The Last Shark (Italian title: L'ultimo squalo) is an Italian horror film "influenced by" Jaws.
This film contains examples of:
- An Arm and a Leg:
- Jenny gets her leg bitten off by the shark, but survives.
- Wells gets both his legs bitten off and dies quikcly of the blood loss.
- Artistic License Biology: This movie did the roaring sharknote thing six years before Jaws: The Revenge...
- Ashes to Crashes: Ron's corpse is fed to the shark, because Peter knows the shark will be killed by what's inside of Ron.
- Dolled-Up Installment: The film was released in Spain, Brazil and Japan as a part of the Jaws series. Which is one of several reasons why Universal took the film's American distributors to court in a (successful) bid to have it pulled from cinemas.
- The Last Title: The title in both languages.
- Stock Footage: When not portrayed by an animatronic, the shark is represented by documentary footage.
- Threatening Shark: Both has one as an antagonistic force in-universe and was viciously attacked by them in Real Life.