the series gained 9 more shorts on the program (becoming a miniseries within the showcase alongside ChalkZone and Mina and The Count), until eventually Nickelodeon greenlit it as its own series in 1999, which premiered in 2001. It soon become one of the network's most popular shows, often times even rivaling fellow Nick series, SpongeBob SquarePants. The series ran for a whopping ten seasons over seventeen years (or nineteen if you count the shorts) before finally, if rather unceremoniously, ending in 2017 when Butch Hartman left the studio.
- The Fairly OddParents! (2001-2017): The main TV series focusing on Timmy.
- The Fairly Odd Parents A New Wish (2024?), A Sequel Series to the original show focused on Hazel Wells inheriting Cosmo and Wanda.
Made for TV Movies
- Abra-Catastrophe! (2003): the first made for TV movie. A magical muffin that gives rule free wishes is given to Timmy for his Fairyversary. But it doesn't take long for it to fall into the wrong hands.
- Channel Chasers (2004): the second made for TV movie. Fed up with his parents never believing him about Vicky, Timmy runs away into the TV world.
- School's Out! The Musical (2005): the third made for TV movie. A musical where Timmy decides he's tired of adults telling him what to do and wishes kids being in charge of the world. But this plays into the nefarious plot of the Pixies.
- Fairy Idol (2006): the fourth made for TV Movie. Norm the Genie, a previous antagonist in the show, finds out of a way to become a fairy if one gives up their post. Thus he tricks Cosmo and Wanda into quitting being Timmy's fairies and prompting a musical talent contest. Timmy finds out and tries to stop him.
- Fairly OddBaby (2008): Fifth movie in which Cosmo and Wanda give birth to their son, Poof.
- Wishology (2009): three movies with one hour of length each being the sixth, seventh and eighth respectively. A trilogy of films where Timmy finds out he's the "Chosen One" and must stop a threat known simply as the Darkness.
- Timmy's Secret Wish! (2011): Ninth and final movie. Timmy has reached his millionth wish but it's soon revealed he made a secret one to stop people from aging. Naturally this gets him into trouble with not only the fairy council, but Father Time himself.
- The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour (2004-2006): a trilogy of hour-long specials, crossover with The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius
- A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner! (2011): The first live action film. An Alternate Continuity where Timmy is now a man in his 20s but continues to act like a kid to keep Cosmo, Wanda and Poof. But when a now grown up, more mature and lovely looking Tootie returns to the neighborhood and Timmy starts falling for her. That begins to muddle things. Not helped that Crocker is still after his fairies and a corporate businessman likewise takes an interest in the fairies.
- A Fairly Odd Christmas (2012): The second live action film. Timmy tries to use his wishes to spread Christmas joy but this gains the ire of Santa since it interferes with his job. When trying to fix the problem, Timmy accidentally gives Santa amnesia and winds up on the Naughty List. Thus now has to change this to save Christmas.
- A Fairly Odd Summer (2014): The third and final live action film. Timmy heads to Hawaii to help his parents and Tootie with their jobs. But because Timmy had a job of looking after a powerful artifact that powers Fairyland and took it with him for safe keeping. This leads to Foop and Crocker targeting him to get their hands on it.
- The Fairly OddParents: Fairly Odder (2022): A Sequel Series to the original show focused on Timmy's cousin, Vivian "Viv" Turner and her new stepbrother, Roy Raskin, moving to Dimmsdale and inheriting Timmy's fairies. The show is exclusive to Paramount+.
- Enter the Cleft (2002): A game for the Game Boy Advance. The Crimson Chin is captured and Timmy jumps into the comic as Cleft to rescue him along with Cosmo and Wanda.
- The Fairly OddParents: Breakin' da Rules (2003): A game for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube, Game Boy Advance and Xbox. The "Da Rules" book get destroyed thanks to Timmy and he has to fix it.
- The Fairly OddParents: Shadow Showdown (2004): A video game for Windows, PlayStation 2, GameCube, and Game Boy Advance. A powerful jewel of Fairy World that enables fairies to grant wishes is stolen and Timmy, Cosmo, and Wanda set out to find the culprit.
- Fairly OddParents: Clash with the Anti-World (2005): A video game for Game Boy Advance. The Anti-Fairies once more escape into the real world, forcing Timmy, Cosmo and Wanda to stop them.
- Nicktoons Basketball (2004): A game for Windows similar in gameplay to Backyard Basketball in which some of the Nicktoons play basketball. Timmy, Wanda, Cosmo and AJ (for some reason) are playable characters.
- Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy (2004): A game for the Game Boy Advance which has the Nicktoons taking pictures in the hopes of clearing up how they transported to various worlds. Timmy is one of the playable characters and features characters from The Fairly OddParents.
- Nicktoons Movin (2004): A game for the PlayStation 2 for the EyeToy peripheral which allows players to use their bodies to interact with what's on screen. The Fairly OddParents was one of the series used for its mini-games.
- Nicktoons Unite! (2005): A platform multiplayer crossover for GameCube, PlayStation 2, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS. There were three in the series. The first involved the main villains of Danny Phantom, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius and, of course, Fairly OddParents teaming up to take over the multi-verse. Thus, Timmy, SpongeBob, Danny and Jimmy likewise band together to stop them.
- Battle for Volcano Island (2006): Second game for the same consoles mentioned above. The plot this time has a native tribe from the titular island summon the heroes to their island in the hope of stopping an evil force from growing powerful to take over the worlds. Timmy is one such characters.
- Attack of the Toybots (2007): Third game in the series with the Wii replacing the GameCube as the Nintendo console. Professor Calamitous, Jimmy's arch-enemy, concocts yet another scheme, this time to use robots powered by Krabby Patties, Fairy, and Ghost Energy. He ends up abducting heroes from various Nicktoons universes but SpongeBob inadvertently stumbles onto the plan, frees them and they all set out to stop them. Despite there being one more in the series (Globs of Doom), this is the last game to feature characters from The Fairly OddParents.
- Nicktoons Winners Cup Racing (2006): Windows game that is essentially a kart racing game featuring the Nicktoons characters. Timmy and Crocker are playable.
- Nickelodeon Super Brawl series (2008-2020): Timmy was featured as a playable character in every game in the series, with Super Brawl 3 also featuring Crocker.
- Nicktoons Nitro (2009): Another kart racing game made for arcades. This one has a plot involving an alien named Lord Nitro who plucks Nicktoons characters from their worlds to race for his amusement. Forced to comply, they do so while Jimmy tries to find a way to get everyone home. Timmy naturally is playable.
- Nickelodeon Extreme Tennis (2022): A game on Apple Arcade in which some of the Nicktoons play tennis with each other. Timmy was added as a playable character in August of 2022.
- Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast (2003-2011): A former ride at Universal Studios Florida where Ooblar (from Jimmy's first movie) steals his rocket and Jimmy, along with Carl, Goddard, and the guests, chase after him in their own rockets through the Nicktoons Studios. Cosmo and Wanda make an appearance with the former even offering Carl the use of his wand.
- The Fairly Odd Parents Crimson Chin Webtoons: A webtoon series focusing on Timmy's adventures with the Crimson Chin against various supervillains.
- Several comics were published in the Nickelodeon Magazine between 2002 and 2009.