Wolfman is a 1979 horror film.
A man comes home after his father dies. While there, he discovers that his family has a curse placed on them that causes the men to become werewolves. Soon, he goes after the man who cursed his family.
This film contains examples of:
- Arch-Enemy: Reverend Leonard is this to the Glasgow family, whom he curses with lycanthropy because an ancestor broke a deal with Beelzebub.
- Big Bad: Reverend Leonard, the Sinister Minister responsible for the curse.
- Bittersweet Ending: Leonard is defeated and the curse lifted, but at the cost of Colin's life.
- Deal with the Devil: The Glasgows are cursed because the eldest son broke one of these three generations ago.
- Disney Villain Death: Colin and Leonard fall out of a second-story window during their climactic battle.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Leonard serves and gains his power from Beelzebub.
- Hereditary Curse: The Glasgows have lycanthropy passed down from father to son.
- The Hero Dies: Colin goes out a window and has a silver dagger fall through his heart.
- One-Word Title
- Our Werewolves Are Different: These werewolves are your traditional Wolf Man archeype, except they're caused by a Satanic curse and an index finger longer than the others is a sign of lycanthropy.
- Sinister Minister: Reverend Leonard looks and acts in public like a traditional priest, but secretly worships the Devil.
- Villain Opening Scene: Leonard and his Co-Dragons murdering the previous Glasgow werewolf for being useless.