Section about Mist, Brunhilde's archenemy.
Back to YuYuGiDigiMoon.
- Having been reincarnated in modern times, I go by Adora Frost. A total cutie with a penchant for English tea, hot guys, and blowing shit up. But underneath this Midgardian exterior, I am Mist the Blood Valkyrie!
Loki's enchantress, a dark Valkyrie, and Brunhilde's main enemy. Disguise herself as Adora Frost, she sets out to manipulate Takato to become Loki's host.
After succeeding her mission to retrieve bodies for Loki and his sons, Mist confronts Brunhilde for the first time in Ch. 6 of Valkyrie Advent. She proceeds to torment her constantly till their hate becomes mutual when Philippe sacrifices himself to save Brunhilde. Mist then leaves with the Lokar in order to retrieve Ymir's armor and recruiting evil Norse/Myth armies for the Second Ragnarok.
In her past life shown in Intermission: Brunhilde and Siegfried, she was originally Gudrun and had a brother named Gunnar. Both attempt to have Brunhilde (for Gunnar) and Siegfried (for Gudrun) and Andvaranaut for themselves, but failed. Coming across Loki, Gudrun accepted the trickster's offer to become the Valkyrie Mist.
After a series of events up to the climax of Second Ragnarok, Mist assassinates Loki to wear Ymir's armor in becoming the Lord of Realms and revealing herself as Grimhilde's daughter and successor. Brunhilde as the Silver Valkyrie challenge her to a one-on-one duel. After a fierce battle for the Nine Realms, Brunhilde defeats Mist and renders the wicked enchantress powerless.
Mist is on the run like a homeless figure till she is captured by Cross Generations' main antagonist and Quedesha/Black Odin Triad in forced to serve with them.
- Adaptational Heroism: Unlike the mainstream YYGDM-01 self, the Corner version (and even the GCLK-1113 version to some extent) of showing her as a different person (with a different origin story and appearance/attire) in being an anti-villain/hero, she is also an Erinye and leader of the group.
- This is proven that unlike most fanfic villains like Sailor Charon and Burizalor that have similar personalities in both Story and Corner, both Mists (YYGDM and Corner) are completely different characters.
- Adaptation Origin Connection: Her Corner self is Reginleif's cousin.
- Arch-Enemy: More in line to it in YYGDM-01 than a rival to Brunhilde, Rika, and Takato.
- Ax-Crazy: No wonder why she is called the Blood Valkyrie.
- Bad Boss: Big time compare to Loki for the YYGDM-01 self, Ch 7 of Valkyrie Advent demonstrates her punishing Gullinbursti for failing her.Never fail me again, you incompetent swine!
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Playing this trope, Mist despises bruises and injures that make her bleed in affecting her beauty. The Intermission: Brunhilde & Siegfried showed Brunhilde deflected Gudrun's magic blast that burns half of her face (though she heals herself afterwards) and is easily angered.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Of Valkyrie Advent in sharing the role with Loki. After Loki is defeated, she shares this with Grimhilde's spirit, though both are demoted for the true Big Bad as Mist/Neo Grimhilde.
- Cruel Mercy: She gains this trope after becoming powerless and defeated by Brunhilde.
- Dark Action Girl: She is this in battle.
- The Dragon: To Loki.
- Evil Counterpart: To Brunhilde.
- Evil Sorceress: She (and back when she's Gudrun) is this with using dark magic.
- Expy: Of Amora the Enchantress (but the YYGDM-01 version will have no morality from the Marvel character). Also of Queen Beryl. The surname is taken from Emma Frost.
- Due to Nui Harime's theme play in her scenes, Mist's mannerism is akin to her. Her Corner self is more akin to Satsuki to Brunhilde's Ryuko.
- With Kotori's former voice actor as Erika Fong, alongside the Beast Tamers are like the Power Rangers, Mist is their answer to Rita Repulsa (much like the Lokar's name is the same as a Power Rangers villain) such as the Power Rangers live-action movie, but again, Mist has no morality unlike Repulsa.
- To some extent, she is similar to J-Reaper (both her disguise and true self) as more personal to Takato's depression (just like D-Reaper took advantage of Jeri's sadness).
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: Has the appearance of an enchantress, but a cruel witch on the inside.
- Foreshadowing: There are hints of Mist (YYGDM-01)'s true self in Valkyrie Advent.
Hela: Father, if you know what's best...sever your ties with this creature...she will... (before quickly mouth gagged by the enchantress)
- In Ch. 7, Hela sees Mist as a more treacherous fiend and warns her father to not stay close to her.
- Faux Affably Evil: Acts like the loyal enchantress to the trickster god, but is shown to be that vicious and crazy.
- Greater-Scope Villain: She is this in Valkyrie Homecoming with mentions of her name. In Segment 12, upon the Cornerverse audience saw the scene of Mist (YYGDM-01) killed Loki (YYGDM-01), Mist (YYGDM-01)'s essence while wearing Ymir's armor affects the Cornerverse dimension by conjuring Zamasu-like clouds with YYGDM!Mist's faces. Plus, she appears in the post-credit scenes of forced to work with Quedesha/Black Odin Triad.
- Hate Sink: Mist (YYGDM-01) is one of the most hated character in Kanius' fanfics.
- Hope Crusher / Kick the Dog: Loves doing these, such as Ch. 6 of Valkyrie Advent of taunting Philippe's death.He's dead, huh? Oh well, no loss. It's a pity none of you were there with him at the end to take his soul to Valhalla, so who knows where he could be now? Maybe he's wandering the Underworld somewhere. Oh how I feel sorry for him if that's the case.
- Hot Witch: Her appearance is beautiful, but her enemies often call her a whore at the same time.
- I Have Many Names: She also goes by Adora Frost, Gudrun, and Grimhilde.
- It's All About Me: Much more so than Sailor Charon and all the rest of the villains, but really the biggest embodiment of Kanius' fanfics.
- Lady of Black Magic: Again, she wields dark magic.
- Magic Kiss: Does this often to Takato for him to join the Lokar's side. Also briefly does this to Himura/Fenmura in Ch. 6. As Gudrun, she kisses Siegfried in the Intermission to put him under her control.
- Manipulative Bitch: Very much so. Her tendency into controlling Takato into breaking up with Rika and argue with Kenta in VA Ch. 4 shows this before Loki has Takato's body.
- Obviously Evil: The way her personality is shown, she is definitely this.
- Psychotic Smirk / Slasher Smile: Shown to do these, especially when she backstabs Loki at the end of Valkyrie Advent.
- Really Gets Around: Really seductive to men in general.
- Royal Brat: Another defining trait. As Gudrun, she and Gunnar came from a rich kingdom.
- Satanic Archetype: She is seen as the traitor to Asgard as a fallen Valkyrie and helping Loki to bring forth Ragnarok.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: In modern times, Adora Frost is reawakened by Loki for his goals. However, it is a BAD idea in the long run.
- Shadow Archetype: She represents the darkness of what Brunhilde could have become in manipulating her pawns to get what she wants instead of being an earnest hero being loyal to companions.
- The Sociopath: Like most villains, but she takes it to a greater degree.
- Smug Super: She is extremely prideful in battle.
- Super Mode: She can become a Dai-Valkyrie in Second Ragnarok.
- The Starscream: After Loki/Dragon-Loki is defeated, Mist assassinates Loki to steal Ymirs armor and desires to rule the Nine Realms for herself.
- Vain Sorceress: She cares about her own appearance and hates being affected.
- The Vamp: The way she seduces and makes out with Takato in VA Chapter 4.That's it, my boy. I'm all you'll ever need. I'll save you from your insecurities.
The mother of Gudrun/Mist and Gunnar. The witch fought Frigg and the original Valkyries before she was defeated, but she planted her spiritual seed inside Gudrun in readied for her revival.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Alongside her daughter once Loki is out of the picture towards the end of Valkyrie Advent.
- Dark Is Evil: She is immoral of course.
- Death by Adaptation: Her Corner self, since she's murdered by her daughter, her soul is now imprisoned in Niflheim shown at the end of Valkyrie Homecoming Segment 8 in not being reincarnated unlike her YYGDM-01 self.
- Expy: Of Ragyo Kiryuin and Ultimecia.
- Knight of Cerebus: She plays completely seriously to a greater degree than Loki. This is true when Mist is the reincarnation of that witch.
- Love Redeems: One of the few redeeming traits when she genuinely fell in love and married Giuki.
- Posthumous Character: She is already slain by Frigg and her team, but is reincarnated as Gudrun/Mist.
- The Sociopath: Just like her daughter.
- Tragic Villain: In some ways, failing to protect her destroyed realm from Asgard forced her to leave behind her husband and her children in attempt to assault her enemies. Yet, she died as a result.
A being manifested from the combined will of Mist and Grimhilde. She first appeared in controlling Mist's mind upon becoming the Lord of Realms in attempted to end Second Ragnarok. But she is defeated by Brunhilde/Silver Valkyrie.
- Big Bad: The true antagonist of Valkyrie Advent after she assassinated Loki.
- Expy: If Mist is like Bakura/Marik, then Mist/Neo Grimhilde is like Yami Bakura/Marik. Bonus points for Grimhilde being like Zorc, and Gunnar being like Odion.
- Hate Sink: All of these traits have been amplified from the original Mist, making this being the most despicable being in all of Kanius' fanfics.
- Knight of Cerebus: Once she overthrows Loki and revealing her true goals, her personality is immoral enough to become one of the most dangerous villains in the series.
- One-Winged Angel: Mist started to enter the first phase in forming this being by wearing Ymir's armor. During her fight against Brunhilde, she transformed into a giant goddess called Dea Mist.
- The Sociopath: This being managed to surpassed both Mist and Grimhilde.
- Villainous Breakdown: Has huge breakdown during her fight against Brunhilde/Silver Valkyrie in their one-on-one duel.