Kronos, also known as Supersonic Man, is an alien hero (José Luis Ayestarán, credited as "Richard Yesteran") who is sent to Earth. His mission: to thwart a Mad Scientist's plans to Take Over the World, since his methods of doing so could destroy the galaxy. Said scientist, Dr. Gulik (Cameron Mitchell), has kidnapped Professor Morgan (José María Caffarel, credited as "John Caffarel"), the inventor of the world's most efficient fuel supply, and to ensure his participation in the plan, Gulik also sends thugs to kidnap Morgan's daughter, Patricia (Diana Polakov). However, the thugs run up against Supersonic Man, both in his superhero form and his civilian form as reporter Paul (Antonio Cantafora, credited as "Michael Coby"), for whom It's Personal as he has fallen for Patricia.
This film contains examples of:
- Above Good and Evil: Gulik believes that "morality is finished, it's over!"
- Ambition Is Evil: Gulik's willing to risk destroying the world in his scheme to rule it.
- Bad Boss: Gulik explicitly states that he doesn't care what happens to his men so long as the plan follows through.
- Big Bad: Dr. Gulik, the Mad Scientist Supersonic is sent to battle.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: Supersonic says "Forces of the galaxy, be with me!" to get the Big Good to empower him.
- Cacophony Cover Up: The baddies use a Bar Brawl to kidnap Patricia.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: Two goons swerve off a cliff to avoid hitting a construction vehicle, and their car explodes in a fireball before hitting anything!
- Hostage MacGuffin: Supersonic spends the film searching for Professor Morgan, who has been kidnapped by the villains because he's made the most efficient fuel in the world.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: At the end of the film, Paul tosses away the watch he uses to transform into Supersonic and settles down with Patricia.
- Leave No Witnesses: Gulik's men kill literally every other human they see when they go to capture Professor Morgan.
- The Mockbuster: Of Superman: The Movie.
- Porn Stache: Supersonic has one in his civilian identity.
- Protagonist Title
- Sadist: Gulik's reaction to watching a massacre? "Bravo!"