Kronos, also known as Supersonic Man, is an alien hero (José Luis Ayestarán, credited as "Richard Yesteran") who is sent to Earth. His mission: to thwart a Mad Scientist's plans to Take Over the World, since his methods of doing so could destroy the galaxy. Said scientist, Dr. Gulik (Cameron Mitchell), has kidnapped Professor Morgan (José María Caffarel, credited as "John Caffarel"), the inventor of the world's most efficient fuel supply, and to ensure his participation in the plan, Gulik also sends thugs to kidnap Morgan's daughter, Patricia (Diana Polakov). However, the thugs run up against Supersonic Man, both in his superhero form and his civilian form as reporter Paul (Antonio Cantafora, credited as "Michael Coby"), for whom It's Personal as he has fallen for Patricia.
Useless trivia: This was the final film shown on Son of Svengoolie. That's right, it was shown during the episode where Svengoolie did his infamous song about being cancelled, to the tune of "Busted" by Ray Charles.
This film contains examples of:
- Above Good and Evil: Gulik believes that "morality is finished, it's over!"
- Ambition Is Evil: Gulik's willing to risk destroying the world in his scheme to rule it.
- Bad Boss: Gulik explicitly states that he doesn't care what happens to his men so long as the plan follows through.
- Big Bad: Dr. Gulik, the Mad Scientist Supersonic is sent to battle.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: Supersonic says "Forces of the galaxy, be with me!" to get the Big Good to empower him.
- Cacophony Cover Up: The baddies use a Bar Brawl to kidnap Patricia.
- Every Car Is a Pinto:
- Two goons swerve off a clif to avoid hitting a construction vehicle, and their car explodes in a fireball before hitting anything!
- Related: Supersonic Man spends an entire scene flying around a boat full of flunkies and getting shot at when the boat just suddenly explodes.
- Flight: Gasp in awe as Supersonic Man is projected against helicopter footage of that place that's New York in the air and Spain on the ground! Blink in confusion as he inexplicably transforms into a doll or a mannequin in distance shots!
- Hostage MacGuffin: Supersonic spends the film searching for Professor Morgan, who has been kidnapped by the villains because he's made the most efficient fuel in the world.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: At the end of the film, rather than be recalled into space by his masters, Paul tosses away the watch he uses to transform into Supersonic and settles down with Patricia.
- Leave No Witnesses: Gulik's men kill literally every other human they see when they go to capture Professor Morgan.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Possibly. Gulik manages to harm Supersonic Man with a device that apparently uses some kind of damaging sound? Or lasers? It's kind of ambiguous.
- The Mockbuster: Of Superman: The Movie. Hilariously, Both movies had the same British distributor, Columbia-EMI-Warner.
- Porn Stache: Supersonic has one in his civilian identity.
- Protagonist Title
- Sadist: Gulik's reaction to watching a massacre? "Bravo!"
- Soundtrack Dissonance: The goons tailing Patricia are already in The Alleged Car and Patricia is driving a Beetle, ripping off the drum solo from "Radar Love" was never going to raise the suspense level.
- Super Strength: Thrill as Supersonic Man changes a bulldozer into a less-detailed balsa-wood model of itself between cuts and lifts it over his head!