Big Finish is a British company that produces audio plays, mostly Sci-Fi and licensed from franchises originating in other media. Not to be confused with Grand Finale. Named after Steven Moffat's Press Gang.
Their productions include audios for:
- Doctor Who (see Big Finish Doctor Who)
- The Adventures of Luther Arkwright
- The Avengers (Two series: The Lost Episodes, recreating the mostly-incomplete first season and The Comic Strip Aadaptations, set during the Steed and Mrs. Peel era.)
- Blake's 7 (see the audio plays)
- The Confessions of Dorian Gray
- Dan Dare
- Dark Shadows
- Judge Dredd and other 2000 AD strips
- The Omega Factor
- The Prisoner
- Sapphire and Steel
- Sherlock Holmes
- Star Cops
- The Stargate-verse
- The Tomorrow People
- Warhammer 40,000
- The Ciaphas Cain story "Dead in the Water"
They have also produced audio adaptations of various classic literature including The Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, Frankenstein, and The Invisible Man, and several wholly original productions including a science fiction serial, The Human Frontier, and a crime thriller, Transference.
- What Could Have Been:
- There was nearly a range based of the cult American sci-fi show Firefly, which never happened either due to money or rights.
- Had John Hurt not passed away, he was very much prepared to more stories with Big Finish beyond his signature role as the War Doctor. Playing the title character in The Invisible Man gave us taste of what it could've been.